Author Topic: [IC] IV Kanketsu | GROUP BUY LIVE UNTIL APRIL 4!  (Read 28205 times)

Offline STUDIOBLB

[IC] IV Kanketsu | GROUP BUY LIVE UNTIL APRIL 4!
« on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 08:41:16 »

IV KANKETSU

Kanketsu is a Japanese design philosophy that is rooted in simplicity. The word itself can translate to “completion”, “simplicity”, or “brevity”.
The philosophy teaches that true simplicity can often be a complex path requiring careful choices and intentional decisions.

We are very pleased to be working on this project with IV Works, a long time friend of the Studio and collaborator on other adventures!

GROUP BUY POST HERE!

GROUP BUY INFO
The Kanketsu Collection will be available to purchase during the group buy starting March 4. More items will be revealed as we get closer to the group buy!

VENDORS
NA: IV Works
EU: MyKeyboard.eu
UK: Proto[Typist]
CN: zFrontier
AU: SwitchKeys
JP: BaseKeys
SEA: iLumKB
VN: Shibay Mech
CA: DeskHero

KITTING
Just like IV Ashes, this release features a single kit with a wide compatibility and includes all novelties and spacebars.Kanketsu is Cherry profile made with extra thick 1.55mm dye-sublimated PBT.

With knowledge gained from the successful IV Ashes run, IV Works was able to improve both pricing and production time.The set will have a group buy promotional price of $79.99 with a 90 day production timeline.

As per IV Work’s modus operandi, we have physical samples in hand of all items to share before the buy.

SAMPLES
We have samples of the full kit on hand!
Here are some photos of one of the sample sets. Needless to say, we are extremely pleased with the results.

RENDERS
Av4 by IV Works, Renders by IV

Frog TKL by Geon, Renders by IV

COLOUR COMPARISONS
To give a better sense of the real world colours of our samples, we have done a comparison photo with some other keycaps to show the best representation of the cream we have chosen.
Additionally, the comparison does a good photo of showing off the quality of the legends from IV Works compared to GMK samples.

DESKMATS
For this release, we wanted to give people the option to go with a standard sized large deskmat or a custom sized mini mat! Mix, match, and stack to your heart’s delight.

Mameshibori Mechmat: A small dependable mat, not unlike the dyed tenugui that inspired it.
The perfect size for a TKL, or use a smaller board if you want to show off a pop of colour underneath.

Doodle Deskmat: A nod to the quick doodles that fill the corners of our notebooks, and the scribbles when you need to test out a new pen.
A large canvas on which to work, play, and live.

SWITCHES
A fun tactile switch to complete your Kanketsu build. Designed for typing accuracy with medium tactile bump and smooth travel on a responsive spring.

Building off the groundwork of the Darkmoon switch, this new switch has the same thick-pole but in a tactile variety.
This new thick-pole stem increases feedback without a harsh bottom out.
This stem mimics the feel of a long-pole stem by increasing the strike surface between the pole and bottom housing.
It generates more feel and sound without the negatives of the shorter travel and fatigue of the long-pole hitting the bottom housing.
Stem rails have also been thickened to decrease wobble. Features a 22mm x 65.5 gram Double Spring for a crisp upstroke.

HPE is softer than traditional switch plastics for a more comfortable typing experience. It also has the smoothest surface finish for clean travel that does not require lubrication.
The switches are manufactured dry so you can tune to your liking. Most testers have found lubing the stem and springs offers the best experience.
Housing has tighter tolerances so films are not necessary, but can be used to change sound profile.

COLLABS
Polycarbonate Relic Keycap: IV Works
Premium Cables: KKona
Resin Artisan Keycaps: DREAD Keys - https://discord.gg/gTkQ6zMA
Resin Artisan Keycaps: P.Craft - https://discord.gg/T6P5hUka
Resin Artisan Keycaps: Keyzen - https://discord.gg/YbchBu7R

Do you make artisans and want to do a collab? Please give us a shout at studioblb.co@gmail.com

REVISIONS
2022-07-01
Thank you everyone so much for continuing to fill out our IC form!
We made a couple of changes:
1. Cream was slightly revised for a better match to colour chips.

Based on IV Works input, we ordered physical samples of the set! We are absolutely thrilled with how they turned out and this is the level of quality that we will expect for the upcoming group buy.

CONTACT
For business inquiries, please reach out to us through email at studioblb.co@gmail.com

Join us in our studioblb Discord server!
Check out the IV Works Discord server!

Follow us on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS
Joe
Skydoki
Tom
T
Ian

You can support this project by adding the following BB code to your signature! Thanks!

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=116299.0][img width=281 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/I8sGcsu.jpg[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Sun, 05 March 2023, 11:04:49 by STUDIOBLB »

Offline STUDIOBLB

Re: [IC] IV Kanketsu
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 08:42:05 »
PROJECT LOG
2022-02-18 - Initial feedback gathered, Kanketsu ready for sampling

« Last Edit: Fri, 18 February 2022, 10:25:16 by STUDIOBLB »

Offline nullinasou

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 08:54:07 »
who is the manu for iv ashes again?

Offline Briaireous

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 09:11:20 »
Very much a fan of the color palette. GLWIC

Offline STUDIOBLB

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 09:14:06 »

The manufacturer is (and will continue to be) undisclosed. However, we will have samples in hand before the GB begins to ensure capability and quality!

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 09:45:07 »
This looks good maybe as a novelty enter in red
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 10:42:34 »

The manufacturer is (and will continue to be) undisclosed. However, we will have samples in hand before the GB begins to ensure capability and quality!

What's the reason for hiding this information?

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 11:02:52 »

existing manu looking to rebrand??  ;D

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 11:16:22 »

We do a little reselling of 20$ taobao sets

Offline 4milk

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 11:37:34 »

hahahahahahahahaha

Offline STUDIOBLB

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 11:38:10 »

IV Works is the manufacturer of the set for all intents and purposes. The specific factory information is withheld due to NDAs, as well as protecting all parties involved.

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 12:09:44 »
I am a little weirded out by the explanation to hide the manu. I definitely like the subtle yet standout colorscheme of the set, but yeah I feel if there are questions about who is manufacturing the set and that info is being kept in covers, it invokes a little skepticism (like say if recently I got a set from a manufacturer and it exhitbits smudging issues, I wouldn't likely go ahead and get another set from the same manu unless and until there is a solution to their manufacturing process, with the fear that a similar issue could be reproduced). Again I know IV works has built a brand name in the community, but if people want to know the name of the manu, they should be given the info. And ofcourse I know people who are scared could simply just not buy the set, but if they like the colors and if the info can help them make a decision, getting the info would really be cool.
Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline panka

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 13:44:56 »

IV Works is the manufacturer of the set for all intents and purposes. The specific factory information is withheld due to NDAs, as well as protecting all parties involved.
for all intents and purposes i will assume that it's 20$ chyna dyesub, thank you very much
also more weeb sets woohoo

Offline Lysol_

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 14:00:40 »
aside from the manu stuff going on. I like the colors and set kitting. interested to see how this set goes in GB.

Offline spedywin

• Formerly spedywin
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 14:04:05 »
I like the colors but it definitely would be nice to know the manu or atleast the history of the manu

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 14:07:48 »
Love it.

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 14:15:31 »
Asking people to pay $100 for this is wild.

Offline bigdonnerz

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 14:17:06 »
 The manufacturer of the set for all intents and purposes is:

More
DN

Offline nillawafer

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 14:39:55 »
part of why I am willing to pay ~100 for a GMK set is partly because for their namesake as well. I know GMK, and I have certain expectations from them.

IV being an "undisclosed manufacturer" does not make your $100 estimate worth it at all. Prove that IV isn't one of the shoddy taobao manus with piss low QC. "u//W//u twust me they are gwoood" doesn't mean much.

Offline Quadrum

• Quadrum Labs
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 15:51:44 »
If you can show us samples before gb, I would certainly consider this set, but unfortunately without samples its impossible to assess if it is at all worth that price.

Offline soundstage

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 22:44:46 »
Undisclosed factory name without physical samples of the kit in question makes this IC look very suspicious. Can you make it such that reviewers get their hands on this set and give their unbiased review before GB starts?

That being said, I do like the colour scheme and I would definitely buy it if the Japanese only enter key also has English text alongside.

Offline less_blank

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 23:04:44 »
IV Works Ashes has gone through multiple rounds of color matching with physical samples so I would imagine this set would be no different.

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 23:28:56 »
More
DN
was not prepared.

Offline Cipulot

• Website
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 17 February 2022, 07:44:15 »
I really like the color palette of the set. The price seems reasonable (if the actual samples are good)  :thumb:
Looking forward for this set.

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 17 February 2022, 08:52:36 »
I like the Super icon. So much better than a diamond. I won't touch this due to the manu sketchiness though.

Offline STUDIOBLB

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 18 February 2022, 10:23:08 »
Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much to everyone who's taken the time to fill out the IC form for our project.
Kanketsu is currently ready for sampling. We will be editing the design based on the feedback from IC.

Like with all IV products, samples will be shared and finalized before group buy opens.

Offline plant99

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 18 February 2022, 11:30:53 »
Lovely set, looking forward to getting one!

Offline TheIcyKoala

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 18 February 2022, 20:53:29 »
Very nice off white color!

Offline fairypenguin

• zzz
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 19 February 2022, 02:36:59 »
This would look beautiful on the Demon Slayer build I'm dreaming up. But excited to actually see samples before deciding if it's worth the money.

Offline GoldenBoy

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 19 February 2022, 15:31:18 »

More
DN

Got eem

Offline xc0mr4de

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 19 February 2022, 19:38:08 »
completely unrelated but what knife is that?

Offline jiminojimi

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 20 February 2022, 01:24:23 »
It's niiice...

Offline autocast

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 20 February 2022, 09:48:21 »
MUJI colors are fantastic!

More
MUJI

Offline LumiP

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 07 March 2022, 12:08:15 »
Looking forward to seeing the samples! If they're good, I'm all in.
More
Current Boards: Aaru TKL Old Dark Sand, Drop + Planck Purple, Mr Suit WKL Black w/Gold Chamfers, Sangeo60 Black, KBD67Lite White, D45 E-Grey, Wind X Pink, NCR 80 Beige, EVO70 Black, White; QK65 Dark Green, Av4 Claymore, TGR x Monokei Tomo Suave Blue, Heracles80 Holy White, Snake60 Rust, Array E-White, Capsule E-White, QK75 E-White

Offline atlanticise

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 10:48:58 »
This is very nice! Please consider offering hiragana subs.  :thumb:

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 00:24:56 »
kameron where are you  , this is like ojou
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Flybeck

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 20:40:27 »
This set is sick. All around looking great.

Offline Wolff._.

• Machinist
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 11:04:36 »
Please make this set a reality. Hope it hasnt died out, would buy in a heart beat.

Offline STUDIOBLB

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 11:35:46 »
set hasn't been forgotten! actually theres news coming up! IV just focused on Ashes first, and then Kanketsu news will follow

Offline STUDIOBLB

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 01 July 2022, 09:54:06 »
Hi Everyone!

Long time, no update. We have been hard at work behind the scenes on this set and we are excited to start showing off what we have done!
We took into account your feedback from the IC form, and went ahead and ordered a small sample run of the set.
Check out the photos of the samples! We are beyond thrilled with the colours and the quality of the keycaps from IV Works, and would love to hear your feedback on it.

We have a lot more stuff that is almost ready to share, so please stay tuned for future updates Soon TM!

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
Re: [IC] IV Kanketsu | Samples Are Here, Take A Look!
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 01 July 2022, 11:43:33 »
man that's nice.

Offline STUDIOBLB

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 15:36:15 »
Re-uploaded sample pictures with adjusted white balance to be a little more true to life shhhhh 🐱‍👤

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 16:02:31 »
The cream in the renders looks multiple shades off of the sample photos.

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 16:26:53 »
Aw man I was excited for this set. Sample still looks more white than cream. And the other color is more orange than deep red imo.

Sent from my LM-F100 using Tapatalk

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 17:29:08 »
The manu thing is a little weird.

You really should change the colour balance/lighting of the renders to better reflect the actual colours, or vice versa. Really hard to tell what to expect...

Maybe do a comparison with WS1 if you haven’t already. The renders look closer to L9 almost. Even the signature art looks visibly more yellow.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline FullCryoPsychochomp

• Will fight for keyboards
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 14:07:33 »
Will there be an alphas kit with no sub legends?

Offline less_blank

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 14:31:07 »
Will this be going through further sampling rounds like Ashes did? Samples look pretty good overall but think there is room for improvement. Agree that it looks a bit too pure white/not cream enough, though color balance may be a bit askew, never seen a U80 soya look that gray. Also the red line on the Enter doesn’t look completely straight to me.

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 15:12:44 »
Was hoping to fill the KAT MUMEI void in my life. Guess not.

Offline Wise Donkey

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 18:40:46 »
Where are you at with this project?

Offline STUDIOBLB

Re: [IC] IV Kanketsu | GROUP BUY STARTING MARCH 4, 2023!
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 11 February 2023, 08:41:04 »
Hi All,

Been a hot minute since we had stuff to share for this project.
We have been hard at work behind the scenes, and are so excited to unveil the whole Kanketsu Collection!

Group buy for this project is going to begin on March 4, 2023, and we have plenty of regional vendors to choose from.

We hope you are as excited for this set as we are, let us know your thoughts!

Cheers,

studioblb