Author Topic: [ON HAND, PICS INSIDE] Cream Cheese & Green 90 keyset [Add-on Kits Available!]  (Read 279872 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Quote from: feng;610136
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOwesome!

Really beautiful.  For me personally I couldn't care less about the stepped Caps Lock stem being off centre as long as the normal caps lock is fine.

Tsangan, you really have done a nice keyset, please take a bow for this magnificent accomplishment.  I know you are some kind of perfectionist, but it will further affirm to all of us that the Cream Cheese and Green is the most perfect keyset you can buy at this moment.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
You people are kind of lunatics. You know that about yourselves, right?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
I'm not addicted to collecting keyboards and related accessories! I can quit any time I want. Really!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
Quote from: jdcarpe;610566
I'm not addicted to collecting keyboards and related accessories! I can quit any time I want. Really!

:help:
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 June 2012, 21:18:25 by thegunner100 »
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
I lost track of how many GB's I am in. Stuff just shows up in my mailbox that I don't remember ordering. It's cool, except the part where I need to explain it to
my wife =/

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
Quote from: MagicMeatball;610578
I lost track of how many GB's I am in. Stuff just shows up in my mailbox that I don't remember ordering. It's cool, except the part where I need to explain it to
my wife =/

Get a P.O. Box. Just do it.

I kinda wish I had ordered more than 2 sets of these now. Between those two sets, two 10-keypad sets, a Tsangan kit, and an ISO kit, I can barely fill my G80-2551 and my Pure. :)

Well, like you said, I am in more group buys than I can remember. What other sets have I ordered besides these?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline megnin

• Topre, or not Topre? That is the question.
Quote from: jdcarpe;610566

Hi. My name is David. I haven't bought a keyboard in 30 days.  Oh, wait, there was that one Race LE, but that was all. Oh, and there was one Ducky Dragon. But, I'm really quitting this time...
“The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
Quote from: megnin;610595
Hi. My name is David. I haven't bought a keyboard in 30 days.  Oh, wait, there was that one Race LE, but that was all. Oh, and there was one Ducky Dragon. But, I'm really quitting this time...

You... >~<
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
that sig has become annoyingly large.

but a small piece of me always wants to see what has been added recently.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline megnin

I try to uncheck the "Show your sig" box, but sometimes I forget.  Sorry.  I leave it in my profile so I can include it if it is relevant to the post, but sometimes I just forget to turn it off.  :peep:  I am a little behind in updating it because my primary hard drive crashed and I don't have PhotoShop installed on this one.  Plus it's going to take a bit of time to get the LEDs animated right on the Ducky Dragon.  ;-)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
can't wait to see that!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
Sorry for sorta going off topic, but you really should get us some actual pics of all of your keyboards :P

Offline zinger

Has anyone put these on a white Filco TKL yet?  I'm debating whether to put them on a black or white one with reds. Thoughts?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
Quote from: zinger;610725
Has anyone put these on a white Filco TKL yet?  I'm debating whether to put them on a black or white one with reds. Thoughts?

No one has these, yet. Tsangan is fixing the Caps Lock issue with SP before he ships them out.

in memoriam

Offline zinger

Quote from: jdcarpe;610728
No one has these, yet. Tsangan is fixing the Caps Lock issue with SP before he ships them out.

No I mean from the original Korean group buy.  I know reaper has a set and put it on one of his black Filcos.

Offline Nunez

• BACK!
Quote from: tsangan;610129

If you see any error please POST

(Attachment Link) 52549[/ATTACH]

Am I right in saying the word "Lock" on Caps Lock is on an angle?

Personally, I don't care.
I miss Ripster :(
HHKB Pro 2 || KBC Poker || Filco MJ2

Offline PixelVandalism

• YouTube
Quote from: Nunez;610737

It looks like it.
Luckily that key is getting remade, and hopefully that will be fixed :D

Offline megnin

Quote from: thegunner100;610622
Sorry for sorta going off topic, but you really should get us some actual pics of all of your keyboards :P
I plan to, once I get the two Race keyboards and the Ducky Dragon.  I have a big conference table at work, I'll probably set them out on.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
Quote from: Nunez;610737

Quote from: PixelVandalism;610738
It looks like it.

It's an optical illusion, the stepped capslock key is concave instead of flat so the text feels like it is going upwards.

Only the base set is being remade the tsangan kit includes a offcentre stem stepped caps which will not be remade.
Keyboardless

Offline wiredPANDA

Quote from: zinger;610725

I've always kinda wondered, too.  Since I was planning on using these on my white Leopold at work.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
I think the stepped key thing is a "you're sort of screwed either way".

Stepped and off-center fits G80-3000
Stepped and centerred fits Filco, G80-8xxx, etc.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
these. are. beautiful.

can't wait to get my all-green phantom with ccng caps together. now to pay treble for a green powdercoat nozzle to get my TKL design done in

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline megnin

Quote from: PixelVandalism;610738
It looks like it.
Hopefully it will look less like a "handbag" and more like a padlock.  :rofl:

Offline mkeeley

Yeah the padlock image isn't very good, not even in the same style as the other graphics. Don't suppose it will change though and not that big a deal I guess.

Is the down arrow centred? Looks a bit high but could be the pic.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 June 2012, 11:50:45 by mkeeley »
Marc

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
Update

Sadly there was an understanding issue with the centre stem stepped capslock. When I was asking for the centre stem stepped caps lock I was referring to centre stem in regards to the entire keycap, but SP understands it as centre stem for the touch surface which is what we refer to it as off-centre stem.

I have spoken with Melissa all morning via email and it is impossible for them to produce a centre stem stepped caps in the way we want them :(

With that being said I did get some progress with the "Lock" legend on stepped caps lock, they are willing to reproduce those with no ETA at this point in time.

I know some people will be disappointed with this news but sadly nothing can be done in regards to this, I've done all I can but it's out of my control.
Keyboardless

Offline feng

• * Vendor
Sorry to hear that but much appreciate for what you have done for us tsangan. :)

Personlly I'm totally fine with that, maybe next time we'll get the centre stem stepped capslock eventually.

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
Hmm, that's a bummer.  Was looking forward to it, but no worries.

When the new Caps Lock comes in, will that be the day when the keycap sets start shipping out?
find me on twitter: @sawedust
starcraft 2 related blog: QuanticSawe.851
QuanticGaming.com

Offline astr0s

That is quite sad to hear, but, on the other hand, does this make it possible to ship these sooner? And, I'm with feng here, I'm fine with normal caps-lock and a big thanks from me, too.
Filco Mj | Filco Mj2 DSA Retro | Filco Mj2 TKL CCnG | Leopold 210TP CCnG

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
Thanks for the update tsangan.  I'm fine with the way the set is right now =)

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
Quote from: DanGWanG;611300
Thanks for the update tsangan.  I'm fine with the way the set is right now =)

Ditto.  Set looks beautiful.  Glad I was able to get in on it second hand.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
I'm bummed, not so much that this set wont have a stepped caps, but that there is no way to acquire one without modding.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
I want to carefully toe the line of the big red text in the first post here, but I wouldn't be opposed to the keys showing up as-is at my house sooner rather than later. I was psyched for a centered stepped, but if that's not a possibility, I don't actually mind the current padlock image.

Offline metafour

Quote from: metafour;610149
Will this be the first time anyone has received stepped capslocks with center stems from SP?

Quote from: tsangan;610154
Negative, it has been done before

Quote from: tsangan;611278
Update

Sadly there was an understanding issue with the centre stem stepped capslock. When I was asking for the centre stem stepped caps lock I was referring to centre stem in regards to the entire keycap, but SP understands it as centre stem for the touch surface which is what we refer to it as off-centre stem.

I have spoken with Melissa all morning via email and it is impossible for them to produce a centre stem stepped caps in the way we want them :(

With that being said I did get some progress with the "Lock" legend on stepped caps lock, they are willing to reproduce those with no ETA at this point in time.

I know some people will be disappointed with this news but sadly nothing can be done in regards to this, I've done all I can but it's out of my control.

I'm confused now. Were they able to do it before but it wasn't done properly so they've just taken off the menu?

Offline MMB

I can center the stem on capslock keys. Send us our sets, then? :)

Thanks for all your hardwork, tsangan!

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
Did no one read the entire post lol

Lots of people were complaining the "Lock" legend being slanted so that is going to get a remake
Keyboardless

Offline MMB

Quote from: tsangan;611329
Did no one read the entire post lol

Lots of people were complaining the "Lock" legend being slanted so that is going to get a remake

I didn't even notice it being slanted. So we have to wait for that to be fixed now too? Because it doesn't bother me :P

Offline emptythecache

• out.
honestly the only issue (other than the center stems, which is a bummer) I'd rate as important enough to fix is the tab key, but I understand that since we accepted that in the rag kit (which I don't really understand how that happened), we're stuck on that too.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
let's please have melissa fix her mistake, then people can mod the caps all they want. the center stem thing is not a huge deal -- afaik SP simply doesn't have a mold for that key, and i was shocked when tsangan said he could add it. silly misunderstanding, and not costing us a lot, so not a big deal. however, please all PORE over all the other keys and make sure the legends are perfect so we can have her rerun every error right now. we all want this set to be perfect, and perfection takes time.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
Quote from: emptythecache;611346
honestly the only issue (other than the center stems, which is a bummer) I'd rate as important enough to fix is the tab key, but I understand that since we accepted that in the rag kit (which I don't really understand how that happened), we're stuck on that too.
It looks weird to me too I know, no idea how to was accepted with the red on black set but I have no ground to argue for a remake
Keyboardless

Offline chrisyou

these would look awesome on the camo filco.  I cant believe I missed out on these :*(

Offline Glissant

Is the Caps lock text on the regular caps lock misaligned too? It looks like it on the first photo. Not sure if anybody has said anything about it already. Too much stuff going on to read all the pages after the pictures were posted.

Offline WRXChris

Quote from: tsangan;611530
It looks weird to me too I know, no idea how to was accepted with the red on black set but I have no ground to argue for a remake

kinda OT, but all these little things are why I'm crossing my fingers for the new RA set to use the OG RA mods or 7-bit's.  SP's mod legends are totally inconsistent and seem to have multiple issues with every set they produce.  I realize that this should no longer be an issue once the cherry replica legends are done, however it really sucks that the only way for SP to do their job correctly is with $45 custom legend fees and multiple prototypes.  For instance, look at hashbaz's enter key proto; I certainly wouldn't send out a completed prototype that looks nothing like the SVG.  

Sorry to be that guy, but this has been bothering me for a while.  The colors are always fantastic, and I have no problem with the Wyse font for the alpha, num, and f-keys, but all the keys with words on them look more like a middle school art project than a professional job.

Finally, this rant is not directed towards GB organizers, you guys are all awesome and I thank you for the time and effort you guys put into making these happen!  My intention is to hopefully to get more people to speak up and demand mod legends that are of the aesthetic caliber of the rest of SP's work.  In order to put my money where my mouth is I am looking to adopt a legend in the Cherry replica project, so if anyone bit off more than they can chew I'll gladly take a legend off your hands!

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
Quote from: WRXChris;611562
Sorry to be that guy, but this has been bothering me for a while.  The colors are always fantastic, and I have no problem with the Wyse font for the alpha, num, and f-keys, but all the keys with words on them look more like a middle school art project than a professional job
I completely agree, but maybe this can be a different thread?
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Quote from: tsangan;611530
willing to take a try? we give melissa enough business at this point. we should make her fix their default legends.. and we shouldn't need to pay for it...

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Sorry to be that guy, but this has been bothering me for a while. The colors are always fantastic, and I have no problem with the Wyse font for the alpha, num, and f-keys, but all the keys with words on them look more like a middle school art project than a professional job.
i have to agree. we need to get the cherry legends finished.

dear all: here's what you can personally do to help.

1) pledge real money directly toward the legend effort. you know where the link is, and you know how much it's going to cost.

2) buy the monthly geekhack keys. demik puts his heart and soul into these keys and the proceeds from these are going to go towards the cherry legends with imav's blessing until we have the new legend set.

3) pledge money toward a first set using the legends (dolch replicas). this set is going to cost more than the average DS set because we're going to try to use it to make up the last mile on the legend fund.

in the meantime folks, enjoy your keyboards, and thanks for supporting the community! :)

Offline balancebox

ooo can't wait for mine, when will it be available to be ship :D
Filco MJ2 104 w/ Cherry Black | Filco MJ2 104 w/ Cherry Brown | KBT Pure w/ Cherry Blue | CMStorm QFR w/ Cherry Ghetto Green | Ducky One w/ Gateron Green |

Offline PixelVandalism

• YouTube
Would it be possible to get the stepped caps lock with the base sets?
I would like to have a go at modding one.

Offline vax

So, since there is so much confusion going on right now:

- The off-center stepped shift will be remade into true-center stepped shift
- Tsangan will keep all sets until the replacements arrive and then send them out

What will happen to the off-center stepped shifts?

Offline emptythecache

• out.
that's not right. there were a few pages of discussion about this topic, The center stemmed stepped shift isn't possible. SP doesn't have to tools, but also, the key wouldn't actuate because the step would hit the switch housing. He is having them redo the regular caps lock key I believe because people had multiple complaints about it (tilted text, too wide padlock), and is holding all sets until that is resolved.

I believe (but don't quote me) that tsangan will just throw in the stepped caps locks in case people want to mod them.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
If people want their stepped caps lock keys modded they can PM me.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)