Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20316050 times)

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #31800 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 08:53:30 »
PS/2 to USB adapter. It was ultra-cheap and it works great with Model M (13393669, detachable cable, from 1993).
Really? Congratls! It was not work with my MX 11800 :(

Offline Bojan

« Reply #31801 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 09:10:52 »

In fact, I didn't expect it to work. It seems that it didn't work for anyone else here. But it was only $1.09 (+ free shipping), so I had to try it because blue cube was $11 + shipping $16, and USB-to-SDL cable was $37 + shipping $8.

I also tried to plug in an old mouse, and it works (although it was recognized by Xubuntu as "barcode reader").

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #31802 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 09:43:32 »

In fact, I didn't expect it to work. It seems that it didn't work for anyone else here. But it was only $1.09 (+ free shipping), so I had to try it because blue cube was $11 + shipping $16, and USB-to-SDL cable was $37 + shipping $8.

I also tried to plug in an old mouse, and it works (although it was recognized by Xubuntu as "barcode reader").

Oh yes. I see your status.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #31803 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 09:58:38 »

This is a coupled picture. I receive my 55g HHKB Type-S a few days ago but I got my Powder Puff Purple Fn yesterday.

Show Image

I don't like the Type-S so far. I may resell it afterwards.

Damn that looks clean. Yeah I like the height of non type s sliders. Nice function!

I did clean the keycaps and case this weekend. The dental cleaning pills work wonders!

Saying I don't like the Type-S may be to strong but I'm disappointed. It was not what I was looking for with a Topre board. I seek Topre for its tactility and the Type-S as practically none.

Sexy...
Zeal  :-* :-* :-*

<3 zeal cables.  so will the black cable go with the board and red for the pad?  or the other way around? :)  and is red and black your favorite color scheme?  that's my guess from seeing your setups, haha :)

This is a coupled picture. I receive my 55g HHKB Type-S a few days ago but I got my Powder Puff Purple Fn yesterday.

I don't like the Type-S so far. I may resell it afterwards.

are you going to stick with your novatouch, then?  too bad about not liking the type-s.  i've never tried one and have been fine with the regular hhkb2.  but anyways, it looks really good with the Bro Fn and white cable. :)

My Novatouch is my personal board and the HHKB is for work. I don't know what I'll replace the HHKB with if I do resell it. Maybe a normal one or perhaps I'll go the Realforce road. I'd like to try the SpaceFn layout on a 60% in work context. I keep in mind Gon Nerd60 or something alike.

As I mentioned above I like the Type-S but I'm disappointed as I was seeking tactility.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #31804 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:56:43 »
Cherry switch tester from WASD. I have never tried reds or greens and this was a quick way to try both as well as a future keycap display stand.

98671-0

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #31805 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 13:09:04 »
BroSet and Miami Twice... didn't take long to decide which set should go on first... and then stay on there... for ever and ever...

HOLY **** THE TEXTURE IS SO NICEEEEEEEE (I had worn my R1 set to the bone and they were all shiny as ****)

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #31806 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 13:13:42 »

BroSet and Miami Twice... didn't take long to decide which set should go on first... and then stay on there... for ever and ever...

Show Image

HOLY **** THE TEXTURE IS SO NICEEEEEEEE (I had worn my R1 set to the bone and they were all shiny as ****)
What caps are on wasd and arrows

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #31807 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 13:14:26 »

Show Image

cc's mint gum clusters
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #31808 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 13:15:08 »

Show Image

cc's mint gum clusters

awww yus **** be ballin

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #31809 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 13:16:49 »

Show Image

cc's mint gum clusters

awww yus **** be ballin
Yup, great stuff baldgye! It's a great compliment to Miami, you've been such an awesome supporter of that set!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #31810 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 13:20:02 »

Show Image

cc's mint gum clusters

awww yus **** be ballin
Yup, great stuff baldgye! It's a great compliment to Miami, you've been such an awesome supporter of that set!

Cheers m8! Pretty much since I first saw Miami I wanted the CC Skull set with the clusters... they are so perfect together and yeah m8 MIAMI FOR LIFE WILLSMITH FOR PRESIDENT

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #31811 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 13:50:01 »
Blue Gaterons. Harder click than the Cherry ones by the feels of it. The springs seem a little thinner and tinnier.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #31812 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 14:37:51 »
NIB Cherry G80-3700HQAUS
Untitled by skurela, on Flickr
Miami Twice (on numpad)
Nulaxy Bluetooth Adapter

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #31813 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 14:54:55 »
NIB Cherry G80-3700HQAUS
Show Image
Show Image
Miami Twice (on numpad)
Show Image
Nulaxy Bluetooth Adapter
Show Image

I've been using a G80-3700HQAUS for a few months and I love it. The style is great.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #31814 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 14:58:15 »
FINALLY

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY, after about four months of waiting, my official Playstation wallet arrived. It's really cool.

Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #31815 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 15:02:51 »
NIB Cherry G80-3700HQAUS
Show Image
Show Image
Miami Twice (on numpad)
Show Image
Nulaxy Bluetooth Adapter
Show Image

I've been using a G80-3700HQAUS for a few months and I love it. The style is great.
Someone told me it was almost the size of a poker, and I didn't believe them until I opened up the box.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #31816 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 15:04:53 »
Someone told me it was almost the size of a poker, and I didn't believe them until I opened up the box.

:)) Mine looks a bit ridiculous sitting next to my HHKB but I love it.

98682-0
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #31817 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 15:06:20 »

(Attachment Link)
Wow, that is huge compared to the HHKB. How do you like it on the left hand?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #31818 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 15:09:20 »

(Attachment Link)
Wow, that is huge compared to the HHKB. How do you like it on the left hand?

I always use it on the left, that way I can use my trackball and the numpad at the same time which is really helpful for things like CAD.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #31819 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 15:11:06 »
I always use it on the left, that way I can use my trackball and the numpad at the same time which is really helpful for things like CAD.
Yeah, I really need to get a trackball, SoonTM

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #31820 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 15:14:03 »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #31821 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 15:14:09 »
Yeah, I really need to get a trackball, SoonTM

I use a mouse, trackpad, and trackball every day. The trackpad is for gestures in OSX, I like the trackball more when using OSX, and the mouse is for gaming and working in windows.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #31822 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 15:14:48 »
Blue Gaterons. Harder click than the Cherry ones by the feels of it. The springs seem a little thinner and tinnier.

Show Image

Couldn't agree more on that evaluation. I also like them a lot more than cherry blues based on feel alone though.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #31823 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 15:18:02 »

Show Image

Couldn't agree more on that evaluation. I also like them a lot more than cherry blues based on feel alone though.

Have Gaterons been around long enough to get a true evaluation of long-term quality compared to Cherry?

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31824 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 15:31:47 »

Show Image

Have Gaterons been around long enough to get a true evaluation of long-term quality compared to Cherry?

+1
this has been holding me back to get one
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline mdmcaf

• If this isn't nice, what is?
« Reply #31825 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 15:50:07 »
Just got the FC660C yesterday and got the cable today. So far I'm loving the FC660C, the colors go great with my setup.

Show Image

boom, I like it !

Thanks  :D

I felt a little foolish at first spending ~$50US on a cable, but I'm telling myself it was worthwhile with how good it looks sitting on my desk.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #31826 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 16:23:13 »
Zowie EC2 EVO CL

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #31827 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 16:23:50 »
Zowie EC2 EVO CL

Show Image

I never thought I'd see somebody that buys more mice than me...
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #31828 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 16:33:09 »

Show Image

+1
this has been holding me back to get one

Honestly, the quality doesn't seem amazing. The springs look like the cheapest part of the switch, very tinny and thin. They make a ping sound, like the infamous Filco ping if you hold them up to you ear and release them quickly. Time will tell. I will use them in my RS84 and report back.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #31829 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 17:09:16 »
Zowie EC2 EVO CL

Show Image

Got bit by the mouse and audio bug recently. I have been a bit unsatisfied with my original mouse/mousepad setup though so that does factor into this.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #31830 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 17:44:08 »

Typing on this almost brings tears to my eyes... the nostalgia is almost overwhelming! I can't help but reminisce upon my childhood years when we still had an old IBM PC sitting in our living room with a Model M hooked up to it. The clackity clackity clack noise used to fill my parents' home 24/7 when my mother used a Model M to write the manuscripts for her doctoral dissertation and then her first books and journal publications/articles.

The one we had obviously didn't have a Trackpoint because ours was from the late 80s to early 90s, but it's definitely a welcome addition because the IBM nipple is one of my favorite things from my old ThinkPad.

null

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #31831 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 18:03:46 »

Hasu's 60% Alps PCB. I got some diodes and some RO-59 Krytox lube. Thanks Hasu <3. Just need a plate now :D.

And it's amazing to me how something from Japan took the same time to arrive at my doorstep as the letters I sent out. Those letters were within the USA.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #31832 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 18:06:24 »
Show Image

Typing on this almost brings tears to my eyes... the nostalgia is almost overwhelming! I can't help but reminisce upon my childhood years when we still had an old IBM PC sitting in our living room with a Model M hooked up to it. The clackity clackity clack noise used to fill my parents' home 24/7 when my mother used a Model M to write the manuscripts for her doctoral dissertation and then her first books and journal publications/articles.

The one we had obviously didn't have a Trackpoint because ours was from the late 80s to early 90s, but it's definitely a welcome addition because the IBM nipple is one of my favorite things from my old ThinkPad.

Show Image

I presume everything is working fine on that keyboard too.  Very clean and very nice!

Offline Coconut

• otaku4lyfe
« Reply #31833 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 18:11:44 »

Ravens arrived today from MK! Gosh I love them, need to get me some more of these lil guys

"a whole coconut is a strong coconut" -paicrai

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #31834 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 18:43:06 »
Show Image

Show Image

I presume everything is working fine on that keyboard too.  Very clean and very nice!

Everything works perfectly. Cosmetic condition is perfect as well!
null

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #31835 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 18:47:57 »
Got these two today ;D One day I'll get a better camera..

98695-0

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #31836 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 19:00:28 »
Got these two today ;D One day I'll get a better camera..

(Attachment Link)
Nice dude! I hope you enjoy the vintage blues ^-^

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #31837 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 19:07:51 »
Where are people finding these Dolch PAC boards? I can only find them on Ebay at ridiculous prices.

My boards:
More

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #31838 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 19:13:33 »
Zowie EC2 EVO CL

Show Image

Got bit by the mouse and audio bug recently. I have been a bit unsatisfied with my original mouse/mousepad setup though so that does factor into this.

Fair enough...I'm just on the neverending quest to find my perfect mouse...I think I've been buying 2 a month for the last year and a half... Deathadder 2013 is still the closest to perfect for me so far.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #31839 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 19:14:55 »
Where are people finding these Dolch PAC boards? I can only find them on Ebay at ridiculous prices.
I've seen some on mechmarket recently. Just gotta look for a while and you can find one for a good price.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #31840 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 19:19:34 »
I've seen some on mechmarket recently. Just gotta look for a while and you can find one for a good price.
Yeah, I got mine off of ebay with the whole computer, and it was there for 3 days, and it was only 120 shipped. It was only missing a right control key, which I replaced with CMYW

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #31841 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 19:19:39 »

IME the best way to find a deal on something is to buy it at full price and wait for the return window to expire.

My boards:
More

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #31842 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 19:39:47 »
Everything works perfectly. Cosmetic condition is perfect as well!

Fantastic!  Now your other keyboards are going to miss you.  *WEG*

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #31843 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 20:00:27 »
There were more people sell it on reddit. Let's try to finding  :p

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #31844 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 20:02:00 »

Top one was from the classifieds, bottom one was eBay and was 100 shipped for the whole thing ;D
All I can say is just keep looking and you'll find one eventually.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #31845 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 20:19:03 »
Ugh, I couldn't deal with the idea of somebody having two and me having zero. I just broke down and bought one on Ebay. It was listed as the full PAC computer for $150 buy it now, plus $40 shipping. I took a chance that the seller would be cool and only ship me the keyboard to save costs. He agreed, so I told him to spend some of that extra on a paranoid amount of bubble wrap and he's going to refund me the difference.

My boards:
More

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #31846 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 20:44:03 »
Ugh, I couldn't deal with the idea of somebody having two and me having zero. I just broke down and bought one on Ebay. It was listed as the full PAC computer for $150 buy it now, plus $40 shipping. I took a chance that the seller would be cool and only ship me the keyboard to save costs. He agreed, so I told him to spend some of that extra on a paranoid amount of bubble wrap and he's going to refund me the difference.
Now to get CYMW  :D

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #31847 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 20:44:42 »
Zowie EC2 EVO CL

Show Image

Fair enough...I'm just on the neverending quest to find my perfect mouse...I think I've been buying 2 a month for the last year and a half... Deathadder 2013 is still the closest to perfect for me so far.

Deathadder was my favorite mouse for a while but the scroll wheel on each and every single one (probably 4 or so) died.  :-[
null

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #31848 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 20:44:55 »
Now to get CYMW  :D
No. CMYK better :P

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #31849 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 20:47:56 »
Just some blue squid urine and KatzenKinder keycaps!!!

98706-0