Author Topic: [IC] KAT Comet | GB Live  (Read 75539 times)

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
[IC] KAT Comet | GB Live
« on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 22:49:44 »
GB LIVE

IC Form  Discord
Hello peeps, here I present to you my second keyset-KAT Comet.

The inspiration comes from Hoshimachi Suisei- a Japanese Virtual YouTuber.

More

The pasta that you are looking for-
More
Love the effort behind this set, but come on... another weeb set? This isn't more-so directed to you OP, as the effort behind this is obviously there, and there is thought behind it, but I am sick of the constant IC posts themed after Animes. Its just too much at this point. People gotta tone it down a little with these constant Anime themed keyset posts. Its like every other week another one pops up.

Colours-
PANTONE 533C and PANTONE 290C

14/10/2020- I have been informed that my render's lightblue is not accruate to the colour PANTONE 291C
Me with my partners and friends spend some time together and confirmed that, it is lighter than 291C. We actually liked the contrast better with 290C-which is a lighter blue and is closer to the render, so we chose to go with 290c for the GB, Check the picture below for the real life pantone shoot of the samples from Keyrative and PANTONE Chips.
real life pantone chip shoots with samples

ALL keys with Navy Base with Light Blue Legends Will be GiD blue, samples shoot will be uploaded once Keyrative made the samples.

I replicated the colour used in her offical character setting sheet instead of the live2d model
More

Kits:
TKLs-
More
TKL

ALT TKL

Alphas-
More

Alphas

ALT Alphas

Hiragana

ALT Hiragana

French

North

Colevark+

Mods- 
More
Text mods

Icon mods

40s/Ortho

Ergo

Others-
More
Spacebars

Numpad

ALT Numpad

Novelties(by Ulliam)-

Vendors:
NA: TX Keyboard US
EU: mykeyboard.eu
China: ZFrontier
SEA: Thic Thock
OCE: Escape Keyboard
CA: deskhero.ca

GB Date:2nd November, 2020

Renders(by kingk22)

Feel free to leave a comment below about the colours/ kit layouts/ novelties ...etc (or just post the pasta)
I will get an IC form done in a bit and upload it in the thread.
Join the discord for faster update and responses!

Special Thanks:
OneCreativeMind for allowing me to use his Hiragana alphas files!
Peeps from Thicthock for supporting the project
Kig for being my render slave
mcnos for guiding me to make the kits
Ulliam for the beautiful novelties

NOTICE: This is NOT an offical Hololive merch

Update log:
27/6/2020
-Added Barred and Flat caps to the Alphas and Numpad Kit
-Hiragana monolegends kit now supports JIS (I think)
-added 1.25u shift and ISO enter to french and north kit
-Fixed the length of the shift in UKISO kit

1/7/2020
-GB date announced, no comet is not kil

14/10/2020
-Actual GB date announced, vendors announced, final kits updated.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 November 2020, 13:51:41 by botallu »

Offline HanaDesu

Re: [IC] KAT Comet
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 22:50:13 »
pls gib

Offline bananathock

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 22:50:50 »
NICE! KAT COMET! BEEN WAITING FOR THIS! but honestly, this is such a good colorway combination. I always wanted a kat mizu but named an anime girl.

It really does look great! Looking forward to buying this set.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 June 2020, 23:04:30 by bananathock »

Offline toastyAU

• the breadcat
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 22:53:48 »
OP i hereby offer you my prayers and protection from the incoming kat mizu comments because oh lawd they coming - glwic
Dolphin v3 | En Dash | Hyphen | Isla | Zenith | Jules | HHKB Pro 2

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 22:56:06 »
obligatory "this is just KAT Mizu" comment

Jokes aside, looks great

Offline Tree_

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 22:57:47 »
How does the crown stay on top of the barrette? That seems physically impossible.

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 22:59:05 »
OP i hereby offer you my prayers and protection from the incoming kat mizu comments because oh lawd they coming - glwic
reminds me that I need to address this.
When I was picking colours for the set, I knew it would look like Mizu.
I personally do not own a set or mizu, so what I did is bought some pantone chips and compare it to the renders of mizu on geekhack.
I can't find the pantone mizu used so I don't know if I clashed.
By the renders, my navy is a bit deeper than mizu used and the light blue is lighter. I hope this(and the novelties) is enough to differeciate it from Mizu
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 June 2020, 23:21:25 by botallu »

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 23:03:05 »
waifu

is

trash

but nice set

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 23:27:54 »
How does the crown stay on top of the barrette? That seems physically impossible.
I... uh... kinda don't know

Offline Nyeezy

[IC] KAT Comet
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 23:50:47 »
I’m IN, looks so good!

Edit: have you considered doing an all light blue mod kit? I feel like it would also look good with the darker alpha set. That way you could have two whole sets and swap them
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 June 2020, 23:53:04 by Nyeezy »

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 00:34:41 »
Surprised to see a vtuber set, novelties are pretty nice and cohesive.

Though it seems inevitable people will draw comparisons with Mizu, including myself lol.

Personally find the theme to match this type of colour scheme way better than Mizu. I’ve always associated water nation with light blue and white, but maybe that’s just me.

Anyhow I’m in, Mizu’s alphas are way too dark irl to my liking anyway.

Offline ecbob

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 00:42:17 »
I rather see a lighter dark blue and a darker light blue. The dark blue that's chosen is not saturated for her bold navy. The light blue that's selected is a little bright for her hair.

Offline niakulah

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 01:21:50 »
I'm think I'm going to start commenting this on all keycap ICs that I'm even mildly interested in:

Where's the numpad enter novelty?

Offline ecbob

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 01:36:34 »
Also I think incorporating grey something would be nice since her outfit is primarily grey

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 01:48:21 »
updated with IC form, fixed the alignment of the pantone (sorry for the OCD triggers)

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 01:57:45 »
I rather see a lighter dark blue and a darker light blue. The dark blue that's chosen is not saturated for her bold navy. The light blue that's selected is a little bright for her hair.
I am still considering the colours, I probably will not change the light blue but I might change the navy, let me know in the IC form!

I’m IN, looks so good!

Edit: have you considered doing an all light blue mod kit? I feel like it would also look good with the darker alpha set. That way you could have two whole sets and swap them
I'm afraid that the chances of adding 2 more mod kits is very low, I know the way KAT does moq allows us to run it with many kits, but as the number of kits increases, vendors will have a much harder time sorting out the orders, not to mention Keyrative WAYYY overpackage their kits, so shipping is also a big issue, I will discuss this issue when I have vendors and come back to you

I'm think I'm going to start commenting this on all keycap ICs that I'm even mildly interested in:

Where's the numpad enter novelty?
soon(tm), I actually have an idea for a numpad enter novelty, will contact novelties guy to see if he can do it.

Also I think incorporating grey something would be nice since her outfit is primarily grey
I actually planned to throw some grey into the mods (e.g. esc, enter, spacebar), but when kig makes me render and the effect is really not that great
If you have some ideas how I can incorporating grey into the kits. please let me know in discord or IC form!

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 02:07:53 »
Thank you for the correcting the Pantone picture alignment. It's not not perfect but it's good enough.

Also ~ great ****ing on-screen-Mizu-render-to-physical-Pantone-chip color matching. Mad impressed with picking the exact Pantone of Mizu's modifier color.
Color me ****ing impressed and GLWIC!

Offline Romutulus

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 02:11:11 »
I like this color scheme and the fact that it's in KAT. However, currently the novelties does not particularly stand out for me. Would be nice if you could add something that relates to her character more like being a sociopath and a shotacon. Maybe Tetris?

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 02:34:28 »
I like this color scheme and the fact that it's in KAT. However, currently the novelties does not particularly stand out for me. Would be nice if you could add something that relates to her character more like being a sociopath and a shotacon. Maybe Tetris?
I was going to add an axe and some mysterious structures made by 4 blocks to the novelties, if you joined the discord you might saw me posting some drafts earlier
Decided not to deviate too much, adding personality is one thing, not many people acutally watch Vtubers, let alone Suisei.
Adding those elements you mentioned might make people confuse, I would rather have novelties that relates to her design and theme.
Let me know in the IC if you really want to see them, I might replace some novelties in the purposed kit now.

Also she's not a shotacon, thanks
Thank you for the correcting the Pantone picture alignment. It's not not perfect but it's good enough.

Also ~ great ****ing on-screen-Mizu-render-to-physical-Pantone-chip color matching. Mad impressed with picking the exact Pantone of Mizu's modifier color.
Color me ****ing impressed and GLWIC!

...Thanks?
kek

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 02:38:12 »
Love the effort behind this set, but come on... another weeb set? This isn't more-so directed to you OP, as the effort behind this is obviously there, and there is thought behind it, but I am sick of the constant IC posts themed after Animes. Its just too much at this point. People gotta tone it down a little with these constant Anime themed keyset posts. Its like every other week another one pops up. Pls gib thanks

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 02:43:06 »
Love the effort behind this set, but come on... another weeb set? This isn't more-so directed to you OP, as the effort behind this is obviously there, and there is thought behind it, but I am sick of the constant IC posts themed after Animes. Its just too much at this point. People gotta tone it down a little with these constant Anime themed keyset posts. Its like every other week another one pops up. Pls gib thanks
thanks for making use of the pasta

Offline psxndc

[IC] KAT Comet
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 02:56:21 »
Looks cool. A couple things:

Please provide the row markings for novelties. In the ortho/40s kit, the only 1u options in R2 are ESC and TAB. If there's a 1u novelty for R2, then I don't ask for anything more. If there's not, I'll ask for one because not everybody has TAB or ESC there. Some people have CTRL, Colemak users have BKSP, etc. A 1u novelty there at least allows folks that don't use TAB or ESC to put something besides those.

In the Hiragana kits the dakuten and handakuten are currently connected to a "he" kana. Please consider making them standalone (like this keyboard ) or be connected to an outlined square (like Apple's keyboard) instead of "he." As written, it looks like those keys are only "be" and "pe" respectively, and the dakuten and handakuten can be used with many more kana.

Edited for proofing.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 June 2020, 03:00:55 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 03:32:37 »
vtubers daisuki

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 03:33:54 »
Looks cool. A couple things:

Please provide the row markings for novelties. In the ortho/40s kit, the only 1u options in R2 are ESC and TAB. If there's a 1u novelty for R2, then I don't ask for anything more. If there's not, I'll ask for one because not everybody has TAB or ESC there. Some people have CTRL, Colemak users have BKSP, etc. A 1u novelty there at least allows folks that don't use TAB or ESC to put something besides those.

In the Hiragana kits the dakuten and handakuten are currently connected to a "he" kana. Please consider making them standalone (like this keyboard ) or be connected to an outlined square (like Apple's keyboard) instead of "he." As written, it looks like those keys are only "be" and "pe" respectively, and the dakuten and handakuten can be used with many more kana.

Edited for proofing.
5 4 3 2 1 1 1 from top to bottom.
There is no 1u novelty in the purposed novelties kit now, I will add one in the revised version of the novelties. Thanks for mentioning this.

For the  ゙ and  ゚. My initial plan was to make them standalone. As I am using OCM's hiragana files, I don't feel it's good to alter his work and i should just use it as is.
I will ask OCM if he feels comfortable for me to alter the legends and make them standalone.

Thanks for the feedback

Offline noorejji

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 05:14:46 »
Nice, I get another chance at Katlantis.

Offline BMLN

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 05:33:43 »
exactly the modifier keys in the color I need, interested!

Offline Pyk_

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 07:48:17 »
Nice. I really like a couple of the novelties. And I’m sure you know, but on a few of the ortho 1u keys the text looks too wide and not centered.

Offline FinalEleven

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 08:03:28 »
Psychopath Sui novelties when

Offline ocm

• Formerly OneCreativeMind
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 08:44:07 »
Heya Botallu, hit me up on discord. I worked on a new legend for dakuten and handakuten, and am happy to share it with you.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 09:11:52 »
A couple of comments:

I assume this is done on purpose but why not add the ISO enter and short shift key to the French/North kit? That would make it way easier for people that only need those kits.

There is no 1u novelty in the purposed novelties kit now, I will add one in the revised version of the novelties. Thanks for mentioning this.
As it stands, there is no compatibility in the novelty kit for boards like the Zenith or the J-01 since there is no R2 1u novelties

Also, I see the info on the Hiragana kit, but not on the rest: are you using flat and barred keys or barred and scooped or another combo? This would be for all apha kits and the numpad kit :)

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 11:34:07 »
Psychopath Sui novelties when
no

Nice. I really like a couple of the novelties. And I’m sure you know, but on a few of the ortho 1u keys the text looks too wide and not centered.
It's just KLE, when the kits layouts are solid, the render wont have this issue

A couple of comments:

I assume this is done on purpose but why not add the ISO enter and short shift key to the French/North kit? That would make it way easier for people that only need those kits.

As it stands, there is no compatibility in the novelty kit for boards like the Zenith or the J-01 since there is no R2 1u novelties

Also, I see the info on the Hiragana kit, but not on the rest: are you using flat and barred keys or barred and scooped or another combo? This would be for all apha kits and the numpad kit :)
I.. uh.. just forgot to add those in because I used the KLE mcnos provided me. I made a UKISO kit but didn't go back to add those into the french/north kit. I will fix it tomorrow and update the kle.
Idon't know if I should add full compatibility for those boards, I will need to add 3 for alternating colour and 5 for all navy, but I'm adding r2 1u novelties so I guess I will do it.
when kig feel confortable to do it I will order the renders

they will be barred

Offline KKoNaM

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 12:17:50 »

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 13:02:43 »
As a Hololive fan, I really like this set. The effort invested in the novelties is a really nice touch.

As for the people talking about this being a "Mizu clone," please consider the following:
1.) Different inspiration
2.) Completely different novelties
3.) Different profile
4.) Lacking one of Mizu's 3 main colors (WS1)

Additionally, please use the search feature on this forum and look up SA Flatline.

TL;DR a designer named Mito said he would never run SA Pulse again so someone made a similar (but different) colorway and design in SA for the community since the general idea for the colorway was so popular. Mito cried about it but eventually decided to break the 'promise' he made and ran SA Pulse again.  :)
(I can't possibly contain the full context here, please read the Flatline thread)

IMHO, this set is an even clearer cut case than Flatline was because of the reasons I outlined above. There are so many sets in IC these days that some overlap is to be expected.

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 13:41:57 »
Looks great! I'm proud of you

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 21:39:32 »
Updated 27/6/2020
-Added Barred and Flat caps to the Alphas and Numpad Kit
-Hiragana monolegends kit now supports JIS (I think)
-added 1.25u shift and ISO enter to french and north kit
-Fixed the length of the shift in UKISO kit

Thank you OneCreativeMind for sharing the new  ゙ and  ゚ legends! They will now be connected to a solid line box.
-This change will be reflected when I abuse Kig and get him to make me render.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 June 2020, 21:42:03 by botallu »

Offline harlekein

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 09:03:43 »
First of all, this isn't a Mizu clone. We have now reached the point that any color combination will resemble a previous color combination. So just let it go. No one has copyright on these color schemes.

Second, who cares if the inspiration is weeb. I don't have anything with that either but I like the colors.

To OP, please consider doing Ortho/40s in icon mods and ideally as separate kits. Furthermore, I would like to see 1.5u space keys included.

I love these colors and this would give me the compatibility I need, so I would be absolutely in on this.

Offline jlboi69

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 15:28:18 »
すいちゃんわ。。。きょうもかわいい
Nice work. Will keep an eye on this.

Offline Cal

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 04:02:11 »
It needs more Sui
for someone who has done so much i think she deserves better

*Started with humble Beginnings
* was an independent Vtuber until she joined Hololive
*drew and animated her avatar
*use to handle her own video editing
*Tetris Queen she can read interact with chat while placing blocks down real quickly

Sui has been chasing her dream of becoming an idol on a big stage
she was not pulling the numbers joined Hololive then with those numbers on her 3D Debut stream"that trended worldwide on twitter BTW"                                                                                   

On her debut she had a dream of becoming an Idol who would sing in a big stage
that became true after her 3D debut and she sang and danced live in front of thousands of people and also sung 2 songs she wrote herself.

ANYWAY
TAKE MY MONEY AND CAN WE HAVE AN AXE because Hoshimachi Suisei is a psychopath at times and could we have a artisan!!

i wonder if it could become official!! and i would pay to get Suisei a set as its based on her!!!

Take my money !!! im all in on this one !!!! Hiragana set LETS GOOO

https://cover-corp.com/contact/

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 12:35:18 »
copy pasta from discord:

Hey guys, it has been brought to my attention that some of you want to make KAT Comet an official /approved product of Hololive, and some of you wondering about if it violates the intellectual property rights of Cover Corp./hololive project. Based on my knowledge and the fanart guidelines in Japanese(yes I used my scuffed Japanese and deepl translator), it should be fine as long as I do not promote this as an "official product" made by the said companies.

So, to be sure about this, I've sent an email to Cover Corp. to confirm if I violated any of their rights, if I would need an official license, or I could just proceed with the project as is.

Depending on the response, one of the following events might happen.
1. Set will proceed as is, nothing happens
2. Sets cancelled due to violation of IP rights.
3. I paid for the official license and this will become an approved project
4. Hololive themselves joined the making of the set and this becomes an official merch(unlikely)
5.Sets cancelled due to I'm too broke for license
6.sui chan doesn't like it so sets cancelled
7.idk maybe I died of stroke tmr

I'll try my best to be as transparent on this as I can, I will post an update when I HAVE an update

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
Re: [IC] KAT Comet | Last updated: 6/27
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 20:51:39 »
I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline harlekein

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 04:44:31 »
copy pasta from discord:

Hey guys, it has been brought to my attention that some of you want to make KAT Comet an official /approved product of Hololive, and some of you wondering about if it violates the intellectual property rights of Cover Corp./hololive project. Based on my knowledge and the fanart guidelines in Japanese(yes I used my scuffed Japanese and deepl translator), it should be fine as long as I do not promote this as an "official product" made by the said companies.

So, to be sure about this, I've sent an email to Cover Corp. to confirm if I violated any of their rights, if I would need an official license, or I could just proceed with the project as is.

Depending on the response, one of the following events might happen.
1. Set will proceed as is, nothing happens
2. Sets cancelled due to violation of IP rights.
3. I paid for the official license and this will become an approved project
4. Hololive themselves joined the making of the set and this becomes an official merch(unlikely)
5.Sets cancelled due to I'm too broke for license
6.sui chan doesn't like it so sets cancelled
7.idk maybe I died of stroke tmr

I'll try my best to be as transparent on this as I can, I will post an update when I HAVE an update

Why would you do this? Like all other kit runners, just say "inspired by" and avoid any actual copyright infringment with naming/novelties.

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 06:42:00 »

Why would you do this? Like all other kit runners, just say "inspired by" and avoid any actual copyright infringment with naming/novelties.
Blink.

Offline Globalnet

Re: [IC] KAT Comet | Last updated: 6/27
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 23:42:39 »
I'd love for this to get some official recognition, maybe even send her a set to use!
Signatures in 2020? More likely than you think.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 16:55:32 »
By the renders, my navy is a bit deeper than mizu used and the light blue is lighter. I hope this(and the novelties) is enough to differeciate it from Mizu

My Ignorant Zealotry Understated, Must I Zigzag Underhandedly? Of course not! Now, color comparisons will be unavoidable; novelties in your IC are different enough to drive the point home, though, so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

With that said, I have a few quick comments on the kits, as they stand now:

- Moving the R4 `~ keycaps (alpha-colored and mod-colored) from both alpha kits to the mods kits was an astute decision... but needs to be done with the 1.5U R3 \| keycap(s) as well: right now, only the dark blue version is present in either mod kit.

- R4 1U \| keycaps are missing in both alphas kits.

- Hiragana and alt Hiragana kits provide vertical ("ISO") Enter keys, but I think a 1.25U left Shift should be provided, too. Remember some users will need to move the keycap to the <> position because of the way the PCBs are made.

- F1..F4 and F9..F12 in dark blue should be available as well. If a user went with "alt alphas" or "alt hiraganas", he or she would have an entirely dark blue keyboard, except for those eight function keys.

- All the non-USA kits provide for vertical Enter keys (and 1.25U left Shift keys, except the Hiragana ones), but I wonder if it would be best to simply add one and one to each mods kit.

- French, North and UK ISO are missing AltGr (but consider adding it on the mods kits).

- UK ISO: add R2 \| there and make it UK+US ("English") ISO.

- French: the specs for French layouts actually mandate the accented letters be presented in lowercase: éèçàù, but you have them in uppercase... with the notable exception of ç instead of Ç. Choose one or the other (uppercase, to stick it to the Frenchies!!!  :)) ), but be consistent.

GLWIC!

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
Re: [IC] KAT Comet | GB Oct 2020 | Last updated: 7/1
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 06:35:47 »
apolgy for bad english
where were you wen comet die
i was at house eating dorito when phone ring
"comet is kil"
"no."

jk, GB is scheduled Oct 2020

Offline Chuttau

• Formerly botallu
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 06:39:00 »

My Ignorant Zealotry Understated, Must I Zigzag Underhandedly? Of course not! Now, color comparisons will be unavoidable; novelties in your IC are different enough to drive the point home, though, so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

With that said, I have a few quick comments on the kits, as they stand now:

- Moving the R4 `~ keycaps (alpha-colored and mod-colored) from both alpha kits to the mods kits was an astute decision... but needs to be done with the 1.5U R3 \| keycap(s) as well: right now, only the dark blue version is present in either mod kit.

- R4 1U \| keycaps are missing in both alphas kits.

- Hiragana and alt Hiragana kits provide vertical ("ISO") Enter keys, but I think a 1.25U left Shift should be provided, too. Remember some users will need to move the keycap to the <> position because of the way the PCBs are made.

- F1..F4 and F9..F12 in dark blue should be available as well. If a user went with "alt alphas" or "alt hiraganas", he or she would have an entirely dark blue keyboard, except for those eight function keys.

- All the non-USA kits provide for vertical Enter keys (and 1.25U left Shift keys, except the Hiragana ones), but I wonder if it would be best to simply add one and one to each mods kit.

- French, North and UK ISO are missing AltGr (but consider adding it on the mods kits).

- UK ISO: add R2 \| there and make it UK+US ("English") ISO.

- French: the specs for French layouts actually mandate the accented letters be presented in lowercase: éèçàù, but you have them in uppercase... with the notable exception of ç instead of Ç. Choose one or the other (uppercase, to stick it to the Frenchies!!!  :)) ), but be consistent.

GLWIC!
the pipe keys will be added when I order photorealistic renders for every kits, thank you for letting me know

I am considering moving the UKISO kit with the mods, so I can remove the ISO keys in all the language kits, will have a decision on it and update soon.

Navy F1..F4 and F9..F12 are also the thing I missed, they will 100% be added to the alt alphas

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 07:40:50 »
KAT Mizu comments are incoming, but what these two sets share in common, they also share in differences. Mizu has more contrast, this is more subdued.

Offline lunr

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 22:02:32 »
I like it but I wish there was more creativity with this set like incorporating tetris, anemachi, her psychopathic personality (her axe) to name a few. Maybe more can be done with the novelties as well instead of focusing on stars.

Offline Cal

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 05:14:47 »
Any update on these Lovely keycaps
i got lost in the discord server.......

I live under a Rock and want to buy or help to get this set off the ground

Thankyou

Offline baysic

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 22:38:46 »
Love the alt alpha set, looks like calm depths set.
Will be joining after lived, very nicely done.