Author Topic: [IC] GMK PONO (IC Form Added)  (Read 10101 times)

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
Re: [IC] GMK PONO
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 02:54:35 »
I like this theme. It's so neat. Would it be odd to add a "Nyaa" or "Nyan" key or something along those lines in the novelties? Or is that too weeb? >_<

Doesn't really match the theme, other than cat.

That makes sense. I figured I'd ask since the worst thing that would happen is you saying no. I appreciate the explanation. (:

Offline Sourdrop

• Insta
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 03:15:46 »
That makes sense. I figured I'd ask since the worst thing that would happen is you saying no. I appreciate the explanation. (:

For sure! I thought about adding a couple more words to text novelties, like Neko, or something along the lines of what you were thinking, but didn't really feel like it was a good fit to the rest of the stuff, or would have had to expand a little more to make it fit, like adding subs, and that didn't feel right either. Rather leave the set clean, easy, and more generally relatable to cats, their memes, and stuff they do.
Sour Insta - instagram.com/sourmk

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 06:34:25 »
Color me interested. I was imagining a high class vibe with this colorway (red tinted pink on a black-ish background). Would like to see more of the novelties

Offline Sourdrop

• Insta
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 08:51:13 »
Would like to see more of the novelties

Will commission a few more renders as the project develops, no worries :thumb:

Offline Sourdrop

• Insta
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 13:51:52 »
Interest check form added to OP

Offline d00deitsnik

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 14:41:33 »

For sure! I thought about adding a couple more words to text novelties, like Neko, or something along the lines of what you were thinking, but didn't really feel like it was a good fit to the rest of the stuff, or would have had to expand a little more to make it fit, like adding subs, and that didn't feel right either. Rather leave the set clean, easy, and more generally relatable to cats, their memes, and stuff they do.

I'm glad you didn't add sublegends to this set. It feels a lot better, especially with the theme you're going for. Excited for this~

Offline SeamansBeard

Re: [IC] GMK PONO (IC Form Added)
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 17:14:25 »
Looks great! Would love International kit/NordDe kit. Especially since Olivia didn't have one.

Offline Sourdrop

• Insta
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 02:32:11 »
Looks great! Would love International kit/NordDe kit. Especially since Olivia didn't have one.

Thanks! A little feedback about your comments. This set is not trying to do what Olivia++ might have, or have not done. Different sets, different colors more or less, (stock pink on stock grey here, to custom pink on custom black with Olivia++), different themes, different designers.

It would be lovely to include any and all compatibility for all users (as we are all mechanical keyboard enthusiasts here), this is not a likely scenario though with a manufacturer like GMK. Sets with huge hype and huge sales have trouble with international kits meeting MOQ. So while not against it, not confident that kit can happen here.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 05:29:34 »
R1 blep, mlem, boop would be appreciated for folks without a 65%
| Flickr | Current: GSKT-00/Whale/Pro1/356mini/1390120/F107/3101

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 07:21:40 »
+1 would rather this instead of like 7 toe beans

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

WANTED: Clacks, Artisans, Keysets, Vintage Cherry and Other Goodies

More
Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60 | Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | IBM 3278 (pending restoration) | KFE | TGR Jane v2 | TGR Jane v2 CE | Koala | iS0 | Norbatouch | KPad | Xeno | Keycult No.1/60 Rev. 1 | F62 Kishsaver

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 09:04:28 »

Aye

Offline Sourdrop

• Insta
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 09:18:16 »

Aye

If people aren't really into the paws, can remove some in favor of more / repeated text novelties. I thought they were kind of cute and added that little more to the theme. Thanks for the honest feedback. Will look into a small kit update. :thumb:

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 09:20:11 »

If people aren't really into the paws, can remove some in favor of more / repeated text novelties. I thought they were kind of cute and added that little more to the theme. Thanks for the honest feedback. Will look into a small kit update. :thumb:

Tbh it depends on whether it increases price significantly.

I'd buy the kit with a lot of paws and all the mlems and boops if the price difference isn't huge.

:thumb:
WANTED: Clacks, Artisans, Keysets, Vintage Cherry and Other Goodies

More
Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60 | Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | IBM 3278 (pending restoration) | KFE | TGR Jane v2 | TGR Jane v2 CE | Koala | iS0 | Norbatouch | KPad | Xeno | Keycult No.1/60 Rev. 1 | F62 Kishsaver

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 11:24:31 »
Eh. I liked the toes too. Haha. Could just be because I like cats and don't just Google cat memes XD.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline d00deitsnik

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 13:18:21 »
I'm a fan of all the paws. Whenever this set drops, I might replace Pause with paws too.

Offline Sourdrop

• Insta
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 02:52:08 »
Added a few beautiful renders on a custom Iron165.

Few more to come while some more work happens.

Please do fill out the IC form if you haven't. Cheers!

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 22:29:10 »
The text novelties really make the set, and 4 in various profiles in the base could cover basic ortho support and also be fun for nonortho users too.

Offline Sourdrop

• Insta
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 01:00:32 »
The text novelties really make the set, and 4 in various profiles in the base could cover basic ortho support and also be fun for nonortho users too.

Don't want to force novelties into the base, as some people are not into them, and rather keep base straight forward. 40's / ortho will either be in base or a kit, depending on how a few things go. Bit worried about base price with all those keys, as it would be nice for base to be affordable.

Offline hkiri

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 04:48:23 »
Yep, the base kit is fine as it is. It even covers the most basic ISO support, so I'm in, I guess!

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 16:51:30 »

Don't want to force novelties into the base, as some people are not into them, and rather keep base straight forward. 40's / ortho will either be in base or a kit, depending on how a few things go. Bit worried about base price with all those keys, as it would be nice for base to be affordable.
Umbra and Pegaso(?) both had abbreviated ortho support in the base kit, by using "nonspecific" text legends like "data" and "out". Since those legends are meaningless anyway they're almost novelties, but might work for those that really hate cat memes.

Its certainly cheaper than Ortho/40s kits that have 2 tabs, 4 1u escapes and 4 1u enters, (but sometimes only one 1u backspace and 1u shift anyway:(), but doesn't do much for nonortho 40s.

Offline Han

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 10:52:42 »
This looks really cute!!