Author Topic: [IC] GMK Shanshui 山水 - RAMA Artisans Posted!  (Read 12354 times)

Offline perry4761

Re: [IC] GMK Shanshui 山水 - GB Date set, New Collabs
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 12:37:23 »
Another banger collaboration by Nathan. I didn’t think I would be joining any GMK set until Polybius, yet here we are! Amazing set, props to both of you for this. I will definitely be in on this!
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 September 2020, 20:30:09 by perry4761 »
Mechs are not a hobby, they're a god damn addiction.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 16:28:48 »
Finally <3 This set couldnt be more perfect.

Offline violeaf

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 17:29:57 »
The set itself looks great, I'd join the GB just for the Chinese legends.

However when making the connection to Chinese watercolour art, it feels slightly forced to me I'm afraid. The art is characterised by the gradient of colours and impressionism (especially landscape), solid dark doesn't say that for me.

I'd say it could be more associated with Chinese calligraphy if anything

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 13:29:56 »
Couple of minor updates:

• Artwork submitted to Rama. They're checking the detail on one imprint to make sure their system can handle the detail and then we're ready to rock. I think you'll love them.
  • We're pleased to add Sodiecaps, Fraktal Kaps, and newcomer Froue Loop to the mix as artisan collabs. (Check out @froueloop on IG when it's not down :()
  • Luxe and I are working on a really unique cable concept. I'm mailing him some stuff for a prototype. Can't wait to show you.
  • I want to post deskmats, but I'd also like to wait to do so until we can use them in some scene renders. Trying to decide but it will be next week at the earliest. I think you'll dig them.
  • Nathan is hard at work on scene renders, including those with deskmats. However, I think he deserves a break and a little time to bask in the glory of GMK Ursa, his own debut keyset, shipping. It's an absolutely gorgeous set. Even better than the renders. I'll see you on the battlefield as we all hunt extras from Kono and Candykeys.
  • I miiiiiiight be working on a Discord server (?)

That's it love Grundle

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 13:30:54 »
Finally <3 This set couldnt be more perfect.

That means a lot coming from you, brother. Blacklight is NUTS! I love the deskmats Sour did too.

Offline SMOKEY

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 17:27:55 »
Hey bro.
You already know I love these awesome pieces of plastic.
Post the Mats here, they are literally perfect.
Cheers

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 07:14:16 »
Hey bro.
You already know I love these awesome pieces of plastic.
Post the Mats here, they are literally perfect.
Cheers

I wanna! But I want to finish board renders with the mats first. Hey, how about Ramas? Y’all wanna see those?

Offline leexy

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 09:54:09 »
very nice. i'm in.

Offline grundlemere

Re: [IC] GMK Shanshui 山水 - RAMA Artisans Posted!
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 14:56:51 »
Just got the RAMAs in, everyone. Took a little while to do a simple scene render on parchment and brand them and here they are. Go check the start of the thread for details on all three caps.

Offline Hesi

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 16:52:40 »
If/When this is up I'm at minimum in for 2/3 Ramas (山, 水) and novelties. looking good!

Offline seulji

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 18:15:00 »
Soooo good. Those monolegends are very clean.

Offline santela

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 09:12:18 »
Wow the chop artisan looks great, and perfect for a Chinese theme. I love the idea but I wish you would have adopted a different Chinese last name, such as mine: 曹 lol so I can have my own last name on an artisan. I can only imagine how cool that would be.

Offline santela

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 09:28:50 »
Something I have noticed is that the traditional mod still uses 《》, but if I'm not mistaken, I think traditional users (mostly Taiwan HK and Macau) do not use these signs? They are specifically for book or article titles, and in traditional Chinese I think they all use 『』instead. I don't know where these two go on a board (for Japanese they are the same keys as the bracket keys), and it is probably better to check with a traditional Chinese typist, but just thought that might be something to be considered in order to be more functional with the traditional set.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2020, 09:31:03 by santela »

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 19:53:31 »
Something I have noticed is that the traditional mod still uses 《》, but if I'm not mistaken, I think traditional users (mostly Taiwan HK and Macau) do not use these signs? They are specifically for book or article titles, and in traditional Chinese I think they all use 『』instead. I don't know where these two go on a board (for Japanese they are the same keys as the bracket keys), and it is probably better to check with a traditional Chinese typist, but just thought that might be something to be considered in order to be more functional with the traditional set.

Thanks for pointing that out, and someone in the IC form also told us so. It's only because I'm ignorant of Traditional Chinese punctuation as I learned in the mainland. It's fortunate because these legends are actually set on different keys, so we will plan to update the legends to include them appropriately, among other kit changes we plan to make after collecting feedback. You're the first person to bring it up on the forum, though, so here's a note to anyone wondering! Yes, we will add 「 」TC quotation marks to the [] keys.

And as far as a RAMA for your surname...if you can get MOQ together for a RAMA order, go for it!

Offline santela

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 21:49:28 »

Thanks for pointing that out, and someone in the IC form also told us so. It's only because I'm ignorant of Traditional Chinese punctuation as I learned in the mainland. It's fortunate because these legends are actually set on different keys, so we will plan to update the legends to include them appropriately, among other kit changes we plan to make after collecting feedback. You're the first person to bring it up on the forum, though, so here's a note to anyone wondering! Yes, we will add 「 」TC quotation marks to the [] keys.

And as far as a RAMA for your surname...if you can get MOQ together for a RAMA order, go for it!

Haha, that probably means I'll have to buy all the MOQ myself  :-X

Offline phat schlong

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 21:35:08 »
Love the Rama cap designs