Author Topic: [GB] The Enabler [Shipped] Shared on OshPark  (Read 73673 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
I'm gonna cancel, sorry

Building a keyboard is on my agenda, but I don't have the time/$$$ for all the other accessories right now

Maybe in the future

Not a problem, I will update the second post and the spreadsheet.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
Heh; I'll take up the slack ... My entry has been edited. I'll take a few extras now that we're at a lower tier. I don't feel I need the PCB+spacebar-stab one, but I'll get an extra 2x stab. Maybe I'll make a 10key in addition to a couple TKLs.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
Updated my ship address with the Edit Response form, let me know if I screwed it all up.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
I got it
Updated my ship address with the Edit Response form, let me know if I screwed it all up.

OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
Hi Melvang,

the last file versions are okay ?
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
Looks good I will be updating the OP.

We have space bar versions of the stabilized keys

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
Re: [GB] The Enabler Orders Close Saturday, 14June2014 [taking orders]
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 11:55:12 »
OP is updated.  All updates are before the pictures with one exception right after regarding lack of renderings for space bar versions.

Again, if you want space bar versions just submit a new order and I will combine.  Put spacebar orders in the comments section with how many of what size you want.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 June 2014, 12:12:48 by Melvang »

Offline Cadrach

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 12:10:01 »
I placed an order using the form yesterday but didn't post anything here.  If I was supposed to do that, I apologize!

Offline GSimon

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 12:25:57 »
I placed an order using the form yesterday but didn't post anything here.  If I was supposed to do that, I apologize!

Just noticed this thread today and placed an order also.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 14:12:15 »

I got both of you guys.

On a side note, nathairtras, I see you placed a second order for 2 with stab holes and a note about wanting spacebar versions.  Do you want a pair of 2 unit versions or just 2 spacebar versions and what size.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 14:43:39 »
I got both of you guys.

On a side note, nathairtras, I see you placed a second order for 2 with stab holes and a note about wanting spacebar versions.  Do you want a pair of 2 unit versions or just 2 spacebar versions and what size.

Nice, I actually just placed another order for the spacebar version as well.

Offline nathairtras

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 15:35:43 »

I got both of you guys.

Sorry, just saw this.  Wanted two spacebar versions only, size 6u? 
CM QFR Green

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 15:44:57 »

I got both of you guys.

6.25??  All I have is 6.25, and 7

Offline nathairtras

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 16:01:26 »

I got both of you guys.

Yep, that one.  :-[
CM QFR Green

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #164 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 13:59:08 »
Is there any other similar controller as Teensy?

I just placed my order, but I am not sure now what would be the final price per unit. I also do not understand what would be the final manufacturer selected. Please advice.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 June 2014, 14:10:42 by ideus »

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #165 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 14:10:17 »

There's a thread somewhere -- Deskthority, I think. Older now, but they list other places to get keyboard-suitable microcontrollers. Soarer has had success with the $5 arduino knockoffs. No fancy reset button or LED but if you handwire the Reset pin to ... shoot. Ground? It goes into program mode and will take the same firmware except of course the pin names are all different ... and there's fewer of them.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 14:11:39 »

There's a thread somewhere -- Deskthority, I think. Older now, but they list other places to get keyboard-suitable microcontrollers. Soarer has had success with the $5 arduino knockoffs. No fancy reset button or LED but if you handwire the Reset pin to ... shoot. Ground? It goes into program mode and will take the same firmware except of course the pin names are all different ... and there's fewer of them.

TY I will take a look at DH for some information.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 12:29:07 »
Submitted another order for one of each spacebar size.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 12:33:01 »
Will something like this eventually be available on something like MK? I would love to pick up a pack of these once I get the resources and learn how to wire up a keyboard.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #169 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 12:42:46 »
I just had an idea that I don't know if it has been considered, or could even be done. If the spacebar PCBs have a lot of blank space could some kind of mounting holes be made for the teensy?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #170 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 12:46:23 »
Update:  I will be keeping this open until my next day off to allow orders for space bar versions to be ordered.

Will something like this eventually be available on something like MK? I would love to pick up a pack of these once I get the resources and learn how to wire up a keyboard.

I can't answer that for sure, but i3oilermaker did order 850 of the single unit, and 150 of the 2 unit versions for sale on his site.  After the group buy the files will be made public for use though for anyone to order.  Though at those order numbers they will be a bit more expensive.  I am planning on having them published on OshParks internal database deal, here in one of the relevant threads in Making Stuff Together, along with a possible GitHub.

I just had an idea that I don't know if it has been considered, or could even be done. If the spacebar PCBs have a lot of blank space could some kind of mounting holes be made for the teensy?

While this would be possible this is out of the realm of my abilities.  The KiCad work for these was a joint (at separate times) between Moz, and agodinhost.  There is however the Teensy breakout board that was my idea that OldDataHands built for me that I have ordered.  Though I have yet to actually use it yet.  There are two versions, one with mount holes (sized for 6-32 thread same as motherboard mount hardware) on the ends and one on the sides to allow for teensy port at the edge of a project box.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #171 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 08:31:27 »
I do have some time on hand, so I can help out with any KiCAD work required.

Offline ijprest

« Reply #172 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 09:41:52 »
I missed the space-bar discussion... glad it's still open, though I didn't see a spot for them on the order form.

Melvang, can you please add 2 (two) 6.25u space-bar enablers to my order?

Thanks,

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #173 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 12:59:48 »
I missed the space-bar discussion... glad it's still open, though I didn't see a spot for them on the order form.

Melvang, can you please add 2 (two) 6.25u space-bar enablers to my order?

Thanks,

If you would just submit a new order.  Just put 0 in for single unit and with stab holes as well and put the two 6.25u versions in the notes section.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
Re: [GB] The Enabler [Orders Closed]
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 12:13:47 »
Orders have officially closed.  I am currently updating the order list in the second post of the thread.  At which point I will be tallying everything up and sending that to the fab shop for an official and final quote.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 13:07:46 »
A PM has been sent out to everyone on my list to confirm their order that is in the second post of the thread.  I am heading to the post office now to verify shipping costs.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 16:44:05 »
I just got back from the post office and it looks like shipping CONUS is going to be $3.50 with tracking.  I upped this from my quote to cover some of the heavier orders.

For shipping international I am going to charge $7 USD for non tracking.  If you want tracking on an international order please let me know or just send $14 USD to the email address as either gift or include proper fees please.  If I receive a payment for tracking and your country happens to be one that it isn't offered for I will refund.

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 08:47:34 »
Everything going smoothly over here? I haven't heard anything about invoices yet.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 20:55:07 »
Everything going smoothly over here? I haven't heard anything about invoices yet.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 21:12:45 »
Sorry about the delay guys.  My work schedule has been getting changed and have been working in different places over the last few weeks along with long hours.  It has been either 12 hours a couple minutes from home or 8+ hours with an hour drive each way.  Right now I am back to 12 hour days on third shift with Mon, Tue, and ever other Wed off.  On top of that day care for my 18 month old daughter is closed for the week and my wife spend almost a week in the hospital with her dad. 

I will be starting invoices tonight.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #180 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 21:19:49 »
Sorry about the delay guys.  My work schedule has been getting changed and have been working in different places over the last few weeks along with long hours.  It has been either 12 hours a couple minutes from home or 8+ hours with an hour drive each way.  Right now I am back to 12 hour days on third shift with Mon, Tue, and ever other Wed off.  On top of that day care for my 18 month old daughter is closed for the week and my wife spend almost a week in the hospital with her dad. 

I will be starting invoices tonight.

Thanks for the update dude. Take care of yourself.

Offline pasph

Re: [GB] The Enabler [All Invoices Sent]
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 04:39:13 »
Paid
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 04:42:59 »
Recieved.

Thank you to the guys that pay early and promptly.  If we can get all the invoices paid early I will order as soon as they are paid.  If the invoices are not paid by the time I wake up on the second you will be getting left behind and order canceled unless prior arrangements have been made.  There will probably be a small grace period due to being a weekend.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 11:19:08 »
Recieved.

Thank you to the guys that pay early and promptly.  If we can get all the invoices paid early I will order as soon as they are paid.  If the invoices are not paid by the time I wake up on the second you will be getting left behind and order canceled unless prior arrangements have been made.  There will probably be a small grace period due to being a weekend.

Sent you a PM as well, but I'll post it here too.  I'm receiving an error when I try to pay the invoice, so I'm not entirely sure exactly when I'll be able to pay.   :-\

I will keep trying though.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 13:37:30 »
Paid.

Offline EppyKay

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 14:23:58 »
I just paid.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #186 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 14:50:26 »
Paid.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #187 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 15:26:54 »
paid

thanks for all your work on this sir
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #188 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 15:52:25 »
Paid...

I didn't want my status to be left out even though I paid like 8 hours ago. I still don't understand why we post paid statuses.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #189 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 16:32:43 »
Paid...

I didn't want my status to be left out even though I paid like 8 hours ago. I still don't understand why we post paid statuses.

I do it to encourage others to pay quickly.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #190 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 16:58:57 »
Paid!  I guess it was probably just that I was at work that I was having issues.  All is well.  :)

Offline geniekid

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 18:13:31 »
Paid...

Paid.  I think it makes it so anyone casually following the thread can clearly see that invoices have been sent. 

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 18:21:45 »

... I still don't understand why we post paid statuses.

Same, I hope it prompts slowpokes to pay.  GB leaders deal with enough logistics that paying on time should be expected. 

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 18:30:24 »

... I still don't understand why we post paid statuses.

Same, I hope it prompts slowpokes to pay.  GB leaders deal with enough logistics that paying on time should be expected.

Right. I guess that makes sense. It also keeps the thread near the top of the recent posts so it has better visibility.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 19:42:33 »
it also helps generate hype, as we all share our level of enthusiasm for the project.

Although I'd prefer to do that by attaching an image. I feel well prepared for the coming enablation. (paid!)

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 20:35:30 »
Thank you guys for paying promptly.  I had 3 orders paid before I even finished sending invoices.  We are already over 3/4 paid in terms of dollar figures.  But this is including one order that is almost a quarter of the entire batch.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 20:36:55 »
My Ghostbro is so ready to have a proper home :D

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 20:38:19 »
My Ghostbro is so ready to have a proper home :D

Are you making a plate mounted business card with those 4?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 20:40:57 »
I was going to make a custom direct wired board featuring ghost bro. With a little case and everything.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 20:43:20 »
Would be interested in seeing some examples of how people could use these PCBs to produce a final keyboard.

Such as what plates they are thinking of buying, the casing, the controller (teensy?) and other materials required.

I'm a real newb with this and I don't have any plans yet, so any direction as to what others are planning would be helpful. A brief step by step guide would be nice to, doesn't even have to be that detailed.