Author Topic: [GB] Polaris - Shipping  (Read 132806 times)

Offline juliandoucette

Re: [GB] Polaris - Shipping
« Reply #550 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 17:53:08 »
FTR: I can confirm that the bluegrey is not as advertised. It's a nice colour, I guess... but I wouldn't have ordered it.

PS: I'm leaving this comment because I think it's the appropriate place and format to leave feedback about the group buy. Please excuse my ignorance and negativity if I am incorrect.

Offline immaphantomlol

« Reply #551 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 19:57:01 »
is it possible, at this point, to order an extra plate & pcb?

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #552 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 20:13:57 »
That blue is wild - like they didn't even try.  It's still a nice color just like the yellow - just completely wrong.
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #553 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 22:39:49 »
That blue is wild - like they didn't even try.  It's still a nice color just like the yellow - just completely wrong.

blue grey is very rarely on point in any gb

i kinda like this one tho
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | TGR Alice | Qlavier Ti/Acryl Alice

if you're actually reading other people's posts on geekhack in 2020 you're doing something wrong

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #554 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 01:11:20 »
Wooooo my Polaris arrived today! ... minus one black screw in the weight. I don't even know how that happens. -_-

Looking in all of the little baggies looks like there's a bag of replacement silver screws, so I guess I'll have one silver screw in my all-black case! :(

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #555 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 03:08:53 »
Wooooo my Polaris arrived today! ... minus one black screw in the weight. I don't even know how that happens. -_-

Looking in all of the little baggies looks like there's a bag of replacement silver screws, so I guess I'll have one silver screw in my all-black case! :(

Human error. When they have to package that many boards and QC everything, it can happen.
Just remember that these are not some special screws (besides the colour) so you can always just get them online or in a shop. Probably not worth asking for KBDFans to send you a single screw. :D
My boards: LAGOM 🐸-T | TMO50 FE | prototype TMOv2
Incoming: production TMOv2

Offline ai03

• Keyboard addict
    • My website
« Reply #556 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 10:41:27 »
Sorry for the silence; forgot to update this thread for a while
Relaying information from the Discord server:

Shipping status: KBDfans has been capped to around 150kg of shipping per day with DHL and FedEx limitations combined, which is not much at all considering they also must ship quite a few other products in parallel. They are doing the best they can to ship stuff as quickly as possible, but the bottleneck is hitting hard.

Color differences: A few of the colors turned out differently from ideal due to a few factors:
  • Factory switchup after GB closed due to the original factory running away, leading to a very rushed switch to a different factory with differing capabilities
  • Certain colors that failed to anodize consistently no matter how many times we tried at the new factory, forcing us to different hues
I apologize for misleading advertisements; they were not intended to be misleading and only turned out that way due to circumstances surrounding the switch. In the future, I will try to mitigate this effect as much as possible for any new products.

Extra parts: As of right now, there are no plans to sell individual extra parts, especially since they wouldn't even ship within a reasonable timespan without paying ridiculous amounts for already capped DHL/FedEx shipping. However, the PCB dimensions and plate files have been open sourced.

Screws: I apologize for any missing screws; they were likely accidentally skipped at the factory as they rushed to get the boards out following the delay from CNY and following pandemic lockdown. It will likely take months to ship the screws internationally by a shipping method of any reasonable cost, so if not waiting for the pandemic to be controlled and shipping/international travel to resume, here are the specifications for the screws that may be possible to source locally instead:
Case: M2, 6mm length
Weight: M3, 4mm length
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2020, 10:43:09 by ai03 »

Offline lunr

« Reply #557 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 13:47:11 »
I can't seem to find the plate files in this thread. Can you please link them?

Extra parts: As of right now, there are no plans to sell individual extra parts, especially since they wouldn't even ship within a reasonable timespan without paying ridiculous amounts for already capped DHL/FedEx shipping. However, the PCB dimensions and plate files have been open sourced.

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #558 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 14:07:50 »
I can't seem to find the plate files in this thread. Can you please link them?

https://dl.ai03.me/Polaris%20Resources/

Offline odd

« Reply #559 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 15:37:05 »
For your board to be able to be delivered in the US did you have to send KBDFANS $20 for shipping or is there an invoice of some sort?

I used EMS b/c it was originally free shipping; however, due to shipping issues, I changed my address and opted for DHL. KBD support said they would invoice me for shipping. I haven't been invoiced yet so I'm guessing my order isn't ready. I'm waiting on a Polaris and Simple JA.

There shouldn't be a invoice. I sent $20 via paypal then sent them a email with the paypal transaction # and got verification within the hour. These instructions were posted in the KBDfans Discord. I wouldn't sweat it though since that was last month and I'm still waiting for my tracking # or any info on when I'll get my board (black/brass). I'm gonna guess that the $20 that was sent to speed up shipping was just to get your hopes up in getting it quicker because that's obviously not the case.

« Reply #560 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 16:17:09 »
Someone run a Trump themed keyset for that e-orange.

Offline child

« Reply #561 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 06:56:33 »
Finally got my e-white with FR4 half plate (among other options) after terrible experience with Fedex on almost every stage of the shipment (some of that can be attributed to Covid-19, but not everything).

I must say I am amazed - both the quality and the sound are nearly perfect. Initially I wasn't sure if the soft touch of FR4 half plate will be to my liking, but after just a day of using it I can say it's great. I put both foams in - it made the keyboard a tad stiffer, but not much really. I am happy there are further acoustic tuning options, but so far I didn't try them yet.

This keyboard is the first MX board with "raindrop" sound similar to silenced Topre, which I always was a fan of  :thumb:

Offline mongoose27

« Reply #562 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 16:13:04 »
I'm still waiting on my e-wite, WKL....hopefully, its on the way soon.

Offline zian_

• Skinny Legs
« Reply #563 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 17:22:01 »
For your board to be able to be delivered in the US did you have to send KBDFANS $20 for shipping or is there an invoice of some sort?

I used EMS b/c it was originally free shipping; however, due to shipping issues, I changed my address and opted for DHL. KBD support said they would invoice me for shipping. I haven't been invoiced yet so I'm guessing my order isn't ready. I'm waiting on a Polaris and Simple JA.

There shouldn't be a invoice. I sent $20 via paypal then sent them a email with the paypal transaction # and got verification within the hour. These instructions were posted in the KBDfans Discord. I wouldn't sweat it though since that was last month and I'm still waiting for my tracking # or any info on when I'll get my board (black/brass). I'm gonna guess that the $20 that was sent to speed up shipping was just to get your hopes up in getting it quicker because that's obviously not the case.

Probably the case. Just hoping to get it before the end of the year.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #564 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 18:25:21 »
Weight: M3, 4mm length
Countersunk or flat screws ?

Offline ai03

• Keyboard addict
    • My website
« Reply #565 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 07:35:18 »