Author Topic: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark - COMPLETE  (Read 226470 times)

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
[GB] GMK Solarized Dark - COMPLETE
« on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 22:18:11 »
Update:
All the trackings have been sent out.

A major number of the tracking numbers have not been updated (pending). Our USPS pickup person has left USPS, so today, we'll be taking these to USPS. You will see it move tomorrow.

--

If you're waiting for a replacement keycap, you will get the tracking today after I finalize the list. You'll get tracking via email on file. If you've changed addresses since then, please notify support@keyclack.com . I will be holding the replacement keycap shipments for a day before dropping them off at USPS.

--

This GB should be marked to be completed in 2-3 days.

Hello!

Join the Group here: https://www.keyclack.com/groupbuy/gmkSolarizedDarkR1

Colors
  • Solarized Dark uses GMK stock colors, in addition to custom colors
  • Custom Colors - #93a1a1, #00232c, #073642
  • GMK Colors - TU2, RO2, V2, N7, N5, N6, DY, MG1

Includes
  • Dark Base set 157 keys
  • Dark Modifier 27 keys
  • Dark Spacebar 10 keys
  • Dark Ergodox 49 keys

Global Proxies

Shipping Details
  • Estimated Ship Date: Approximately 16 Weeks after GB ends
  • Distributed by Keyclack Inc. in Los Angeles
  • Shipped in Trays

GMK Renders:

« Last Edit: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:17:26 by jchan94 »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
Re: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 22:27:46 »
FYI: Coloured mods will include stepped Caps Lock and Ctrl
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 June 2017, 22:29:20 by thesiscamper »

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline Eturior

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 02:55:27 »
Do the asian and european proxies have separate MOQ's or are they all in the same Keyclack MOQ? Also, will the main Keyclack group buy page order quantities be updated with orders through proxies?

Offline dodgeyhack

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 05:23:49 »
Is there any way to confirm what shipping to Australia from the Asian proxy would be?
I am a bit worried about ordering through a translated taobao but if they can confirm shipping and that it will be ok to order then I may go for it.

Offline Auk

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 05:26:08 »
What happened to the text only modifiers? (like the ones in Oblivion)

Were they rejected by the designer's preference or is there a wider, community preference for GMK's standard legends?

I'm not such a fan of the standard GMK text+icon, I much prefer the text only or icons only when there is something like Cyrillic. Perhaps I am in the minority?

Offline colbs

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 07:16:45 »
Hi all,

I ordered the base and ergodox kit last night, but the keyclack website did not send me to paypal to authorize the payment.  When I ordered GMK oblivion from keyclack, I was sent to the paypal site while placing my order to pre-authorize the charges.  Did I do something wrong on the Solarized order?  Or should I just expect to need to authorize the paypal charges once the GB is done?  Just a bit confused as the payment process seems to be different between oblivion and solarized.

Thanks for any help

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 08:27:54 »

Were they rejected by the designer's preference or is there a wider, community preference for GMK's standard legends?

I'm not such a fan of the standard GMK text+icon, I much prefer the text only or icons only when there is something like Cyrillic. Perhaps I am in the minority?

I don't remember them ever being brought up in the IC, were they? IMO it depends on the set if they are appropriate or not, and also the designers choice. I did a poll nontheless and it came out at 60% for text only IIRC, but it might come out different for other designs.

Hi all,

I ordered the base and ergodox kit last night, but the keyclack website did not send me to paypal to authorize the payment.  When I ordered GMK oblivion from keyclack, I was sent to the paypal site while placing my order to pre-authorize the charges.  Did I do something wrong on the Solarized order?  Or should I just expect to need to authorize the paypal charges once the GB is done?  Just a bit confused as the payment process seems to be different between oblivion and solarized.

Thanks for any help

I believe you authorized PayPal in connection to your KeyClack account of sorts. I changed (canceled and reordered) my order for the SKOG TKL like 5 times, couldn't decide on colors, and I was never asked to authorize again after the initial order.

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 08:30:15 »
Hi all,

Thanks for any help
I ordered just fine last night and was taken to PayPal... I believe keyclack allows you to pay by CC,  maybe that's what happened? @😂@

Sent from my Lenovo PB2-670N using Tapatalk

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 08:44:04 »
Do the asian and european proxies have separate MOQ's or are they all in the same Keyclack MOQ?

I'm not privy to the exact agreements between them, but as I understand it the proxies' orders will be added to the total in the end, and all of them will be counted as one order so even if one proxy has eg. 30 orders and the other two combine for 220, that means MOQ is reached.

Also, will the main Keyclack group buy page order quantities be updated with orders through proxies?

If I remember correctly they will all be added together in the end, but we'll be giving updates to the community while the group buy is active.

The three of us have discussed this and agreed to use icon+text mods.

Offline colbs

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 08:51:14 »
I believe you authorized PayPal in connection to your KeyClack account of sorts. I changed (canceled and reordered) my order for the SKOG TKL like 5 times, couldn't decide on colors, and I was never asked to authorize again after the initial order.

I looked into it some more, and you are right.  When you pay for something at Keyclack with paypal for the first time, you need to pre-authorize the purchase.  When you do so, there is a text blurb saying something along the lines of "Use bank account XXXX for all future keyclack purchases."  Since I had already done that with oblivion, I don't need to do it with solarized dark.  Not sure if paypal will ask me to authorize the transaction or not once the GB is done, but at least it looks like the order went through correctly.

Thanks for your help Oblotzky.

Offline Auk

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 09:39:55 »
...brought up in the IC, were they?

It was, but I admit I scratched my head for a bit wondering if I had just conflated the Solarized discussion with the Oblivion discussion. I had to go back and read from the start, but it is on the IC thread, from the first page.

...poll ... at 60% for text only IIRC

A closer split than I would've predicted, it seemed like enthusiasm was really high for the text only. Useful tidbit of information anyway for future designs :)

Thanks for clearing that up. I was sure Solarized was going to be text only, but probably it was the Oblivion discussion that made me think it was certain.

Also, will the main Keyclack group buy page order quantities be updated with orders through proxies?

If I remember correctly they will all be added together in the end, but we'll be giving updates to the community while the group buy is active.

MyKeyboard say this on the buy page: "When completing your order for a kit, we will charge your PayPal account immediately.  At the end of the group buy, we will send you an invoice with the final pricing and refund the difference.  We are currently not able to authenticate future payments."

Can we take this as confirmation the proxies will be getting the price break benefits when/if the quantities are met?

« Last Edit: Wed, 21 June 2017, 09:43:31 by Auk »

Offline Data

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 10:08:13 »
MyKeyboard say this on the buy page: "When completing your order for a kit, we will charge your PayPal account immediately.  At the end of the group buy, we will send you an invoice with the final pricing and refund the difference.  We are currently not able to authenticate future payments."

This kind of makes me want to wait until the last day to order.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 10:08:29 »
Do the asian and european proxies have separate MOQ's or are they all in the same Keyclack MOQ?

I'm not privy to the exact agreements between them, but as I understand it the proxies' orders will be added to the total in the end, and all of them will be counted as one order so even if one proxy has eg. 30 orders and the other two combine for 220, that means MOQ is reached.

For Oblivion, #1 MOQ was dictated by combining the numbers, so 150 US and 100 Asian orders would meet GMK's MOQ of 250. Regarding #2, the asian numbers were not added to KeyClack's page at the end. #2 might be different of course for this GB.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 10:36:02 »

For Oblivion, #1 MOQ was dictated by combining the numbers, so 150 US and 100 Asian orders would meet GMK's MOQ of 250. Regarding #2, the asian numbers were not added to KeyClack's page at the end. #2 might be different of course for this GB.

I see, I'll wait for jchan's clarification then. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chaseyeh0721

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 10:52:16 »
FYI: Coloured mods will include stepped Caps Lock and Ctrl

Hi JC, rain1blood, and thesiscamper,

Is it possible to include colored 1U Alt and 1U Crtl? Thank you.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 10:56:04 »
So let's say I just discovered this and am too lazy to research.

In the renders the mods with the colored legends look dark gray, but the GMK render shows it as more green. Are the mods greenish or grayish?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 11:16:20 »

In the renders the mods with the colored legends look dark gray, but the GMK render shows it as more green. Are the mods greenish or grayish?

Color hex value is http://www.color-hex.com/color/00232c according to GMK image

Offline colbs

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 11:20:38 »
wow, 17 ergodox kit orders already on keyclack....this might just make it  :thumb:

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 11:32:23 »

Color hex value is http://www.color-hex.com/color/00232c according to GMK image

Looks like a navy/midnight blue to me.

Offline Auk

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 11:55:49 »
You can see from the RGB values is has a strong green component:
    R : 00
    G : 35
    B : 44
Would a full screen of the single color help to see it better?

171266-0

Offline MUMU

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 12:00:27 »
I need it!  :eek: (thx for eu proxy)
 I need a new kb too...Black or white case for this set?

Offline Data

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 13:53:54 »
You can see from the RGB values is has a strong green component:
    R : 00
    G : 35
    B : 44
Would a full screen of the single color help to see it better?

(Attachment Link)

This is a really great color.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 14:19:40 »
Hi all,

Thanks for any help

Once you get authorized, you sign a billing agreement with us basically, and you're good to go from there.

...brought up in the IC, were they?

It was, but I admit I scratched my head for a bit wondering if I had just conflated the Solarized discussion with the Oblivion discussion. I had to go back and read from the start, but it is on the IC thread, from the first page.

...poll ... at 60% for text only IIRC

A closer split than I would've predicted, it seemed like enthusiasm was really high for the text only. Useful tidbit of information anyway for future designs :)

Thanks for clearing that up. I was sure Solarized was going to be text only, but probably it was the Oblivion discussion that made me think it was certain.

Can we take this as confirmation the proxies will be getting the price break benefits when/if the quantities are met?

All prices are honored. It is a group effort. If you choose to order through a proxy, the price is honored, according to the break. Everyone has a slightly different price because of taxes, etc that each country has to work with.

For the comment about adding the numbers are the end, that is something we will do. Oblivion was a special case, in which collectively with our proxy, we met with 250 MoQ for the White base set. We manually review the numbers after and see if the numbers are good to go.

Hope that clears things up.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline colbs

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 14:29:25 »
Once you get authorized, you sign a billing agreement with us basically, and you're good to go from there.

Sorry, just want to clarify this.  Are you saying the paypal authorization I did for GMK oblivion resulted in this billing agreement, which is why I didn't need to authorize the solarized dark order?

Offline Auk

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 14:33:05 »
...If you choose to order through a proxy, the price is honored, according to the break...

Good to know, thanks :)

I think the good people running MyKeyboards could help themselves and the buy if they clarify this on their page and promote the price breaks.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 June 2017, 14:47:19 by Auk »

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 14:42:01 »

Sorry, just want to clarify this.  Are you saying the paypal authorization I did for GMK oblivion resulted in this billing agreement, which is why I didn't need to authorize the solarized dark order?

Correct.

Offline WCO1

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 19:46:56 »
please consider adding a 1.25x menu key to the modifier kit and maybe a 1.00x fn key. then it would be possible to use the modifier kit with other gmk sets. :)

Offline cruk

• :> keys
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 22:08:57 »
I was looking at Taobao and my country is not listed in the shipping part, so when I chose other international countries, freight was shown as 800.00 rmb. Is that what they're charging for shipping? or is it the 88 rmb that they're mentioning?

Offline chaseyeh0721

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 22:54:02 »

Modify message

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 20:46:03 »

Modify message
I talked to jchan and he said it's possible, will update everyone when we clear all these additional keys up.

Offline chaseyeh0721

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 21:15:42 »

Modify message
I talked to jchan and he said it's possible, will update everyone when we clear all these additional keys up.

Hi thesiscamper,

Thank you so much for the reply. Since you are discussing, if you can add colored 1U Alt, 1U Ctrl, and 1U FN, then it will be great and appreciated. Thank you.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 21:29:14 »

Modify message

Hi thesiscamper,

Thank you so much for the reply. Since you are discussing, if you can add colored 1U Alt, 1U Ctrl, and 1U FN, then it will be great and appreciated. Thank you.

They're all in there already.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline chaseyeh0721

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 23:32:56 »

Modify message

Hi thesiscamper,

They're all in there already.

Sorry Puddsy, maybe I missed but did not see the colored 1U Alt, colored 1U Ctrl, and 1U FN in the Solarized Dark Modifier Kit.

Thank you.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 01:18:34 »
Ah, was unclear. Those keys are in the base kit, but not the color mod kit.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 10:32:19 »
Well, I'm in. I think the mods will mix n match with gmk penumbra

And again, I love you for the EU proxy <3

Sent from my sofa using lazy-stuff...

Offline Atredl

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 19:02:05 »
Why are two row 1 Home keys needed? There's one in the nav cluster and another in the 1800 portion of the base kit.

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 19:32:59 »
Is it too late to include a cherry off-centred 6u Spacebar in #073642 base colour? It would be used for HHKB layout.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 21:54:57 »
In for base, mods, spacebar.
keyboards.

Offline eksuen

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 21:40:28 »
Trying to join on the keyclack site, but I'm getting an error. I'll try again later.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 22:06:46 »
 :(
Trying to join on the keyclack site, but I'm getting an error. I'll try again later.

Is that an internal server error?

It's a Google server issue :-X

Offline eksuen

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 22:11:16 »

Yeah, internal server error.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 22:15:08 »

Yeah, internal server error.

Just give it like an hour.

Silly Google.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 23:54:37 »
Not crazy about the colors in the GMK render. I prefer the bluer/grayer tones of the other renders. On top of that, the color hex sample looks like something in-between the two. I'm rather confused about what this will actually look like.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 00:14:26 »
Not crazy about the colors in the GMK render. I prefer the bluer/grayer tones of the other renders. On top of that, the color hex sample looks like something in-between the two. I'm rather confused about what this will actually look like.

GMK renders are almost never accurate. Thesiscamper renders are where its at.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 00:37:55 »

Hmm, I actually find it the opposite actually.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 01:09:02 »

Have you seen what a GMK render of CMYK looks like for example?

These colors are not even remotely accurate on my calibrated oled display or my iPad Pro. I feel like if that looks accurate to you your display is calibrated way way off. Like you must be massively ramping color/contrast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 01:20:28 »

Have you seen what a GMK render of CMYK looks like for example?
Show Image

These colors are not even remotely accurate on my calibrated oled display or my iPad Pro. I feel like if that looks accurate to you your display is calibrated way way off. Like you must be massively ramping color/contrast.

That's just one example. Gmk renders for recent sets (hydro and plum) are pretty close to what the sets actually look like. Thesiscamper's render for plum is not even remotely close to what the set actually looks like. But renders are renders, just gotta wait for the set to actually come out to see what it really looks like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: GMK's render of honeywell is pretty spot on too

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 01:55:02 »
I'm still confused...

The GMK Honeywell Render for example:

Doesn't look anything like this to me:

Plum Render:

Plum GMK Render:

Plum:

One of the things you have to keep in mind, especially with tans, is the spectrum of your light is going to have a tremendous impact on how something looks.

Hydro GMK Render:

Hydro Render:

Hydro:

To my eyes the GMK renders are ALWAYS less accurate.

For hydro the blues are undersaturated. The gray is oversaturated.

My best guess is GMK is rendering the images in something other than normal RGB/YUV. An extended color space or something, and then not doing a good converstion. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were some way to filter the GMK renders to make them all accurate (with the same filter) because to me, they all seem flawed in the same way.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 02:47:12 »
I'm still confused...

The GMK Honeywell Render for example:

Show Image

Doesn't look anything like this to me:

Show Image

Plum Render:

Show Image

Plum GMK Render:

Show Image

Plum:

Show Image

Show Image

One of the things you have to keep in mind, especially with tans, is the spectrum of your light is going to have a tremendous impact on how something looks.

Hydro GMK Render:

Show Image

Hydro Render:

Show Image

Hydro:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

To my eyes the GMK renders are ALWAYS less accurate.

For hydro the blues are undersaturated. The gray is oversaturated.

My best guess is GMK is rendering the images in something other than normal RGB/YUV. An extended color space or something, and then not doing a good converstion. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were some way to filter the GMK renders to make them all accurate (with the same filter) because to me, they all seem flawed in the same way.

Interesting lighting you are choosing there. Like I said, no renders are accurate lol, they are renders. All I'm saying GMK has been closer imo. The GMK renders seem very bright and a lot of white in it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 June 2017, 02:50:49 by forevermadrigal »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 02:54:35 »
Interesting lighting you are choosing there.

Do you have examples that are different? If I'm wrong I'd love to be corrected. I just googled photos. I don't own plum and my hydro hasn't shown up yet.

Your response makes it out like you think I'm trying to win an argument. Just to be clear... I am not.

I could care less which one of us is correct. I just have seen nothing that would lead me to trust the GMK renders. If I'm lacking information, I'd love to know. Rather than just saying it's wrong, I'd love to know what specifically you think is wrong. Which render. What is wrong with the render? Etc.

I'm not trying to invalidate your opinion, just understand where it comes from.