Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20318131 times)

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #39350 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 14:57:36 »
Show Image

Same cap as Conduit Grey, but with gold eyes!

Is that one of the ??? Skull caps
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #39351 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 15:01:52 »
Show Image

Must be!  Yellow and grey is not my fave combination, but I bet rowdy would be all over that.  :D

Offline xredman

« Reply #39352 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 15:05:22 »
Show Image

Yes! This is the ??? skull cap.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39353 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 15:14:00 »
Show Image

Show Image

Must be!  Yellow and grey is not my fave combination, but I bet rowdy would be all over that.  :D

Rowdy's appreciation for yellow goes to a weird place for me.

I imagine someone placing a flaming bag of poop on his door step, ringing the bell and him coming out and stomping it. He realizes the crap on his boots and goes to full seeing red fury over it. Then, upon closer inspection, he notices some yellow kernels and thinks to himself, "Well, not quite as bad as I thought." and his fury level drops from red to orange, you know, cause red and yellow make orange?

Show Image

Nice. That was my second option.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #39354 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 15:19:51 »
Show Image

Very nice, mesmerizing!

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #39355 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 15:25:26 »
Show Image

So sickkkk  :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #39356 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 15:34:32 »

I imagine someone placing a flaming bag of poop on his door step, ringing the bell and him coming out and stomping it. He realizes the crap on his boots and goes to full seeing red fury over it. Then, upon closer inspection, he notices some yellow kernels and thinks to himself, "Well, not quite as bad as I thought." and his fury level drops from red to orange, you know, cause red and yellow make orange?

LOL, this is exactly what would happen.  :))

"Huh, I think I see some yellow.  Meh, not so bad after all."

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #39357 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 15:42:38 »
Show Image

woo that's really cool.  congrats man.

hmm mailman just stopped by as i replied.  brb.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #39358 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 16:05:16 »
Show Image

Nice  :eek:  very very cool.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Connly33

« Reply #39359 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 16:08:18 »
Got 3/4 of the part's for my first build today.

A used Pok3r case, a set of thick PBT keys from geek key ( just set them on top of my top plate to see how they would look )  and 110 Clear MX switches, which i sacrificed one to my curiosity because i hadn't opened a cherry MX switch before and i wanted to see what the contacts were like.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 December 2015, 16:09:51 by Connly33 »

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #39360 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 16:52:31 »
Some sick-ass DOOM caps:

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #39361 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 16:54:00 »
I'm a day late on this but Kudos and Koala sent @MrsSpeedBump and I a few small gifts. Some more secret than others  :rolleyes:

Show Image

:-*

You can't just keep us hanging with that censore LSB. Its just not right :(

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #39362 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:14:00 »
Got my acceptance letter to my top choice college! I also got a NIB typewriter, but that wasn't in the mail :D.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #39363 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:14:43 »
got some new Bro's in. I might take pics later.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #39364 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:15:05 »
Got my acceptance letter to my top choice college! I also got a NIB typewriter, but that wasn't in the mail :D.

Show Image

kickass.  congrats man!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #39365 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:15:50 »

Show Image

Grats, bud.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #39366 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:20:23 »
Got my acceptance letter to my top choice college! I also got a NIB typewriter, but that wasn't in the mail :D .

Show Image

What bachelor's degree will you get?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #39367 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:25:04 »

Show Image

Congrats man. Nice typewriter.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #39368 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:27:04 »
Show Image

This is awesome!

Got 530mL from Mech Sauce

And a Groovey Gecko AKG cable from Pexon for my K7XX's =]

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #39369 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:31:48 »
GMK WKL + HHKB for Cyrillic and PCB stabilizers arrived, so i was able to finish my FaceW build with the layout i wanted  :D  Was going to use a IMSTO Red universal plate instead of the silver one, but it turns out the IMSTO plate doesnt actually support ISO enter because the border on the plate is to thick for a switch to be installed.  Was also going to install red LEDs but the GMK caps were to thick even for the square LEDs.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #39370 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:36:08 »

Show Image

Congrats!  Not only that, but if your envelope seems to indicate you got into the honor's college as well. 

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39371 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:38:09 »

Show Image

That's big!
Congrats! my definition of top college is lots of hot chicks
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #39372 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:40:54 »
Show Image

That cap is so cool! That was my first choice!

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #39373 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:42:50 »
Show Image

This is awesome!

Show Image

Show Image

Yo what?! I thought the K7XX's didn't have a removable cable?
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #39374 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 20:05:21 »

Guys ... he's reading this!

My so-called "obsession" does not go quite that far.  Although I must admit that particular Clack is very nice indeed.

+1 would view again.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #39375 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 20:12:32 »
GMK WKL + HHKB for Cyrillic and PCB stabilizers arrived, so i was able to finish my FaceW build with the layout i wanted  :D  Was going to use a IMSTO Red universal plate instead of the silver one, but it turns out the IMSTO plate doesnt actually support ISO enter because the border on the plate is to thick for a switch to be installed.  Was also going to install red LEDs but the GMK caps were to thick even for the square LEDs.

Show Image

That is a nice layout that I wanted to try once, before; ;now, I am very happy with an standard winkeyless ANSI keyboard that can take any OC Cherry set. I like the ISO enter but it is very hard to get it along with ANSI sets.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #39376 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 20:13:56 »
Show Image

This is awesome!

Show Image

Show Image

Yo what?! I thought the K7XX's didn't have a removable cable?

Well... surprise! They do. Take a look at the pictures on the Massdrop page. If I had them at home and not at work, I'd take a picture.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-headphones?mode=guest_open

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39377 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 20:15:16 »

My so-called "obsession" does not go quite that far.  Although I must admit that particular Clack is very nice indeed.

+1 would view again.

I thought it was a good story that had a level of believability to it. I really wouldn't expect you to be ok with any level of yellow **** on your shoes.
Keyboards
More

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #39378 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:04:55 »

Show Image

That is a nice layout that I wanted to try once, before; ;now, I am very happy with an standard winkeyless ANSI keyboard that can take any OC Cherry set. I like the ISO enter but it is very hard to get it along with ANSI sets.
So far im really liking it, ISO enter is my favorite, and i always hit the backspace key near the end so i thought it would be a good idea to get an extra key out of it  :) I could have also added HHKB style right shift but didnt because i thought split backspace was enough.  If i ever wanted to change the caps it would be extremely hard to find another set, but i decided to dedicate this board to only this set of caps  :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #39379 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:11:57 »

+1 would view again.

I thought it was a good story that had a level of believability to it. I really wouldn't expect you to be ok with any level of yellow **** on your shoes.

:thumb:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39380 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:14:09 »
Got some fun stuff in the mail:

Tapbots hoodie from Cotton Bureau (it's really, really comfy)

90x 55g and 62g springs from GON, and a custom sleeved USB cable to better match my keycaps

Cherry G80-3700 HQAUS, mostly want to try different springs, sliders, and lube with this. I went and put some artisans on too

..and wait, what's this??? It's a Christmas present from ansario! He got it in the mail, wrapped it up, and came over to my place to chill and play Fallout 4. I mentioned I wanted a Ferrari F40 kit a while back when we were in a Lego store in Raleigh, and he managed to get it for me! Gonna have a lot of fun building this over the holiday break. Thanks buddy! :D

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #39381 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:16:05 »

+1 would view again.

rowdy is in denial  :blank:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #39382 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:18:27 »

+1 would view again.

rowdy is in denial  :blank:

Rowdy has never even been to Egypt, never mind swimming in their river!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39383 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:20:40 »

..and wait, what's this??? It's a Christmas present from ansario! He got it in the mail, wrapped it up, and came over to my place to chill and play Fallout 4. I mentioned I wanted a Ferrari F40 kit a while back when we were in a Lego store in Raleigh, and he managed to get it for me! Gonna have a lot of fun building this over the holiday break. Thanks buddy! :D

Show Image

very nice lego and gift! :)
have you start putting it together?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #39384 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:27:00 »

Always wanted one of these as a kid. Might have to pick one up... or a Deathstar.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:28:32 by UsualSuspectXXX »

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39385 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:50:13 »

very nice lego and gift! :)
have you start putting it together?

Not yet, I want to set aside some time to build it. Christmas day or so would be the easiest for me, and gives me something to do when I visit family :)

Always wanted one of these as a kid. Might have to pick one up... or a Deathstar.

I really like the Architecture series. Not too big, fun to build, not terribly expensive.

I've seen both deathstars in person (the old 3500pc and the newer one), prefer the old one but that is hard to find. Wouldn't pay $400 for the new one but after joining geekhack I wouldn't question a Star Wars/Lego fan making such a purchase...
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:52:26 by jerue »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #39386 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:44:01 »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #39387 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:53:17 »

I really like the Architecture series. Not too big, fun to build, not terribly expensive.

I've seen both deathstars in person (the old 3500pc and the newer one), prefer the old one but that is hard to find. Wouldn't pay $400 for the new one but after joining geekhack I wouldn't question a Star Wars/Lego fan making such a purchase...

I've actually got a few from the architecture series. So far, only ones of places I've been to. And yea, I'd only be interested in trying to find the original deathstart... pretty expensive if you can find one.

*cough* LEGO *cough*.

Thanks, just sub'd to a couple more threads!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #39388 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:46:47 »
Great mail day or greatest mail day?

To start, some delicious looking cranberry crisp chocolate:

Then an awesome boop cap:

And some sexy Clacks:

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #39389 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:48:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

And some sexy Clacks:

Show Image

Show Image

Teach me nubb, how do I get all the swag like you do? Also could we get a bigger pic of of the keypacitor? It looks dope

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #39390 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:48:46 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #39391 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:56:09 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

And some sexy Clacks:

Show Image

Show Image

Teach me nubb, how do I get all the swag like you do? Also could we get a bigger pic of of the keypacitor? It looks dope

Hand out a ton of "favors" to people. 

But seriously, it's a luck thing.  I rarely get a ton of stuff like this, this is a rare happening.

More pics here.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39392 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:58:23 »
And some sexy Clacks:

Show Image

Awesome haul Nubb,
That fluxcap is to die for , so jelly..... ;D

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #39393 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:59:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

And some sexy Clacks:

Show Image

Show Image

Wtf, would steal mail.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #39394 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 01:14:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

And some sexy Clacks:

Show Image

Show Image

Daaaayyyyyymmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... no better words.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39395 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 03:11:13 »
Star Wars X Keyboard

They got my money....

Star Wars sleeve by Hanshen, on Flickr

oh and one of this x-post

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49189.msg1979893#msg1979893

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #39396 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 03:15:33 »
Star Wars X Keyboard

They got my money....

cool, i got one with the same design as well, except i picked the variation with the different colored pocket.

i'm still waiting for my samurai boba fett figure.  you got yours so early!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #39397 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 03:17:49 »

Show Image

that ewok cap is awesome.  and bonus points since it is pre-george lucas tinkering as well... no eyelids.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39398 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 03:20:14 »
Star Wars X Keyboard

They got my money....

cool, i got one with the same design as well, except i picked the variation with the different colored pocket.

i'm still waiting for my samurai boba fett figure.  you got yours so early!

I'm kinda disappointed that the full size didn't fit my NCR/G80 while I've been informed that it will
but it fits one of my costar alps keyboard which is sleeveless

yeah, got it early from my regular star wars supplier in Japan :D can't wait for the Red Guard

Offline Fredrik

« Reply #39399 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 03:22:25 »
Got my pok3r, so I could throw out my old mech keyboard, it was getting on my nerves.