Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20263780 times)

Offline ccarlitos2

Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #41600 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 02:22:55 »

and everything together OuO

Show Image

sadly, im going to cut down on the spending for the next couple of months. maybe one here or there.. but i need to get this car first

Not gonna lose the vinyl game

Best album ever from start til the end

Show Image

Have you heard their first album aim and ignite??????
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #41601 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 02:29:14 »
Valentine keyset. :D Plus a bunch of free 8 bit heart key caps that Bunny threw in, woo hoo!

Also, shoes. Nobody will care about my shoes.
But I care about my shoes.

Show Image
Show Image

Those on the left look incredibly warm. like a blanket for your feet!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline sarahnicole

• //add comment here later
« Reply #41602 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 02:32:21 »
Valentine keyset. :D Plus a bunch of free 8 bit heart key caps that Bunny threw in, woo hoo!

Show Image
Show Image

Hahaha, they're much like a blanket for your feet. :))

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #41603 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 02:35:09 »

Show Image
Show Image

If there is one thing I've learned, sometimes you need a blanket for your feet. Running shoes + cold weather are not the best of friends, and I'm in SoCal so it doesn't even get that cold.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41604 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 02:48:34 »

and everything together OuO

Show Image

sadly, im going to cut down on the spending for the next couple of months. maybe one here or there.. but i need to get this car first

Not gonna lose the vinyl game

Best album ever from start til the end

Show Image

Have you heard their first album aim and ignite??????

Not yet, but currently addicted to this
each tracks link so well with each other

will give Aim and ignite a try tonight
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #41605 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 03:13:33 »
Got the EnjoyPBT caps today and the Doom cap yesterday.  :thumb:
(Attachment Link)

Sweet! I can't wait to get a set of these.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline sarahnicole

« Reply #41606 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 03:45:16 »

Show Image
Show Image

If there is one thing I've learned, sometimes you need a blanket for your feet. Running shoes + cold weather are not the best of friends, and I'm in SoCal so it doesn't even get that cold.

Definitely! I'm in SoCal too so I'm a baby when it comes to cold weather haha. I've been dying in this unusually cold and rainy winter we've been having this year.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #41607 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 03:57:17 »

Show Image
Show Image

Definitely! I'm in SoCal too so I'm a baby when it comes to cold weather haha. I've been dying in this unusually cold and rainy winter we've been having this year.

You guys have the weather I love. I guess I should just give demik my uggs.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #41608 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 06:16:27 »

Show Image
Show Image

I need those fluffy slippers. My feet are ****ing freezing.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #41609 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 10:31:21 »

Show Image
Show Image

Is this clackvent Sarah or asdfw/e Sarah?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #41610 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 12:19:17 »
Overnight shipping is gucci

I love Elzy

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #41611 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 12:28:14 »
Keyboard Community stickers! Super pumped on the pizzagram haha

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #41612 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 14:33:20 »
idk why but I was so hyped for this  :thumb:

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #41613 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 14:34:26 »

Show Image

It is a pretty nice keypuller.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #41614 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 14:36:51 »

Show Image

That sticker is dank af
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 February 2016, 14:42:54 by demik »

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #41615 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 14:39:15 »
That sticker is dank af

Just gotta decide where to stick it

Offline sarahnicole

« Reply #41616 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 15:19:23 »

Show Image
Show Image

Is this clackvent Sarah or asdfw/e Sarah?

I'm pretty sure that's the same Sarah hahahaha. But yes, that's me. I'm asdfjkl's girlfriend but I was also in the Clackvent? Which was like the only thing I've ever posted in because I'm usually a lurking weirdo.

Offline E3E

« Reply #41617 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 15:20:50 »

THIS. Is not Cherry MX Clear.

:3

It's Vintage Cherry MX White! :D

120 of them!

They are visually virtually indistinguishable from MX Clears. The click is super subtle too. I need to see how these are in Zealio housings.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #41618 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 15:42:13 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

120 of them!

They are visually virtually indistinguishable from MX Clears. The click is super subtle too. I need to see how these are in Zealio housings.

What's so different between vintage White and modern White? Just smoother?

Offline E3E

« Reply #41619 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 15:51:51 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

120 of them!

I honestly have no idea, as I have never tried modern whites. They are light though, which IIRC, is a contrast to modern MX whites, which are heavy.

The click is very subdued but this is due to the housings. The stems transferred into a zealio housing produced a click similar to the greens I have (only clicky MX switches I have on hand).

My experience in terms of Cherry MX is all over the place--I've tried reds, vintage blacks, haven't tried blues, have tried old worn clears and made ergos out of them, modern clears, gateron clears, kailh yellows, and mx greens.

Never tried browns, blues, or modern blacks, modern whites, or any of the grey varieties.

-

But yeah, I bought them mainly because I hyped up the idea of a deceptive switch, an all clear switch in a Zealo housing that was neither Clears swapped into Zealios or w/ Gat switch tops, OR linear Zealios.

I thought it'd be a fun  thing to do, especially with bottom RGB lighting diffusing through the entire switch.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41620 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 16:20:26 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

120 of them!

I honestly have no idea, as I have never tried modern whites. They are light though, which IIRC, is a contrast to modern MX whites, which are heavy.

The click is very subdued but this is due to the housings. The stems transferred into a zealio housing produced a click similar to the greens I have (only clicky MX switches I have on hand).

My experience in terms of Cherry MX is all over the place--I've tried reds, vintage blacks, haven't tried blues, have tried old worn clears and made ergos out of them, modern clears, gateron clears, kailh yellows, and mx greens.

Never tried browns, blues, or modern blacks, modern whites, or any of the grey varieties.

-

But yeah, I bought them mainly because I hyped up the idea of a deceptive switch, an all clear switch in a Zealo housing that was neither Clears swapped into Zealios or w/ Gat switch tops, OR linear Zealios.

I thought it'd be a fun  thing to do, especially with bottom RGB lighting diffusing through the entire switch.
Do you get constant click on all those?
I mean I had to buy 200ish vintage whites to get enough for a full board with constant click, half of them ended up with no click just tactile

Offline Alex92

« Reply #41621 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 16:38:14 »
Got these over the past few days  :)

Offline E3E

« Reply #41622 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:12:52 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

120 of them!

-

I mean I had to buy 200ish vintage whites to get enough for a full board with constant click, half of them ended up with no click just tactile

Oh, are yours also translucent white? Do they have the little nub on the slider as most Cherry MX clicky switches do, or are they completely smooth?

These all seem to be very subtle in their click, incredibly so, but if the slider is swapped into a Zealio or likely any other housing, the click volume is higher. It's weird how the housing has a play in these. The housing does look different than most I've seen, even compared to vintage blacks.

It looks very "robust" which is hard to really describe.

I'll test them all out and let you know about the clicks!

Where did you source yours from if I may ask?

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41623 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:56:06 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

120 of them!

-

Oh, are yours also translucent white? Do they have the little nub on the slider as most Cherry MX clicky switches do, or are they completely smooth?

These all seem to be very subtle in their click, incredibly so, but if the slider is swapped into a Zealio or likely any other housing, the click volume is higher. It's weird how the housing has a play in these. The housing does look different than most I've seen, even compared to vintage blacks.

It's translucent white and have little dot, I bought them off 7bit years ago since I love my switches clicky. He told me that it was gonna be the last batch so I bought them all

A year ago I decided to put it on my LightSaver2, and with 200ish switches I still ended up with 4 key having non consistent clicks on my lightsaver

It's heaven to type though

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #41624 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 18:41:07 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

120 of them!

-

It's translucent white and have little dot, I bought them off 7bit years ago since I love my switches clicky. He told me that it was gonna be the last batch so I bought them all

A year ago I decided to put it on my LightSaver2, and with 200ish switches I still ended up with 4 key having non consistent clicks on my lightsaver

Hmm... Sounds like I may have to go for vintage White switches rather than modern.

Offline E3E

« Reply #41625 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 18:52:14 »

They are very pleasant to play with right now. The housings seem to be the cause of the inconsistent clicking though. In the Zealios they all sound very similar, albeit louder. I'm not sure what I'm going to do in the end. I definitely want them in  my Octagon v2. Question is if I'll keep them as they are, put them in Zealio housings w/ 62g springs, or lube the stock springs and keep them in their normal housings to eliminate any and all ping.

I have indeed noticed some clicks being louder than others, but if pressed slowly, they all seem to sound similar enough! I am not TOO worried about clicks, but ping annoys me. That's one thing I'm very sensitive to.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #41626 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 19:34:51 »
Stuff and things.

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #41627 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 19:42:22 »
I just got a Netgear R7000 I can't wait to install dd-wrt on it
I want clacks

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #41628 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:00:11 »

Offline E3E

« Reply #41629 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:53:05 »
Hmm... Sounds like I may have to go for vintage White switches rather than modern.

Here's a sound comparison! :D I really like how they sound in Zealios. They sound a little interesting as they are stock. Very subtle. The mic picks up the rattle they make more than the human ear can, but I still think I prefer them in Zealios, which is good, since that's what I had hoped for!

Here's a sound comparison for vintage MX whites, vintage whites in Zealio housings, and then modern MX green done on a bent case Infinity w/ PBT caps. That board makes a fantastic switch tester, haha.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7wy2NQWCera0FZUE9OLS1sdGM/view?usp=sharing

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41630 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 21:16:09 »

Here's a sound comparison! :D I really like how they sound in Zealios. They sound a little interesting as they are stock. Very subtle. The mic picks up the rattle they make more than the human ear can, but I still think I prefer them in Zealios, which is good, since that's what I had hoped for!

Here's a sound comparison for vintage MX whites, vintage whites in Zealio housings, and then modern MX green done on a bent case Infinity w/ PBT caps. That board makes a fantastic switch tester, haha.

That's very informative E3E , especially for someone like me who loves clicky stuff :)
thank you

I see that mechanicalkeyboards.com has some whites, so are those modern whites?

Offline E3E

« Reply #41631 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 21:17:17 »

That's very informative E3E , especially for someone like me who loves clicky stuff :)
thank you

You're very welcome!

Yeah, I don't think they're selling NOS switches at all, so they're likely modern!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #41632 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 21:17:34 »

Yup!

Offline E3E

« Reply #41633 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 21:27:34 »
Whoa, guys... Have you seen this kind of variation in contact leaves?

This is vintage MX white vs old MX clears

I first noticed this when the zealio's contacts were for some reason standing out, then I glanced at the opened vintage MX whites and had a *ding* moment.

EDIT: Cross posted to Simpler Questions, Simple Answers since it's more relevant there.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 February 2016, 21:31:07 by E3E »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #41634 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 21:28:59 »
Few more Ravens to add to the mix.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #41635 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 21:37:49 »

Great clip, E3E. Thanks for that! So the vintage whites were just swapped into the Zealio housing, which are just standard Gateron housings, right?

Also, love the complicated Alps. First time hearing what they sound like.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #41636 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 21:59:43 »
Stuff and things.

Show Image

I want that stump....
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline E3E

« Reply #41637 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 22:03:29 »

Great clip, E3E. Thanks for that! So the vintage whites were just swapped into the Zealio housing, which are just standard Gateron housings, right?

Also, love the complicated Alps. First time hearing what they sound like.

Thanks man!

They are modified to Zeal's specifications, but they are derived from Gateron housings. I have no idea how similar or different they are, but they do seem to have a lower melting point.

I swapped some vintage whites into a modern housing and the click changed. I'm thinking it's either that old style contact leaf design or the housing itself that's doing it, but I definitely like them most in Zealios.

They are still subtle, but crisp. They remind me of quieter blue Alps, tbh. Probably because I've always felt the blue Alps' click to be quite refined and soft yet appealing.

When I tried the greens in Zealio housings, they were ew and rattled a bit to boot.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #41638 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 23:15:49 »
The box came exactly like this but luckily it was packaged tightly and nothing fell out :3

Tasty jellies... I think  :confused:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #41639 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 23:54:45 »

Show Image
Show Image

i think the most annoying part is the fact it's constantly changing. cold one day, hot another. at least in LA it's like that. that's why i can't get off my damn cold :(

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #41640 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 00:14:06 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

120 of them!

Jealous, need to search for some of those sometime.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline sarahnicole

« Reply #41641 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 00:20:33 »

The box came exactly like this but luckily it was packaged tightly and nothing fell out :3

Show Image

Tasty jellies... I think  :confused:

Show Image

I am beyond jealous of those. 0__0

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #41642 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 00:56:38 »
Whoa, guys... Have you seen this kind of variation in contact leaves?

This is vintage MX white vs old MX clears

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I first noticed this when the zealio's contacts were for some reason standing out, then I glanced at the opened vintage MX whites and had a *ding* moment.

EDIT: Cross posted to Simpler Questions, Simple Answers since it's more relevant there.

Yup, seen it many times.   From what I've seen, there doesn't seem to be any real logic to what has them and what doesn't outside of they tend to be in older switches.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #41643 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 01:24:12 »

totes ate the coffee crisp before even looking at the keycap OnO
danke hoff  ;)

my kohai came through earlier this week

kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitty and some sweet KK blanks

some topre delights. i did actually think the spectral blue was literally a blue cap upon purchasing, i dun goof'd lol
no GID effects for you, because butts

stuff for my teefs!

ermehgerd

these really snazzy FNs and blanks and da cutie turtle shell from a cool duder on reddit

and more stickers plus some for demik cuz he's like cool and things
cooler than hoff, I would say

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #41644 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 01:26:45 »
Show Image

totes ate the coffee crisp before even looking at the keycap OnO
danke hoff  ;)

Show Image

my kohai came through earlier this week

Show Image

kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitty and some sweet KK blanks

Show Image

some topre delights. i did actually think the spectral blue was literally a blue cap upon purchasing, i dun goof'd lol
no GID effects for you, because butts

Show Image

stuff for my teefs!

Show Image

ermehgerd

Show Image

these really snazzy FNs and blanks and da cutie turtle shell from a cool duder on reddit

Show Image

and more stickers plus some for demik cuz he's like cool and things
cooler than hoff, I would say

oh, okay.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #41645 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 01:28:53 »
You can always tell who did a trade with or bought from skcheng.  There's always oral hygiene stuff there.  The retainer box keycap holder is a new one for me though.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #41646 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 01:29:15 »
ಠ_ಠ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #41648 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 01:32:50 »