Author Topic: TMK USB to USB keyboard converter  (Read 520275 times)

Offline UncleGary

Re: USB to USB keyboard converter
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 00:31:54 »
I have a JS realforce that I love but don't really use because it's not programmable. If I use one of these USB to USB converters, I can just pass it through and use a TMK keymap?

Hi,
What is JS realforce? can you post a link or something?
If it is a classic normal Realforce I thinik it works with the converter.

My bad, it's one of the Justsystems ones with the Japanese layout.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 00:40:36 »
I have a JS realforce that I love but don't really use because it's not programmable. If I use one of these USB to USB converters, I can just pass it through and use a TMK keymap?

Hi,
What is JS realforce? can you post a link or something?
If it is a classic normal Realforce I thinik it works with the converter.

My bad, it's one of the Justsystems ones with the Japanese layout.

Ah, OK. I think it works with this because the keyboard has neither NKRO nor fancy functions.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 01:55:23 »
hmm,  it smells like its NKRO or USB interface for configuration causes :(
Can you post USB descriptors of the keyboard?
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki/HID-Report-Descriptor
This is all I could find:
Code: [Select]
BackLightKB:

Product ID: 0x013a
  Vendor ID: 0x0853
  Version: 0.01
  Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer: Topre
  Location ID: 0x14513330 / 15
  Current Available (mA): 500
  Current Required (mA): 500
  Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

I don't use Linux or Windows, so lsusb isn't available. this is from System Report.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 02:26:22 »
Thanks.
I got Realforce RGB the other day but forgot to say it here. I found it has weirdness on Linux, it takes 20secs until it start registering keys. After that it works fine though. it seems like the keyboard does something exotic anyway :D I have not had time enough to look into it closely so far.

Offline xauser

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 04:34:00 »
Thanks.
I got Realforce RGB the other day but forgot to say it here. I found it has weirdness on Linux, it takes 20secs until it start registering keys. After that it works fine though. it seems like the keyboard does something exotic anyway :D I have not had time enough to look into it closely so far.

I see this behaviour on a lot of my tmk enabled keyboards on linux. On grub everything is fine but when boot process reaches X11 login screen keyboard does not work at first but starts working after 20 seconds (same with mouse). No problem on windows though. I haven't debugged that any further.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #255 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 04:43:13 »
Thanks.

I see this behaviour on a lot of my tmk enabled keyboards on linux. On grub everything is fine but when boot process reaches X11 login screen keyboard does not work at first but starts working after 20 seconds (same with mouse). No problem on windows though. I haven't debugged that any further.

Oh, interesting.
I have never had that 20secs delay with TMK. I had the delay only with RF RGB(without USB-USB converter).

Can you still reproduce the problem with the latest TMK? What's your distribution and version actually? I'm on Ubuntu 16.04 with Xfce(I think).

Offline xauser

« Reply #256 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 06:09:36 »
Oh, interesting.
I have never had that 20secs delay with TMK. I had the delay only with RF RGB(without USB-USB converter).

Can you still reproduce the problem with the latest TMK? What's your distribution and version actually? I'm on Ubuntu 16.04 with Xfce(I think).

I'm on Debian 9 (stretch) using xorg 7.7, systemd 232, kernel 4.9.0-3-amd64

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #257 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 01:01:17 »
tofgerl, new firmware may work with your Realforce RGB,  give it a try!

No, didn't work...

Sorry for late response.
I confirmed Realforce RGB works with the converter using the current firmware available from KeymapEditor. I have to (re)plug the keyboard after pluging the converter on some of USB ports. Seems that there are still room to improve on enumeration.

tofgerl, can you try it again?

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #258 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 04:54:12 »
ponse.
I confirmed Realforce RGB works with the converter using the current firmware available from KeymapEditor. I have to (re)plug the keyboard after pluging the converter on some of USB ports. Seems that there are still room to improve on enumeration.

No rush, It literally takes me seven seconds to fix this issue every time it pops up, which is pretty much once a day.

I don't really like KME, but I'm having problems porting my keymap to TMK, since I keep the "master" in QMK format. Right now I get this error:

/Users/tom/dev/keyboards/tmk_keyboard/converter/usb_usb/usb_usb.c:76: multiple definition of `action_get_macro'
obj_usb_usb/keymap.o:/Users/tom/dev/keyboards/tmk_keyboard/converter/usb_usb/keymap.c:73: first defined here

I assume I have the macro block wrong. It looks like this:
const macro_t *action_get_macro(keyrecord_t *record, uint8_t id, uint8_t opt)
{
  switch (id)
  {
  case PASSWORD:
 }
  return MACRO_NONE;
}

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #259 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 05:31:42 »
ponse.

No rush, It literally takes me seven seconds to fix this issue every time it pops up, which is pretty much once a day.

Sorry, I don't get what you mean.
Are you using QMK? what's actually your issue here?
you means it takes seven secs to replug and the repluging the keyboard is exactly your problem?

I don't really like KME, but I'm having problems porting my keymap to TMK, since I keep the "master" in QMK format. Right now I get this error:

/Users/tom/dev/keyboards/tmk_keyboard/converter/usb_usb/usb_usb.c:76: multiple definition of `action_get_macro'
obj_usb_usb/keymap.o:/Users/tom/dev/keyboards/tmk_keyboard/converter/usb_usb/keymap.c:73: first defined here

I assume I have the macro block wrong. It looks like this:
const macro_t *action_get_macro(keyrecord_t *record, uint8_t id, uint8_t opt)
{
  switch (id)
  {
  case PASSWORD:
 }
  return MACRO_NONE;
}

Unfortunately I don't know QMK much and won't support QMK here.

You can get TMK binary with default keymap here to test, btw.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/tree/master/converter/usb_usb/binary

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #260 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 07:49:14 »
I'm using QMK on my main board, so I need to port the keymap back to TMK in order to recompile it.
Yeah, I need to replug the keyboard every time I reboot or wake the computer. It used to be a big deal because I had to climb underneath the desk, but after two days or so I put the converter on a usb-hub instead. Now it takes me 7 seconds.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #261 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 23:07:42 »
Thanks for clarifying. And sorry, I missed or forgot what problem is in Realforce RGB completely.
Yes, the problem you described is still there, I'll look into this farther more.

So my USB_USB converter won't work with my Realforce RGB if I plug the keyboard into the converter before I plug the converter into the laptop.

EDIT: for future reference,
at current time workaroudn is plugin converter first, then the keyboard in order.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 June 2017, 23:12:43 by hasu »

Offline hoffs1

« Reply #262 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 02:52:51 »
Would this work with Leopold FC750R?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #263 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 17:35:51 »
Updated source and firmware binary of  keymap editor.

Fixed this issue. This affects only Japanese keyboards like HHKB JP.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/issues/482
KANA(ひらがな, 0x88) is not recognized with unimap on usb-usb converter.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #264 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 17:40:02 »
Would this work with Leopold FC750R?

This page says it is 6KRO it probably works with this converter.
https://www.amazon.com/Leopold-FC750R-Mechanical-Keyboard-Cherry/dp/B01IBK0LZ4

But it also supports PS/2 why don't you take PS/2 converter!

Offline clorex

« Reply #265 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 16:01:22 »
Will this work with the BT HHKB JP/Pro 2 (PD-KB 620/600) if I connect a Bluetooth receiver to the converter?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #266 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 17:15:56 »
Will this work with the BT HHKB JP/Pro 2 (PD-KB 620/600) if I connect a Bluetooth receiver to the converter?

No, my firmware doesn't support bluetooth dongle at this time. But the converter hardware itself with USB_Host_Shield_2.0 library can host bluetooth HID devices and it is theoretically possible if you write firmware.
https://github.com/felis/USB_Host_Shield_2.0#bluetooth-libraries

Offline Eugene94

« Reply #267 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 23:43:34 »
Hasu, have you considered creating a plastic casing for this converter? Perhaps something similar to this?

A black translucent plastic case with very high opacity would be very nice, because the amber light on the device is pretty bright. I would be interested in purchasing one if that was possible :thumb:

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #268 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 05:00:15 »
Would be fairly easy to 3d print, though I don't know if you can 3d-print translucent plastic.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 20:36:30 »
I have wanted to learn 3d cad and printer for very long time, but my laziness ...

some years ago author sent me this keyboard converter with 3d printed case, which works really well and impressive.
https://keyturbine.com/
https://github.com/zhouer/KeyTurbine/blob/master/KeyTurbine-20140321.STL

Offline hanya

« Reply #270 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 08:38:01 »
I tried to design case the converter as practice. If someone interested in it, see:
https://github.com/hanya/USB2USB_Converter/tree/case/case
Not sure the data to match the converter PCB. But I have no plan to test the data myself now.
Polyamide SLS 3D printing is the best choice to the case which I designed. It is low price and tapping screw should work well to it.
PFU HHKB JP, Sanwa MA-TB38 trackball

Offline Eugene94

« Reply #271 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 14:08:23 »
I tried to design case the converter as practice. If someone interested in it, see:
Not sure the data to match the converter PCB. But I have no plan to test the data myself now.
Polyamide SLS 3D printing is the best choice to the case which I designed. It is low price and tapping screw should work well to it.

That's a nice one!

Offline Eugene94

« Reply #272 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 13:22:25 »
Anyone know where cheap injection molding could be found?

Offline Eugene94

« Reply #273 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 23:31:08 »

I tried the design with 3D Hubs and I received my resin case today.

177198-0177200-1
177202-2177204-3
177206-4177208-5

I had to tape the two halves together because the spokes would not enter into the holes on the top part (perhaps a clipping mechanism would be better?)

177210-6177212-7

The amber glow is really nice. I couldn't capture it as well on camera.

177214-8

Offline domsch1988

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 04:31:20 »
i just want to make sure i've got this right.
I have a cherry mx board. Would this adapter allow me to use a completely custom layout without changing anything in Windows? I'm asking because Windows refuses to use a custom layout for shortcuts. I'd like to remap everything including combos while leaving qwerty as a os Layout. This would also solve my rdp problems...

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #275 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 06:07:25 »
This converter never be off-the-shelf soluton and not for consumers. It requires your time and money to know whether it works for you or not. There are some uncertanties; the converter may work with your keyboard or not, firmware may meet your requirments or not. Though, if you are a good programmer you will be able to solve your problems perhaps.

More detailed infos may helps:
What is actually your keyboard, 6KRO/NKRO?
What are actually the shourcuts and rdp problems?

Also check this doc about keymap, you can know what you can do basically.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/tmk_core/doc/keymap.md

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #276 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 09:14:07 »
So I just spent the last few days of free time making sure I can get QMK to work on this converter.

Things I used;
Hasu's USB-to-USB converter: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=72052.0

Default TMK firmware file: https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/tree/master/converter/usb_usb/binary

QMK USB-to-USB  converter firmware: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/converter/usb_usb
You'll need to setup your build environment (I used Bash on Windows as in here - https://docs.qmk.fm/getting_started_build_tools.html#toolchain-setup )
To compile CONFIRM that you are using a rules.mk, file in the same folder as your keymap, that has the CPU clock set to 16MHz.

Every time you want to flash a new firmware, flash to the default TMK firmware first, then to QMK. There are some things that aren't working like the indicator light for the mode of the converter and if you flash two QMK firmwares in a row, the converter gets stuck in bootloader mode for some reason.

Otherwise, it's great.

Not trying to overstep on your toes, Hasu, I just included this information here in case someone wants to have a guide at some point of how to get QMK working on this.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #277 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 15:05:14 »
Still think this is one of the best buys I have gotten from Geekhack over the 5+ years I have been on here. It is starting to bend a bit, it needs a case.

Offline Eraicos

« Reply #278 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 04:20:21 »
Hi, I would like to buy a mechanical keyboard and your USB to USB converter to use a custom layout at work. I've never used a mechanical keyboard so I'm not sure what to buy, but I'm sure I need it to be compatible with your converter.  I've though about buying a custom keyboard from WASDkeyboards, but I'm not sure. I've read you post but fear that, after I buy the keyboard and the converter, they can be incompatible. Do the converter work with all keyboards, apart from the ones specified at the "Incompatibiliy" section?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #279 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 15:59:27 »
Hi, I would like to buy a mechanical keyboard and your USB to USB converter to use a custom layout at work. I've never used a mechanical keyboard so I'm not sure what to buy, but I'm sure I need it to be compatible with your converter.  I've though about buying a custom keyboard from WASDkeyboards, but I'm not sure. I've read you post but fear that, after I buy the keyboard and the converter, they can be incompatible. Do the converter work with all keyboards, apart from the ones specified at the "Incompatibiliy" section?

I can't say that the converter works with WASDkeyboard with 100% certainty unfortunately. as long as i know noone try the keyboard so far.

"Incompatibility" and "Reported Keyboards" list both are incomplete and just based on user reports.

Offline Eraicos

« Reply #280 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 02:39:01 »

I can't say that the converter works with WASDkeyboard with 100% certainty unfortunately. as long as i know noone try the keyboard so far.

"Incompatibility" and "Reported Keyboards" list both are incomplete and just based on user reports.

So, I understand that "Reported Keyboards" are the ones that are known to work. Could you tell me things that could produce incompatibilities besides "Limitations" section? For instance, back-lighting, macro keys...

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #281 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 02:52:50 »

So, I understand that "Reported Keyboards" are the ones that are known to work. Could you tell me things that could produce incompatibilities besides "Limitations" section? For instance, back-lighting, macro keys...
Most related things is NKRO.
If keyboard is normal 6KRO you can expect it works with the converter basically.

Sent from my WAS-LX2J using Tapatalk

Offline Eraicos

« Reply #282 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 07:00:58 »

If keyboard is normal 6KRO you can expect it works with the converter basically.

I've read that over USB it's only possible to use 6KRO, but, with a adapter to PS/2, it's possible to have NKRO. WASD keyboards work that way, so they send you a USB to PS/2 adapter to enable NKRO if you need it. Then, your converter should work normally if I only use the USB, shouldn't it?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #283 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 05:24:51 »

I've read that over USB it's only possible to use 6KRO, but, with a adapter to PS/2, it's possible to have NKRO. WASD keyboards work that way, so they send you a USB to PS/2 adapter to enable NKRO if you need it. Then, your converter should work normally if I only use the USB, shouldn't it?

Yes, it will work probably.
If the keyboard supports PS/2 you can use PS/2-USB converter instead :D

Offline haydoselefantes

« Reply #284 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 13:02:49 »
Picked up one of these last week.  Works great - mapped the power key, volume, screen brightness, swapped the Alt and Windows keys - basically got my Realforce 87u to behave just like an Apple keyboard with my MacBook Pro.  Great easy purchasing experience too: arrrived in California in about a week. 

Thanks hasu!

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #285 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 12:05:20 »
I've been exceeding the memory on the converter, I've been using the same keymap for 2 years, decided to build using the latest project files, but it's not working for me size-wise (small note, would be nice to upgrade things to 128kb levels, I'd definitely buy another converter, 30kb is so limiting)

Any ideas on how to reduce the size without reducing the macro's and stuff?

For example, I stumbled onto a related discussion on QMK, the solution in that case was to disable a feature, I wonder if there are such features on TMK that I can disable
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #286 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 19:18:25 »
I've been exceeding the memory on the converter, I've been using the same keymap for 2 years, decided to build using the latest project files, but it's not working for me size-wise (small note, would be nice to upgrade things to 128kb levels, I'd definitely buy another converter, 30kb is so limiting)

Any ideas on how to reduce the size without reducing the macro's and stuff?

For example, I stumbled onto a related discussion on QMK, the solution in that case was to disable a feature, I wonder if there are such features on TMK that I can disable

You can disable functions to comment out these lines in Makefile.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/converter/usb_usb/Makefile#L93-L97

Where is the "related discussion on QMK" ? I'm intrested in how different in QMK.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #287 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 06:04:25 »
It was this issue: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/issues/922

And sorry I missed those flags in Makefile, I looked at the Makefile for the flags, but somehow missed them, thought they were deprecated

#MOUSEKEY_ENABLE ?= yes   # Mouse keys
EXTRAKEY_ENABLE ?= yes   # Media control and System control
#CONSOLE_ENABLE ?= yes   # Console for debug
#COMMAND_ENABLE ?= yes    # Commands for debug and configuration
#NKRO_ENABLE ?= yes   # USB Nkey Rollover

It reduced the .hex from 81kb to 63kb - haven't tried flashing it yet, but very promising so far

Mouse keys are pretty cool, but apart from being cool, never used anyway

By the way, as a bit of side info for anyone, I tried using https://github.com/luizribeiro/tmk_keyboard/tree/ps2avrGB/keyboard/ps2avrGB directly on my FaceW PCB, however, "wait_ms() / _delay_ms" doesn't work with VUSB well, they are erratic and awkward - I have a lot of custom code on my TMK (thanks to you hasu: https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/issues/233)

And long story short, I just couldn't reproduce what I have with the usb-usb converter using the direct port, tho it was pretty cool using TMK directly on the PCB, without assistance, it works awesomely if you don't use delays (the answer isn't crucial, but I do wonder why delays work on one setup and not in the another, I'm guessing, since these MCU's have built-in USB routines, maybe they handle delays on that level, and not sever the USB communication during delays?)
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #288 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 17:34:32 »
This is not related to USB to USB converter, I'd mention this just to prevent other users from beeing confused.

[OFF TOPIC]
By the way, as a bit of side info for anyone, I tried using https://github.com/luizribeiro/tmk_keyboard/tree/ps2avrGB/keyboard/ps2avrGB directly on my FaceW PCB, however, "wait_ms() / _delay_ms" doesn't work with VUSB well, they are erratic and awkward - I have a lot of custom code on my TMK (thanks to you hasu: https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/issues/233)

And long story short, I just couldn't reproduce what I have with the usb-usb converter using the direct port, tho it was pretty cool using TMK directly on the PCB, without assistance, it works awesomely if you don't use delays (the answer isn't crucial, but I do wonder why delays work on one setup and not in the another, I'm guessing, since these MCU's have built-in USB routines, maybe they handle delays on that level, and not sever the USB communication during delays?)

I think your guess are right, V-USB implements USB communication completely by firmware while popular ATMega32u4 has hardware USB engine. You can break V-USB black magic easily with interefrence of its activity.

WIth V-USB you have to call usbPoll() repeatedly in short interval to do housekeeping task, your delay code could broke this rule probably.
https://github.com/obdev/v-usb/blob/master/usbdrv/usbdrv.h#L199-L205

I guess you can call the function intermittently during the delay to avoid that situation.

[/OFF TOPIC]

Offline senso

« Reply #289 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 10:03:59 »
Why is the firmware so big?

I made a Lora to Ethernet concentrator on an atmega, with logging to flash memory, reading a couple more i2c sensors, a configuration console and it was right around the 30KB build size, that is with float printf in there, that alone eats 4KB, but this is "just" a keyboard, read row/column matrix, pass it through matrix to decode keypressed, I dont think that LUFA/PJRC USB code is THAT big.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #290 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 18:00:03 »
Why is the firmware so big?

I made a Lora to Ethernet concentrator on an atmega, with logging to flash memory, reading a couple more i2c sensors, a configuration console and it was right around the 30KB build size, that is with float printf in there, that alone eats 4KB, but this is "just" a keyboard, read row/column matrix, pass it through matrix to decode keypressed, I dont think that LUFA/PJRC USB code is THAT big.

I have no clear idea about how each module consumes flash space. Though, main diffrence from normal keyboard firmware is that the converter have to handle USB keyboard intput instead of matrix scan. It uses "USB Host Library for Arduino" to support USB keyboard input, which is not trivial job comparing to normal switch matrix scan, it can be primary culprit. But not that other parts of my firmware are implemented concise and clean, there must be room to improve everywhere.
https://github.com/felis/USB_Host_Shield_2.0

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #291 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 18:14:43 »
Would this work well for converting a USB board from PC-compatible to Macintosh compatible? I took a USB board into work but it doesn't work at all on my MBP. Types complete gibberish even when I try to change keyboard layouts.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #292 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 18:43:39 »
Would this work well for converting a USB board from PC-compatible to Macintosh compatible? I took a USB board into work but it doesn't work at all on my MBP. Types complete gibberish even when I try to change keyboard layouts.

Hmm, I think this convert won't fix such keyboard with broken controller.  What is the keyboard actually?

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #293 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 19:05:51 »

Hmm, I think this convert won't fix such keyboard with broken controller.  What is the keyboard actually?

GAMDIAS Hermes GKB2010

P.S. I don't know why, but your avatar causes my browser to keep refreshing over and over again.   :-X
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #294 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 19:27:47 »

GAMDIAS Hermes GKB2010

P.S. I don't know why, but your avatar causes my browser to keep refreshing over and over again.   :-X

ha, nice keyboard, I'm not sure you are really want to use it or just curious :D

It seems Mac doesn't like Its NKRO, I guess the keyboard uses tricky report descriptor Mac can't handle.
Try the keyboard on BIOS/UEFI setup  screen, this shows whether it works well in 6KRO mode. If it works,  the converter should handle it in 6KRO mode and works with Mac.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #295 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 01:07:01 »
Haha both a serious and non-serious question. I am curious if it would work, but not sure I want to spend the time or money on it when I've already got a working keyboard at work.  :))

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 13:01:24 »
I can't get any debug printing to work from matrix_init(). I've tried using print() and dprint() to no effect. When I plug in the board this is what I get from hid_listen:

Listening:
host.Task: 4070
usb_state: 90
speed: full
LED: 01

So debug output seems to be enabled, it's just not working from within matrix_init().

What I'm really trying to do is figure out if/why my hook_early_init() and hook_late_init() are not working as expected.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #297 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 17:13:11 »
It won't print until console output is initialized and get ready.

ah, those hook functions are not suppored in USB-USB converter yet because the converter uses different startup code than other ones. You will have to add call of the hooks in main.cpp for USB-USB converter.

Check this code for how to add hooks, for example.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/tmk_core/protocol/lufa/lufa.c#L641

EDIT: Added new issue for this on github.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 April 2018, 20:28:56 by hasu »

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #298 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 07:39:28 »
Has anyone used this with an OTD board? I'm asking because Mac OS refuses to recognise my 356mini but my Koala works. Would love to get the mini working, if not it's quite useless for me :(
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 08:26:37 »
It won't print until console output is initialized and get ready.

ah, those hook functions are not suppored in USB-USB converter yet because the converter uses different startup code than other ones. You will have to add call of the hooks in main.cpp for USB-USB converter.

Check this code for how to add hooks, for example.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/tmk_core/protocol/lufa/lufa.c#L641

EDIT: Added new issue for this on github.

Thanks, hasu. At least I know I'm not crazy.

I'm going to take a crack at that issue on GitHub and see if I can get it working based on the other working configurations. I probably don't know enough about the protocols to implement all the hooks, but I believe I can get hook_early_init() and hook_late_init() working, at least.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps