Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20314096 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #31450 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 05:49:52 »
I got my first Model F today!

Show Image

It's hilariously filthy but since I intend to do a full layout redesign, I'll have an opportunity to thoroughly clean it.

These things are almost indestructible and usually clean up very well.

I'd like to try one, but I'd go insane wit the layout - no F11/F12, no dedicated arrows, odd Caps/Ctrl/Alt layout :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #31451 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 06:01:12 »
I intend to mod mine to something like this.

It still lacks the F11/12 (though they'll be on the function layer) and I'm going with an HHKB-style backspace and backslash. I hope I'm up to the task.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #31452 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 06:04:21 »
I intend to mod mine to something like this.

It still lacks the F11/12 (though they'll be on the function layer) and I'm going with an HHKB-style backspace and backslash. I hope I'm up to the task.

That's a very interesting use of the numpad!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #31453 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 06:09:20 »
I also want to look into getting some sort of molded lump of plastic to fill in the gaps around the nav cluster. Not sure how feasible that is yet, or how much it would cost, but I'm not a fan of the "stick a piece of cardboard over the hole" method.
Typing speed:
More

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #31454 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 06:28:02 »
I also want to look into getting some sort of molded lump of plastic to fill in the gaps around the nav cluster. Not sure how feasible that is yet, or how much it would cost, but I'm not a fan of the "stick a piece of cardboard over the hole" method.

Even some different coloured blank keys to the aarow/del cluster might look good, instead of covering over.

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #31455 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 06:35:56 »
True, I ordered a bunch of grey 1U caps last time. Unfortunately due to the layout rearrangement I wouldn't have enough spring assemblies to fill up the cluster with dummy keys. Do Model M springs fit in there? I have 40 of them lying around for no discernible reason.
Typing speed:
More

My collection:
More

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #31456 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 07:02:24 »
I got my first Model F today!

Show Image

It's hilariously filthy but since I intend to do a full layout redesign, I'll have an opportunity to thoroughly clean it.
Nice  :)

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #31457 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 09:25:29 »
Juicy Fruit Red BroNads!

More pictures here.

Edit: Reuploaded image(s). RIP Dropbox Public Folder.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 January 2017, 09:19:17 by infiniti »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #31458 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 10:53:57 »
Fastest SAL Reg parcel ever had these two sitting in the warehouse for a while and wanted them shipping now they are here and I have no room .-. Pls send help figures about to fall and kill me

Yeaaaah will post more pictures when I get back home but gotta say Sinons guns pretty awesome, and the chubby tamashii Zaku is cool too now Mr Ral has a friend ! And yes that IS a Zaku.... Boy
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #31459 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 10:58:54 »

Hopefully a powder coating within two weeks, then it will get put together. I am thinking a dark purple. Yes most likely ANSI, not going to keep it stock. Also going to source a solenoid, have the driver on its way from xwhatsit so hopefully running within the month.....

I can finally chuck this brittle/shoddy SSK in the trash where it belongs  ;)

*Cough* *Cough*  Uh huh. 

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #31460 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 15:20:12 »
Cherry 1800, MX Blacks.

97366-0

This is my first board with Blacks. So far, not really a fan. But I think a lot of that might have to do with the crappy, slippery, laser-infilled stock caps.

I really only bought this board as something to use with one of my incoming GMK Hyperfuse sets, so I'm not worried about the crappy keycaps. But I might try swapping them out with something else decent for a  while, just so I can see whether I want to keep the black switches, or order a Leeku 1800 PCB+Plate combo from the TX1800 GB and put some other kind of switches in this thing.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #31461 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 15:24:10 »
Got some CMYW goodness that I forgot to take a picture of before I left for work.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #31462 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 15:30:23 »
Cherry 1800, MX Blacks.

(Attachment Link)

This is my first board with Blacks. So far, not really a fan. But I think a lot of that might have to do with the crappy, slippery, laser-infilled stock caps.

I really only bought this board as something to use with one of my incoming GMK Hyperfuse sets, so I'm not worried about the crappy keycaps. But I might try swapping them out with something else decent for a  while, just so I can see whether I want to keep the black switches, or order a Leeku 1800 PCB+Plate combo from the TX1800 GB and put some other kind of switches in this thing.

I love POM, you're crappy!! :(

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #31463 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 16:02:53 »
Cherry 1800, MX Blacks.

(Attachment Link)

Is that what they are? I thought they were PBT but just poorly textured. They are certainly thick, so it's not that.

Am I off base, or are POMs really slippery?

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #31464 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 16:40:02 »

Got some of DAT NerD ;)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #31465 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 16:47:54 »
Fastest SAL Reg parcel ever had these two sitting in the warehouse for a while and wanted them shipping now they are here and I have no room .-. Pls send help figures about to fall and kill me
Show Image

Yeaaaah will post more pictures when I get back home but gotta say Sinons guns pretty awesome, and the chubby tamashii Zaku is cool too now Mr Ral has a friend ! And yes that IS a Zaku.... Boy

mmMMMmmm I like it man.  See some of that robo fever is spreading.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #31466 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 19:01:16 »
got a couple things today
More
More

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31467 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 19:10:36 »
Show Image

Show Image

Got some of DAT NerD ;)
Noice!
What color you going for the side LED'S and top LED's?
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #31468 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 19:16:53 »
Well I thought it was going to be heavy but dam is this thing heavy. I think this could be my it-girl of keyboards.

(Attachment Link)

PS stay tuned for an a restoration thread (maybe by Christmas at the rate work is going).

MMMM 4704 goodness.  I'm typing this post on mine.  GL with the restoration.  I would love to hear how it goes.

Offline theycallmedenny

• Get real
« Reply #31469 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 21:11:37 »
Just got my brand new Model M in from meow_a_cat

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #31470 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 21:22:08 »
HHKB 55G HYPE

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #31471 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 21:24:00 »
Crappy phone photos, but I got my NMB Hi-Tek Keychain and Alps adaptors in today:

And video of the goods in action:

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #31472 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 02:19:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

Oooh a Valentine's Day Model M! :thumb:

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #31473 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 02:25:47 »

Show Image

Show Image

Oooh a Valentine's Day Model M! :thumb:

thats awesome and doesn't really matter!
very cool anyway. mad jelly

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #31474 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 02:29:52 »
Well I thought it was going to be heavy but dam is this thing heavy. I think this could be my it-girl of keyboards.

(Attachment Link)

PS stay tuned for an a restoration thread (maybe by Christmas at the rate work is going).

MMMM 4704 goodness.  I'm typing this post on mine.  GL with the restoration.  I would love to hear how it goes.

Will 100% make a thread/post depending on available time.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #31475 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 02:40:33 »
Show Image

Show Image

Got some of DAT NerD ;)
Noice!

Purplish pink side LEDS and I've yet to decide the colour for the top leds yet. I'll sip socket them anyways so whenever I change my mind, I'll just swap them out heh.  :D might go full blown pink  :p
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #31476 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 02:59:10 »
Show Image

Show Image

Got some of DAT NerD ;)
Noice!

Purplish pink side LEDS and I've yet to decide the colour for the top leds yet. I'll sip socket them anyways so whenever I change my mind, I'll just swap them out heh.  :D might go full blown pink  :p

you could do magenta top, cyan side. then get a miami set A++ win.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #31477 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 03:13:40 »
Just got my Industrial also

97427-0

97429-1

97431-2

So excited  :'(

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #31479 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 03:21:13 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

This is ****ty, was it wrapped at all or was it just sideways in that box?

..guess its not very industrial =[

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #31480 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 03:39:02 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

This is ****ty, was it wrapped at all or was it just sideways in that box?

..guess its not very industrial =[

Twas placed at the bottom of a box with bubble wrap placed on top where it does nothing (WTF). They could have maby put some on the bottom also.

But hey kinda happy ending.... I ripped the guts out of this French Canadian Model M I have and littery just swapped it out. case seems fine except for the guillotining of the plastic pegs that hold the guts in place.

97433-0 97435-1 97437-2
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 April 2015, 03:40:59 by fanpeople »

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #31481 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 03:52:01 »
That is so careless. Why do some people pack items like that?

Anyway, congrats on the industrial.
Typing speed:
More

My collection:
More

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #31482 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 03:54:41 »
That is so careless. Why do some people pack items like that?

Anyway, congrats on the industrial.

:thumb:

This industrial will live on.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #31483 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 04:05:42 »
Show Image

Show Image

Got some of DAT NerD ;)
Noice!

you could do magenta top, cyan side. then get a miami set A++ win.

I have no Miami :( and I'm prolly done with sp caps for now. :3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #31484 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 05:18:26 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Ouch!

That's pretty bad if a spring and hammer came out too :eek:

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #31485 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 05:24:38 »

Show Image

Show Image

Looks nice and clean  :)
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #31486 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 05:41:44 »
Show Image

Show Image

Got some of DAT NerD ;)
This is the Nerd crystal correct ? Wow you must be so very excited!! This is eventually my dream board. I'm currently in the Duck Orion v2 GB as its a little cheaper and was recommended to me as a good starter board. Anyways hopefully you document this process as I'm really excited for you and would love to see it.

Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #31487 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 07:50:29 »
About 100 MX Clear springs from Feizor.

Gonna use these in the Gateron Blacks that are on their way to make some Gateron Ghost Blacks. :)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #31488 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 09:25:16 »
Show Image

Show Image

Got some of DAT NerD ;)
This is the Nerd crystal correct ? Wow you must be so very excited!! This is eventually my dream board. I'm currently in the Duck Orion v2 GB as its a little cheaper and was recommended to me as a good starter board. Anyways hopefully you document this process as I'm really excited for you and would love to see it.

Ah nope, this is the Acrylic Housing. :D
The crystal one is what lastpilot has.  ;)

-

on a side note, got my gaterons + clear top covers.

Hehehehe  ;)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #31489 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 09:46:06 »
Cherry 1800, MX Blacks.

(Attachment Link)

Is that what they are? I thought they were PBT but just poorly textured. They are certainly thick, so it's not that.

I'm guessing your model number is  G80-1800LXXX. L is lasered. The white or beige is lasered infilled PBT. Black is laser infilled POM. POM is slippery and I like it. It's amusing to me that you don't trust you feel. If you think is slippery then it probably is haha.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #31490 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 09:57:58 »
The white or beige is lasered infilled PBT. Black is laser infilled POM.
Neither are infilled. Beige ones aren't infilled. They're just lasered :p
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 April 2015, 10:30:11 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #31491 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 15:11:29 »
Cherry is lasered, not infilled if you can FEEL the legends raised. If they are perfectly smooth, then they are infilled but it's not likely to get that unless is some really old set... in which case is more likely the infill will have chipped out (so you essentially end up with engraved only) if it's been used well. Exception with some POM infill, where they seemed to have infilled with white pom and heated up so it bonded, but those are pretty rare to come across.

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #31492 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 15:18:31 »
GMK Dolch with cyan mods and extra spacebar set
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #31493 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 15:33:35 »
snack exchange from Philippines
lot of chocolate.. :eek:
Show Image

Show Image

and an old money for collections :p
Show Image

Thank you infiniti :thumb: :thumb:

Those are exactly my top favs back before I moved out of the PH. I'm eatink those choco biscuits from Nabisco right now.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #31494 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 19:46:32 »
Cherry 1800, MX Blacks.

(Attachment Link)

I'm guessing your model number is  G80-1800LXXX. L is lasered. The white or beige is lasered infilled PBT. Black is laser infilled POM. POM is slippery and I like it. It's amusing to me that you don't trust you feel. If you think is slippery then it probably is haha.
I knew it was slippery. I just didn't know what would cause that. I never used POMs before, although I was at one point interested in a set of jellies just for the looks.

I decided to spend the day on this board exclusively. At first I tried a spare set of thick PBTs which I know I like. It didn't really make a huge difference to improve the feel. So I think my initial disappointment has more to do with 1) getting used to an odd layout, 2) my first linear switches (MX black), and 3) PCB-mounted switches. Slipperiness when you lack confidence is not good for typing speed, especially with stiff switches like blacks.

At day's end, I'm now OK with the POMs but will probably eventually sell them when I get my GMK Hyperfuse. They are just not my favorite. I may also one day replace the internals with a custom 1800 PCB and plate.

This has been Impromptu Unsolicited Keyboard Reviews with njbair.

My boards:
More

Offline ishpeck

• Life without MX Blues is no kind of life at all.
    • The Ishpeckian Network
« Reply #31495 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 20:44:29 »
Some battery harneses, a key tester, some microcontrollers and lots of LED's.

Amazon also tells me some other diodes came in the mail but I haven't seen them.
0:=λfx.x

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #31496 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 21:08:11 »
Let's get cooking  :))

But seriously I use it for sanding and mowing. I guarantee those kids skipping school no longer cut through my yard anymore. Especially when I start spreading lime for...reducing the acidity in the soil of course  :cool:

I couldn't resist posting the bags it came in lol.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #31497 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 23:58:24 »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #31498 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 00:38:06 »
I'm in love ~ <3

Show Image

More photos here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66358.msg1719211#msg1719211

Wow that is amazing  :eek:

I really, really need some of these.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31499 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 00:43:28 »
I'm in love ~ <3

Show Image

More photos here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66358.msg1719211#msg1719211

Wow that is amazing  :eek:

I really, really need some of these.
I really really, really really, realllyyyyy need the red translucent....
like seriously... need... really...
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo