Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20317966 times)

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #18150 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 21:17:20 »
I made a trip to a local E-Waste recycler today...

$32 for the whole batch. I'm not sure how many work yet, but on top of the obvious Model Ms  & behemoth F there are three boards with Monterey Blues, and a few with White Alps.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #18151 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 21:19:46 »

Show Image

$32 for the whole batch. I'm not sure how many work yet, but on top of the obvious Model Ms  & behemoth F there are three boards with Monterey Blues, and a few with White Alps.

:eek:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #18152 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 21:20:13 »

Show Image

I see a Monterey Blue.  If you got any interesting Alps boards (read not white or black) that you're willing to let go of for cheap, I'm definitely interested.  I need more interesting stuff to review.

And that bottom middle one looks like a funky Alps version G80-1800.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 21:21:46 by nubbinator »

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #18153 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 21:46:13 »

Show Image

Very nice grab, I haven't been able to get my local e-waste group to go along with me coming in and picking stuff out.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #18154 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 21:52:07 »
Last time I went to my local one I got a Lexmark Model M for $5 and an AEK II for $5.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline intelli78

« Reply #18155 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 23:17:34 »
Jelly.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #18156 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 23:19:16 »
Jelly.

I wish I got jelly in the mail :(
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #18157 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 23:20:59 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #18158 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 23:22:43 »

Show Image

Dat mtek.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Irisviel

« Reply #18159 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 23:32:54 »
57100-0 3000Layout PCB ;D

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #18160 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 23:39:45 »
AKG K712 Pro that I got earlier in the mail. It's so light and comfortable!  :eek:
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #18161 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 00:06:49 »
AKG K712 Pro that I got earlier in the mail. It's so light and comfortable!  :eek:
Show Image

Oh man.. that thing is so awesome. I wish I had one!!! Will look forward to what you think of it in the headphone section??? :P

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #18162 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 00:14:19 »
Show Image

Oh man.. that thing is so awesome. I wish I had one!!! Will look forward to what you think of it in the headphone section??? :P

I'm still new in the audiophile world! I don't think I'd be able to say much. :p
Been waiting for a couple months for it to show up on MassDrop though. Orange also happens to be my favourite colour, so it was literally the perfect match/upgrade!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #18163 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 00:26:15 »
Show Image

I'm still new in the audiophile world! I don't think I'd be able to say much. :p
Been waiting for a couple months for it to show up on MassDrop though. Orange also happens to be my favourite colour, so it was literally the perfect match/upgrade!

Glad to see your patience paid off! It's an absolutely beautiful looking and sounding headphone! I tend to like Audio Technica headphones but the AKG 7 series headphones have always had be interested.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #18164 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 00:26:51 »
Show Image

Very nice. about anything would be an upgrade over the turtle beach ones I have on my PC right now.  But I do use the mic quite a bit.  The orange looks like it would go nice with the Nostalgia set.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #18165 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 00:31:24 »
Show Image

Very nice. about anything would be an upgrade over the turtle beach ones I have on my PC right now.  But I do use the mic quite a bit.  The orange looks like it would go nice with the Nostalgia set.

Just do what I did and get a nice pair of headphones and a Zalman ZM 01 and just attach it to the cord. If you're willing to drop some dough though, you can also get a AntLion mod mic. Metallica deserves better than Turtlebeach :P

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #18166 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 00:43:51 »
Show Image

Really wished I had joined the nostalgia GB, but was wallet hacked and I'm not really a fan of the thin ABS DCS caps.  :(

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #18167 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 00:50:17 »

Show Image

Dat mtek.

Pretty happy that that one ended up having Monterey Blues. The last one I owned I purchased off eBay, and it had white alps, which was a little disappointing.

Show Image

I see a Monterey Blue.  If you got any interesting Alps boards (read not white or black) that you're willing to let go of for cheap, I'm definitely interested.  I need more interesting stuff to review.

And that bottom middle one looks like a funky Alps version G80-1800.

I'm sure most of these will be up for sale, I have no idea what I'd do with all of them. I'll get them cleaned, tested, and sorted soon  :D

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #18168 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 00:51:42 »
Show Image

Just do what I did and get a nice pair of headphones and a Zalman ZM 01 and just attach it to the cord. If you're willing to drop some dough though, you can also get a AntLion mod mic. Metallica deserves better than Turtlebeach :P

I wish I had the cash for a good set of headphones right now but the Toxic set was a little steeper than I anticipated.  But i don't listen to music on my PC that much anymore.  I usually just wait until the wife is at work and kids are at school and crank up my Z-5500's.  I know def not audiophile quality but still not bad for only paying $250 for them a number of years ago and I have a pretty small living room so they fill it pretty decent.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #18169 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 01:05:13 »
Show Image

how's the headband?  I owned the K701 and I found the headband very stiff and hurt my head after having it on for over an hour.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #18170 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 01:13:45 »
Show Image

how's the headband?  I owned the K701 and I found the headband very stiff and hurt my head after having it on for over an hour.

I hear the Q701 headband hurts a lot too because of the pads, and you end up like this:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2le6ozl.jpg

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #18171 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 01:29:53 »
Show Image

I hear the Q701 headband hurts a lot too because of the pads, and you end up like this:

Haha!
AKG removed the bumps on the headband so it's only plain leather now. I've been listening to it for a couple hours and have not felt any pressure points. The earcup are made of memory foam, and are definitely a lot wider than what I've ever tried/owned.
I've got quite a big head and I'd usually feel clamping from headphones/headsets (mostly closed ones), but these were extremely comfortable and stayed in place without any painful clamping!

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #18172 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 01:34:28 »
Show Image

Haha!
AKG removed the bumps on the headband so it's only plain leather now. I've been listening to it for a couple hours and have not felt any pressure points. The earcup are made of memory foam, and are definitely a lot wider than what I've ever tried/owned.
I've got quite a big head and I'd usually feel clamping from headphones/headsets (mostly closed ones), but these were extremely comfortable and stayed in place without any painful clamping!

yeah i got rid of my k701's because of those bumps lol
Most comfortable headphones i've owned are the Audio Technica ones with the feather headband or whatever they call it

Still love my AD700s lol

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #18173 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 01:45:29 »
Following the audio trend up above, I received the two guys on the left (2nd and 3rd gen) and the one two from the right (5th gen) today.  Doubled my collection in one go.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #18174 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 02:03:58 »
Following the audio trend up above, I received the two guys on the left (2nd and 3rd gen) and the one two from the right (5th gen) today.  Doubled my collection in one go.

Show Image

Oh wow, I remember iPods with the physical buttons! I thought the one with the buttons on the scroll wheel was first gen. What's the first gen then? 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #18175 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 02:17:49 »

Show Image

Oh wow, I remember iPods with the physical buttons! I thought the one with the buttons on the scroll wheel was first gen. What's the first gen then?

1st gen looks essentially the same but the wheel isn't capacitive; it's an actual wheel that rotates around.  2nd gen turned that wheel capacitive, 3rd gen put the buttons above the wheel (and made them capacitive too, so there are no moving buttons), 4th gen added the click wheel (first introduced on the mini), etc...

I'd love to get my hands on a 1st gen for a reasonable price.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #18176 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 04:28:02 »

Show Image

wehat!! coool. I wonder if MN has this kinda place...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18177 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 04:34:37 »
Lotta little things ...

57110-0

57112-1

Potatos of the year, I know, but given the lighting and available time that's as good as it's going to get until the weekend :D

First impression ... lots of green!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #18178 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 05:06:08 »

Show Image

Nice collection there buddy  ;D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #18179 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 06:42:06 »
Got some tweezers, some resistors and some sweet little cables!

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #18180 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 10:35:03 »
Recieved my first BingeCap today. Pictures in the "Post your BingeCap" thread. :)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #18181 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 11:11:59 »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #18182 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 11:33:26 »
Show Image

How are you liking that vice Binge?

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #18183 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 11:52:51 »
G81-3000HAD
G81-1000HAD peacock branded

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #18184 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 12:29:27 »

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #18185 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 12:55:10 »
A dirty Sun Type 5 keyboard with MX Blacks...

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #18186 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 14:28:32 »
a bunch of pro tanks and eGo for a friend
I love Elzy

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #18187 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 15:14:18 »
could not resist anymore................

made the plunge :cool:
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #18188 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 15:16:50 »

Congrats!
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #18189 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 15:21:35 »

Another convert to the Thorpe club!  Nice!

(A club I have yet to join, mind you...)

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #18190 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 15:26:12 »
57133-0

A nice addition to the desk/workbench.  Thanks, Mkawa!   :thumb:

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #18191 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 15:33:44 »
I got a ****ing letter from school saying I have to pay half for a broken door, which I didn't break but some guy blamed me.
****ing *******.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #18192 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 15:42:24 »

Welcome to the wallet abyss.... ;)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18193 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 19:36:33 »
Just came. My life's complete.
57137-0
a little pissed about the damaged box but I planned on opening it anyway, and exchanging it for another because of the box is crazy, right? RIGHT?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #18194 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 19:39:44 »

(Attachment Link)
a little pissed about the damaged box but I planned on opening it anyway, and exchanging it for another because of the box is crazy, right? RIGHT?

Amazon won't deliver mine until tomorrow :(

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18195 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 19:52:30 »

(Attachment Link)

Amazon won't deliver mine until tomorrow :(

A terrible tale, I shall praise the sun twice as hard in your honor sir!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #18196 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 20:11:28 »
(Attachment Link)

Whoa!! I need this. :D awesome.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #18197 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 09:28:12 »
A package from keyBoardgeek Zone:

A set of white Ducky Shine 2 key caps (with bonus coffee and Ducky sticker):

(Note: Bob not included.  He was just inspecting the keycaps)

Thanks HendyZone!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #18198 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 09:32:34 »
Very nice!

I may have to order another Board from Hendy just to get a coffee sample  :p

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #18199 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 09:42:12 »
A package from keyBoardgeek Zone:
Show Image

A set of white Ducky Shine 2 key caps (with bonus coffee and Ducky sticker):
Show Image

(Note: Bob not included.  He was just inspecting the keycaps)

Thanks HendyZone!

I hope Bob love the keycap :))

Very nice!

I may have to order another Board from Hendy just to get a coffee sample  :p

This one :))
http://www.amazon.com/Kopi-Bubuk-Ground-Coffee-6-5oz/dp/B00GOQS1OG/ref=sr_1_2/179-4828913-7608149?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1394635146&sr=1-2