Author Topic: Another 6 year celebration giveaway  (Read 145941 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Another 6 year celebration giveaway
« on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 10:18:56 »
this is probably gonna go very very very wrong

but i would like to do a giveaway, but instead of offering something of mine, i would like to offer to buy something that one of you wants, whilst at the same time helping out someone else

so here is the deal

please post below something you want and why, i would like you to keep your wants to something specific from the classifieds section, or a vendor that is based on geekhack (techkeys, keypop etc)

i wont post a limit on the value of the item you can ask for, but your chances will be better if you post something realistic

i figure this way someone will get something they actually want, and someone will get some money for something they dont want

the rules

1 entry per person
if you post something form the classifieds and it sells, you can have another entry
i will pick the winner, no random generators, i will pick solely based on the quality of the post, so my favorite wins
100 post minimum
the contest is open to people worldwide, but please check that the person selling the item will ship to you, i will of course be paying all shipping costs
this giveaway will end friday the 30th of august at 10pm gmt

thanks everyone

bunnybro
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
Re: Another 6 year celebration giveaway
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 10:21:07 »
Nice giveaway Bunny!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 10:52:47 »
Well, if it's still available, I'd like Tsangan's LZ-MXSE. He's a cool guy (all mods/admins here are), and I would definitely like this board. It's fairly unique (how many common red-cased boards do you find?), it's got a novel layout (to me), and it's Korean (and we all know Korean boards are automatically awesome). If I had the cash, I would've bought the board quickly, but I don't and probably won't.

Also, I'm getting into RTS games, and this seems like the perfect layout for quick shortcuts.

I do have a second choice, but that's going to wait until I know I can't have the Red LZ-MXSE
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 10:57:55 »
Of all the things I could ask bunny santa for I would ask for a Teensy
I've always enjoyed playing around on computers and over the years noticed how crappy keyboards had gotten and didn't know there was really any other option. Once I found mechanical keyboards I was hooked. Now wild horses couldn't make me use membrane ughhhh
I want to make my own programmable keyboard and a Teensy is one of the few components I can't cannibalize from all these old boards.
I am scared of ordering one and getting a fake!

If I am chosen as the winner, or one of like 5 winners knowing you, I will dedicate a bunny image on my keyboard when I paint in in honor of your contribution :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 August 2013, 12:18:08 by MTManiac »

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 10:59:04 »
OK, let's try this.

I first joined GH after getting some serious pain in my hands. Lurking the ergonomics forum I discovered the TypeMatrix, which I bought and was quite happy with it.

However, lurking this place and the whole mechanical board universe, I felt 'sad' that my typematrix didn't allow me to have the amazing custom potential. So I decided to buy a Filco.

Changing key caps, however, was (is) not enough. I started reading the amazing threads on the GH60, the ergodox and others. Those are very inspiring threads. Seeing people trying hard to design and build new things and, after it, making it possible for idiots like me to have one is amazing. Not only that, due to personal reasons, making *me* wanting to do something that is not necessary is quite amazing :P

I decided to try modding my Filco out of its brown switches, as I think now they are too light. So I got Beast's switch opening tool (which arrived yesterday, it got here so fast!) and some soldering gear. I also got an ergodox kit for my birthday (as it is not possible to get a GH60 now) and I am really excited to build it.

Now I want to get the materials to start my modding purposes. I would like an originative 3S bundle as it makes it possible for me to swap the springs in blues for heavier ones and then adding them to my filco with the stickers :)

This, however is quite expensive, so I would be happy with just the springs :) (or one of those lovely key chains).
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:33:51 by lcs »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:05:52 »
Of all the things I could ask bunny santa for I would ask for a Teensy
I want to make my own programmable keyboard and a Teensy is one of the few components I can't cannibalize from all these old boards.
I am just scared of ordering one and getting a fake!

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/counterfeit.html

Order one from PJRC, and you won't get a counterfeit.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:09:14 »
Hi Bunnylake :)

Ever since I joined GH and first tried cherry doubleshots I knew they were the best for me. I found originative's site and always wanted to order, but as a newbie located in northern europe it has always seemed impossible.

So what I'm asking for is a GMK white/grey doubleshot set with blue legends because they look awesome. I hope this was a reasonable request for this giveaway and thanks for hosting another awesome one :D
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:11:27 »
There's probably others out there more deserving than myself but on the off chance I'm chosen I'd love one of the iron man helmets from the cinnn group buy!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:12:05 »
I want HawkStone Hall, it has just gone up for sale not too far from me and its a measly £5million if you don't mind?

unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline phx

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:16:18 »
I still want that t-shirt that got lost in the mail  :rolleyes: ;D
or a mx clack of any type, or a Valentines set but they are impossible to find T_T
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:24:32 by phx »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:16:28 »
I want HawkStone Hall, it has just gone up for sale not too far from me and its a measly £5million if you don't mind?

Show Image

please post below something you want and why, i would like you to keep your wants to something specific from the classifieds section, or a vendor that is based on geekhack (techkeys, keypop etc)

I want the new techkeys PCB business card!! :p
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:19:50 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:16:58 »
Oh darn :(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline phx

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:19:08 »

Show Image

I want a techkeys business card!! :p

o snap, I placed an order with them recently, do I get one?

edit: you and your sneaky edit... yeah i saw the pcb business card too, it looks friken awesome
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:22:22 by phx »

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:22:12 »
i want a julysicle

because i ****ing love julysicles

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:23:11 »
if there is a specific item guys, puit the link to the classified thread, if i dont have a link to the item for sale, i cant buy it for you

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:23:55 »
if there is a specific item guys, puit the link to the classified thread, if i dont have a link to the item for sale, i cant buy it for you

what if its coming 'soon' from a vendor? ;)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:27:19 »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:29:28 »
oh apparently i didnt make it clear

there will be 1 main winner

however if i see a few nice small things pop up here and there i may include some extra slots

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:31:30 »
60% buckling spring plz....  everyone ask for one and bunny won't have a choice but to make it happen  :cool:
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:31:55 »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:32:10 »
This is most excellent, Bunny!  Extremely generous, as always!  Thanks for adding more excitement to this forum :)

So with that said... I would like Mr. Bunny to don his Mr. Bunny Super 007 Spy Suit and sneak into Sifo's house to snatch his sky blue LZ, and forward it to me :D

Now if that cannot be done... I will be sad, and my only consolation will be a set of Mr. Bunny's "GET HYPER" caps from his alter-ego, Super Raver-Bunz :D

I hope those are entirely reasonable!
 ;D
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder

Offline phx

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:34:29 »
always been a sucker for metal things (hence the reason why I just bought the iron man caps...)

just found this in an old FS thread http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40475.0
would LOVE to have that alum case

or the space bar from this: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44032.0

basically, anything metal, I'll take it XD
rock on  \m/(>.<)\m/
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:37:43 by phx »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:34:47 »
60% buckling spring plz....  everyone ask for one and bunny won't have a choice but to make it happen  :cool:

After seeing The_Beast's, I realized what I want to do with mine M13: 60% with trackpoint! Coming soon.

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:36:21 »
I would love to have Glissant's Ergo Dox: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33128.0.

I have always look at  the Ero Dox for an ergonomic keyboard  and as a gaming pad (think orb-weaver) I have little experience in soldering so have never wanted to even consider it for that reason but his post does say it includes labor, that way I wouldn't mess anything up. Also I could then give my wife my WASD V1 with Blues since she is starting Pharmacy school now and will be doing a lot of papers and it kills me to see her use a laptop keyboard everyday.

So I would like to get a gift to give a gift to my wife (who's birthday is Sept 7th) :)

Thanks for the consideration.
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:41:23 »
and here I thought I'd have to give up lunch for a week to get a gold iron man!  :eek:

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:43:16 »
bunny, please make this project happen fast and buy me a kit to build my first custom mx board: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47133.0

:D

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:46:58 »
How about a tkl carrying case: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46167.msg972877#msg972877

He never listed a price though.  Maybe if you buy him a couple playboy mags?  He seems to have a thing for bunnies.

Oh I forgot to list why.  I usually spend a lot of time on campus waiting for traffic to die down instead of taking up to two hours for a drive that is normally ~25mins.  So I bring my kb and mouse with me to either play games or browse GH and stuff.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:59:46 by Xenderwind »
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:54:50 »
I don't really know if i f should enter or not because of all the things that you did for me that and i feel kinda ashamed to even dare ask anything more from you like a f*cking leech but i will i will just give it a try (you can always not pick me if you decide that i am too leechy anyway :D)

So what i want is a TKL board. Literally any TKL board i don't care about switches, backlight or w/e even if it is the cheapest one on the market it will still be super fine for me.

Why I want it from this giveaway? Well just because i don't think that i will manage to buy one myself in the near future and i'd really love to get a hold on something like this that i will cherish and will 1000000% mod as much as i can to make it something i would like to keep forever ahah.

Oh well good luck to all you guys and big shout out to the awesome Bunny. We love you man pls keep being yourself :P
What the hell am I even doing

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 12:07:13 »
British candy with GH written on it....

Did I do it right?

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 12:07:17 »
**** it
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 August 2013, 14:53:27 by kenmai9 »

Offline jameslr

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 12:34:40 »
Working with electronics at the physical level has always been an interest of mine, but I've never really had the means to do so. I've been wanting to do some more customization and modding with keyboards, but I don't have the tools. I've been looking at soldering stations, and all of the recommendations have been to get a Hakko 888D. It looks like a nice, solid unit with good reviews. I would like to put it to good use for my own learning purposes and maybe eventually community purposes (board assembly or repair) if I get good enough. The person that has the Hakko on the forums is: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44635.0  L4yercake is the seller.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 12:40:33 »
All I really want from Bunny is for him to draw some cute cat whiskers on a Hapster keycap and throw it in the mail to me. :)

Meeow!
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 13:53:51 »
I'd love to have a set of the SP DSA keys...base white with red mods. Would get them just in time for football season (Wreck 'em!).
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 14:50:39 »
Edit: I found a seller, so see my post on the next page for my submission.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47462.msg1014302#msg1014302

More
What I want is not available for sale.  I've been looking for a Raindrop set for months now.  I missed this GB by a few weeks, and I absolutely love the color scheme.  I know this submission doesn't really count since it's not for sale anywhere and I don't have a link, but it's the best I've got. 

At any rate, best of luck to those of you with legitimate entries.  Thanks for being awesome yet again bunny.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 August 2013, 14:26:04 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 16:36:01 »
Love the idea of giving away something someone wants, couldn't have been more noble of you.

We get a freebie from Bunny sir and exactly what we want. Beggars get to be choosers :P

Time to hunt for something I want.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 18:18:37 »
Sadly I see no milk blue or yellow mx CCs in the classifieds. Eh, would it even matter if there were?

Well I hope you all appreciate Bunny's rare medical condition - if he stops helping people his heart will explode. Good thing there's no shortage of people in need and wants in this world, and good thing bunnies have 9 lives... wait no that's cats, what do bunnies have? Ah, lucky feet. Let's chop off Bunny's feet!

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 18:26:05 »
I didn't think I wanted anything but....GirlDC Ghost (GhostBro) is like OMG, SO cute, I cant even handle it. He's all like WOOSH with his little arms and that smirk. And he glows when I give him some backlighting.

If he's gold plated, that means hes all sterling casted with some other metal swag and then gold on the outside. Ghostbro combines my love for metal and metalworking with this adorable little pose.

Woooosh!

* CPTBadAss squees

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 18:56:39 »
Well, the only thing I would like more than a CC or Brobot is this green and clear Pure acrylic case.  http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43416.0.  I have loved the look of acrylic cases ever since I joined here, and when I saw this pop up, it had my full attention.  I would have bought it, but I had just paid for the Miami set and my wife would have had me sleeping outside had I bought any more keyboard stuff.  This thing would go perfect with my white and green setup. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline lexroad

• -__- lime
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 19:08:29 »
Hi there,
I've just ordered a keycool 84 white with the help of the nice people of the community  :thumb: so I'm pretty happy.
However having a set of black blank keycaps for this keycool would make me super super duper extra mega happy.
Thanks for the giveaway!
Keycool 84 White W/ Reds

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 19:14:31 »
First off, thanks for this bunny.  Yet another awesome thing sponsored and organized by you.

I'd have to say the only thing I really want is a GirlDC Ghostbro in silver or black.  Next closest is CCnG, but Ghostbro is so cute, just too expensive for my wallet :(  I love all the little things people are doing for the community, but I don't really have any real spending money right now because I'm unemployed.  Whatever little spending money I do have usually goes back to accumulating stuff for more experiments that I can share the results of with the community or small things that keep me sane while looking for work, like woodworking projects.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 August 2013, 12:24:20 by nubbinator »

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 19:16:18 »
I'd like to receive my Large GH t-shirt :P

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 19:23:45 »
I... Don't...

I can't...

Holy ****, guys.
There's nothing I want? Specifically?

I'd love an opportunity to try a Topre board. It's something that I doubt I'll be able to afford, so a giveaway like this is probably the only chance I'd have at getting one. I know lots of people on the forums are in love with them, and it's piqued my interest. In a world where mechanical switches are king, a high class rubber dome has trumped them all, and I have to say I'm intrigued.
If one came up on the forums for a reasonable price, I couldn't express my gratitude enough if you picked it up for me, Bunny. I don't know what I'd do with myself.

I'm still pretty new to the Mech world, but since I've gotten here, I've seen more philanthropist acts than in any other community. The people here genuinely just want to share their favorite hobby, spending too much on keyboards, with the world. I've got two projects in my room right now, and no working mech keyboard. I think I've been inducted. I just hope it isn't too long before I'm in a place where I can give back!

The generosity here outweighs even that of the wetshaving forums.
And -that- is saying something!
"I seek a great warrior" - Luke Skywalker
"Great Warrior, Hmm? War does not make one great." - Master Jedi Yoda

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 19:26:58 »
I would really love to get either a nice set of caps for my Ducky Mini that is coming soon or a white/red/translucent clack to replace the escape on said keyboard.
To be honest I would be glad to get pretty much any cool cap since I have yet to replace any caps on my choc mini.
Waiting until I get the Ducky since I want to see how the LEDs will change the appearance of the caps :)
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 20:26:16 »
OK: Second Entry since first item was taken.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45818.0

Corsair 800D modded for WaterCooling.

This would be a great case to have for my next build, which hopefully will be watercooled, and I need some more space to stick a longer graphics card it. My Antec 300 isn't cutting it, with only 9.5 inches of space for GPUs. Since I learned after I posted my first option that we're going to try to be reasonable, this is about as reasonable as I can get. I honestly can't find anything keyboard-related in the Classifieds that I want. Not a single SSK to be found.

I'd love for my Phantom plate to get here, but there isn't much you can do about that, Bunny.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline gnubag

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 21:43:57 »
I want a cat!

other than that a CCnG for Tkl or 60%

http://techkeys.us/collections/keycap-sets/products/cream-cheese-and-green-set

but i would appreciate a cat more (with a lifelong supply of food and medical attention.)

Offline Game Theory

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 21:48:40 »
The last remaining model F XT of 2 from do_Og@n's sale because the older beam spring looks like it going to work and need another project to keep me busy.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44024.0

Though I probably have too many projects already. :))
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 August 2013, 01:19:13 by Game Theory »
... he's just a poor kid from the stupid ages.
Realforce 104UG | Realforce 91U | IBM SSK | IBM 5251 BeamSpring | IBM Model F XT |  IBM Model F AT | IBM SSK | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX Blue) | KMAC LE (MX Green)| Northgate Omni Key 101 | Avant Stellar Prime

Offline lotus1109

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 22:04:50 »
I want a mx octo pink clack!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 22:31:35 »
I want a mx octo pink clack!

Good luck on that.  I've been looking for one for about 6 months.  I don't see anyone selling one in the classifieds either.