Author Topic: [GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — In color matching phase, waiting for R2 samples  (Read 85437 times)

Offline Tyson

Hello!

I’m messaging here as I’m unfortunately late to the party. I was just going to put out that if ANYONE is feeling the crunch or doesn’t want to be a part of this group buy anymore I would gladly take the kits off your hands!

I’m looking for these kits mainly but will accept everything but the localization kit.

Base
Highlight
Error
Command
Minify
Night mode

Your best bet is to wait for extras

Offline Magas

I appreciate the information but I did have some luck doing this with Eternal so I figured I'd take my chances!

I hope that you're staying safe!

Offline solomonshv

Hello!

I’m messaging here as I’m unfortunately late to the party. I was just going to put out that if ANYONE is feeling the crunch or doesn’t want to be a part of this group buy anymore I would gladly take the kits off your hands!

I’m looking for these kits mainly but will accept everything but the localization kit.

Base
Highlight
Error
Command
Minify
Night mode

dailyclack still has the core set available. i think they marked the core up a little, but you can still buy it. https://dailyclack.com/products/gmk-dracc?variant=30267216461866

prices are in AUD. converted to USD, with shipping, it's $180.

daily clack is an AU reseller, but they ship to the US for a very reasonable price. i'm in the US, i'm thinking of buying the kit from them.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 May 2020, 05:54:33 by solomonshv »

Offline itsmartin

Yes they marked it up because they are their extra kits.

GB price is available for the GB, pre order price is slightly more and available until it ships, and then in stock price is slightly more again but is immediate availability, if there are any left at that point.

It’s just a different method for selling extras, rather than waiting until the GB ships to everyone they allow you to purchase extras in advance.

I think at one point they had most kits but seems like most are gone.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
patiently waiting

Offline wholypantalones

patiently waiting

Only six more months of color matching!

Offline LevelSteam

patiently waiting

I'd rather wait for the correct colors than end up with a ****ed up set like gmk necro or solorized dark.

Offline Magas

I'm serious about this:

Hello!

Base
Highlight
Error
Command
Minify
Night mode

Offline wholypantalones

patiently waiting

I'd rather wait for the correct colors than end up with a ****ed up set like gmk necro or solorized dark.

Yeah, nobody wants that even if it takes nine more months of color matching.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)

For what it's worth, there will be extras.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 May 2020, 15:43:00 by _PixelNinja »

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

Aren't extras usually just the base kits though?

Other kits will likely be available, but having base kit out of proportion to the other kits relative to the number ordered is probably fair to say. If I was a vendor I probably wouldn't want to have to be stuck with just child kits...

Offline Nivengoh

Any news on Dracula? We are already on mid May and hope that OP has some new for us by then, its already been 6mths since the GB.
KBD8x | E8-V1 | Xeno 75 | RAMA U80-A

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

Other kits will likely be available, but having base kit out of proportion to the other kits relative to the number ordered is probably fair to say. If I was a vendor I probably wouldn't want to have to be stuck with just child kits...

very normal for extras of child kits to be ordered in smaller quantities

cannot give a definitive answer as i'm not involved, but yeah

Any news on Dracula? We are already on mid May and hope that OP has some new for us by then, its already been 6mths since the GB.

there's a pandemic on and GMK wasn't producing for a bit (afaik) so that probably threw a delay in

i'm sure there will be updates soon
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | TGR Alice | Qlavier Ti/Acryl Alice

if you're actually reading other people's posts on geekhack in 2020 you're doing something wrong

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV (fk u)

Color matching for other sets has taken months for one round of it where it used to be much faster pre-Covid. I think it's been two months for GMK crimson cadet. Meanwhile, the new GMK trays have plenty of issues, and GMK shipped sandstorm to Krelbit and left out the child kits and didn't mention it. I'd expect delays at each level of logistics. Generally, I think the time between info from GMK to set designer or vendor and then transmitted to us is under 48hrs. That there's months between updates, not a day or two, is on GMK and asking here isn't gonna get you new info.

Offline LevelSteam

New GMK trays?

Nevermind, just found them myself. Oh well, so long as the caps don't get damaged that's the important part to me.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 May 2020, 13:45:45 by LevelSteam »

New GMK trays?

being discussed here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102364.50
relative to many users having keys fall out of the tray during shipping or the tray breaking. Unclear the number it affects, as I assume if you had nothing wrong you probably didn't post a picture of your tray working perfectly...

Offline irad100

Sorry for the ignorance, but I have some questions:
1. What does it mean to wait for extras? Where are they going to be sold?
2. What is the approximate time frame for them to be available? about one month or six months?
3. What should I do if I want to get this set (was not part of the group buy)? Should I just Pre Order the Set from Daily Clack like solomonshv have suggested?

Offline iaman

Sorry for the ignorance, but I have some questions:
1. What does it mean to wait for extras? Where are they going to be sold?
2. What is the approximate time frame for them to be available? about one month or six months?
3. What should I do if I want to get this set (was not part of the group buy)? Should I just Pre Order the Set from Daily Clack like solomonshv have suggested?
1. When the vendors are done fulfilling orders from the group buy phase, they will sell extras that were ordered.
2. Time frame is generally right after fulfillment of GB, so within a month of that.
3. Wait for extras/mechmarket, or if DC is the vendor for your area try through them.

Offline Hell-es

Best is to wait until i got the extra set  :rolleyes: and then put it into the basket

Just stick to this thread and register for your local vendors newsletter

Offline tonyjones

The most amped up set of 2020

Offline wholypantalones

The most amped up set of 2020

Best color matched set of 2021.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
patiently waiting

Haha, GMK seems to be slow now anyway... just need to be patient for a good set to arrive at the door I guess.

Offline treminaor

• KBD67 Kailh BOX Whites | IBM Model M Silver Label
    • Portfolio
Dixie Merch just sent out an update newsletter with no real news for Dracula other than acknowledging the long wait:
GMK Dracula *

In Color Matching Phase

I reached out to GMK asking why these were taking so long and they said they are waiting on two more samples and then they will send them to us.

Offline zian_

• Skinny Legs
Let’s see if we can break a year in color matching