Author Topic: Not-So-Great Finds  (Read 300107 times)

Offline BobCarltheThird

Re: Not-So-Great Finds
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 20:45:28 »
Seeing the glue under it, I am pretty sure that key won't work.

It's not even that it's busted. There straight up isn't even a switch there  :))
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline ag36

« Reply #251 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 05:21:03 »
Also doesn't seem to be a buckling spring keycap :blank:
Model M*5, SSK*4, M13 black*1, Model F XT*1, AT*1 F107*1, Unicomp*1, 3278 *1, Leopold FC750R*2, 980M*2 FC980C*1 Filco majestouch 2 TKL*1, Cooler Master MasterKeys S PBT*1, Uniqey Q100*2, Ducky pocket*1, KBD75*2, KBD19X*2, HHKB pro 2*1, Type-S*1 Topre Realforce RGB*1, 108 all 30g*1, numpad*1, 87U*1 Dell AT101W*2, Alps64*2, V80 matias quiet click*2, Quiet liner *1, WYSE ASCII *1

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #252 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 17:07:05 »
Seeing the glue under it, I am pretty sure that key won't work.

It's not even that it's busted. There straight up isn't even a switch there  :))

Also doesn't seem to be a buckling spring keycap :blank:

But aren't custom "artisan" keys like these just for looks anyway? You don't actually type on them, do you? That'd lower the value.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Less-Than-Great Find
« Reply #253 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 01:33:13 »

203175-0

NIB Industrial Model M—just $3,073!! Plus shipping!

Never mind that it's p/n 1394946, the most common Industrial M... It's NIB. Thus there's no limit on its value—it could be worth anything! Don't believe me? Just ask this seller!  :?O
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Bass

• Formerly Forte
« Reply #254 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 23:02:03 »
I heard that seller literally posts these listings just to trigger people like us :rolleyes:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 03:11:00 »
It works!

Offline Bass

• Formerly Forte
« Reply #256 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 22:04:32 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Old-Logo-Dell-AT101-GYI3PVAT101-ALPS-SKCM-Salmon-Mechanical-Keyboard/113021942685

SKCM Salmon Alps AT101. Even if this was a rare variant, still seems way overpriced for what it is at nearly $700 shipped.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #257 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 04:04:14 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Old-Logo-Dell-AT101-GYI3PVAT101-ALPS-SKCM-Salmon-Mechanical-Keyboard/113021942685... SKCM Salmon Alps AT101. Even if this was a rare variant, still seems way overpriced for what it is at nearly $700 shipped.

LOL! Lunacy!

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
$199 IBM rubby domey
« Reply #258 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 04:13:11 »
Here's someone who wants $199 (OBO) for a rubber-dome IBM Model A:

203456-0

Quote from: Someone who wants $199 (OBO) for a rubber-dome IBM Model A
USED but in good condition. WORKING!
("offers" are enabled but we may not take any offers, this is a rare keyboard)

Ooh, and the invitation to "Make an Offer" may just be a tease... How tantalizingly coquettish.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 September 2018, 04:22:25 by ander »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #259 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 07:08:20 »

the invitation to "Make an Offer" may just be a tease

"Make Offer" is enabled by default and is surprisingly hard to turn off. Simply ticking the box usually doesn't take until you do it a dozen times or more. Sometimes you have to click away and then come back to it.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #260 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 16:43:02 »
"Make Offer" is enabled by default and is surprisingly hard to turn off. Simply ticking the box usually doesn't take until you do it a dozen times or more. Sometimes you have to click away and then come back to it.

And in this case, it's particularly annoying because the owners of this super rare keeb are just toying with the notion of taking offers, and had to actually mention that in their text. Maybe they didn't want to say "We're not really considering offers, but we couldn't figure out how to turn off the 'Make an Offer' feature." Naturally, that would've undercut the shrewd, high-tech-savvy image they worked so hard to cultivate.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Ridiculously pricey mail-sorter thing
« Reply #261 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 17:03:15 »
I know this isn't a keyboard (it's good to do a little senility check like that every now and then), but it was so ridiculously priced, I had to share it with you:

60 Pocket Mail Sorter with Tall Riser

203496-0

$2,099.99
Take 18 months to pay! ... Only 6 Left in Stock. Buy Soon!

I mean, how much should you have to pay to sort mail? Presumably you're going to do the sorting too, or have to hire someone to do it—so you have to pay for the mail-sorting thing and the sorting person? The expenses never end!

What's more, this item, like all items on Wayfair.com, is shipped directly from the Chinese manufacturer, where stuff costs, like, 1/10th as much to make because people work for a pittance and any attempts at labor organization or negotiation are mercilessly squashed. Chinese merchants must have wet dreams thinking of the obliviously fast-spending Westerners sending them Western-size piles of dough—whether it's for mail sorters, keyboards, or any of the other super-cheap-to-produce products over there. I'm just saying.

Offline OldIsNew

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 13:35:04 »
There's only one left! Only $965! FREE shipping!

203877-0

"Tactile non-mechanical keys that are also quiet"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Best-Keyboard-In-The-World-Keytronic-LT-Classic-w-AT-PS-2-adapter-quiet/130509348454

Offline JP

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 14:37:34 »

(Attachment Link)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Best-Keyboard-In-The-World-Keytronic-LT-Classic-w-AT-PS-2-adapter-quiet/130509348454

One sold and one remaining. :eek:

Also "We do not misrepresent the import value of items."...sure.

I supposed the price really is a pittance for the best keyboard in the entire world.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline fer.real

« Reply #264 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 10:43:16 »
Japanese English Black Bilingual USB Computer (Rubber Dome) Keyboard: US $3,334.95 :eek:
204033-0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-English-Black-Bilingual-USB-Computer-Keyboard/400311799645

I will be saving my pennies for this one.  Or maybe I'll just buy it here for $25.  https://m.bonanza.com/items/like/229313719/japanese-english-usb-wired-black-computer-keyboard-black-background-with-whi-

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #265 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 11:54:19 »
for three and a half grand, this keyboard had better be sentient and actually bilingual. Or maybe I can type in English, and, because it's bilingual, translates me into perfect Japanese.  :rolleyes:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #266 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 19:59:09 »

(Attachment Link)

$965 for a Key Tronic rubby-dome... That's one of the most bodacious NSGF's I've seen. Thanks for spotting it!

But wait a second:

"BRAND NEW - STILL IN THE ORIGINAL SHRINKWRAP." 

Oh, well, that changes everything. :p

Offline JP

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #268 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 18:08:02 »
German IBM 3278 Beamer - only $5,880.25! + shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-3270-3278-Display-Station-Beamspring-Keyboard-Tastatur-deutsch-German/332737514101?hash=item4d78b38a75:g:YV8AAOSwF2xbXf5F

I hate to say it, but that's unusual enough that I could actually see someone paying that much for it. They'd be one of those keeb-wacky rich kids whose parents gave them a Ferrari when they got their first learner's permit. But still.

Offline Bass

• Formerly Forte
« Reply #269 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 00:09:13 »
That beamspring is actually a 3276 and the seller has had it listed at that price for a little while. They are a bit rarer than your standard 3278 but I highly doubt it's worth anywhere near what the seller is asking for. There was a Cyrillic 3278 that sold for around $2k and a 3278 A2 w/ colored keycaps for $2.8k, both much rarer and took a while to sell at those prices.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #270 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 03:57:07 »
That beamspring is actually a 3276 and the seller has had it listed at that price for a little while. They are a bit rarer than your standard 3278 but I highly doubt it's worth anywhere near what the seller is asking for. There was a Cyrillic 3278 that sold for around $2k and a 3278 A2 w/ colored keycaps for $2.8k, both much rarer and took a while to sell at those prices.

I agree, the seller's being highly optimistic. But it's not like asking $900 for a Key Tronic. If someone who collects beam springs wants one of these, and they have the dough, and they don't want to wait another six months for another one to appear, its "value" may be moot.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 15:21:40 »
Slightly off topic but couldn't not post this having seen it - £280 for a cardboard box :confused:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline no, the other guy

• actually, this guy
« Reply #272 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 15:25:28 »
Postage:
May not post to Germany 
 :(
<armin> i have the impression the only reason the mx red switch was invented was drunk people

Unicomp PC122 (review) * IBM Model F XT * Dell AT101W

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 15:29:35 »
Slightly off topic but couldn't not post this having seen it - £280 for a cardboard box :confused:

but that is a very nice brown box

vintage style

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 23:14:00 »

It's not off-topic... Great and Not-So-Great Finds don't have to be keyboards.

Anyway, LOL. Why are they referring to it as a "headphone" box, I wonder? Wacky.

Don't miss the very nice piece of metal they've listed for just £9.99:

Imagine how many things that can be used for. And when you weren't using it, you could keep it in the cardboard box.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Rare clicky Model M!
« Reply #275 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 05:25:59 »
Woo, look at this:

Rare 1987 IBM Clicky Keyboard Model M (1391401) 20APR87 F2

204643-0

It's a rare clicky Model M—and only $199 + shipping!

Till recently, we were lead to believe that the iconically clicky, buckling-spring M's were much more common than the relatively few RD variants. But no. For some incomprehensible reason, virtually every Model M that turns up these days turns out to be un-clicky—even those with erstwhile classically-clicky p/n's like 1390401. Indeed, if you can't find a listing like this one that specifically mentions it's a clicky M, you never know what the heck you're getting.

How did we reach this desperate, disorienting point of clickiness insecurity? Has the world lost its sense of smell? How many fingers am I holding up? Should I wear brown shoes with a blue suit? As you can see, I have many questions.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 September 2018, 05:27:41 by ander »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #276 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 16:57:34 »
It must be extremely confusing for newbies reading rants about how the earliest Model Ms are great and that after about 1987 they became inferior, and that brand new Unicomps with modern colors and native USB are garbage, yet they all seem to sell in a relatively similar and narrow price band.

Why wouldn't an early M in good condition be worth twice the selling price of a new Unicomp, they might ask?
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #277 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 00:01:14 »
It must be extremely confusing for newbies reading rants about how the earliest Model Ms are great and that after about 1987 they became inferior, and that brand new Unicomps with modern colors and native USB are garbage, yet they all seem to sell in a relatively similar and narrow price band...

The only rational solution is to have one of each, right? Then you don't have to guess or take other peeps's words for it.

Why wouldn't an early M in good condition be worth twice the selling price of a new Unicomp, they might ask?

Because the Unicomp:

(1.) Is NIB (vintage M's clean up great, but it's not quite the same, and some peeps are picky about that)
(2.) Is black (for those who find "pearl" too dated)
(3.) Is USB-ready
(4.) Is warrantied
(5.) Has a creaky case (well, somebody must consider that a feature)
(6.) Is the last keeb of any kind still made in the USA, by nice people running a small, dedicated business out of its gloriously original location, who couldn't stand to see the computer industry's clickiest-clackiest keyboard production line shut down forever (can ya blame 'em?) and who've pulled off the miracle of producing genuine buckling-spring keebs, domestically, for less than most imported MKs with comparatively wimpy switches.
(7.) Would no doubt be endorsed by Natalie Portman, if she knew about them. (Someone should tell her.)

Offline JP

« Reply #278 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 07:31:58 »
Yes, someone let Natalie know. I'm sure she would even do a commercial for Unicomp. It would be a smashing success. They could even reinvest any additional revenue in tooling for current and future products such as an SSK Model M  ;D

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #279 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 02:45:28 »
Yes, someone let Natalie know. I'm sure she would even do a commercial for Unicomp. It would be a smashing success. They could even reinvest any additional revenue in tooling for current and future products such as an SSK Model M  ;D

:eek:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Free grime!
« Reply #280 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 05:24:44 »
You don't see bargains like this very often:

IBM clicky PS/2 keyboard 1391401 Model M 1988

205236-0

205232-1

205234-2

Quote from: eBay seller
I tested the keyboard this last week on my office computer, and all keys function as designed. It felt great to be typing again on this classic keyboard...

I will vacuum the keyboard and wipe it down, but I don't want to take all the keys off to wash them individually... You can see this was well used and the keys are dirty. I have reduced the starting price accordingly.

Can you, too, see this person carrying this filthy board into an office, connecting it to a PC, and typing on it to be sure it works?

I'm glad it "felt great" to them. Personally, I would've been too busy going "Ew! Ick!" to enjoy it much, not to mention wondering what my colleagues were going to say about me at lunch.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #281 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 16:36:28 »
You don't see bargains like this very often:

IBM clicky PS/2 keyboard 1391401 Model M 1988

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Quote from: eBay seller
I tested the keyboard this last week on my office computer, and all keys function as designed. It felt great to be typing again on this classic keyboard...

I will vacuum the keyboard and wipe it down, but I don't want to take all the keys off to wash them individually... You can see this was well used and the keys are dirty. I have reduced the starting price accordingly.

Can you, too, see this person carrying this filthy board into an office, connecting it to a PC, and typing on it to be sure it works?

I'm glad it "felt great" to them. Personally, I would've been too busy going "Ew! Ick!" to enjoy it much, not to mention wondering what my colleagues were going to say about me at lunch.

Could be a home office ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #282 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 02:52:25 »
Could be a home office ...

Oh, yeah, right. I hope so, anyway. Or maybe he meant the office next to the oil rig he apparently works on.

Offline OldIsNew

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #284 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 19:23:21 »

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Focus FK-2000, just $300!
« Reply #285 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 20:21:49 »
VINTAGE Focus FK-2000 Plus Mechanical Keyboard TESTED ULTRA RARE!!

205528-0

Never mind that it's not even NIB, that it has clone switches, and that they're usually just $50–60... It's ULTRA RARE!!
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 October 2018, 20:25:02 by ander »

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Super-rare upside down Unicomp M-122!!
« Reply #287 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 03:02:17 »
Every now and then, someone presses the wrong button and something gets made upside-down:

It happens with keyboards too! Behold, this ultra-rare upside-down Unicomp OEM M-122:

VINTAGE IO UNICOMP MODEL M BLACK KEYBOARD

206427-0

If you've always wanted an upside-down keeb but never thought you could afford such a rarity, here's your chance—at a BIN price of just $29.95 + shipping! Incredible deal!!

[Note: The keeb isn't actually upside-down; the seller just posted their photos that way. If you neglect to read this part and rush ahead and buy this thing and are disappointed when it arrives entirely normal, don't blame me.]

Offline no, the other guy

• actually, this guy
« Reply #288 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 03:03:36 »
Hilarious.
<armin> i have the impression the only reason the mx red switch was invented was drunk people

Unicomp PC122 (review) * IBM Model F XT * Dell AT101W

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #289 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 20:58:55 »
Come to Australia.

All our keyboards are upside down!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #290 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 00:11:41 »
Come to Australia... All our keyboards are upside down!

I understand it takes no effort to drink beer, either—you just open it and let it flow into your mouth. Now that's living.

Offline OldIsNew

« Reply #291 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 18:50:49 »
Come to Australia.

All our keyboards are upside down!

I knew it! That's so cool!
I want to come visit but does it really take a week to get used to all the blood rushing to your head?

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #292 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 20:13:10 »
Come to Australia... All our keyboards are upside down!

¿sıɥʇ ǝʞıן ʞooן ʇ,uop sʇsod ɹnoʎ ǝɯoɔ ʍoɥ 'ǝnɹʇ s,ʇɐɥʇ ɟı—ǝʇnuıɯ ɐ ʇıɐʍ ʇnq˙˙˙

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Model M 1390410, just $1650!
« Reply #293 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 02:43:56 »

206686-0

(Auction page here) So, is it, like, filled with cocaine or something?

Oh, and it's not being shipped—you have to pick it up in Hoofddorp, Netherlands (which seems like a pleasant enough place, but still).

Offline BobCarltheThird

Re: Model M 1390410, just $1650!
« Reply #294 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 20:03:17 »

(Attachment Link)

(Auction page here) So, is it, like, filled with cocaine or something?

Oh, and it's not being shipped—you have to pick it up in Hoofddorp, Netherlands (which seems like a pleasant enough place, but still).

But don't you see? It says RARE in all caps! That totally makes it worth the extra 1600 dollars.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Model M 1390410, just $1650!
« Reply #295 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 21:33:18 »
But don't you see? It says RARE in all caps! That totally makes it worth the extra 1600 dollars.

Rare also means "recurring at long intervals". So I'm guessing it means someone goofy enough to buy something like this comes along only once a year or so.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
"No keys missing", just caps!
« Reply #296 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 21:51:47 »
Here's an interesting thing:

206771-0

Indeed—with two-piece keys, both the cap and stem would have to be absent for a key to be considered "missing". This seller clearly knows their stuff, keeb-wise!

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #297 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 22:03:00 »
[editing]

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #298 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 22:04:50 »
Here's something mysterious—someone selling a Unicomp Ultra Classic who says:

206777-0

What is it, anyway, about rearranging furniture that makes people want to sell their clicky keebs?

I like my keebs so much, I intentionally avoid rearranging my furniture so I won't feel compelled to sell them. Still, why does it happen at all?

Rod Serling will now step out from behind the drapes and explain.

(Anyone who doesn't get that hasn't watched enough old TV shows.)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Bargain M2
« Reply #299 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 15:50:44 »
And here's an interesting deal:

206946-0

• Seriously grimy (seller couldn't be bothered to wipe it down—zoom in at your own risk)

• Cord wrapped around keeb (always attractive)

• It's an M2 (crappiest M ever)

• Price about 4x beyond realistic

Otherwise, quite a bargain!