Author Topic: [GB] BMEK - "Alice x HHKB" | In Production  (Read 19664 times)

Offline nathanchere

Re: [GB] BMEK - "Alice x HHKB" | In Production
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 11:35:48 »
They look every bit as stunning as I could have hoped for, great work pulling this all together. Even with the delays it is super impressive. Ladies and gentlemen, this is how you run a group buy.

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 04:01:40 »
They look every bit as stunning as I could have hoped for, great work pulling this all together. Even with the delays it is super impressive. Ladies and gentlemen, this is how you run a group buy.

Thank you, you're too kind!

The first three BMEKs just got delivered to DHL:

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 17:17:18 »
Spot 58 here, crossing fingers for extras

Offline beekey

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 06:25:46 »
Spot 58 here, crossing fingers for extras
I'm even crossing toes. ;) Looks super nice.

Offline gorbachev

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 17:14:23 »
Great updates!

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 03:53:23 »
Just a quick update, since I know not everybody here is also following along on the discord:

There have been some delays over the new years, but things are picking up again.
I've already received the anthracite gray parts, and the remainder of the colors should follow quickly now.
Those in batch 1 who ordered anthracite gray have already be notified about handling shipping, please check your mail :)

Even though I already have some parts for batch 2, I'm prioritizing batch 1 customers, as they have already paid and are waiting - I'm sure everybody understands.

Here is a pic of the anthracite gray with the teal plate, it really looks very close to how it was shown in the renders :)

Offline whezil

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 05:57:54 »
The symmetry of this case is very well thought out, it seems balanced on either half of the board.
Surprisingly it is quite appealing with the left and right control keys removed, I like it.

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 13:07:18 »
Another quick update :) :

Violet
I'm preparing shipping of the batch 1 violet orders this weekend, here some pics of the parts:

It reasonably matches the desired color (Pantone 5115 C: ███), it's a bit brighter, but it has the right hue, containing more red than the first prototype, which went much more towards lavender:

I know it's a bit of a trope, but it really looks even better in person.

Blue

Sadly, the color matching for the blue parts didn't go quite as good. 3DHubs QC caught a significant difference before the parts even got to me.
Below is an image illustrating the mismatch.

It's a little brighter and more saturated than 533C should be, but most of all that shade of blue is just way off.
I know a lot of people ordered the blue BMEK together with Hammerhead (as I advertised it), and I felt it just wouldn't be a good fit, so I asked for the parts to be redone.

Obviously this will take some extra time (expect ~2-3 weeks), but I hope everybody understands why I made this choice instead of just keeping & shipping as is - even if you may have liked the blue as it came out first.