Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20316909 times)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #36350 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 09:23:09 »

I'm surprised they don't get lazy on a Saturday.

Hypersphere's silencing rings:
Show Image

Bros and KWKs:
Show Image

Keep us posted on how you like those silencing rings, I've been debating picking up a set.

Going to install it on my 10th AE 55g which should be arriving next week. Will post my review after that :)
goddamn your stacking caps with a swiftness. Moralless had that KWK/brohoho combo and they matched up pretty well. I believe he also got the v1 bot for his summer Santa ......anyways that's a nice score!

I would also like to know how those rings turn out as I have a 10AE RF87-55g and just sent a digilog case out for reanadization. I noticed the change to aluminum case changed the sound of the board and I'm hoping I can find something to tune it back a bit. So definitely keep us updated on how those turn out when you get your board   :p

Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline raymogi

« Reply #36351 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 09:27:27 »
goddamn your stacking caps with a swiftness. Moralless had that KWK/brohoho combo and they matched up pretty well. I believe he also got the v1 bot for his summer Santa ......anyways that's a nice score!

I would also like to know how those rings turn out as I have a 10AE RF87-55g and just sent a digilog case out for reanadization. I noticed the change to aluminum case changed the sound of the board and I'm hoping I can find something to tune it back a bit. So definitely keep us updated on how those turn out when you get your board   :p

Indeed these caps came from him :D

Where did you get that digilog case? I've been wanting to get one myself too.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #36352 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 09:35:15 »

Private sale from someone on DT..... Got lucky as the person needed some money and the case had a small scratch on the bottom so the person gave me a great deal !
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36353 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 09:36:26 »

I'm surprised they don't get lazy on a Saturday.

Hypersphere's silencing rings:
Show Image

Bros and KWKs:
Show Image

Keep us posted on how you like those silencing rings, I've been debating picking up a set.

Going to install it on my 10th AE 55g which should be arriving next week. Will post my review after that :)
Gosh! 10AE! That's a great catch! I'm jelly!

Offline raymogi

« Reply #36354 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 09:39:20 »

Private sale from someone on DT..... Got lucky as the person needed some money and the case had a small scratch on the bottom so the person gave me a great deal !

I should lurk on DT more. I see gems being sold there sometimes.

Offline waitinginexile

• Nathan O.
« Reply #36355 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 19:06:54 »
=HKP G2 Deep Sea

111519-0

Here it is on a Keycool 22

111521-1

Aaaaaaaaaand a Cherry MX 8100 with browns... and a single clear, for some reason (pardon my messy room)

111523-2
111525-3
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 September 2015, 19:09:54 by waitinginexile »
i am zeal-less i am feel-less

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #36356 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 06:06:28 »
Couple of little things (the profile on these is awe-inspiring):

111557-0

111559-1

111561-2
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #36357 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 06:22:28 »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #36358 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 06:29:18 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Damn those Cherokeys look good.  I can't wait for a sale with some blue, red, and orange ones.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline raymogi

« Reply #36359 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 06:36:32 »

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36360 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 06:42:34 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Congratulations! Very nice indeed!

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #36361 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 07:38:06 »
Got a sticker for my MacBook

Really cool sticker!

Show Image

May I ask where did you buy this wrist rest?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline raymogi

« Reply #36362 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 07:47:38 »
Got it from Amazon Japan.

Offline Syribo

• I like coffee and pink things.
« Reply #36363 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 08:47:50 »

Today I got a ton of ink samples from Anderson Pens, along with a bottle of J Herbin 1670 Anniversary Emerald of Chivor, my new Pilot Kakuno fountain pen (It's pink, so I had to get it), and two bottles of Diamine ink in Asa Blue and Marine.

The other stuff I got in the last week or so.. a Pilot Metropolitan fountain pen, a Rhodia webnotebook journal, a Leuchtterm 1917 journal, some Clairefontaine stationery to write letters to. The Iroshizuku inks and Noodler's bulletproof ink.

Still have a bunch of things coming... some more ink samples, a holder for them, a leather journal cover from Oberon, a large Leuchtterm journal I got on sale for only $6, and then my Hot Keys Project keycaps :D Now just waiting on my Mimic Cables to be made and shipped.. and then my massive shopping spree is over.

Ducky Shine 4        CM Storm QFR

Offline Prelim

« Reply #36364 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 08:49:51 »
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #36365 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 09:33:11 »

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline captaineleven

« Reply #36366 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 11:20:14 »
Show Image

Today I got a ton of ink samples from Anderson Pens, along with a bottle of J Herbin 1670 Anniversary Emerald of Chivor, my new Pilot Kakuno fountain pen (It's pink, so I had to get it), and two bottles of Diamine ink in Asa Blue and Marine.

The other stuff I got in the last week or so.. a Pilot Metropolitan fountain pen, a Rhodia webnotebook journal, a Leuchtterm 1917 journal, some Clairefontaine stationery to write letters to. The Iroshizuku inks and Noodler's bulletproof ink.

Still have a bunch of things coming... some more ink samples, a holder for them, a leather journal cover from Oberon, a large Leuchtterm journal I got on sale for only $6, and then my Hot Keys Project keycaps :D Now just waiting on my Mimic Cables to be made and shipped.. and then my massive shopping spree is over.

Dang girl! That's a very productive shopping spree. I'm very jealous! But you've got some pretty awesome stuff so I hope you enjoy all of them!
So fancy!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #36367 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 11:48:24 »
Show Image

Motherbase chillin in the background

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #36368 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 11:54:05 »
Show Image

Hells yes!  Great pen haul.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #36369 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 12:00:24 »
p
Show Image

wow non printed  pink nice freaking score man

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #36370 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 12:36:01 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Looks amazing Rowdy! That's a nice haul. Bro knows just what you like!  :thumb:

The Cherokey is an amazing design, really liking it.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #36371 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 16:36:30 »
Show Image

wow ray, where did you find those!?

Offline raymogi

« Reply #36372 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 18:13:22 »

Show Image

wow ray, where did you find those!?

Local friend had it in stock but he sold out almost immediately after posting it here :(

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #36373 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 18:40:54 »
Oh man. I've been looking for those for over a year :-( bummer I missed out! Did he post in classifieds?

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #36374 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 18:51:35 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Absolutely incredible! I'd love to see a pic of the trans cherokey lit up!

Offline Syribo

« Reply #36375 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 19:34:45 »
Show Image

I think I have enough ink for the next 10 years or so... so now I'm done until the day I have enough money to buy a ~nice~ pen (Like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PZWQ9I0?colid=2DAZO0AQGYF2Q&coliid=I3DAS1S4P72TET&psc=1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl )..... but I can't fathom ever spending that much money on a freaking PEN. Although, some do it on keycaps, so I guess it's not that strange a concept here ;)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36376 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 19:48:43 »
Show Image

I think I have enough ink for the next 10 years or so... so now I'm done until the day I have enough money to buy a ~nice~ pen (Like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PZWQ9I0?colid=2DAZO0AQGYF2Q&coliid=I3DAS1S4P72TET&psc=1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl )..... but I can't fathom ever spending that much money on a freaking PEN. Although, some do it on keycaps, so I guess it's not that strange a concept here ;)
Eh, I've spent more on my Nakaya.

I remember when I first got into the hobby seven years ago and bought up all sorts of inks. I still have most of them!

Offline Syribo

« Reply #36377 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 21:01:37 »
Show Image

I remember when I first got into the hobby seven years ago and bought up all sorts of inks. I still have most of them!
Oh my God, you have a Nakaya... So unbelievable jealous haha. I was customizing one on the site for the fun of it one day... yeah... it was about a $12,000 pen. Crazy!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #36378 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 21:05:33 »
it was about a $12,000 pen. Crazy!

And people think Clacks are silly, deezam.

Offline wafflepc

« Reply #36379 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 21:49:51 »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #36380 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 22:10:35 »
Show Image

;)

Batter up!  Are the waffles opposite of a keyboard, with depressions where the keys are, or are all the keys raised and the depressions are between them?  It looks good enough to eat!  Where are my long rectangular plates?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36381 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 22:37:27 »
Show Image

Oh my God, you have a Nakaya... So unbelievable jealous haha. I was customizing one on the site for the fun of it one day... yeah... it was about a $12,000 pen. Crazy!

The beaut cost me near $600 five years ago. I went with a very basic model, and slightly regret it only in that, were I to save for another year, I could've gotten a more decked-out model.
It's the basic black cigar model with special grip. It's engraved in red on the opposite side with my first name.

As a writer, it's okay. It's not my favorite; I prefer my Sailor nibs, but the Nakaya nib does a fine job, just not for the price. The real price tag comes with the body itself. It's absolutely beautiful in its simplicity. Despite the nib not being my favorite, there are already a few more models I plan on ordering!

111635-0

111637-1

Sorry for the potato pics. With books, fountain pens, video games, and now mechanical keyboards, my wallet has been taking a beating and doesn't have the energy for a camera.

Offline Syribo

« Reply #36382 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 22:48:08 »
Show Image

The beaut cost me near $600 five years ago. I went with a very basic model, and slightly regret it only in that, were I to save for another year, I could've gotten a more decked-out model.
It's the basic black cigar model with special grip. It's engraved in red on the opposite side with my first name.

As a writer, it's okay. It's not my favorite; I prefer my Sailor nibs, but the Nakaya nib does a fine job, just not for the price. The real price tag comes with the body itself. It's absolutely beautiful in its simplicity. Despite the nib not being my favorite, there are already a few more models I plan on ordering!

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Sorry for the potato pics. With books, fountain pens, video games, and now mechanical keyboards, my wallet has been taking a beating and doesn't have the energy for a camera.

Ohh man.. soo jealous. And Sailors... I was looking at the cheaper Sailors originally, but I want one of the nicer ones so bad. I can't wait to be able to afford a nicer pen. The Metro still feels really good, though.. A LOT better than the Kakuno I got. That one feels cheap as all hell, but it's pink haha.

All of my money goes towards video games and mechanical keyboards... and now inks and pens and stuff.. Books, I have about 700 on my iPad but.. I didn't buy most of them haha. I'm an avid reader but usually download books, or actually go to the library :x Oh.. and coffee. A lot of money also goes to coffee to use in my french press... another addiction of mine.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #36383 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 23:03:38 »
Cthulhu

« Last Edit: Sun, 20 September 2015, 23:06:01 by Badwrench »
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #36384 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 00:02:53 »
Show Image

Taking the plunge on something nice and expensive is rough but often times worth it if you have the passion.  My first expensive fountain was the Lamy 2000, and since then I've gotten a couple more to give it some proper friends.  If you do ever get glamorous with this please share what you get!

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #36385 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 08:22:20 »
Show Image

Haha, I had to double take when I saw this, since I say it yesterday on reddit.  :))  Nice haul!  Looks like you're diving head first into pens.  :D  Your wallet must be hurting by now.  :P

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #36386 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 08:29:05 »
Nail haul Syribo. And I'm conflicted on Nakayas. I'm not sure I have the best experience with them. The model I have isn't urushi or anything and the nib is a sharp cursive italic. So far, I think they're overrated but I'm looking forward to trying other models.

Offline Syribo

« Reply #36387 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 08:32:10 »
Show Image

Haha, I had to double take when I saw this, since I say it yesterday on reddit.  :))  Nice haul!  Looks like you're diving head first into pens.  :D  Your wallet must be hurting by now.  :P
Oh hahaha, you must frequent the FP sub too then? :) Awesome! Reddit has been the main culprit in killing my wallet these past few months... First I went from drinking and tolerating instant coffee to independent coffee roasters and a nice french press. Then the mechanical keyboard sub made me suddenly not happy with my stock QFR from almost two years ago... now I want MOAR keycaps, and MOAR keyboards (I love my Ducky Shine 4 <3). Now the fountainpens and notebooks ones have corrupted me!

Oh and the battlestations sub is what inspired me to get the LED lights, a new desk, a new chair, a big TV to use as a monitor haha. Damn it Reddit.

I luckily still had a bunch of birthday money left over from the summer, so that all went into the fountain pen and keyboard fun ;)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #36388 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 09:45:56 »
Taking the plunge on something nice and expensive is rough but often times worth it if you have the passion.  My first expensive fountain was the Lamy 2000, and since then I've gotten a couple more to give it some proper friends.  If you do ever get glamorous with this please share what you get!

Binge with that legendary understatement. A few expensive pens huh? :))

* CPTBadAss has successfully wallethacked Binge

Bwahaha

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #36389 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 09:47:51 »

Bwahaha

Oh hell, just throw a nib on a feather and call it a day.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36390 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 10:03:46 »
All of my money goes towards video games and mechanical keyboards... and now inks and pens and stuff.. Books, I have about 700 on my iPad but.. I didn't buy most of them haha. I'm an avid reader but usually download books, or actually go to the library :x Oh.. and coffee. A lot of money also goes to coffee to use in my french press... another addiction of mine.

Books are the only things I've been collecting since I was a kid. Well, I guess video games, too, but not really putting them on display until a few years ago.
I have a system to keep me in check from overspending on books, though; like you, I get books from the library. I also get them from other sources, and if I like them well enough that I think I'll reference or re-read them in the future, then I'll seek a nice edition to add to my bookshelf.

I actually just got an espresso machine as a gift recently. I'll have to figure out how to use it...

Nail haul Syribo. And I'm conflicted on Nakayas. I'm not sure I have the best experience with them. The model I have isn't urushi or anything and the nib is a sharp cursive italic. So far, I think they're overrated but I'm looking forward to trying other models.

Nakayas, I think, are overrated for the price. As a display piece, they're beautiful. But as a writing instrument, which is what they are first and foremost, they're lacking. I was not impressed with the nib, and I may tune it myself instead of sending it off to have it further adjusted. At >$600, Nakayas are too pricey since you can get better nibs for cheaper.
I actually considered selling mine, but it has my name in kanji on the side so that's a no-go.

The reason I first wanted a Nakaya was from watching Mottishaw's video of the Dorsal Fin. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want one still...

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #36391 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 10:11:33 »
Finally got my hands on some GMK!  Olivetti:D

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #36392 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 11:06:49 »

DT770s and an X201
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #36393 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 11:45:57 »
Show Image

That's a non-standard bottom row if I've ever seen one.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #36394 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 11:53:16 »

Bwahaha

Bro you got me hooked on some dope coke and hookers.  I'm sorta partied out there. :p

<3

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #36395 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 14:28:24 »

Bwahaha

Bro you got me hooked on some dope coke and hookers.  I'm sorta partied out there. :p

<3

Sounds like a trip to Vegas  :cool:

Offline Syribo

« Reply #36396 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 15:13:14 »
First off, I got my very first artisans ever! :D

I love them, I put them right onto my Ducky Shine 4 I love how they all look... but now I need moar. MOAR Artisans. Pink ones especially. Every time someone posts a picture of their pink Brobots, I cry a little bit out of jealousy hahaha.

And I got my custom leather journal cover from Oberon.. it's freaking beautiful!!

Still have a few more things coming. I also found myself REALLY close to buying a set of Miami Tai-hao keycaps today, but then I remembered how much money I spent lately.. and exited the page haha. One day.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #36397 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 15:32:09 »
Show Image

Show Image

I love them, I put them right onto my Ducky Shine 4 I love how they all look... but now I need moar. MOAR Artisans. Pink ones especially. Every time someone posts a picture of their pink Brobots, I cry a little bit out of jealousy hahaha.

And I got my custom leather journal cover from Oberon.. it's freaking beautiful!!
Show Image

Show Image

Still have a few more things coming. I also found myself REALLY close to buying a set of Miami Tai-hao keycaps today, but then I remembered how much money I spent lately.. and exited the page haha. One day.

Wow, that cover is beautiful. Nice get. Must be exciting to write journal entries in it every day!  :thumb:

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36398 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 15:57:05 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Just checked out Oberon's website. Love the covers, but that handle would drive me nuts when writing on the left pages.

When you say "custom," was that one you designed, or that he offered it on his store pre-made?

Offline Syribo

« Reply #36399 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:25:06 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Just checked out Oberon's website. Love the covers, but that handle would drive me nuts when writing on the left pages.

When you say "custom," was that one you designed, or that he offered it on his store pre-made?
I just picked out the design from the ones available, and the color :) I spent a long time deciding between the three colors available for this design.. but ended up with the purple-pink one, and it's beautiful.

By handle, do you mean the pen holder? Or the clasp on the front? I never thought about the pen holder being annoying to write on... but it kinda is. It seems like it will be better once I'm further in my book, but with the first few pages, it's kinda in the way haha. Not so bad that it will really affect writing, but conscious that it is there.