Author Topic: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA (Shipping Corrections)  (Read 327301 times)

Offline SomeoneDifferent

Re: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA (Production)
« Reply #1300 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 12:56:54 »
Why do I always miss the best group buys, Any spare sets kicking about?

Highly unlikely, very interestingly, I haven't seen any Hack'd by Geeks sets change hands after the sets were shipped (not saying they didn't, yet probably the satisfaction rate is high, most people are keeping their sets)

Ok, Thank you for your help

I understand why, it's a beautiful set, being new to the scene I've missed out on a lot of great ones. There's bound to be someone though needing a bit of cash and is willing to part with their set

Not sure if Bunny ordered extra sets for the store or not with this one, those will likely go up once it reopens if he did. Otherwise, keep an eye out on the classifieds. You can't post a WTB until you've met the 2 months + 25 posts requirement, but you're able to post in other people's threads and buy from members.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1301 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 13:40:32 »
Sweet. Got my scoops and shift key :)

Thanks Cody for shipping these all out and Bunny for getting things fixed up quickly :)

Offline FreeChemicals

« Reply #1302 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 14:22:09 »
Just got my scoops... but the full set still hasn't arrived... is this normal?

nope haha, ill get it mentioned to cody, i think i remember you saying you already filled in the form so he should be on top of it

I'm waiting on Hyperfuse, to combine shipping. Should I still fill in the form, just in case?

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1303 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 09:31:27 »
So I have had these keys on my KUL with MX Clears for about a month back. I am new to SA profile keys, and got to the point where the keys were too hard to press (compared to OEM profile keys on Clears). I just put these on my Ducky with browns, and oh my god what a difference... I was really worried that I wouldn't like SA profile and was going to sell them off... glad I tried this first, as I love this color...

One other thing, and I don't know if anyone else has this issue, and this is not isolated to these keys, i've had them on many thick PBT caps as well. On the Ducky 3, the + and Enter on the keypad always sticks as the housing gets in the way, it's kind of like you have to sand down the side of the key. Anyone else had this issue?

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1304 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 09:39:28 »
So I have had these keys on my KUL with MX Clears for about a month back. I am new to SA profile keys, and got to the point where the keys were too hard to press (compared to OEM profile keys on Clears). I just put these on my Ducky with browns, and oh my god what a difference... I was really worried that I wouldn't like SA profile and was going to sell them off... glad I tried this first, as I love this color...

One other thing, and I don't know if anyone else has this issue, and this is not isolated to these keys, i've had them on many thick PBT caps as well. On the Ducky 3, the + and Enter on the keypad always sticks as the housing gets in the way, it's kind of like you have to sand down the side of the key. Anyone else had this issue?

I was recently going to test DSA keycaps on a KBParadise V60, the spacebar had this issue, which rendered the keycap unusable, I think it's the fault of the keyboard* design

On my Leopold Numpad with Cherry stabs for example, this issue doesn't exist, the keycaps really shine

I also noticed that SA keycaps are pretty selective in terms of switches, the best match were blues, red's were meh, clear's were meh

I'm planning on using them with 60g clears at this point, they go better with lighter switches

Might be a good idea to sand the keyboard instead, as the keycap sets' value is currently greater than keyboard's value

------

With KBParadise V60, I was also unsure whether it's stabilisers or the keyboard housing was the source of the rubbing, it might as well be the stabs too, but one thing is for sure, the default keycaps didn't have this issue

Comparatively DSA had it worse in my case
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 June 2015, 09:41:49 by KHAANNN »
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1305 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 00:02:16 »

The Ducky utilises Cherry stabilisers,which are somewhat unforgiving of even slight imprefections in stem positions under the keycaps.  I found the same thing with my Ducky - some of the larger modifiers were sticking.

Although my experience in general is the opposite of yours - on lighter switches (blues and reds) the thick SA keycaps are way too heavy and really dampen the keyboard.  On blacks or greens they are just fine.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1306 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 00:09:51 »
Although my experience in general is the opposite of yours - on lighter switches (blues and reds) the thick SA keycaps are way too heavy and really dampen the keyboard.  On blacks or greens they are just fine.

Word of advice here, ALWAYS get either Black, Green and/or Grey switched keyboard when it comes to using any SA Profiled beauties  :thumb: .

Reds and Blues are basically for newly born bubs or limp wristed tally-wackers, that don't need to use any keyboard.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 June 2015, 00:12:17 by Elrick »

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #1307 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 00:17:14 »

Word of advice here, ALWAYS get either Black, Green and/or Grey switched keyboard when it comes to using any SA Profiled beauties  :thumb: .

Stock blacks? I see some of them modded to be a bit heavier. Is that personal preference or is there an actual spring weight that has been proven to be better than stock?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1308 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 03:51:10 »
Stock blacks? I see some of them modded to be a bit heavier. Is that personal preference or is there an actual spring weight that has been proven to be better than stock?

Stock Blacks are basically at 60g and out of the famous ones released in huge numbers - the Red, Brown and Blue Cherry MX switches that comes out of the German Factory would be less in spring weight.

The custom and rare editions such as the Clears (55g), Whites (80g), Greens (80g) and Greys (105g) which are my faves come in with those spring weights.  IF you are talking about swapping out the standard spring and putting in a stiffer one, then you have a customized switch ready to be used by you in any keyboard.

If you're a cheap bastard then simply buy a budget Red switched keyboard then pop off the black switch tops and replace the softer springs with something that shall snap your lazy finger off.  You can buy 150g Korean Springs from a supplier here on Geekhack.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 June 2015, 03:53:40 by Elrick »

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #1309 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 04:14:16 »

Stock Blacks are basically at 60g and out of the famous ones released in huge numbers - the Red, Brown and Blue Cherry MX switches that comes out of the German Factory would be less in spring weight.

The custom and rare editions such as the Clears (55g), Whites (80g), Greens (80g) and Greys (105g) which are my faves come in with those spring weights.  IF you are talking about swapping out the standard spring and putting in a stiffer one, then you have a customized switch ready to be used by you in any keyboard.

If you're a cheap bastard then simply buy a budget Red switched keyboard then pop off the black switch tops and replace the softer springs with something that shall snap your lazy finger off.  You can buy 150g Korean Springs from a supplier here on Geekhack.

Haha, 150g... that sounds like a prank keyboard or needs a mallet to type with. I have blacks that are patiently awaiting my keyset, right now im typing on F, J, and Shift and it feels pretty good so far...

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1310 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 10:52:04 »
The font of the "Enter" is not bold, while all other legends are bold, did this bother anyone else? :) (I really hate to be the one who always comes up with stuff like this)

I just noticed it while I was trying out some alternative keycap placements while I get ready for the Retro SA set

A similar issue exists for the 1.75 DSA "Control" keycap for example, it always bothered me - while it's possible to match the regular font-size and width, all the 1.75 DSA "Control" keycaps use an inferior font sizing/style

------

SP probably re-uses these phrase molds until eternity, so It might be a good idea if future keycap sets avoid "Enter" and use "Return" instead
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1311 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 10:58:09 »
Here is a photo that demonstrates the issue:
103059-0

Also exists here as reference: http://i.imgur.com/mB0HVwU.jpg

Once again, I apologise for bringing stuff up like this, as far as I inspect the keycaps, only the 2.25 Enter has it, likely because it was a newly printed keycap type

------

I think it's too late to get this fixed for the Hack'd by Geeks keyset, maybe if I noticed this earlier something could have been done, if it's indeed an issue, but it would be great if we could at least get these kind of issues fixed for future keycap sets - I think the font style and size should be uniform wherever possible, the 2.25 Enter definitely has a slightly lower font-weight
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 June 2015, 11:00:29 by KHAANNN »

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1312 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 11:56:23 »
(Attachment Link)

Once again, I apologise for bringing stuff up like this, as far as I inspect the keycaps, only the 2.25 Enter has it, likely because it was a newly printed keycap type

------

I think it's too late to get this fixed for the Hack'd by Geeks keyset, maybe if I noticed this earlier something could have been done, if it's indeed an issue, but it would be great if we could at least get these kind of issues fixed for future keycap sets - I think the font style and size should be uniform wherever possible, the 2.25 Enter definitely has a slightly lower font-weight

I love how particular you are Sir... I remember posting the below image and getting your disapproval,  :p

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1313 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 12:38:53 »
Excited for my scoops. Finding home row without looking has been challenging lately...  :'(

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1314 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 12:41:34 »
(Attachment Link)

------

I love how particular you are Sir... I remember posting the below image and getting your disapproval,  :p

Show Image

That 0 is slightly crooked, son :)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1315 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 12:46:36 »
(Attachment Link)

------

Show Image

That 0 is slightly crooked, son :)

I was never so happy and disappointed in myself at the same time as then... :)

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1316 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 13:06:13 »
I was never so happy and disappointed in myself at the same time as then... :)

I apologise if I took away your happiness at that time, It's a beautiful numpad

Be proud, son!

Looking at the photo now, it was probably the glare from the left side that gave the impression of a crooked keycap, after testing various keycap sets after that judgement, I wouldn't point it out
I should learn to tolerate minor issues like these myself

(As a note to myself and others, selecting dark keyboard cases/plates and dark keycaps suppresses issues like these, otherwise even the slightest displacement is noticeable)
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 June 2015, 13:07:58 by KHAANNN »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1317 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 16:34:24 »
Khan is Adrian Monk IRL.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1318 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 18:56:51 »
got my scoops today, wooop woop... kind of like getting your eyes back, although I had quite literally gotten used to finding my way home in the dark!!

Thanks guys!!!

Offline TheOpposition

« Reply #1319 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 19:04:08 »
I'm still missing a set, can someone help me out?
(2) Poker II's
Poker 3 W/ Blues
JD40
Ergrodox

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #1320 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 21:29:35 »

Did you open a support ticket yet?

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1321 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 03:22:03 »

Haha, 150g... that sounds like a prank keyboard or needs a mallet to type with. I have blacks that are patiently awaiting my keyset, right now im typing on F, J, and Shift and it feels pretty good so far...

Just make things clearer, the spring weights quoted by Cherry are actuation weights, the weights of "Korean" springs are bottom-out weights. So a 60g Cherry spring is heavier than a 60g Korean.

People seem to find Korean 62-67g the sweet spot for MX Black / Red and Clear switches, they actuate with around 50 to 55g, so they're lighter than the stock springs, but heavier than Cherry "light" springs.

Great reference here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46449.0
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1322 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 03:35:30 »
Got my Hack'd set installed on my board finally!

103133-0

103135-1

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed. They look fine in decent light and absolutely fantastic in sunlight, but in slightly dimmer conditions the contrast isn't high enough and the legends become hard to read. I was expecting them to be more like the Nostalgia set, with the grey much darker and the mods almost black.

Either the orange should have been lighter, or the grey darker. Now I'm looking forward to the Carbon set. Maybe that will be my SA set with orange in that I'll actually use on this board. This one just doesn't have legible enough legends for long term use.

Penumbra with white alphas remains my favourite set. I think it's going to take something TRULY spectacular (like perhaps fully sculptured Penumbra with white alphas ;) ) to dethrone it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2015, 03:59:43 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1323 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 04:12:47 »
If the mockup had been done with more accurate colours, this issue could have been caught at the design stage.

I'm actually getting RATHER IRRITATED with designers not using the most accurate colours when creating mockups and ending up with misleading designs. It's not hard, you just take the colour codes from here and apply them to your mockup: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Signature_Plastics_ABS_colours

Here's a little comparison of the actual mockup and a colour-corrected one.

Original:
103137-0

Colour corrected:
103139-1
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Kelvin

« Reply #1324 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 10:03:41 »
I'll take them off your hands if you don't want them. I'm serious. PM me.
My left nut for your Hack'd by Geeks set. Deal?

Offline neverused

« Reply #1325 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 15:57:04 »
Does anyone else think the new replacement Right Shift looks matte?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1326 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 16:19:56 »
If the mockup had been done with more accurate colours, this issue could have been caught at the design stage.

I'm actually getting RATHER IRRITATED with designers not using the most accurate colours when creating mockups and ending up with misleading designs. It's not hard, you just take the colour codes from here and apply them to your mockup: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Signature_Plastics_ABS_colours

Original:
(Attachment Link)

Colour corrected:
(Attachment Link)

ok

firstly

this

looks a lot more like this

than this does

secondly

the reason we dont use the colours from the link you provided, is because they are inaccurate

we use the actual colour chips to match our colours for this

im not going to apologise because you think the keycaps are shown in the mockup in well lit conditions

it makes no sense to artificially taint the colour of mockups because some people sit in a dark room
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2015, 16:24:14 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1327 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 16:32:17 »

i havent seen these myself

but ill ask cody to confirm, if sp made them in the wrong finish they will definitely replace them

Offline SL89

« Reply #1328 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 16:33:22 »
I agree with Bunny on this. Mine seem to be very accurate to the mockup. Under artificial light and direct sunlight. With incandescent light it is a bit closer to the orange tinge you filtered it with but only just so.

Offline neverused

« Reply #1329 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 16:33:35 »

but ill ask cody to confirm, if sp made them in the wrong finish they will definitely replace them
I don't really mind, just an observation

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1330 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 16:39:09 »

Original:
(Attachment Link)

Colour corrected:
(Attachment Link)

I'm in a dimly lit room as well, but I don't have any issues with the contrast. The colors I see look closer to the original to me.

That being said, the SP color wheel is a reference at best. It's not an exact Pantone match and different batches can be slightly different in color.  But it's all in the eye of the beholder isn't it?  :p

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1331 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 16:41:33 »

I don't really mind, just an observation

oh no all is good sir, i just havent gotten my scoops and stuff so i havent seen myself, but if thats the case we will get it sorted again, we want a matching set

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1332 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 16:42:22 »
I agree with Bunny on this. Mine seem to be very accurate to the mockup. Under artificial light and direct sunlight. With incandescent light it is a bit closer to the orange tinge you filtered it with but only just so.

Original:
(Attachment Link)

Colour corrected:
(Attachment Link)

I'm in a dimly lit room as well, but I don't have any issues with the contrast. The colors I see look closer to the original to me.

That being said, the SP color wheel is a reference at best. It's not an exact Pantone match and different batches can be slightly different in color.  But it's all in the eye of the beholder isn't it?  :p

glad im not the only one

thanks for the input guys

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
[GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA (Production)
« Reply #1333 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 00:06:34 »
I think it matches the original mockup if you I'm in normal lighting.

As for the shift, I just looked at mine and it looks like a matte finish to me. jk. Put my glasses on and it's the same as the other shifts

But I feel like the shifts aren't as glossy as the alphas or even the bottom row caps like fn, ctrl and whatnot

Edit edit:

here's my ****ty comparison. I have no idea which ones even my replacement right shift because my MKC keypuller broke and i mixed em all up :|

anyway.

The CTRL looks glossy compared to the shifts

« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2015, 00:32:30 by asdfjkl36 »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1334 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 00:51:59 »
I agree with the new shift key looking as if it has a slightly matte finish - it doesn't bother me at all though

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #1335 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 01:27:37 »
Isn't the matte finish grainy like whats found on DSA?

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1336 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 03:43:46 »
the reason we dont use the colours from the link you provided, is because they are inaccurate

we use the actual colour chips to match our colours for this

The DT colours are photospectrometer scans of the plastic colour chips, so they're the most accurate representation of the actual plastic colour you're going to find anywhere.

The pics I posted are in very good light and the camera sensor picks out the orange nicely, in real life it's not as clear and the contrast is not as high as I was expecting. Could be the fact that the legends are thinner on the actual caps than the renders, too.

To my eye, even the photos match my render more than the original (particularly the lighter grey). If you have a calibrated monitor you can see that the DT colours match the actual plastic very very well.

Anyway, I don't mean to cause offense, I'm just a little disappointed. The rant about the colours comes from this being just one of MANY mockups using inaccurate colours, with PuLSE being a particularly bad one due to the delicate differences in hues of blue / tourquoise. I have eyes very sensitive to relative contrast. The greys in the original render had too much blue. I'm surprised designers aren't more careful with selecting accurate colours, but I guess many keycap designers are not professionals, so it sort of makes sense.

The replacement Shift look fine to me, perhaps a little less shine to the surface, but that will come right with use :) They're definitely not matte, since SA matte has a textured surface, with little bumps, etc.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1337 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 09:00:42 »
I feel I must apologise to Bunny,

Sir, I am sorry for my attitude. I discovered I have flu and I am perticularly grumpy at the moment. You've run a good GB and the mockups are close enough not to really matter. My disappointment at the visibility on my home PC with poorer lighting conditions appears to be due to the closeness in colour intensity between the orange and light grey and the relatively thin legends on the keys.

It is acceptable at my office in better light. I need to lighten up a bit in general (IRL too).

Best Regards,
Oobly.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1338 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 09:24:10 »

Sir, I am sorry for my attitude. I discovered I have flu and I am perticularly grumpy at the moment. You've run a good GB and the mockups are close enough not to really matter. My disappointment at the visibility on my home PC with poorer lighting conditions appears to be due to the closeness in colour intensity between the orange and light grey and the relatively thin legends on the keys.

It is acceptable at my office in better light. I need to lighten up a bit in general (IRL too).

Best Regards,
Oobly.

Hey, it takes a very grounded individual to apologize on the internet. Hats off to you, sir.

I for one appreciate the effort you made with your alternate mock up. I (personally, to my eyes) think it does match up with some of the pictures of the set in lower light conditions. Maybe it would of been better received in the interest check phase though.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1339 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 09:40:01 »

Best Regards,
Oobly.

Hey, it takes a very grounded individual to apologize on the internet. Hats off to you, sir.

I for one appreciate the effort you made with your alternate mock up. I (personally, to my eyes) think it does match up with some of the pictures of the set in lower light conditions. Maybe it would of been better received in the interest check phase though.

my point wasnt about the alt mockup not being accurate in certain lighting conditions

just that i cant make mockups for all lighting conditions, where would it end

the mock up is obviously meant to represent the set properly lit

it is there to show the set in the best possible light

obviously everyone knows if you throw it in bad lighting on incandescent light that will cause it to look different

the only part of the posts that bothered me is the insinuation of 2 things

that we tried to be misleading with the mockups, and that we didnt act professionally

in response to the comment about colour calibration

i have a regularly professionally calibrated panel, and i also regularly use this on all my other panels

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0055MBQOM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=251GNFHC05EOF&coliid=IK5X3HHQUQK77&psc=1

on top of that, i actually have the colour chips in front of me, as well as sample keys in almost all colour chips

we aimed to match these colours exactly, and certainly across all my set ups and screens, the mockups match the physical keys sat in front in me

that being said, i also dont think its fair to judge a mockup based on poor lighting or incandescent light, the only way this would be a fair comparison is i guess if you intentionally drastically lowered the brightness of you panel, or added a yellow tint to it or something, which i guess, if people wanna see how a set will look under worse lighting, they are more than capable of doing

this next comment is directed just at oobly

sir you dont need to apologise and what not, you are welcome to your opinion, however, based on yoru comments what i will say is this

you clearly have had issues with what you consider misleading mockups on several occasions judging by what you said, we clearly posted the colours and reference numbers we used on this gb, if you personally prefer the deskthority scans, they are always there for you to cross reference, it may take a couple of minutes, but then at least you dont end up in a situation where you are disappointed, and im sure it would take a fraction of the time for you to do that than to make the above posts after the fact

we used to use those scans for mockups, however i wasnt happy with results on certain sets, with the final product not being accurate to their scans, however accurate their method is, so we take steps to make sure we conveyed this gb as accurately as possible, and personally, i think we did that, im sorry you feel differently

Offline TheOpposition

« Reply #1340 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 18:21:51 »

Yes, but no confirmation email has been sent to me. 
(2) Poker II's
Poker 3 W/ Blues
JD40
Ergrodox

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1341 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 19:46:51 »

thats all you needed to do

ive posted in our forum  replies are gonna be slow this week why we get v2 launched

just sit tight and cody will get to it

Offline TheOpposition

« Reply #1342 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 20:04:47 »

ive posted in our forum  replies are gonna be slow this week why we get v2 launched

Copy that.
(2) Poker II's
Poker 3 W/ Blues
JD40
Ergrodox

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1343 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 20:39:50 »
I partially agree with Oobly, but the fault is the buyer's in this case (in my case too), I also appreciate a high contrast myself, so Hack'd by Geeks set is just not for me, luckily my brother loved it

The contrast is acceptable in normal lighting conditions, but in my case, the lcd glare was rendering things unreadable for me

So I decided to only buy keycaps with white legends from now on, have high hopes for SA Retro, if that doesn't work out either, I guess I will have to wait until SP rolls out fully sculptured matte SA keys, if Hack'd by Geeks could have been matte for example, the contrast wouldn't be an issue with these colors

Anyway, I just wanted to ask people how they use their Hack'd by Geeks keyset

Do you guys use them with flat keyboard or angled keyboards?

I'm guessing the regular minimal keyboard angle should work nicely, yet I'm not too sure about the Row1, since row1 has a pretty steep angle, a completely flat keyboard could be the optimal way to use the SA set

I'm just trying to decide which kinds of adhesives to use on my 60% cases, the DSA keycaps definitely need the stepped ones, if row1 SA favors flat keyboards, I guess I will have to reserve a case just for the SA keycaps (I tested things myself a bit, yet didn't use the keycaps for actual typing, therefore I couldn't conclude)
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2015, 20:42:25 by KHAANNN »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1344 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 22:44:28 »

Good luck with V2, guys :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MrRooks

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Always be knolling
« Reply #1345 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 10:42:29 »
I still haven't received my dish keys or shift, how do I go about this?

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1346 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 10:55:39 »

Did you fill out the form for requesting them?

If so, then you just have to wait for them to arrive via mail.

Offline MrRooks

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Always be knolling
« Reply #1347 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 11:33:26 »

Nope, I wasn't aware there is a form. The OP doesn't mention anything about it. I assumed since no one got dished keys we wouldn't need to request them, they should just go out to everyone. Can someone provide the details? Digging through 45 pages isn't exactly realistic.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1348 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 11:37:47 »

Nope, I wasn't aware there is a form. The OP doesn't mention anything about it. I assumed since no one got dished keys we wouldn't need to request them, they should just go out to everyone. Can someone provide the details? Digging through 45 pages isn't exactly realistic.

ok guys, could anyone missing the scoops and with the crooked right shift

please fill out this form

http://goo.gl/forms/xdBFkVjaOT

also, if you fill out the form, could you please quote this post and say you have done it, not for my benefit, but to maximise the chances of people seeing the form

Offline MrRooks

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Always be knolling
« Reply #1349 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 11:56:55 »

ok guys, could anyone missing the scoops and with the crooked right shift

please fill out this form

http://goo.gl/forms/xdBFkVjaOT

also, if you fill out the form, could you please quote this post and say you have done it, not for my benefit, but to maximise the chances of people seeing the form

Thanks, filled out.

JD can you put this in the OP? Might be a bit less confusing that way.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2015, 12:05:14 by MrRooks »