Author Topic: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (replacements in progress)  (Read 264226 times)

Offline rondg

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (US shipped sans extras, int'l sorting, v2.5 in-prog)
« Reply #600 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 14:30:49 »
He posted an update last week saying that there will be boards going out on that week and the week after. That is this week.
It really sucks that we still do not have our boards but there is nothing much we can do right now but wait.

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #601 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 15:41:42 »
Just to let you guys know I am a 2.0 international buyer and I've just received my order (I received a tracking number last week).

Very excited to start building!!

PS Does anyone know of any good tutorial videos / build logs for custom boards  :thumb:?
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 September 2016, 16:30:15 by Pieminister »

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #602 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 18:51:21 »
I definitely wouldn't have expected v2.5 to be anywhere near shipment and I'm pretty lax on updates as LD is reliable. However, some kind of hint at a possible time-frame might be a good info bomb to drop. I'm glad to see people who have been waiting are starting to receive their goods.

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #603 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 19:18:22 »
I'm 2.0 (I guess?), got mine yesterday in Singapore. http://imgur.com/a/sXZR2

My colour is grey-blue according to the 1st post. It's actually pretty nice to look at.

Edit: Saw the later comments, I'm actually 2.0 instead of 1.0, sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 September 2016, 20:07:43 by kenshinjeff »

Offline boo

« Reply #604 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 22:22:28 »
I'm 1.0 (I guess?), got mine yesterday in Singapore. http://imgur.com/a/sXZR2

what color is that?

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #606 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 05:31:01 »
I am in 1.0 and still haven't received tracking number.  LDpls.
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline Elaeagnifolia

• Click Quack.
« Reply #607 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 08:41:36 »

People seem to be confusing the version numbers. For clarification and from what I understand, 1.0 was the first ever run Lunaris did of ZZ96. This 1.0 group buy happened several months ago and is COMPLETED. ZZ96 V1.0 were all already sent out before ZZ96 V2.0 group buy even started.

If you ordered a ZZ96 this round / picked up an extra set Lunaris was selling due to the color mismatch situation, you are 2.0 (Hence the title ZZ96 V2). If you ordered when Lunaris opened the GB form again temporarily most recently, you are 2.5.

Hope that clears things up and doesn't have people misunderstanding / thinking they're 1.0, when in reality everyone who joined the GB here are either 2.0 (Currently being sent out / in production if color was wrong) or 2.5 (Currently in production). 

Lunaris overall is a trustworthy guy and he's probably super busy right now, but I have no doubts that he'll see this group buy to fruition. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 September 2016, 08:43:47 by Elaeagnifolia »

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #608 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 11:31:35 »
Agreed with you there. Just seemed to be a dropoff on transparency and updates since the Aug 30th date he gave us - the latest was a little vague in terms of who's orders are where and why the delay for some. Hoping things are doing ok (both GB-wise and himself personally).

Either way, can't wait to get that tracking number and build this beauty - the boards thus far are looking delicious.

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #609 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 14:29:32 »
He posted an update last week saying that there will be boards going out on that week and the week after. That is this week.
It really sucks that we still do not have our boards but there is nothing much we can do right now but wait.

I'm mostly concerned with having an appropriate timeline. A month ago the timeline was less than two weeks, and a month later it's still two weeks. I'm not asking for the board to be delivered today, I just want an accurate date.

Offline boo

« Reply #610 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 14:52:41 »
Can anyone tell me the front lip height from the table please?

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #611 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 16:39:34 »
Can anyone tell me the front lip height from the table please?

24mm

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #612 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 18:09:00 »

People seem to be confusing the version numbers. For clarification and from what I understand, 1.0 was the first ever run Lunaris did of ZZ96. This 1.0 group buy happened several months ago and is COMPLETED. ZZ96 V1.0 were all already sent out before ZZ96 V2.0 group buy even started.

If you ordered a ZZ96 this round / picked up an extra set Lunaris was selling due to the color mismatch situation, you are 2.0 (Hence the title ZZ96 V2). If you ordered when Lunaris opened the GB form again temporarily most recently, you are 2.5.

Hope that clears things up and doesn't have people misunderstanding / thinking they're 1.0, when in reality everyone who joined the GB here are either 2.0 (Currently being sent out / in production if color was wrong) or 2.5 (Currently in production). 

Lunaris overall is a trustworthy guy and he's probably super busy right now, but I have no doubts that he'll see this group buy to fruition. :thumb:

Then what do you call for people who ordered ZZ96 v2 but are not changing colors due to color mismatches? I am in that group of people, so does gadzkun and kenshinjeff

Offline breitling

« Reply #613 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 18:15:21 »

Then what do you call for people who ordered ZZ96 v2 but are not changing colors due to color mismatches? I am in that group of people, so does gadzkun and kenshinjeff

Those would just be v2.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #614 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 20:47:40 »

You still dont get the tracking? Mine already in jakarta.
Wait till monday maybe it will show up. :D

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #615 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 21:44:11 »
any word from LD? havent seen him drop in thread for a while..

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #616 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 03:51:05 »
I'm here, gimme some time, will respond to the posts and PMs in order.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #617 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 04:35:03 »

You still dont get the tracking? Mine already in jakarta.
Wait till monday maybe it will show up. :D
I still haven't got it D:

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #618 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 08:12:41 »
my first custom full alu board comes (light gray) :p

sorry potato

ty LD  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #619 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 09:27:05 »
my first custom full alu board comes (light gray) :p

sorry potato

Show Image

ty LD  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Looks amazing!

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #620 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 10:41:13 »
I got it all working, spent all day assembling and configuring it. Can't wait to post some pictures soon.

More
Ok really stupid question. I am currently in the process of soldering in my switches and SIP sockets. I plugged the keyboard in and the under-board LEDs light up beautifully so i am excited to get it all done. However ... what do I actually do once I have it all assembles to get it working and to control the in switch LEDs, keymapping etc? Someone linked a boatloder thing recently but it doesn't come with FAQ or anything and all the assembly guides only cover the mechanical parts of assembly.

Edit: Ok cool even after just soldering all the switches in and plugging it in i got everything expect for the # key (iso layout) to work just by plug and play. The LEDs on capslock and scroll lock light up by hitting the keys, so at least i know I soldered them right. Now just to figure out how to control the other in switch LEDs, which are off by default.

edit 2: i got the leds working but figuring out this bootmapper will be tricky.  now the main mystery is the non working # key (iso layout). the solder joint looks good even the LED in that switch works. I guess that the keyboard "thinks" it should be ANSI, even though it is ISO, so I will have a look in BM to see how to change that.
If anyone has a ISO layout ZZ96, let me know if you had to do anything specific to set it up
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 October 2016, 12:07:59 by Pieminister »

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #621 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 16:51:41 »
I got it all working, spent all day assembling and configuring it. Can't wait to post some pictures soon.

Here's a guide from XX7: http://imgur.com/a/Jbdh4 for future reference :^)

Piiiiiics

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #622 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 11:59:58 »
This board is amazing. Thank you LunarisDream!

Full Album:   http://imgur.com/a/b1boG

I am sort of glad that everything was delivered in stages - i got my Zealios months before the ZZ96. This means I had plenty of time to SIP socket and lube them before this arrived.

« Last Edit: Sun, 02 October 2016, 12:06:20 by Pieminister »

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #623 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 12:32:18 »

I am sort of glad that everything was delivered in stages - i got my Zealios months before the ZZ96. This means I had plenty of time to SIP socket and lube them before this arrived.

Show Image

I'm super jealous of all the pictures. Still waiting for mine :(
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #624 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 14:33:35 »

Show Image

Looks great!

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #625 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 15:34:25 »

What type LED did you use PieMinister? (O/T are you affiliated with the pie company by any chance?  :p)

From the picture it looks like they're 2x3x4mm LEDs, do you have any issues using them with Cherry profile caps?

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #626 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 15:57:51 »

What type LED did you use PieMinister? (O/T are you affiliated with the pie company by any chance?  :p)

From the picture it looks like they're 2x3x4mm LEDs, do you have any issues using them with Cherry profile caps?

Good question, they are indeed 2x3x4 LEDs. At least that is what they were advertised as to me when i bought them on geekhack.  And yes they did rub a bit on GMK profile caps. However, i simply sanded them down a tad, which was tedious, but totally solved the problem. You just have to rub the switch against sandpaper for a couple of seconds and it is sorted. Other people supposedly had no problems with 2x3x4 caps.

here is a picture with an unmodified 2x3x4, a sanded down 2x3x4 and a 1.8mm LED.
http://imgur.com/a/VC0op

And I am not associated with the pieshop, but on the day I needed a geekhack name, i had some sitting in front of me for lunch.

« Last Edit: Sun, 02 October 2016, 16:00:07 by Pieminister »

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #627 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 16:05:35 »

Good question, they are indeed 2x3x4 LEDs. At least that is what they were advertised as to me when i bought them on geekhack.  And yes they did rub a bit on GMK profile caps. However, i simply sanded them down a tad, which was tedious, but totally solved the problem. You just have to rub the switch against sandpaper for a couple of seconds and it is sorted. Other people supposedly had no problems with 2x3x4 caps.

here is a picture with an unmodified 2x3x4, a sanded down 2x3x4 and a 1.8mm LED.
http://imgur.com/a/VC0op

And I am not associated with the pieshop, but on the day I needed a geekhack name, i had some sitting in front of me for lunch.

Thanks, that's very helpful! Must've been a lot of work though, I'll probably just stick the LED inside the switch when mine comes along.

Offline breitling

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (US shipped sans extras, int'l mostly shipped, v2.5 in-prog)
« Reply #628 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 17:14:47 »
i've used 2x3x4 on almost all my boards and i never have a problem with GMK or other cherry profile caps rubbing on them.. and most of my keysets are Cherry profile.

Offline Gajible

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (US shipped sans extras, int'l mostly shipped, v2.5 in-prog)
« Reply #629 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 20:03:32 »
Definitely looking forward to my tracking #, seeing all these nice builds is making me foam at the mouth.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #630 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 00:14:01 »
Definitely looking forward to my tracking #, seeing all these nice builds is making me foam at the mouth.

Me too man XD

Offline breitling

« Reply #631 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 00:41:52 »

Me too man XD

Ditto!!!!

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #632 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 17:30:05 »
Anyone get a tracking number this week? Wondering when next shipment is expected to go out. All my parts are ready and waiting =D

Offline breitling

« Reply #633 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 17:41:40 »
Anyone get a tracking number this week? Wondering when next shipment is expected to go out. All my parts are ready and waiting =D

LD updated the first post to say that a few kits were on the way to the reshipped and that we would get tracking when they arrived at the reshipper which sounds like he won't get until after the national holiday... like a week from now.

I do kinda wish he would say which ones he sent out and keep us updated on which ones weren't sent out and why... mostly cuz its delayed quite a bit from what he said originally. And then now I'm hoping every day I get a PM with some tracking info but I could be a month or two away if its sitting stateside waiting for feet or PCB.. would rather know one way or another so I don't have to get my hopes up! But what can you do right? I guess just try and forget about it and be happy when it shows up!

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #634 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 17:55:54 »
Hot damn did not see that update. Praise the man himself! Good info there. Will sit tight :)

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #635 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 18:18:39 »

LD updated the first post to say that a few kits were on the way to the reshipped and that we would get tracking when they arrived at the reshipper which sounds like he won't get until after the national holiday... like a week from now.

I do kinda wish he would say which ones he sent out and keep us updated on which ones weren't sent out and why... mostly cuz its delayed quite a bit from what he said originally. And then now I'm hoping every day I get a PM with some tracking info but I could be a month or two away if its sitting stateside waiting for feet or PCB.. would rather know one way or another so I don't have to get my hopes up! But what can you do right? I guess just try and forget about it and be happy when it shows up!

Seconded.

Offline oatsbagotes

« Reply #636 on: Thu, 06 October 2016, 22:25:22 »
Im opening my v2.5 spot for sale if anyone is interested for 24hrs and you can change your colors through lunaris. PM me if interested

Offline wodan

« Reply #637 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 00:52:35 »
Im opening my v2.5 spot for sale if anyone is interested for 24hrs and you can change your colors through lunaris. PM me if interested

PM'd

Offline tkpresent

« Reply #638 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 14:02:38 »
Thanks LD.

I got mine today!
I'm so excited that this gonna be my first custom!

BTW, I've got 2 quick questions as a super beginner.
- What's the black double side tape for?
- What kind (or size) of screwdriver I need to buy for the screws?
- HHKB
- Varmilo VA68M
- Octagon V2
- TX 87
- ZZ96
- TX1800

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #639 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 14:42:40 »
I haven't actually used the tape for anything yet but I guess you can put it on the bottom of the case to prevent it from sliding / scratching the table.

For the screwdriver question I bought one of the little Jewlery sets of screw drivers and they have come in useful in a few situations. They are also magnetic so they hang on to little screws which is useful. Cost like £4

Offline tkpresent

« Reply #640 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 17:08:15 »
I haven't actually used the tape for anything yet but I guess you can put it on the bottom of the case to prevent it from sliding / scratching the table.

For the screwdriver question I bought one of the little Jewlery sets of screw drivers and they have come in useful in a few situations. They are also magnetic so they hang on to little screws which is useful. Cost like £4

Show Image

Thank you for these details bud.
But, I think the screws that I have look like hex ones.

Maybe I'll have to get a hex wrenches, and now I just wonder which size I should get. :eek:
- HHKB
- Varmilo VA68M
- Octagon V2
- TX 87
- ZZ96
- TX1800

Offline wodan

« Reply #641 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 02:19:53 »
Paid ;)

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #642 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 02:25:33 »

Show Image

Maybe I'll have to get a hex wrenches, and now I just wonder which size I should get. :eek:

Can I get a picture of the "black double-sided tape"? I think you may be talking about the 4 pieces of case feet, but those shouldn't be thick enough to be mistaken as tape so I dunno.

There should be a mini hex wrench inside the baggie w/ the screws and case feet.

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #643 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 03:01:33 »
Any extras in dark grey nobody wants?

Offline QuickDelat

« Reply #644 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 11:53:42 »
after 2 weeks, I finally had some time yesterday to build this :)
just finished the first version of the firmware, probably going to go some more iterations over the next weeks, adding some macros and changing some of the Fn option to suit my needs.
I'll hopefully have some time to upload some pictures tomorrow.
Have to start cooking now.

Offline tkpresent

« Reply #645 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 20:48:41 »

Show Image

Can I get a picture of the "black double-sided tape"? I think you may be talking about the 4 pieces of case feet, but those shouldn't be thick enough to be mistaken as tape so I dunno.

There should be a mini hex wrench inside the baggie w/ the screws and case feet.

Hi LD.
The tape name is "3M Double Coated Tissue Tape (9448A)" and looks pretty thick.
Also, the screws are already screwed down with the case when I opened the box and I couldn't find the hex wrench...

So, if I need to buy the hex wrench, what size should I get specifically?
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 October 2016, 11:33:13 by tkpresent »
- HHKB
- Varmilo VA68M
- Octagon V2
- TX 87
- ZZ96
- TX1800

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #646 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 11:50:14 »
You would probably be safe to just grab a set from Canadian Tire rather than buying an individual one. Will save money in the long run.

Offline breitling

« Reply #647 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 12:24:00 »
Make sure it's a metric allen/hex set though i find most screws used are metric.

Offline tkpresent

« Reply #648 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 15:41:47 »
Thank you for your info guys.

I'll buy a set of hex wrenches from amazon.
Maybe this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00I5TH074/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

Hope this set fits the hex screws!
- HHKB
- Varmilo VA68M
- Octagon V2
- TX 87
- ZZ96
- TX1800

Offline breitling

« Reply #649 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 15:52:46 »
Those look like a good deal! Might get another set myself :)