Poll

What type of options are you interested in?

lternate Orange G & H keys
25 (10.4%)
range GeekHack Key
44 (18.3%)
lternate Orange WASD keys
43 (17.8%)
lternate Control/Capslock key
43 (17.8%)
lternate OS Key(meta)
58 (24.1%)
nternational Keys(Specify in thread)
11 (4.6%)
eys for other keyboards(Specify in thread)
11 (4.6%)
ther(Specify in thread)
6 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Author Topic: 104 US ANSI Double shot replacements for Filco Order  (Read 295412 times)

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

104 US ANSI Double shot replacements for Filco Order
« Reply #850 on: Sat, 20 November 2010, 04:08:24 »
Quote from: fssbzz;249577
i can help you get some before i go back to singapore, i will be flying to Msia for chinese year too.
u have to pay for the poslaju = =

How much bro :typing:

I would only need 1.
"So long as we do not depend on the facts entirely, incomplete knowledge is better than complete ignorance."

:bounce:

Current gaming keyboard: Ducky DK-9008 with Cherry Beige/White doubleshots (Cherry Mx Brown)

For my 2nd pc: Cherry G80-1095 HAU Revision 00 (Cherry Mx Black)

Dye subbed keys harvested from NCR 3299-k440-v001 G80-3007 SAU. Casing donated to Mike.
[/FONT]

Free mechanical keyboard + other gear click here![/color]

Offline fssbzz

« Reply #851 on: Sat, 20 November 2010, 04:21:02 »
Quote from: Moogle Stiltzkin;249612
How much bro :typing:

I would only need 1.

i will let you know before i go back or when i got my air ticket.

Offline Zen

« Reply #852 on: Sat, 20 November 2010, 06:43:09 »
Ah... Much better !

Used to be :
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 November 2010, 06:49:29 by Zen »

Offline nanu

• http://T-T.be/portal
« Reply #853 on: Sat, 20 November 2010, 18:23:34 »
before

after

Offline RoboKrikit

« Reply #854 on: Sat, 20 November 2010, 18:59:56 »
I don't know what sort of keyboard that is, but I like it.
Lovely day for a GUINNESS

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #855 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 00:19:58 »
My keycaps arrived !!!

Funny cause the tracker said its in transit from newyork :X but no up dates since then

*face palm

anyway looking and feeling it, i am quite impressed with them.

However i can see they are pretty thin :x You could easily crush one with your i would think.

The geekhack key isn't as ugly as i thought it would be. I may even just use it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 November 2010, 00:27:45 by Moogle Stiltzkin »
"So long as we do not depend on the facts entirely, incomplete knowledge is better than complete ignorance."

Current gaming keyboard: Ducky DK-9008 with Cherry Beige/White doubleshots (Cherry Mx Brown)

Dye subbed keys harvested from NCR 3299-k440-v001 G80-3007 SAU. Casing donated to Mike.
[/FONT]

Offline fssbzz

« Reply #856 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 00:36:16 »
grats..

now....
wait for your keyboard.. lol
so you can put those key cap on~

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #857 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 00:38:04 »
Yeah im sorting the keys now to get a good look at them :X

Looking at the font, their not ugly at all !!! im pretty happy i decided to get these :D

[/FONT]

Offline msiegel

« Reply #858 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 00:53:21 »
note to self: stick with dye-sub pbt.

no lazer otaku

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline fssbzz

« Reply #859 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 00:54:21 »
Quote from: msiegel;250435
note to self: stick with dye-sub pbt.

no lazer otaku

but those are blank cap, I'm wondering how those key wear without coating.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #860 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 01:05:20 »
Ok i've sorted them all out in proper order. All keys accounted for.

Couldn't test type them cause my cherry keyboard hasn't arrived yet :/

But i can say that i really like the dolche color scheme. And people who thought that big font = ugly; well i can say they are wrong. Close up it's very nice :D

The pictures don't do them justice :X

All the letterings are crisp and clear; very easy to make out.

The diamond extra keys are good replacements for the windows, however i like the windows keys so i will stick to those instead.

Anyway kudos again to whiterice for doing this MO. It was a great success :D

*update

Regarding the dolche color; it's really good. The black and white keys; and the grey with white is a nice contrast rather than just sticking with just one color only. Because if you did the keyboard the same color, it looks really boring.

Also the wasd orange is very nice especially if your a gamer. The color of the orange isn't as terrible as the one in the first post of the thread. That camera shot was not good :X Anyway the only thing i wish it had was the arrow keys below the wasd. But this is a minor thing i could live without. But maybe in a future MO they really should consider having it.

Anyway this is my ratings

Font: 10/10 (for those skeptical of the big font, it looks really great up close in person. The contrast is excellent, i can make out the letterings quite easily even though i have bad eye sight.)

Color Scheme: 10/10 (excellent dolche color scheme with orange colored WASD)

Thickness: 5/10 (kinda thin)

Extras: 8/10 (1 x big control key, 2 x diamond keys, 1 x geekhack key; 1 x stepped capslock key. The geekhack key doesn't look as ugly as i thought it would be. Nice keycap puller with the wordings "wanna switch?")

Sculpture type DCS family: Pending (haven't installed to test yet. But looking at it, i think it would feel/look good if the ducky is set to incline rather than remain flat. I will report back next month on my review of it)

Texture: 10/10 (Has some grainy smoothness which you can see and feel on touch. You can't feel out the letterings at all which is nice. )
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 November 2010, 03:43:41 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #861 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 01:09:39 »
I have yet to receive mine :(
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #862 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 01:26:27 »
Somebody just asked me how compatible these doubleshot set is with a Steelseries 7G.

Here is the SG 7G picture

Comparing it and my doubleshot set, the differences are

On the steelseries 7G:

1. the enter is a J shape.

2. the key labelled "\|" above the enter is a smaller sized keycap.

3. Also smaller backspace

So these are the only 3 differences between the steelseries and my doubleshot set.

With that in mind

J-shaped Enter $8.49
    2 Blank character keys $0.42

So the solution if you got this doubleshot set, is to get 2 blank character keys; and 1 j shaped enter. But would you want the backspace and the "\|" to be blank ??

:x

So maybe for a future MO, should consider items number 2 and 3 as optional keys for compatibility with other keyboards. The J shape is already offered :X so no problem there.

PS: so square gets his ducky first; and i get my keycaps first. The irony @_@:
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 November 2010, 01:28:49 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #863 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 04:41:19 »
I've just received a delivery note.
Will collect it form the post office tomorrow.
Will be enjoying my double shot tomorrow.

Now I'll have my Filco, Ducky and 6Gv2 to enjoy :)
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
« Reply #864 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 07:21:39 »
Still nothing here in Germany. The tracking still claims them to be in New York :baby:

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #865 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 12:54:24 »
Quote from: sixty;250513
Still nothing here in Germany. The tracking still claims them to be in New York :baby:

Didn't get mine too.

But that's OK, because it's all for our safety:
The bomb-squad searches every single package. :boom:
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline wap32

« Reply #866 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 13:15:50 »
Well, just got the keys today (actually, they arrived last Friday).
For some reason USPS tracking still says the package is in transit...

The keys definitely feel great, and the texture is pretty cool as well.
I don't know if someone else already noticed, but the blank intl. keys should be 3rd and 4th row instead of 2nd and 3rd. Not a big deal though.

It's too bad it's not fully compatible with my MX11800 (space bar and mod keys).
Depending on how much I'll get used to the white/grey/black cherry/SP mix, I might sell my set.

Offline AvroArrow

« Reply #867 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 15:38:39 »
Quote from: 7bit;248779
You make me feel guilty. Living so close to the factory and getting them last must hurt.

:shocked:

It does suck, especially since I live about 1hr drive away from the factory.  And I was right, the guys in Singapore did get theirs before me.  lol.  Now I just have to wait for the guys in Germany to get theirs and then maybe I'll get mine by the end of this week... hopefully.  I think the delay is Canada Customs fault because on trackable packages I've had before it usually takes 1-3 days to get to the border, sits in Customs for 1-2 weeks (I've had it sit there for 6 weeks once), then it's released to Canada Post for delivery the next day.  And most of the time I don't get taxed/pkg not opened either, it just sits in a queue at Customs for evaluation/inspection.  

Offline WhiteRice

« Reply #868 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 15:58:47 »
Hey guys, with the intl booster pack, give me until after Thanksgiving. So basically I need to get a blank for the 4th row and ship them out.

Offline JBert

« Reply #869 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 16:03:51 »
Take your time.

Your effort is well appreciated!
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline Zen

« Reply #870 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 16:11:21 »
Quote from: WhiteRice;250770
Hey guys, with the intl booster pack, give me until after Thanksgiving. So basically I need to get a blank for the 4th row and ship them out.

??

As far as I'm concerned you don't need to do anything,
the deal was for a ANSI-set ...
(A ISO-pack would have been nice but also a bit expensive I think)

Offline wap32

« Reply #871 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 16:17:43 »
Quote from: JBert;250773
Take your time.

Your effort is well appreciated!

Indeed.
Throughout the whole process WhiteRice has been nothing short of awesome.

Offline nanu

• http://T-T.be/portal
some observations
« Reply #872 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 16:53:38 »
I wish the keycaps were more refined. I guess as long as I'm living in this world I will always have to accept imperfections as character-defining rather than defect. Like others, I would have liked the keycaps to be thicker. Anyhow, here are some things I noticed, followed by my preferences:
  • Marks (sprue marks?) at front wall. Should be at the back wall
  • Context menu key graphic is relatively huge. Should be smaller (I guess the excuse is that it's so detailed)
  • Diamond key labels are centered horizontally, unlike other thumb key labels. Should left align those, centered in the region occupied by the winflag logo
  • 1234567890 keys' normal and shifted labels are relatively left aligned while being left aligned. Punctuation keys' normal and shifted labels are relatively centered while being left aligned. Prefer the rule for punctuation keys
  • Enter key label is doubly thick all around (the arrow, and text. I guess this key is quite important). It's noticeable vs. right Shift key. Should be consistent with other key labels
  • '" key label is bigger than ;: . Reassess the relative sizing and styling for all punctuation keys
  • Horizontal lines in -_ and =+ are all crooked. Make them not crooked
Other thoughts:
  • I don't know about the Dolch color scheme, but I wanted the grey to have been darker, at least as dark as the average of the two-tones
  • "Back Space" (would have preferred Backspace, or even BackSpace)
  • Thumb key "Control" keys would've been fine labeled as Ctrl (see other keys that are abbreviated [e.g., Alt, which is two keys over]). More consistent to relative key size. The caps lock Control key would've been more distinct this way.
There's a lack of tweaks on letter keys, but I guess this strays more toward typography, which I know nothing about.
  • The "J" (which is effectively a circumcised "U") by weight appears offset to the right, although geometrically centered. Nudge it left a hair
    This isn't really fair since I'm biased on QWERTY and it's only noticeable since "J" is directly below "U," so this wouldn't be applicable to say, "L"
  • "O" too small. Should like good fonts extend above and below other block letters' boundaries, ever so slightly; not doing so makes it look smaller. For an example of what I mean, check out the bottom edges of the "e" and "d" of the Fedex logo

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #873 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 17:26:22 »
Quote from: nanu;250802
I wish the keycaps were more refined. I guess as long as I'm living in this world I will always have to accept imperfections as character-defining rather than defect. Like others, I would have liked the keycaps to be thicker.

You and me both :X Thickness seems to be something most will agree could be better.

Anyhow, here are some things I noticed, followed by my preferences:
  • Marks (sprue marks?) at front wall. Should be at the back wall
Whats a spruce mark ? Do you mean the slight chips on the underside of the keycap as if it was removed from another piece of plastic ? I see them on some of the keys :X but when installed i doubt they will be visible.

• Context menu key graphic is relatively huge. Should be smaller (I guess the excuse is that it's so detailed)
Actually i really liked the context menu key. Looks really good to me.

• Diamond key labels are centered horizontally, unlike other thumb key labels. Should left align those, centered in the region occupied by the winflag logo
I see what you mean, however i think the diamond centered is fine.

• 1234567890 keys' normal and shifted labels are relatively left aligned while being left aligned. Punctuation keys' normal and shifted labels are relatively centered while being left aligned. Prefer the rule for punctuation keys
Looks fine to me

• Enter key label is doubly thick all around (the arrow, and text. I guess this key is quite important). It's noticeable vs. right Shift key. Should be consistent with other key labels
I saw the difference in font thickness between the enter and shift like you mentioned as well (slightly). However i think it's alright. Shift, ctrl, alt, caps lock, tab all seem to have the same thickness. The enter was probably so slightly more thicker to accentuate it since it's so oftenly used. If the right shift was thicker than the left shift i would probably call foul, but since the enter is a single unique key i don't think it really mattered :X the thickness is just slightly so anywayz.

• '" key label is bigger than ;: . Reassess the relative sizing and styling for all punctuation keys
Yet again i notice the difference in thickness. Out of all of your observations, this one seems the most discernable because the contrast between the ;: and ' " in thickness is noticeable. Still i can live with that.

• Horizontal lines in -_ and =+ are all crooked. Make them not crooked

I see the crookedness you speak off. But to be fair it's hardly noticeable.

Other thoughts:
  • I don't know about the Dolch color scheme, but I wanted the grey to have been darker, at least as dark as the average of the two-tones
The dolche as it is seems fine to me.

• "Back Space" (would have preferred Backspace, or even BackSpace)
Is fine as is.

• Thumb key "Control" keys would've been fine labeled as Ctrl (see other keys that are abbreviated [e.g., Alt, which is two keys over]). More consistent to relative key size. The caps lock Control key would've been more distinct this way.

Looks just fine to me. I'm more use to keys with ctrl text, but the control looks just fine.

• The "J" (which is effectively a circumcised "U") by weight appears offset to the right, although geometrically centered. Nudge it left a hair
    This isn't really fair since I'm biased on QWERTY and it's only noticeable since "J" is directly below "U," so this wouldn't be applicable to say, "L"
  • "O" too small. Should like good fonts extend above and below other block letters' boundaries, ever so slightly; not doing so makes it look smaller. For an example of what I mean, check out the bottom edges of the "e" and "d" of the Fedex logo

Looks all fine as is to me.

anyway good observations, made me look at the keyset once more. However overall i say i'm still pretty satisfied with it :}

PS: the f and J keys have the dibs on it and the numpad number 5 has a nipple dib :X
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 November 2010, 17:41:43 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline panda-R

« Reply #874 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 18:31:32 »
Quote from: Moogle Stiltzkin;250812

PS: the f and J keys have the dibs on it and the numpad number 5 has a nipple dib :X

mmmm nipple.... mmmm
DO YOU FEEL THE BEAT? I DO.
One Keyboard to DOOM them all, REALFORCE.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #875 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 19:41:20 »
Font poliece o_o: ??? There is an RIAA equivalent for fonts ? those patent owners must be billionaires or something.

Anyway i honestly don't see whats wrong with the backspace :X

Do you mean the arrow is too close or the back and space has a gap between ?
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 November 2010, 19:50:19 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline WhiteRice

« Reply #876 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 19:42:32 »
The k is obviously jealous of the close relationship the S and p have.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #877 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 02:03:08 »
@Moogle Stiltzkin : May I ask if you bought this double-shot and Ducky PBT, won't it render one set a waste?
Which would u use?

I'm still deciding whether to buy more Ducky but couldn't decide whether PBT is worth the money.

Offline laden3

« Reply #878 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 02:22:29 »
Quote from: squarebox;251059
@Moogle Stiltzkin : May I ask if you bought this double-shot and Ducky PBT, won't it render one set a waste?
Which would u use?

I'm still deciding whether to buy more Ducky but couldn't decide whether PBT is worth the money.

Asking why do u need more than 1 set of keycaps is liek asking why do u need more than 1 keyboard >.<
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #879 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 02:24:47 »
double shot since i got to assess the keys in person already. If i didn't like them, i could have easily have sold them off.

I'll try out the lasered pbt first however when kb arrives. I'll have to keep the 4 media keys of course, and the special keys with the led lighting (unless somebody knows how to mod the doubleshots to add a see through plastic strip for the led light to show through :/ )

Filco would have had a better look because the lighting for when caps lock activates etc is not integrated directly into the key, but it doesn't have the cherry stabilizers which i need after all. I accidentally broke a stabilizer key on one of my spare rubberdome keyboards, so i got an idea how tricky it could be removing/reinstalling the stabilizer keys on say a Filco.

Anyway don't you already have a Ducky ? Why order another one :/

PS: i'm not selling my pbt keycaps if thats what your asking me :p
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 November 2010, 02:36:40 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #880 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 02:26:28 »
Quote from: laden3;251064
Asking why do u need more than 1 set of keycaps is liek asking why do u need more than 1 keyboard >.<

I was gonna say that :peep:

Anyway i would have to say i was curious to find out the difference between the 2.

The font small vs big; lasered vs doubleshot; different color scheme; abs vs pbt. Same reason why people on Gh bought a few kbs :X to try them out.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 November 2010, 02:32:14 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline Lanx

« Reply #881 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 02:59:17 »
these cherry keycaps just feel low quality compared to basic stock g80 cherry keycaps. it's like if you take a signature keycap and bend it, i bet i'd snap in half (with just your fingers).

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #882 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 03:38:51 »
Quote from: laden3;251064

I have more than one keyboard but i use them all...
6Gv2 for work
Filco for my desktop
Ducky for my deskbound laptop

@Moogle Stiltzkin : I'm not interested in buying PBT as I already have KBC PBT keycaps.
I'm just asking because I have no idea what to do with any more extra keycaps as currently in use keycaps will last a long long time regardless of material.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 November 2010, 03:43:49 by squarebox »

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #883 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 03:50:16 »

So basically your just trolling :bolt:

But in case your not, just sell them or keep them. Your choice :x You never know but you could use them for a new keyboard in the future.

A better question would be why did keyboardlover order this set when he has a topre keyboard that isn't compatible with them :rofl:
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 November 2010, 03:56:03 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #884 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 03:59:45 »
I'm just asking for an honest opinion.
I asking because you are the only person, I know of with 2 set of perfect good keycaps with one keyboard.

I didn't know that was trolling, I'm truly sorry.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 November 2010, 04:02:08 by squarebox »

Offline Kairxa

« Reply #885 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 05:07:23 »
There there, stop having your lovey dovey quarrel in here. Do it in somewhere else.

Offline Parak

« Reply #886 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 07:26:55 »
Quote from: Kairxa;251078
There there, stop having your lovey dovey quarrel in here. Do it in somewhere else.

:spit:

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
Got mine today! All glories to WhiteRice!
« Reply #887 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 07:53:40 »

I'm glad there are no bite marks from the bomb-squad dogs.

Keys feel similar to IBM caps. In comparison to good old Cherry double shots, they feel as light as air, so don't open a window when changing keys!

Thank you very, very much for letting this come true!

All glories to WhiteRice!
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline Megaweapon

« Reply #888 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 08:22:11 »
I don't know about the Dolch color scheme, but I wanted the grey to have been darker, at least as dark as the average of the two-tones

I strongly disagree.  As I stated upthread:  If the gray was darker it would make the set look cheap -- as if you hadn't actually shelled out to replace the (essentially black at that point) keys.
Ancer Research Groop DFK191ABA11 IBM Model M13 Part 92G7461 (white) Rosewill RK-9000
Matias Tactile Pro 3 Apple Extended Keyboard II (ALPS)
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline Lanx

« Reply #889 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 08:30:36 »
i've been trying this, basically i've inverted the bottom row to the top home row, and it has a nice "slant" i guess almost like a kinesis kind of feel? though i don't have one

here's a side view to see the profile. feels nice
now of course this looks EXTREMELY wacky and you can't use this unless you touch type.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #890 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 08:40:19 »
Thanks WhiteRice for this

Opinion:
They really awesome but there's still room for improvement.
Some of the key's lettering are offset too much to the left. (too close to the edge)
Love the reduce height. Feels nicer to type on.

Side notes:
My Cherry MX Blue sound less high pitch than before.

Offline RoboKrikit

« Reply #891 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 10:58:39 »
Quote from: squarebox;251140
Some of the key's lettering are offset too much to the left. (too close to the edge)

I think the light might be playing tricks on your eyes.  I thought the same thing the first night I had my set on, but it only looks this way with uneven lighting like side lighting.  Because the letters are directly in the center, the gradient caused by the light makes it look like the letters are off-center; in my case they looked like they were offset too much to the right.

If I put them directly under the light, I can see that all of the letters are well-centered.
Lovely day for a GUINNESS

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #892 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 11:18:27 »
The alphabet key are normal to me.
It keys like Control, Alt, Shift, F-keys and etc made too close to the left edge.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #893 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 11:47:23 »
aren't those ctrl/alt keys supposed to be offcentered left?

Offline AvroArrow

« Reply #894 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 21:08:51 »
Woohoo!  Mine arrived today and I just finished installing them on my Filco tenkeyless blue.  I like the rougher texture and higher bump on the F,J,5 keys compared to the stock Filco keys.  It's just as loud  but the tone of the clicks are a bit lower than stock.  I'm happy.  BTW, thanks to whoever it was who suggested the tip on using scotch tape on the hole of the stem on the back of the keycap as extra padding so the switch stem fits more snug on the loose ones.  I had to tape the Left Shift and Backspace keys because the white D-ring/wire-loop  things kept falling out.  The Enter, Right Shift, and Space bar fit fine without tape.  I also managed to fit almost all the numpad keycaps on my Filco 22-key numpad except for the "0" and "00" keys.  For some inexplicable reason they rotated those 2 switches 90* from the rest so the switch was offset to the right a bit, just enough to prevent the wide "0/Ins" doubleshot from fitting because it rammed into the "./Del" key.  Oh well, it wasn't really meant to replace that anyway.  

Oh, and a BIG THANK YOU to WhiteRice for organizing this group buy AND shipping it international to those of us who don't reside in the U.S..  On another forum I frequent, I miss a lot of good deals and group buys because the sellers/organizers are unwilling to deal with the hassle of shipping stuff out of country.  I really appreciate your efforts!

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #895 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 23:07:07 »
Quote from: Lanx;251242
aren't those ctrl/alt keys supposed to be offcentered left?

Yup but they are offset too far left that the letters are very close to the edge.
Compared it with ur stock keycaps than you will see it.

Offline qlojolp

« Reply #896 on: Wed, 24 November 2010, 04:44:33 »
Got them yesterday,
Thanks to WhiteRice!

Installed on a Ducky 1087.

Another view.

Offline woebtz

• http://www.headcasegames.com
Geekhack!
« Reply #897 on: Wed, 24 November 2010, 13:46:01 »
Installed them last night! Thanks WR!

Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless CB, Apple Wired Keyboard, MS Comfort Curve 2000, Belkin n52te,
RollerMouse Pro, Ergonomic Touchpad, Magic Trackpad, Kensington Expert, Orbit Trackball w/ Scroll, IBM Scrollpoint III, Zalman FPSGun, Monster Gecko PistolMouse, Logitech TrackMan Wheel, Marble & First Pilot
[/COLOR]

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #898 on: Thu, 25 November 2010, 14:34:27 »
Yay! Arrived today!

WhiteRice - many thanks for all this.

Thought the set needed a different keyboard to live on.
Before (with very shiny f12 key)

After

Some of the keys don't fit - the backspace covers two switches for instance - so I've had to compromise in places.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 November 2010, 14:47:35 by hoggy »
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline rantenki

• http://armyofevilrobots.com/
New caps arrived
« Reply #899 on: Thu, 25 November 2010, 16:40:59 »

The fit is a little loose though...