Author Topic: Making use of unused keys on Phantom  (Read 1625 times)

Offline rampantandroid

Making use of unused keys on Phantom
« on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 01:06:07 »
Hey everyone,

I've been looking into a Phantom for a bit, and I had a question with regards to making use of the extra keys. To start with, a basic TKL layout, it looks like the following keys aren't used (these are in form of row,column. I used this image to get switch numbers):

• 0,6 (where is this one? I see 0,7 twice.)
  • 0,10 (if no FN key)

Now, given this, I should be able to put switches there that the teensy will be able to map correctly, and place the switches anywhere I want to if I just run wire to the pads (still soldering the diodes to the board), correct? My idea is to take an existing plate design (I'm thinking of starting with the CAD files that Kakkun uploaded as part of his Laika TKL here), allowing me to use this design:

The new keys (which for me would end up just being playback keys) would be plate mounted, with wires run to them (I'd use a 2 pin connector to allow the board to be disconnected without unsoldering everything.)

Does this idea seem sane?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 March 2016, 06:51:40 by rampantandroid »
Someone apparently went up to the great philosopher Wittgenstein and said "What a lot of morons people back in the Middle Ages must have been to have looked, every morning, at the dawn and to have thought what they were seeing was the Sun going around the Earth, when every school kid knows that the Earth goes around the Sun", to which Wittgenstein replied "Yeah, but I wonder what it would have looked like if the Sun had been going around the Earth?"

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Re: Making use of unused keys on Phantom
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 11:26:21 »
It will work.