Author Topic: [IC] Primus, by NexusProject.(Prototype Arrived and Final Price Updated)  (Read 46019 times)

Offline clik_clak

I'm glad the entire OP was quoted. It's super hard to go back and just review it!

Offline i luv chuletas

So I know the website shows all of the colors, but are these colors all applicable to any of the materials this comes in?

This might actually be my first 60> love the design cues on it, and the colors that I'd love on a keyb are easily done with this as well.

Offline ilouis_07

• Never Forget Your Origin
    • ILUMKB
update May 25th:
You can fill in our email list to receive the latest Primus updates on time, especially when we announce the GB date:
https://forms.gle/91W42NcFVVMusgaC8

Offline Hongook

Any chance rose gold will be offered like shown in the GMK Olivia themed render? Was hoping that color would be an option and not the current hot pink offering.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
So I know the website shows all of the colors, but are these colors all applicable to any of the materials this comes in?

This might actually be my first 60> love the design cues on it, and the colors that I'd love on a keyb are easily done with this as well.

Brass is brass, stainless steel is stainless steel, all the other colors are aluminum. Yellow and white are through electrophoresis, the others are anodized.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline mudcakehoney

Brass is brass, stainless steel is stainless steel, all the other colors are aluminum. Yellow and white are through electrophoresis, the others are anodized.

Hey Thesis, was there a proto done in the e-yellow at all? Or is it the same yellow as the kn2.10 for reference? Cheers

Offline bobdenard

It would be great to be able to buy an additional top case. Would change the whole vibe of the keyboard without having to buy another full kit.

Offline Lenux

It would be great to be able to buy an additional top case. Would change the whole vibe of the keyboard without having to buy another full kit.

Sadly louis said, we won't be able to buy additional parts else than PCB and plates, because of boxing + shipping issues, sadly.

Offline bobdenard

Sadly louis said, we won't be able to buy additional parts else than PCB and plates, because of boxing + shipping issues, sadly.
Thatís too bad... but I understand, the logistics would be much more complicated.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders

Hey Thesis, was there a proto done in the e-yellow at all? Or is it the same yellow as the kn2.10 for reference? Cheers

We're checking out a new supplier and will be comparing it to the KN2.

We color matched the KN2 e-yellow to the previous manufacturer's color after we switched factories (for the KN2) to be consistent with the early prototypes. For the Primus we're considering toning down the color, but like I said we haven't fully decided yet.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline KaosJ

Maybe missed it, what is the weight of the proto unbuilt with alu weight and with brass weight?

Offline scatology

nevermind
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2020, 07:24:36 by scatology »

Offline CrlaoSvloadr

Re: [IC] Primus, by NexusProject.(Prototype Arrived and Final Price Updated)
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 01:25:40 »
Maybe missed it, what is the weight of the proto unbuilt with alu weight and with brass weight?

For reference, this has a brass weight and what looks to be a brass plate. So exceeding no more than 2475g roughly for an aluminum version. (Switches and stabs considered)
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2020, 01:33:49 by CrlaoSvloadr »

Offline scatology

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 07:24:16 »
edit: nevermind

Offline ghstgrl

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 20:04:50 »
Damn that circuit trace is h o t. Too bad it's just for testing :(. Very tempting though it's hard to justify another 75% :'(
Current: Tokyo60 + GMK Olivia // KUL-ES87 + GMK Oblivion
Soon: Space65 | PC Canoe | Volt