Author Topic: [IC] Laser GMK - 80's & Cyberpunk (LIVE)  (Read 266645 times)

Offline climbalima

• likes building stuff
Re: [IC] Laser GMK - An 80's vs Cyberpunk Project
« Reply #650 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 11:22:21 »
Just realized Nautilus has LEGENDS on its ergoplanck kit. Laser is really need that legend too to keep the "chaotic future" vibe burn brighter!
Yes, but did you realize that Nautilus has sacrificed ergonomics for aesthetics? Apparently convex keycaps can't have legends, and therefore many thumb keycaps in Nautilus are concave.

Ah I see. I'm not using ErgoDox tho so I'm missing that point. I believe Zambumon is aware of them already but the last couples of GB shows that ErgoDox kit with legend outperform the blank counterpart, it almost double in number on SA Carbon, so I think that justify the final decision to the legend/not.
I prefer blank planck mods myself. Nautilus is pretty awesome, but not for me because of that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #651 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 11:56:17 »
Just realized Nautilus has LEGENDS on its ergoplanck kit. Laser is really need that legend too to keep the "chaotic future" vibe burn brighter!
Yes, but did you realize that Nautilus has sacrificed ergonomics for aesthetics? Apparently convex keycaps can't have legends, and therefore many thumb keycaps in Nautilus are concave.

Ah I see. I'm not using ErgoDox tho so I'm missing that point. I believe Zambumon is aware of them already but the last couples of GB shows that ErgoDox kit with legend outperform the blank counterpart, it almost double in number on SA Carbon, so I think that justify the final decision to the legend/not.
Planck users are affected as well. The Lower and Raise keycaps are concave.

Offline tusing

« Reply #652 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 16:44:15 »
Any progress updates? Absolutely can't wait to splurge on this kit when it drops!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #653 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 18:19:48 »
Any progress updates? Absolutely can't wait to splurge on this kit when it drops!

I'm just guessing but I suspect this won't be for like 2 months.

Judging by the way massdrop has been going, I think SA Oblivion will be after GMK Nautilus. This should be what comes after oblivion. (They could totally change the order or there could be sets I'm not aware of, but they seem to be alternating GMK and SP)

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #654 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 00:22:54 »
Sorry for didnt go through all the comments, will this set drops once Nautilus is over?

Offline Phitness

« Reply #655 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 00:46:19 »
Showed this set to someone I work with who knows nothing of this subculture and he's for sure in when this drops.  This will be the first keycap GB I join and I'm loving the colors.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #656 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 01:05:50 »
Sorry for this I didnt bother to go through any of the comments (I'm important), will this set drops once Nautilus is over?

Fixt that for you :P

Read up 1 post.

To answer your question. Yes, obviously this set will drop after nautilus and not before (nautilus has dropped now).

If however you are actually trying to ask when, we are only guessing. The most specific timeframe I believe we have been given is like after nautilus to either nov or dec. but as you can see, definitely after nautilus.

Offline TTheuns

« Reply #657 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 19:28:18 »
Sorry for this I didnt bother to go through any of the comments (I'm important), will this set drops once Nautilus is over?

Read up 1 post.

To answer your question. Yes, obviously this set will drop after nautilus and not before (nautilus has dropped now).

If however you are actually trying to ask when, we are only guessing. The most specific timeframe I believe we have been given is like after nautilus to either nov or dec. but as you can see, definitely after nautilus.

Nautilus ends on the 20th, and I've been told that Laser drops immediately after.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #658 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 20:07:43 »

Read up 1 post.

Nautilus ends on the 20th, and I've been told that Laser drops immediately after.

This is a direct quote from mito on massdrop 3 weeks ago:

Due to the magnitude of the project and all parts involved, I can't provide you with a solid launch date just yet. But expect it to happen between the conclusion of Nautilus and November, 2017.

Unless you have heard anything other than this from massdrop or mito, I am assuming it is a guess. So who said that it's immediately after?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline xantiema

« Reply #659 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 05:02:14 »

Read up 1 post.

Told by who?

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #660 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 13:58:30 »
Another request for authenticity: I'm reading Neuromancer now (for thee 4th time, I guess) and DEX pill is definatelly octagonal.

Offline avid

« Reply #661 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 17:02:27 »
This vs solarized dark? Already getting nautilus, but figuring what the 2nd set will be.

What are people in the thread getting out of these?

Offline xantiema

« Reply #662 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 17:16:35 »
This vs solarized dark? Already getting nautilus, but figuring what the 2nd set will be.

This ;)

Offline Juk

« Reply #663 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 17:19:19 »

This ;)
At least one unit of each kit from this   :cool:

Offline xantiema

« Reply #664 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 17:55:26 »

This ;)
At least one unit of each kit from this   :cool:
Skipping nautilus. Gonna grab a few extra of this for sure. The design and effort on this design is on a whole different level  :cool:

« Reply #665 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 17:56:24 »

This.

Offline iliptikal

« Reply #666 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 18:00:08 »

Skipped Solarized and Nautilus personally. But I've already got GMK Skeletor, SA HyperFuse, and GMK Ocean Dolch on the way shortly. I'll be getting a full set with latin alphas and novelties from laser.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Offline digisax

« Reply #667 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 18:12:34 »

Nautilus and Laser, hopefully I can grab a set of Yuri's Cyrillics, Icon Mods, and Novelties when it ships too.

I've got Ocean Dolch on order but I'll probably end up selling it if I can get Yuri. That'll leave me with Plum and Honeywell for sets I have in hand now.
niu mini - R2 T1s, MT3 Dev/TTY

Offline pab

• Dvorakian Nightmare
« Reply #668 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 21:18:21 »

Nautilus and Laser. I've never been a fan of the Solarized colorway (for my text editor or my keyboard).

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #669 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 21:20:03 »

All 3 :D

I'm scared how many GMK sets I will actually buy this year if they keep coming at the rate they are

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #670 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 21:57:58 »
I'm starting to realize I need this to play and enjoy Cyberpunk 2077 to the fullest, guess I'll be in this and Nautilus.

Offline digisax

« Reply #671 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 21:59:10 »
I'm starting to realize I need this to play and enjoy Cyberpunk 2077 to the fullest, guess I'll be in this and Nautilus.

Gotta do a board with magenta or pink LEDs if you want the real experience.

« Reply #672 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 22:14:18 »

You need some SP SA set to enjoy Cyberpunk 2077, I guess. They can even be both delivered to you the same month.

Offline digisax

« Reply #673 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 22:15:16 »

You need some SP SA set to enjoy Cyberpunk 2077, I guess. They can even be both delivered to you the same month.

Profile wise SA works, theme wise Laser is perfect.

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #674 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 22:15:34 »

Already have SA, def prefer GMK for gaming.

« Reply #675 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 23:36:44 »
That's irony it was assuming Cyberpunk 2077 release planned to 2019 and recent SP SA backlog.
Profile wise I'd even better look into dev/tty or HiPro (and theme wised too).

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #676 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 02:04:14 »
I'd buy both really, but definitely prefer GMK. SA would look nice tho.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #677 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 02:32:08 »
I'd buy both really, but definitely prefer GMK. SA would look nice tho.

nonono... SA is too "soft" for this set, it has to be edgy and striking!

Offline xantiema

« Reply #678 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 13:10:04 »

Great minds think alike Rofl  :thumb:

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #679 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 13:28:23 »
The wait is painful. My body is ready.

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline arhetue

« Reply #680 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 14:45:42 »
I want this bad. Not interested in SA, very interested in GMK or DSA. :thumb:

Offline TTheuns

« Reply #681 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 14:56:03 »

Read up 1 post.

This is a direct quote from mito on massdrop 3 weeks ago:

Due to the magnitude of the project and all parts involved, I can't provide you with a solid launch date just yet. But expect it to happen between the conclusion of Nautilus and November, 2017.

Unless you have heard anything other than this from massdrop or mito, I am assuming it is a guess. So who said that it's immediately after?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Read up 1 post.

Told by who?

I thought it was MiTo that said it. I can't for the life of me remember where, though.

Offline pab

• Dvorakian Nightmare
« Reply #682 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 11:41:14 »
Would love to see a Colemak/Dvorak kit now that GMK has the molds. I'd be all over it. ☺️

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #683 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 11:44:31 »
Would love to see a Colemak/Dvorak kit now that GMK has the molds. I'd be all over it. ☺️

They always had the molds for alphabetic letters, just nobody did DC kits until recently due to the low demand even in MD drops.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #684 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 14:15:40 »
Did anyone notice that there's an R4 Page Down key missing? I would assume that's what the R3 Page Up key is there to compliment...

Yes there is an R3 PgUp but no R4 PgDn, would be nice to have for sure!  Also wasn't sure if "Caps Loco" was intended :)

I just noticed the missing R4 PgDn, and would like to see it added as well.  It's used in the default layouts of several 65% (most whitefox layouts, tada68, saber68).

With this set, it might be better to take some of the 1U novelties and make them in R2, R3, and R4 instead of having all the 1U novelties be R1.  Then you could use novelties in the correct profile for the keys in the extra column on the right of a 65%, or the 1U shift and key to the right of up on a 60% with arrows, or whatever.

Offline Juk

« Reply #685 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 14:30:59 »
Agree on some R2/3/4 novelties.

Offline rehael

« Reply #686 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 14:39:04 »
What I'd like to see is plain text list of all keys included in respective sets – because the renders differ from the kit images (e.g. 1.75 Fn R3 on renders but not in kit image).

Offline iliptikal

« Reply #687 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 17:29:21 »

With this set, it might be better to take some of the 1U novelties and make them in R2, R3, and R4 instead of having all the 1U novelties be R1.  Then you could use novelties in the correct profile for the keys in the extra column on the right of a 65%, or the 1U shift and key to the right of up on a 60% with arrows, or whatever.
This idea would work well on 75% as well, with the extra row on the right, but I don't know how you could decide which ones get a new row assignment.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 July 2017, 17:48:40 by iliptikal »

Offline xantiema

« Reply #688 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 17:35:44 »
Gotta admit having the added R2 novelties would be brilliant and further complete the allready complete theme  :p

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #689 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 20:39:09 »

It will be hard because Laser has Gaijin/Hiragana. People who use Colemak/Dvorak mostly touch type and some of them (me included) just prefer matching the theme with unique alphabets rather than standard Colemak/Dvorak.

Offline pvd

« Reply #690 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 22:10:24 »
Still holding out hope that a hiragana-only alphas set will make it into the drop.

People have been hyped for LASER for forever! Everything's going to hit MOQ!!!  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline iliptikal

« Reply #691 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 23:46:06 »
Put something together with the idea laid out in split backspace 75% while waiting for ETF to post dead birds.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #692 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 10:27:22 »
MiTo has already stated that there will be a DC kit.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=89079.msg2439668#msg2439668

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #693 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 11:18:54 »
Another request for authenticity: I'm reading Neuromancer now (for thee 4th time, I guess) and DEX pill is definatelly octagonal.

Yep. Seems like an easy fix. Please do it!

Offline Phitness

« Reply #694 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 21:45:14 »
Put something together with the idea laid out in split backspace 75% while waiting for ETF to post dead birds.

Show Image

That in a pink case or maybe purple so I can use it with skeletor too.  Very hype for this set, it's the first keyset GB I just HAVE to get in on.

After seeing the Nautilus ergodox set if the ergodox set had legends I'd get it even though I dont have an ergodox just in case I ever do.  Not sure if there was ever talk about legends on the ergodox set but at least the molds exist now or will soon enough.

Offline badchad

« Reply #695 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 17:52:28 »
MAn the novelties have come a long way.  Can't wait for this set.
BAD

Offline pab

• Dvorakian Nightmare
« Reply #696 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 18:26:42 »

It will be hard because Laser has Gaijin/Hiragana. People who use Colemak/Dvorak mostly touch type and some of them (me included) just prefer matching the theme with unique alphabets rather than standard Colemak/Dvorak.

I touch type Dvorak as well, but I like my labels to be accurate for aesthetic reasons. Also Yuri had both Cyrillics + Dvorak/Colemak kits, so it should be possible to run both.

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #697 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 08:05:14 »
This is going to be a Q3 drop correct?
I want to buy your ETF and Garbo Pusses. PM me

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #698 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 10:28:50 »
+1,000

Great work MiTo!

:thumb:
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline pab

• Dvorakian Nightmare
« Reply #699 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 01:21:14 »
MiTo has already stated that there will be a DC kit.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=89079.msg2439668#msg2439668

Oh excellent! I must've missed that in my first read through.