Author Topic: [IC] GMK Mountaineering  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Preston Walz

[IC] GMK Mountaineering
« on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 10:46:56 »

Rise To The Climb
GMK Mountaineering is inspired by the sport of Mountaineering. High altitude adventure is nothing to take lightly, the journey is tough. The goal... Stand on the highest point of the mountain, The Summit. Mountaineering requires preparation, mental toughness, strength and the correct tools.

GMK Mountaineering is my attempt to capture this inspiration in a keycap set.

Enjoy.

BASE CAMP KIT

Alphas - RAL 2009 Traffic Orange
Alphas Text - GMK Stock Color GR1
Mods - GMK Stock Color GR1
Mod Text - RAL 2009 Traffic Orange

Base Camp Kit's colorway is heavily inspired by the colors of the tents and equipment that would be associated with Base Camp. Base Camp is located near the beginning of your climb, Mountaineers will use this area to prepare for the journey ahead. The bright oranges of this kit are used commonly in Mountaineering equipment and clothing. These colors are used to enhance visibility of climbers up on the mountains.

Summit Kit

Alphas - RAL Design 250 92 05
Alphas Text - GMK Stock WS2
Mods - GMK Stock WS2
Mod Text - RAL 2009 Traffic Orange

Summit is made to showcase being at the highest point of the mountain... the summit. At the summit there is a stillness. It is quiet, there is ambience of only the soft wind and your breathing. In the distance are mountain ranges as far as the eye can see. This kits colors are inspired by the cooler tones and light colors of the top of the mountain. From the clear skies, clouds, mountains and to the snow and ice below your feet.

Base Camp Addition Kit

Summit Addition Kit

To Do List:
- Collect Feedback from IC
- Add kits according to feedback
- Design Novelty Kit
- Desk pad and Artisans
- More board renders
- Add kits according to feedback
- Vendors
- Color Matching
- Quotes from GMK

Updates:

BOARD RENDER GALLERY:

RAMA WORKS U80-A
                                                                                                                                                                                         [

SP-111 by BlindAssassin
Vulcan x KBDFANS Maja

Interest Check:
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 April 2021, 00:50:33 by Preston Walz »

Offline kk73715

• Why are you even reading
Re: [IC] GMK Mountaineering
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 10:56:11 »
I prefer to view ICs without clicking links. I would say this is very poorly presented.

To see how to add Imgur photos, find an IC with photos, press "quote" at the top right, see the 'source code' of their post in the comment / post section (the stuff in-between [quote and /quote]. Study the syntax of how someone else did it then edit your original post.

Offline aleeex

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 11:07:08 »
This IC definitely needs some work

Offline armintehgreat

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 11:09:55 »
Yeah, this is hard to read. I think you should really flesh this out some more and put some more thought into the kitting and presentation before posting here.
Current daily driver: Polycarb Nunu FE

Offline Preston Walz

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 11:22:39 »
I will go back to the drawing board and make necessary changes to make this IC more user friendly. Do tell however, is there a way to adjust sizing of images inserted into post? I feel this would be the first step in improving this post.
EDIT: Fixed!
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 April 2021, 19:09:24 by Preston Walz »

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 12:16:30 »
colors aside, I would take a look at how other IC's are presented and redo this in a bit.
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline dimo

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 12:17:50 »
please add renders that aren’t just top views. i think the work is actually pretty well done, both sets look pretty good in my opinion but just rework the representation— try get a sort of general thematic quality to the set through title cards and such

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 13:50:43 »
Cool inspiration and theme, tho, not getting “mountaineering” vibes from the colors. Also, IC needs work