Author Topic: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S  (Read 276891 times)

Offline enfer

Re: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S
« Reply #950 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 03:08:22 »
 :p Finally! I just received Kira!
Here are a few pictures of Board.
You should know that it was photographed by my galaxy note 9.
So it's colors doesn't match real things we look at.
Two keycaps on the board are GMK Burgundy.

More

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #951 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 05:41:36 »

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

you got the exact same option as me lol.... how about the back view? are there any nameplates(?) like the chinese participants had?

Offline aszyd

« Reply #952 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 12:12:13 »
So they are shipping with the screwed up plates. Oh well. At least we are getting a product.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #953 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 12:24:13 »

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is there a back weight also? Like in some of the Chinese GB photos. Were you in the "priority buy"?

« Reply #954 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 12:58:16 »

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is there a back weight also? Like in some of the Chinese GB photos. Were you in the "priority buy"?

Yes, they have back weight, atleast mine arrived with one and i was not in "priority buy".

Offline mathleejj

« Reply #955 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 13:13:36 »
Back Weight : for everyone after talking with EVE.
Priority Buy : Number engravings on weight (From what i remember, there was a survey on this...)

Offline Holicalis

« Reply #956 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 14:26:11 »
Is anyone willing to sell me a brass plate? I joined the gb before I realized the superiority of brass :(

Offline aszyd

« Reply #957 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 15:03:18 »
Only got the brass plate, not the purple Alu plate I had also selected and the color is much more grey than I was expecting for Pos. blue. Seems like they chose to ship the boards instead of fixing the issues.

Edit: Comparing to the color samples on the site, it's pretty close.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 April 2019, 15:14:17 by aszyd »

Offline aszyd

« Reply #958 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 15:18:09 »
A couple more pics.

Offline ullr

« Reply #959 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 16:16:06 »
My plate actually does say Kira lol. I appreciate that it came with a back weight.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #960 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 17:11:20 »
Are you guys based in the USA? Just wondering where these boards are reaching first.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #961 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 17:13:25 »
USA and mine just got delivered. im in Illinois as well so mid country.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #962 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 17:14:15 »
also thought i was only gonna get one, with the size of the box i think they sent bolth but idk just got it and havent opened yet.

opened and it was just one but i got ALL my extra parts so idk well see how this goes, should have a second board showing up.
https://imgur.com/a/jxcN987
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 April 2019, 17:45:40 by Jkush463 »

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #963 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 23:51:27 »
Anyone from the priority buy got their boards? Interested to see if the back weight is any different.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #964 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 08:30:33 »
Meanwhile, I'm over here without even a shipping invoice. Dang.
pls gief bbv2

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #965 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 09:16:16 »

me neither bro.... i specially paid with a debit card and haven't gotten a single email or replies to my email sent to them yet. And i don't understand why people are thankful and saying "at least the board arrived", i mean, we paid for the product and we deserve way better treatment... we shouldn't be thanking for the product to arrive lol, especially with the mis-manufactured plate... now i'm afraid if i will be left out by zfrontier due to their crazy lots of GBs and not able to even receive my refund nor product

Offline SBN

« Reply #966 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 09:36:22 »
Nice to hear people are receiving their boards.
Not so nice that they are sending the faulty plates. I would prefer a correct one, even if it means an even longer wait.

Also not quite sure how I feel about the engraving on the back weight.

But the colors and the board itself look really nice so far!

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #967 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 12:03:20 »
Received mine today   :D

AND I GOT THE BACK WEIGHT!  :-X

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #968 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 12:50:55 »

me neither bro.... i specially paid with a debit card and haven't gotten a single email or replies to my email sent to them yet. And i don't understand why people are thankful and saying "at least the board arrived", i mean, we paid for the product and we deserve way better treatment... we shouldn't be thanking for the product to arrive lol, especially with the mis-manufactured plate... now i'm afraid if i will be left out by zfrontier due to their crazy lots of GBs and not able to even receive my refund nor product

Thats why they always warn people not to throw down money they can't afford to lose. I mean its really really sad but this is how the community functions most the time, and whats worse this seems like its becoming the norm. I know the group buy runners, some of them are trying and just get in over there heads when there is a issue. Still the bottom line is there way to much forgiveness in the community. Though the boards do look amazing it sucks about the plates being messed up, but on the positive its not something you see all the time. 

Offline schlep

« Reply #969 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 18:02:59 »
Are you guys based in the USA? Just wondering where these boards are reaching first.

I wanna know this too. I was in the priority group buy but I haven't received any shipping invoice or the board yet.
Based in South East Asia here.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #970 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 19:46:33 »
US here. Just received my board. Haven’t had a chance to really check it out, but the plate does have the wrong “KIRA” above the arrow keys.

I’ll check out the board more next week.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #971 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 21:52:51 »
one thing id like to say is man for what we paid i expected better in some aspects, like one thing that irritates me are the plate screw hole tolerances are crazy big and make the screw holes show when plate is mounted and the hardware they provided is soooo crappy the heads are off center, i threw all the hardware away and used my own. otherwise im happy, wonder when my priority board will show up.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #972 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 23:36:07 »
one thing id like to say is man for what we paid i expected better in some aspects, like one thing that irritates me are the plate screw hole tolerances are crazy big and make the screw holes show when plate is mounted and the hardware they provided is soooo crappy the heads are off center, i threw all the hardware away and used my own. otherwise im happy, wonder when my priority board will show up.

Wait, so you received a board but it wasn't the priority board? Are priority boards being sent out later or something? I'm based in the US midwest and still haven't received any tracking number but I did pay my invoice.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #973 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 08:44:23 »
I just finished building my board.

Unfortunately I'm not able to flash it with Bootmapper Client.
It gets stuck in "processing..."

Anybody know where I can get the latest firmware files for the Kira?

Edit no2:
I got it to work.
Was a driver problem.
Windows used the wrong driver for the board (I did some experiments with an attiny85 lately and windows somehow tried to use the tinyusb driver for the board once it was in bootloader mode).

Edit:
Pic of finished board
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 April 2019, 09:35:21 by elmo »

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #974 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 10:59:04 »

Wait, so you received a board but it wasn't the priority board? Are priority boards being sent out later or something? I'm based in the US midwest and still haven't received any tracking number but I did pay my invoice.

idk whats going on i bought a priority board and a regular one, this one is the one that wasnt my priority board. im guessing theyll send it out later, or it was one of the ones with issues.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #975 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 13:03:53 »
I just finished building my board.

Unfortunately I'm not able to flash it with Bootmapper Client.
It gets stuck in "processing..."

Anybody know where I can get the latest firmware files for the Kira?

Edit no2:
I got it to work.
Was a driver problem.
Windows used the wrong driver for the board (I did some experiments with an attiny85 lately and windows somehow tried to use the tinyusb driver for the board once it was in bootloader mode).

Edit:
Pic of finished board
Show Image

Looks beautiful. Glad to see it all worked out for you! Any side shots?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #976 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 17:16:11 »
I'm very glad the boards have started to go out, I will try to get more info from zF about the others with anodizing issues and everything else that haven't shipped out. Thank you for your patience!

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #977 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 17:32:18 »
I'm very glad the boards have started to go out, I will try to get more info from zF about the others with anodizing issues and everything else that haven't shipped out. Thank you for your patience!

if they message you back can you ask them to ship me my red riot and yolch sets please
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline chironex

« Reply #978 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 12:16:44 »
Received mine on Thursday, unfortunately it had a chunk shaved off the bottom edge and I'm still waiting to hear back from zF.  There's also a bit of gap between the case and the rear insert.  Not really an issue, but is anyone else's case like this?

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #979 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 13:22:55 »
Received mine on Thursday, unfortunately it had a chunk shaved off the bottom edge and I'm still waiting to hear back from zF.  There's also a bit of gap between the case and the rear insert.  Not really an issue, but is anyone else's case like this?

Show Image

Holy ****. Sorry to see that. Hope your issue gets resolved asap.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #980 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 15:24:44 »

Show Image

OOF
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #981 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 18:12:55 »

Show Image

This is horrible, could it have happened in transit? How was the box it shipped in and how well was it packed? I'd like to help, but I haven't heard back from Alex yet.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #982 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 02:03:15 »
Has anyone tried to build this with the h87a?

« Reply #983 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 02:11:30 »
Yes, built mine with one.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #984 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 02:19:09 »

This is great info, the fit is perfect?

« Reply #985 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 02:32:50 »

This is great info, the fit is perfect?
Yep, no problems with fit.

Offline chironex

« Reply #986 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 09:50:41 »

Show Image

This is horrible, could it have happened in transit? How was the box it shipped in and how well was it packed? I'd like to help, but I haven't heard back from Alex yet.

There was no damage to the soft shell case, or the bubble wrap inside/outside of it.  Must have just been overlooked  :(

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #987 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 13:34:43 »

Show Image

There was no damage to the soft shell case, or the bubble wrap inside/outside of it.  Must have just been overlooked  :(

That's crazy. Rip QC. I assume you've reached out about getting it replaced?

Offline chironex

« Reply #988 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 12:57:24 »

Show Image

That's crazy. Rip QC. I assume you've reached out about getting it replaced?

Yeah, still waiting on a reply.

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #989 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 09:50:23 »
Still no shipping invoice for my WKL Poseidon Blue :/

Offline sroop

« Reply #990 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 09:51:11 »
Still no shipping invoice for my WKL Poseidon Blue :/

Same. :/

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #991 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 11:50:17 »
some fresh photatos of my kira case hope everyone gets theirs soon!

Offline takai

« Reply #992 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 18:18:30 »
I got shipping invoice and paid. But not shipped yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #993 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 18:23:00 »

Show Image

Show Image

good color

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #994 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 18:32:35 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice, was yours a priority unit?

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #995 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 23:02:02 »
not yet received shipping invoice nor replies for refund for my red WKL+extra brass plate..... lol so sad to see that kira with chunked off corner... i don't even know if zfrontier gonna change you with a new one since they are just too busy to even reply to our email

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #996 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 00:46:46 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice, was yours a priority unit?
nope

Offline ullr

« Reply #997 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 17:38:54 »
My gripe is that the screws for fixing the plate on mine are unbelievably tight in the holes

You basically have to strip them to get them in enough to hold the plate to the top

« Reply #998 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 20:13:57 »
My gripe is that the screws for fixing the plate on mine are unbelievably tight in the holes

You basically have to strip them to get them in enough to hold the plate to the top
Had same problem, ended up using some washers.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #999 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 21:00:00 »

i started realizing the manufacturers lack in the threading department i chase all the threads in every case i buy with a tap and clean them up then dab some oil inhtem to make life easier and ensure i dont get stripped holes.