Author Topic: anyone used kprepublic.com  (Read 6916 times)

Offline tjcertified

anyone used kprepublic.com
« on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 21:01:04 »
Has anyone bought from this site: http://kprepublic.com? I usually buy from novelkeys.xyz, but they are out of the kailh thick click navy and this other site says they have them.

Offline HungerMechanic

Re: anyone used kprepublic.com
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 12:47:43 »
KPRepublic is usually a reliable seller. They're downmarket from KBDFans, in the view of many, but they tend to ship their items.

Switches should be relatively easy to get from them.

You might want to buy specifically from KPRepublic's AliExpress store. I have bought keycaps and switches from them there, and they all arrived. AliExpress holds your money in escrow until your product is successfully received.

KBDFans has them in stock also:

https://kbdfans.com/products/novelkeys-x-kailh-box-thick-clicks-navy-jade

They are also on AliExpress.

Offline tjcertified

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 19:19:28 »
U appreciate the feedback, and sent in an order on kbdfans

Offline mrboli

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 02:50:00 »
Just be careful of their PBT caps since they're a bit inconsistent.
Mine are a bit off
KBD67 Zealios V2 65g | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco TKL MX Black | Razer BlackWidow

Offline Iksion

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 08:53:41 »
They are fine. Bought from them both ways: ali and direct.

Offline Handke

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 09:03:26 »
Box switches, retooled or not, destroy gmk keycaps. It has been demonstrated ad nauseam.

Offline YungDaff

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 06:14:40 »
I bough some stuff from their aliexpress shop, everything went fine. I ordered some kailh speed switches, Tai-Hao PBT keycaps and some everglide stabs.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • The sun god and destroyer of worlds
    • My promotion link
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 19:29:21 »
Has anyone bought from this site: http://kprepublic.com? I usually buy from novelkeys.xyz, but they are out of the kailh thick click navy and this other site says they have them.

very reliable and have massive selection. Yes they are okay for a seller

Offline shamsael

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 15:09:19 »
I tried to buy some stuff from them yesterday.  When checking out, their paypal widget failed.  It took my username/password, but the transaction never went through.  24 hours later, I got an email saying someone in Sichuan China successfully logged in with my paypal credentials.

I navigated to paypal on a different device and updated my password, just in case the email was a phish.

Really smells to me like kprepublic is the worst kind of scam.  The kind that probably takes your money and sends you product, but also steals your financial info for their own ends.  We'll see.

Offline Reimu_64

• KeebWorks
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 12:15:31 »
Yes, I bought some of those weird cyberpunk switches and they arrived on time, no issues. And I recently placed an order for a switch tester bed through aliexpress waiting for it to arrive. I'd say they're reputable.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 20:16:53 »
I tried to buy some stuff from them yesterday.  When checking out, their paypal widget failed.  It took my username/password, but the transaction never went through.  24 hours later, I got an email saying someone in Sichuan China successfully logged in with my paypal credentials.

I navigated to paypal on a different device and updated my password, just in case the email was a phish.

Really smells to me like kprepublic is the worst kind of scam.  The kind that probably takes your money and sends you product, but also steals your financial info for their own ends.  We'll see.
Krepublic has been pretty solid and they do way too much business to start scamming people like this.

Sounds like a fishing scam or you got hit by driveby malware (possibly both at once), an ad loaded you with a keylogger or something, I'd start running malware checks on your own machine.   You didn't follow the link in the warning email to change the password did you? Even if you went direct rather than using the email, if that malware was still active you just gave it to them again.

Before you start going nuts, go back and re-read the email and make sure it didn't just say you had authorized payment to someone in China rather than someone logged in from there because they do send these messages.
Filco MJ2 L.E. w/hand milled Vortex case, custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, sound dampened,  Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs | HMMK TKL | Magicforce 68 | YMDK75 | KBT Race S L.E. | Das Pro (Costar model) | GH60 | IBM Model M (x2)

Offline sefixmm

• ISO Lover
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 05:33:57 »
They are ok for me too, made one order and everything was ok :)
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Offline shamsael

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 15:19:41 »

Krepublic has been pretty solid and they do way too much business to start scamming people like this.

Sounds like a fishing scam or you got hit by driveby malware (possibly both at once), an ad loaded you with a keylogger or something, I'd start running malware checks on your own machine.   You didn't follow the link in the warning email to change the password did you? Even if you went direct rather than using the email, if that malware was still active you just gave it to them again.

Before you start going nuts, go back and re-read the email and make sure it didn't just say you had authorized payment to someone in China rather than someone logged in from there because they do send these messages.

1. The header info in the email matches other emails received from paypal
2. Since this wasn't a site i'd ever dealt with, I checked out from an ubuntu vm i use for work rather my own device.  Per company policy, that vm has some antimalware running on it, though I have no idea how strong it is.
3. I emailed the listed webmaster, gorge@kprepublic.com immediately after receiving the PayPal notification to ask them to confirm whether their checkout flow has been compromised, they did not respond.
4. Several days after the purchase, gorge@kprepublic.com sent ME an email saying they were happy with my purchase and asked me to contact them if I had any concerns.  I repeated my original complaint/warning about the paypal issue, and they still haven't responded.
5. I haven't got any tracking information for my order, though they did successfully charge my CC.
6. As I said in my previous message, the situation smelled like phish, and I performed the password change from a different device.  Not the same device i attempted to purchase on, and not the same device I received the email on.  While I was at it, I enabled 2FA on the account as well, and unlinked all of the payment methods temporarily.

I subsequently cancelled that card and got a new one from the bank.  The bank assures me the original charge did go through and the merchant was payed.  I'm not trying to revert this transaction, and they should be payed if they're legit, but I definitely don't want that credit card as a liability after the fact, and I definitely won't ever be doing business with them again.  I really think either their checkout flow, or their company, is compromised.  The paypal form their site directed me to didn't work.  It would be a really crazy coincidence that a paypal account I use maybe 5 times a year happens to get hacked by unrelated actors the day after I tried to use it on a strange website.

Plus, if I had "just gave it to them again", there have been no subsequent sign-on attempts after the first attempt, and no 2FA alerts that would suggest someone trying to log on.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2020, 15:30:11 by shamsael »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 22:21:04 »
The whole point of Paypal is that they only get one part of the info needed to use the data, they only ever saw your email, not the password. Was it odd it was the day after, yes, but it also could have been coincidence, you may have been nailed in the past and only now are they getting around to you. You may want to check https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and see if your were compromised in the past.

I get why you feel they were in on it, to someone who doesn't deal with computer malware on a regular basis it absolutely looks that way, you logged in one day the next day you get a hack attempt, black and white. In the world of computer security that's not how it works, time is irrelevant, it can be days, weeks, months, even years from when your data was stolen to when someone actually uses it.

As for them charging and taking a while to ship, billing is instant and often handled by a 3rd party. Their warehouse however is manned by them and they are really backlogged due to the virus. It's not just them, it's all of China, factories are at 120% capacity trying to catch up.
Filco MJ2 L.E. w/hand milled Vortex case, custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, sound dampened,  Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs | HMMK TKL | Magicforce 68 | YMDK75 | KBT Race S L.E. | Das Pro (Costar model) | GH60 | IBM Model M (x2)