Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3534321 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #6100 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:37:18 »
Quick question.

I would like to have a off center caps lock on my Filco.  What dictates a board having a off center caps lock?  Is it the plate, the PCB, or both?

Both - basically the switch has to be offset to the left for a off-centre-stemmed caps lock to fit.

Or did you mean a stepped caps lock (which are usually, but not always, off-centre-stemmed)?  You can get centre-stemmed stepped caps lock key caps that fit a standard board.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #6101 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:53:06 »
Quick question.

I would like to have a off center caps lock on my Filco.  What dictates a board having a off center caps lock?  Is it the plate, the PCB, or both?

Both - basically the switch has to be offset to the left for a off-centre-stemmed caps lock to fit.

Or did you mean a stepped caps lock (which are usually, but not always, off-centre-stemmed)?  You can get centre-stemmed stepped caps lock key caps that fit a standard board.

Thanks.  I have a few center-stemmed stepped caps lock keys, but they never match the cap sets I have very good.  But that is the look that iam wanting. Just wondering to get that if I would have to get a different plate & PCB?

Quick question.
both :) so maybe buy a phantom and plate,for plate you can see on CAD Resource

Thanks for the info.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6102 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 09:41:29 »
Hello, im wondering if Mimic's sleeved mini usb cables fit the Ducky Shine 3 because i heard they are too thick to fit in the channels

I don't know because I don't have a Ducky Shine 3 but you can ask tjcaustin through PMs or his vendor forum. He runs mimic-cables.

Has anyone tried the GH Lubekit on Originative and compared it to the regular 103/205 Krytox mixture for Ergo-Clears?
What are the differences between Krytox GPL 105/206 vs 103/205?

Looks like the differences that would matter to a GeekHacker is viscosity or how "thick" the mixture will be. You can check the Dupont data sheet on Krytox for more detailed information.

I've never tried the "regular mixture". I've only used the GH Lubekit. jdcarpe or mkawa might be able to help if you'd like to PM them. Or maybe they'll see this post.

So a while ago I saw a post where someone had taken a square punch (14mm) with the correct sized die and made it longer to help prototype layouts.  Does anyone know where this thread is or where I might be able to get my hands on this type of punch?

Try this post.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #6103 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 10:52:30 »
So a while ago I saw a post where someone had taken a square punch (14mm) with the correct sized die and made it longer to help prototype layouts.  Does anyone know where this thread is or where I might be able to get my hands on this type of punch?

Try this post.
[/quote]

Thanks CPT you are amazing.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6104 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 16:08:16 »
Quick question.

Thanks.  I have a few center-stemmed stepped caps lock keys, but they never match the cap sets I have very good.  But that is the look that iam wanting. Just wondering to get that if I would have to get a different plate & PCB?

To fit a non-centre-stemmed stepped caps lock on a Filco you would probably need a new PCB (I doubt you could successfully modify the one that it comes with), and a new plate (although that would be slightly easier to modify).  Then you would probably need a new case, unless you managed to find a PCB/plate that would fit into your existing Filco case.

Basically you'd need a new keyboard ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6105 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 16:17:14 »
More

Quick question.

To fit a non-centre-stemmed stepped caps lock on a Filco you would probably need a new PCB (I doubt you could successfully modify the one that it comes with), and a new plate (although that would be slightly easier to modify).  Then you would probably need a new case, unless you managed to find a PCB/plate that would fit into your existing Filco case.

Or you can do a stem mod on the stepped caps lock.

Cut the stem off. You can either do it carefully to reuse or get a donor cap and harvest the stem. Take the cut stem and glue/epoxy it to the proper location.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #6106 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 17:25:57 »
Quick question.

What about going with a phantom plate and PCB?  If I remember right the plate and PCB will drip into a filco or qfr case and is compatible with both center and off center caps lock.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #6107 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 17:29:13 »
Quick question.

What about going with a phantom plate and PCB?  If I remember right the plate and PCB will drip into a filco or qfr case and is compatible with both center and off center caps lock.

It is looking like that is what iam going to have to do. I know MechanicalKeyboards sells the Phantom PCB, but where would I get the plate?
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6108 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 17:41:30 »
Quick question.

That is a lot of work (soldering all the switches etc.) to go through just to get an off-centre-stemmed stepped caps lock.

CPTBadAss's idea of modifying a caps lock key might be worth a try first.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #6109 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 17:55:24 »
Quick question.

That is a lot of work (soldering all the switches etc.) to go through just to get an off-centre-stemmed stepped caps lock.

CPTBadAss's idea of modifying a caps lock key might be worth a try first.

True, but I was eventually wanting to have a Phantom anyways :)
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #6110 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 23:54:28 »
Anyone got a list of wireless 60% boards via bluetooth?

The only one I know of is the filco minila air. Are there any other ones?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6111 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 08:10:02 »

Matias Quiet Pro and I think there's a Keycool or Noppoo that are wireless. But a quick search seems to show that the Keycool and Noppoo are TKL.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #6112 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:06:06 »

Matias Quiet Pro and I think there's a Keycool or Noppoo that are wireless. But a quick search seems to show that the Keycool and Noppoo are TKL.

I'm surprised that nobody has made an adapter that plugs into the end of the USB cord to make any keyboard wireless yet.  Or am I missing something that makes this not work right?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6113 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:08:57 »

I'm surprised that nobody has made an adapter that plugs into the end of the USB cord to make any keyboard wireless yet.  Or am I missing something that makes this not work right?

Well there is this

http://handheldsci.com/kb

I guess concerns would be battery life and size/look of the adapter and cost.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #6114 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 20:52:33 »
Is there a list of old Cherry boards that come with doubleshot keys? I've been looking for a set and it would be great to know which keyboards to look for specifically.

Thanks!  :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6115 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 20:59:58 »
Is there a list of old Cherry boards that come with doubleshot keys?

First and foremost, please read. I posted a partial list literally one page back. Assuming you want the standard ANSI layout:

So, I bought the board in this post back in December, mainly for the caps:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=52130.0

But I hate all of the relegendable keys on the F Row, Ins Cluster, and Arrows. Can anyone recommend a cheap Cherry board to get normal WoB caps to replace them?

- G80-8100
- MY7000
- MY1800

You'll want to refer here for your preferred material. I just bought a cheap Cherry MY1800LUMUS for the White on Black POM caps

Other models to look for:

- G81-8100
- G80-1800 / G81-1800

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #6116 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 21:09:12 »

First and foremost, please read. I posted a partial list literally one page back. Assuming you want the standard ANSI layout:

But I hate all of the relegendable keys on the F Row, Ins Cluster, and Arrows. Can anyone recommend a cheap Cherry board to get normal WoB caps to replace them?

- G80-8100
- MY7000
- MY1800

You'll want to refer here for your preferred material. I just bought a cheap Cherry MY1800LUMUS for the White on Black POM caps

- G81-8100
- G80-1800 / G81-1800

Thank you for the help. I read all the FAQ to see if it was in there, but I didn't read the posts.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6117 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 21:18:36 »
More

- G80-8100
- MY7000
- MY1800

- G81-8100
- G80-1800 / G81-1800

Thank you for the help. I read all the FAQ to see if it was in there, but I didn't read the posts.

Should also say the modifiers on most of those boards except for the -8100 boards won't fit a standard ANSI. You might have to hunt modifier kits. But most of the other caps will fit. Make sure you look at pictures very carefully when you buy. There are other models as well but these are easily found.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2014, 21:21:54 by CPTBadAss »

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #6118 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 21:30:59 »
More

- G80-8100
- MY7000
- MY1800

- G81-8100
- G80-1800 / G81-1800

Should also say the modifiers on most of those boards except for the -8100 boards won't fit a standard ANSI. You might have to hunt modifier kits. But most of the other caps will fit. Make sure you look at pictures very carefully when you buy. There are other models as well but these are easily found.

Thanks again. Also, if I want to find the doubleshots I have to find a board that has an "H" after the numbers right? Most of them I have seen have "L" which I read means lasered keys.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6119 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 21:50:51 »
Thanks again. Also, if I want to find the doubleshots I have to find a board that has an "H" after the numbers right? Most of them I have seen have "L" which I read means lasered keys.

Just FYI, I'm referring to this link.

H is double shot ABS. L is lasered caps. If it's white on black (a white keyboard) it's lasered PBT. If it's black on white (a black keyboard) it's lasered POM.

There's other modelslike S and P too.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #6120 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 21:54:42 »
More

- G80-8100
- MY7000
- MY1800

- G81-8100
- G80-1800 / G81-1800

I think you mean the G80-8200 and G80-8113

Both have fulltouch capslocks and are compatible with QFR filco except for the spacebar (which is offcenter)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #6121 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 22:36:24 »
IDK if this is simple question or not, but can someone explain how a keyboard controller works? What the various components, CPU, FLASH, EEPROM, RAM play?

I know that is scans rows or columns for key presses, and then matches the keypress to a scan code and sends it to the host unit. Correct?

However I wanted a more technical and detailed explanation, as in, what role does FLASH/EEPROM play, what does the RAM on the controller do?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #6122 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 22:51:29 »
MOZ, have a look at komar's blog post, here.

:D

Also, have a look through some of Soarer's posts here, as well as the TMK firmware thread.

The guys working on the controllers for the Model F's might have some insight, as well.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2014, 22:54:35 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #6123 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 22:56:40 »
MOZ, have a look at komar's blog post, here.

:D

Also, have a look through some of Soarer's posts here, as well as the TMK firmware thread.

The guys working on the controllers for the Model F's might have some insight, as well.

Read, and that is why I specified how the controller works; komar's blog post is very informative however only deals broadly with a keyboard and is focused on the matrix part of it.

Edit: Yes, I'll go through Soarer and Hasu's post. Maybe hit them up via PM as well.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6124 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 08:19:59 »
More

- G80-8100
- MY7000
- MY1800

- G81-8100
- G80-1800 / G81-1800

I think you mean the G80-8200 and G80-8113

Both have fulltouch capslocks and are compatible with QFR filco except for the spacebar (which is offcenter)

Crap, I was thinking of the board listed in dante's sale here but that has an ISO enter :(. You're right of course.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #6125 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 19:51:54 »
Anyone got a link to a review of every alps switch? ie listing if they're tactile, linear, clicky, etc. Searched OP and there was nothing on this topic

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6126 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 19:55:33 »
Anyone got a link to a review of every alps switch? ie listing if they're tactile, linear, clicky, etc. Searched OP and there was nothing on this topic

Code: [Select]
site:deskthority.net Alps SKCL/SKCM series

Try that

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #6127 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 19:56:49 »

Today I opened a fortune cookie while asking the exact same question.  It read,

Your query will be met with the rolling of eyes and continued disdain of your peers.

Powerful stuff.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #6128 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 23:01:01 »
Does anyone remember what the actual color codes were for the Sanctuary set are?  I dug through the first 7 or 8 pages and haven't found a definitive answer.  I do see a lot of suggestions for GX on the gray and possibly the same red as the Ragnorok set.  But haven't found a confirmation yet.

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #6129 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 23:20:14 »
PCB mounted v Acrylic plate with wiring which better? :)
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6130 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 00:37:23 »
Does anyone remember what the actual color codes were for the Sanctuary set are?  I dug through the first 7 or 8 pages and haven't found a definitive answer.  I do see a lot of suggestions for GX on the gray and possibly the same red as the Ragnorok set.  But haven't found a confirmation yet.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35747.0

That is a IC for blank Sanctuary keys, and suggests GX and RBV.

Offline Moderation Team

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6131 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 00:45:11 »
Inane bickering has been removed.  Please stay on-topic and take personal drama to PMs.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #6132 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 00:53:57 »

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35747.0

That is a IC for blank Sanctuary keys, and suggests GX and RBV.

Awesome thanks Rowdy.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6133 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 07:50:14 »
Inane bickering has been removed.  Please stay on-topic and take personal drama to PMs.

o.O

When did we get a Mod Team Account?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #6134 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 07:51:00 »

o.O

About 8 hours ago: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54079.0

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6135 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 07:55:42 »

o.O

riotonthebay failed the rhetorical question portion of today's exam :P. Just kidding, thanks!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #6136 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 07:57:38 »

o.O

riotonthebay failed the rhetorical question portion of today's exam :P. Just kidding, thanks!

In the Q&A thread, I take questions seriously. Very ****ing seriously.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6137 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 08:55:35 »
There's a listing of boards with Blue Alps in the DT Wiki. I know Omnikey 101s, 101Ps, and 102s can be found. But I'm not sure which boards I should focus on finding.

Which of the boards in the list are more commonly found with Blue Alps? Or is there a board that is a bit more common?

Also has anyone dealt with Northgate Keyboard Repair and have some feedback?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #6138 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 13:48:51 »
This really probably isn't the right thread but does anyone know if lifezone/team redline ever does more than one round on their keyboards? I would love to see an LZ-GH R2 this year especially if they fix their issues with debounce/chattering or whatever.  :-[

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6139 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 14:28:44 »
This really probably isn't the right thread but does anyone know if lifezone/team redline ever does more than one round on their keyboards? I would love to see an LZ-GH R2 this year especially if they fix their issues with debounce/chattering or whatever.  :-[

I don't think they do.  Of course, given the way their latest GBs are going, you might be better off getting something like a KMAC or one of the Duck cases, like the Lightsaver, to come around in the style you'd like.  Or make yourself a TEK-80.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #6140 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 14:34:38 »

I don't think they do.  Of course, given the way their latest GBs are going, you might be better off getting something like a KMAC or one of the Duck cases, like the Lightsaver, to come around in the style you'd like.  Or make yourself a TEK-80.
Yeah, I saw that, pretty crazy. I might just need to break down and buy someones used LZ-GH later. I just don't want a kmac, I love how the LZ-GH/S/F all have the board going in through the bottom so there is no visible seam.

Wonder if any other case designer could make something similar. :/

Offline yasuo

« Reply #6141 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 08:36:03 »
how feel blacks on pbt,what is different on ABS?

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #6142 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 08:37:04 »
how feel blacks on pbt,what is different on ABS?

PBT feels more dry than ABS does, and is usually more textured. I think it feels a bit like unglazed ceramic.

The amount of texture though can very pretty widely. BSP's PBT is known for a very fine texture, for instance, while SP's DSA PBT is very rough.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #6143 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 20:32:04 »
Will a GH60 revB pcb fit a poker 2 stock case?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6144 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 20:57:35 »

I think it's compatible. Komar says in this post that the GH60 will fit the Poker X case. In WFD's review of the Poker 2, the third picture shows that the Poker 2 has an extra stand off/mounting location. But WFD doesn't note any other difference.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #6145 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 21:05:40 »

I think it's compatible. Komar says in this post that the GH60 will fit the Poker X case. In WFD's review of the Poker 2, the third picture shows that the Poker 2 has an extra stand off/mounting location. But WFD doesn't note any other difference.

Was sure about Poker X, but not about the Poker 2. Thanks for the confirmation CPT

Offline yasuo

« Reply #6146 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 00:54:13 »
Can i see stabs on topre? i ever see the stabs,embedded with plate,right?
how to feel compare than costar/cheryy, what is wooble?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6147 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 08:20:53 »
1) Can i see stabs on topre?
2) i ever see the stabs,embedded with plate,right?
3) how to feel compare than costar/cheryy, what is wooble?

1)

Realforce 105U from here

HHKB from longweight

2) Not always, see pictures above

3) Tolerances are supposed to be tighter in general for Topre switches. When I typed on a Realforce 10AE or HHKB, I didn't feel any wobble at all.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #6148 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 16:23:06 »
Haven't been in here in so long...

Does the Silent Realforce have the purple sliders and little plastic rings?

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #6149 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 16:35:33 »
Haven't been in here in so long...

Does the Silent Realforce have the purple sliders and little plastic rings?

It looks like it: http://imgur.com/a/TlIl7