Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20314429 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #1550 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 14:15:19 »
i got this few days before  :p :p
Show Image

MOAR BOXES
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1551 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 14:56:25 »
dyesub or ??

Yep, dyesub ;D
Nice :) dyesubs are on my list... Maybe I'll get lucky and find some soon.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline ranviper

• Nerd.
« Reply #1552 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 16:51:19 »
OMG, my race 75% came in today... I have been using it for 5 minutes (cherry mx blues) and... I AM IN LOVE!!! NOT just with blue's, but with the kb itself. ITS SO AMAZING!!! Wow. Blue led's on this are sexy as well. Ill post pics later. For now I need to enjoy it.
EC66 | MIYA

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1553 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 17:03:14 »
Got this cheap-ass clone keyboard today:

Out of the box, the space bar stabilizers are already broken.  Not cool...

They were ****ty stabilizers anyways... at least they're intact on all the other large keys:

Red Kailh (Cherry MX clone) switches:

Overall, the switches themselves aren't too bad.  And at least it came with 8 (WASD and arrow keys) actual Cherry (Black) switches:

Side-by-side switch comparison:

EDIT: Resized images.  Hopefully you can see them now...
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 October 2012, 17:58:51 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #1554 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 17:45:10 »
CLiB please resize those images, I can't see a thing :eek:

Today I got my Admiral Ackbar techkeys dyesubs!

The ducky key will be replaced, and I will now have admiral ackbar LEGO and Key on my keychain!

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1555 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 17:45:44 »
You need to resize those! They are HUGE!

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1556 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 17:57:23 »
Lol sorry about that, normally Geekhack resizes them after I submit the post, I guess it didn't do that this time... will fix.
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1557 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 17:58:21 »
Surprised me as well... oh wellz!

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1558 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 18:00:23 »
Fixed. :)

EDIT: looking at my pics, I had the sudden realization that I need a watermark... hmm...
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 October 2012, 18:02:44 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1559 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 18:20:27 »
Dilbert watermark!

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1560 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 18:25:49 »
CALLING MOONPRISMPWR!!!!!  NEED WATERMARK!!!
tp thread is tp thread

Offline ranviper

• Nerd.
« Reply #1561 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 18:26:45 »
Don't mind the bad pic, will get better ones later with the wife's camera.

EC66 | MIYA

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #1562 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 18:43:29 »
One thing that helps is if you are going to take picture of it on your desk, turn off your monitors.

Offline ranviper

• Nerd.
« Reply #1563 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 18:46:07 »
Yeah I usually do when doing it with a nice camera, and I plan to take some pron shots of it later, so that was more like a teaser to wet the appetite...? lol
EC66 | MIYA

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1564 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 18:48:24 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 14:30:18 by esoomenona »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1565 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 19:09:50 »
Just as long as you don't wet the keyboard ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1566 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 19:13:37 »
Nice race.  Is that your second one?

Offline ranviper

• Nerd.
« Reply #1567 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 22:05:00 »
Nope, first race. =) And Ill try not to mess the KB.
EC66 | MIYA

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1568 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 23:52:23 »
White PBT keys for the Ducky Shine 2. I really wish I could use the stepped caps lock that the set came with as an extra.... alas, its stem is a few millimeters to the right of where it needs to be, (bumps into the other key to the right of it.) I'm just glad it had a "modern" caps lock key included in the set as well, otherwise I'd have been screwed.

7055-0
7057-1
:)
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline DarkShot

• Professional Procrastinator
« Reply #1569 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 00:11:04 »
Sometimes I wish Canada Post wasn't so horrible.

My Gasmask cap sat in customs for 4 days and was just released. Woohoo

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1570 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 03:51:51 »
Technically the day before yesterday, but this is the first chance I have had to get the potato out ...

Offline ranviper

• Nerd.
« Reply #1571 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 08:30:47 »
Ok, came in yesterday. =) Video review coming later today as well.

« Last Edit: Wed, 31 October 2012, 10:20:07 by ranviper »
EC66 | MIYA

Offline lifeskills

« Reply #1572 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 11:52:47 »

First mechanical kb.  lovin it.  Ducky dragon with browns.  Not sure how ill like TKL but well see.  Also my first novelty caps.  Allready took the 2012 legends off.  Flip,  I like the look of that Shine II with white PBTs on it, is that the engraved ducky set?

Anyway, been a lurker on the forum for a while and decided to join now that im not rockin rubber domes anymore.

sorry about the terrible photo.  Im in the middle of moving so only have my cell phone
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 October 2012, 11:55:01 by lifeskills »

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1573 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 12:31:45 »
Welcome. Yes it is the Ducky engraved set. SUPER good choice for your first mech - you may never need another board again Lol.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1574 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 12:38:39 »
Show Image

First mechanical kb.  lovin it.  Ducky dragon with browns.  Not sure how ill like TKL but well see.  Also my first novelty caps.  Allready took the 2012 legends off.  Flip,  I like the look of that Shine II with white PBTs on it, is that the engraved ducky set?

Anyway, been a lurker on the forum for a while and decided to join now that im not rockin rubber domes anymore.

sorry about the terrible photo.  Im in the middle of moving so only have my cell phone

Nice keyboard.  And nice Br/Ba caps...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline blighty

« Reply #1575 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 14:55:23 »
Lol sorry about that, normally Geekhack resizes them after I submit the post, I guess it didn't do that this time... will fix.
Probably should just upload the resized pics to GH directly. You exceeded your Dropbox bandwidth for public files.
"Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1576 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 15:00:04 »
Stupid dropbox...

I wouldn't have this problem if my home ISP didn't block port 80, then I would just upload the pics to my own server.

Maybe I'll fire up my server again and just use an FTP server for my pics instead... but first I'd have to run Ethernet into my basement.

*Thinking out loud*
tp thread is tp thread

Offline blighty

« Reply #1577 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 15:04:42 »
Stupid dropbox...

I wouldn't have this problem if my home ISP didn't block port 80, then I would just upload the pics to my own server.

Maybe I'll fire up my server again and just use an FTP server for my pics instead... but first I'd have to run Ethernet into my basement.

*Thinking out loud*
Change your server port to 81? Port forwarding through your router?
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 October 2012, 15:07:49 by blighty »
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1578 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 15:05:09 »
I got a delivery slip... gonna pick it up tomorrow at lunch.
I love Elzy

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1579 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 15:09:31 »
Change your server port to 81? Port forwarding through your router?

Doesn't work for hosting a website.  Tried hosting my own SMF forum on port 81 but it doesn't work.  Web browsers always use port 80 for HTTP, and since my ISP blocks port 80 I'm essentially screwed.

UNLESS I fork over an extra like $15 a month for upgraded internet services, that's the only way my ISP will unblock port 80...

I hate my cable company...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1580 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 15:13:17 »
You should be able to go out on 80, but forward certain traffic to other places, no?
Speaking of hosting forums...iMav started a new forum...

Welcome. Yes it is the Ducky engraved set. SUPER good choice for your first mech - you may never need another board again Lol.
You'll buy one again I'm sure though.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1581 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 15:18:22 »
You should be able to go out on 80, but forward certain traffic to other places, no?
Speaking of hosting forums...iMav started a new forum...

You'll buy one again I'm sure though.

he's right. he won't need another board again.

but he'll still buy it.

like the rest of us.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1582 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 15:37:05 »
LOL, so true! Thinking about getting a browns board for work (maybe I'll make fewer typos? Maybe....) possibly a Ducky DK9087G2 PRO with browns? The ones on mechanicalkeyboards look so great with their white PBT caps pre-installed.... Hmmmm

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #1583 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 15:58:16 »
Cheapo QFR. Blacks, branding, Rubber coating, USB channels, I hate damn near everything about this board other than the fact that it's mechanical, and I got it for $51 shipped. It's going to be my modding/soldering practice board.

I don't even feel bad about this picture. This board doesn't deserve better than potato.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1584 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 16:06:24 »
^ Good price.  Mine was a bit more than that, but that's Australia for you.

So far mine is a solid board, although one of the first things I did is replace the keycaps.  It is much better now.

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #1585 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 17:59:23 »
 :p  :p  :p

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1586 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 18:00:50 »
g84-4101SPAUS in awesome condition :) mmmm pbt+ML
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1587 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 18:07:32 »

Offline HRS2K

• I love Blue!
« Reply #1588 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 19:35:01 »
KBC Poker (Blacks), CM Storm QuickFire Rapid (Blues), Leopold FC200RC (Blues)

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #1589 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 19:40:47 »

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #1590 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 20:14:03 »
A 'FFS' key which looks so good with my cherry replica set. A creeper key and another key puller - All purchased from Qwerkey.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1591 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 21:15:40 »
Got all of this stuff recently:

Custom MiMic Cables

EB Wrist rest

Titanium Spacebar

Red Aluminium Esc

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #1592 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 21:56:06 »
TheProfosist, those look dope! Got a shiny keycap theme?  ;D

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1593 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 21:58:01 »
I want that esc key.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1594 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 22:03:49 »
TheProfosist, those look dope! Got a shiny keycap theme?  ;D
Yea thats the plan for my KMAC Zinc, Titanium, and Aluminium!

I want that esc key.
talk to feng i believe he has more

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1595 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 22:08:17 »
 To have a relevant post here, I got a CMStorm QFR black in the mail from when they were $40 off.  Hooray for rubber dome prices to try another switch!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1596 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 22:10:40 »
Dude when are you going to post that ssk,  hmmm?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1597 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 22:11:46 »
When I get it.  It was mailed only on Monday.

Edit: I'll have pictures of the realforce I bought up probably before the ssk.  USPS still won't acknowledge the tracking for the ssk exists.
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 October 2012, 22:14:41 by tjcaustin »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1598 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 04:18:05 »
g84-4101SPAUS in awesome condition :) mmmm pbt+ML

Glad i'm not the only one who likes MLs.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline sovano

« Reply #1599 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 11:12:51 »
My life is complete.