Author Topic: click clack sale discussion [closed]  (Read 52554 times)

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: clack sale today
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 08:07:15 »
It's no suprise, he posted the information well before the time so everyone was able to send the same email at the exact same time. If the information had gone live at 3pm then it might have been a different story.

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 08:08:30 »
That, I'm not mad just utterly surprised that it sold out within 3 seconds and now I'm going to pony up a ton of cash to get one which ofc I would rather not.
They were sold out by the 1 second mark. However we don't really know if 10 people got in or 80 people. If anything the mystery of not knowing how many were available is what infuriates everyone.

made me think of catchofthedays fans get to pick it day, when they have those it almost always crashes the servers and they usually only have like 1 or 2 of the item anyway lol.

probally were like 2 of each cap or something stupid.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 08:20:37 »
That, I'm not mad just utterly surprised that it sold out within 3 seconds and now I'm going to pony up a ton of cash to get one which ofc I would rather not.
They were sold out by the 1 second mark. However we don't really know if 10 people got in or 80 people. If anything the mystery of not knowing how many were available is what infuriates everyone.

made me think of catchofthedays fans get to pick it day, when they have those it almost always crashes the servers and they usually only have like 1 or 2 of the item anyway lol.

probally were like 2 of each cap or something stupid.

I also wonder how many of these were really sold/available. Especially of "C"

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: Re: clack sale today
« Reply #203 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 08:24:25 »
Because it's so hard to believe that it was over in less than 2 seconds. My email was received by the hotmail server at 15:00:03, and I didn't get in.

And because we are not all willing to pay the ridiculous auction prices that you and jcrouse pay for them.

I don't pay ridiculous prices.

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 08:40:47 »

Guys let's just chill out man.. I know some of us are sad and all, but at least we know we tried; luck just wasn't on our side.

I'm sure if cc announced this at 3pm sharp people would complain on why this wasn't notified earlier.

So let's just wait for the next sale, and the next sale, and the next sale  :p
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 September 2012, 09:02:02 by singaporean123 »

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #205 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 09:11:41 »

Guys let's just chill out man.. I know some of us are sad and all, but at least we know we tried; luck just wasn't on our side.

I'm sure if cc announced this at 3pm sharp people would complain on why this wasn't notified earlier.

Talk about good spirit :)
Keyboardless

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #206 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 09:23:03 »
For real...everyone needs to chillax.  If you didn't get one this time try again.  If you dont get one the second time....travel to India sell a few non vital organs then hit up a CC auction. :P
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #207 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 09:38:22 »
You people should be ashamed of your selves, for complaining. He seems open for suggestions, like how WRXChris (I think) made the suggestion for the timer and hey happily added it. Imagine if that werne't there. You'd all be complaining about non-uniform timing standards, or something. Instead of complaining, try and come up with some constructive suggestions to make the system more fair.

OK, OK, flag jacket is on, fire away.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #208 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 09:41:14 »
I'm happy that cactux didnt get one!! heheh xD

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #209 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 09:42:30 »
I was hoping he would!! hehehe xD

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #210 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 09:43:28 »

Hahahahahahabahaahah ha

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #211 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 09:54:48 »

Talk about good spirit :)

haha, I was upset at first, but then I realized that I was upset about a keycap that I've never seen. Maybe there'll be a CC that looks even nicer for me in the future, who knows :D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #212 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 09:56:06 »
You're the only person salty here.

"laughing at users that spend 200+"

I never said you didn't care for CCs, I meant you're acting like you don't care about not getting one with your remark about going back to laughing at people.

Save a dog's life and donate to hopeforpaws, it'll cheer you up.

Ill spend the $50 on my own dog thanks, vet bills are expensive. You think it's hilarious to see a newcomer kb enthusiast long after a cc? ok then, hope you feel better.

I'm merely laughing at the outrageous price flip(s).

You're just a walking contradiction.

No no, don't change your stance now. You are not laughing at the price, you are laughing at the people.

I'm not laughing at you for "longing" after these. I'm laughing at you being a **** because you didn't get one. You're angry so you want to belittle the people that are willing to pay for something they want (not saying the prices they pay are worth it but that's not my problem).
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
clack sale today
« Reply #213 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 10:44:38 »
No luck here either, maybe next round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #214 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 10:48:33 »
I'm going on record for this being a heavily luck influenced decision.  Hell, he may have weighted his metrics in ways that made people like me more lucky than some of the others but I:

-sent from a gmail account
-sent right as counter hit 0, no seconds before nonsense
- haven't been here more than a two weeks

So yeah. /shrug

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #215 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 11:14:44 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 20:28:52 by esoomenona »

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #216 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 11:44:12 »
I vote for 2nd round of CC lottery for people who didn't get any.

Or maybe 1 CC per person next sale so there will be more to go around.
Keyboardless

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #217 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 11:55:38 »
I didn't luck out on this sale as when he posted he was preparing to shield I was thinking that was a 'get ready' signal not the 'go' signal. Live and learn. I like these types of sales. For electronic cigarettes, there is a prized item called the JonBoy Lava Tank, which comes in many designs and colors. The sales were just like this, a free for all cross your fingers and pray deal. I got lucky sometimes, others I didn't. But the adrenaline rush of the sale and having a prized work of art to boot makes these sales a load of fun for me.
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #218 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 11:59:19 »
I think we should lock this thread to prevent people from getting mad at not getting them.

^Not directed at ANYONE, just trying to make sure that this doesn't get out of hand since it is done now.

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #219 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 11:59:22 »
I didn't luck out on this sale as when he posted he was preparing to shield I was thinking that was a 'get ready' signal not the 'go' signal. Live and learn. I like these types of sales. For electronic cigarettes, there is a prized item called the JonBoy Lava Tank, which comes in many designs and colors. The sales were just like this, a free for all cross your fingers and pray deal. I got lucky sometimes, others I didn't. But the adrenaline rush of the sale and having a prized work of art to boot makes these sales a load of fun for me.

Those are some funky looking electronic cigarettes...
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #220 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 11:59:36 »
I like it the way it is, no need to change anything.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #221 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 12:16:18 »
I think we should lock this thread to prevent people from getting mad at not getting them.

^Not directed at ANYONE, just trying to make sure that this doesn't get out of hand since it is done now.

How would locking this thread prevent people from getting mad for not getting one? I don't have anything against you, SmallFry, but I just don't see your point. Oh, I think your point is that we should do everything we can to NOT piss off clickclack. That should be the new motto of Geekhack, instead of "wanna switch?," it can now be "Don't piss off clickclack."

I think a lottery would have been more fair, instead of relying on the luck of which routes your email takes through the servers to get to the recipient. And then maybe he could do another lottery for the next sale, and exclude the people who got them this time, in order for more people to be able to get them. Just my suggestion.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #222 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 12:18:13 »

Tell me about it...

Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #223 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 12:18:58 »

I don't know, it's kinda nice knowing I'm not the only one in tears :P
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 September 2012, 12:20:31 by baldgye »

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #224 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 12:29:04 »
I wasn't in tears... LOL! I already have two Clacks.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #225 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 12:33:41 »
I need moar!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #226 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 12:36:45 »

Tell me about it...

Show Image

Looks like a vibrator
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #227 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 12:37:50 »

I'm always in tears... on the inside... and yeah I can't be too sad, I already own two clacks... was just hoping I could get one for a reasonable price :P

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #228 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 12:48:10 »

I'm always in tears... on the inside... and yeah I can't be too sad, I already own two clacks... was just hoping I could get one for a reasonable price :P

They are scarce on purpose :)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #229 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 13:02:00 »
I think the best change to be made would be to release info on the number of keys being sold.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #230 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 13:04:48 »
Why?

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #231 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 13:10:13 »
I think the best change to be made would be to release info on the number of keys being sold.

I think this would be a good idea, and like you were saying about a picture too.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
clack sale today
« Reply #232 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 13:11:26 »
that would ruin the mysteriousness :P

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #233 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 13:12:30 »
Why though? The mystery is the fun! This isn't a normal commercial enterprise, don't try to make it one.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #234 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 13:16:51 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 20:28:44 by esoomenona »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #235 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 13:17:13 »
I'd really like more than anything for there to be some thread showing all the CC's that have been made.
I really love looking at his work and random pics are the only real way to even see what he has done for most people so having them in one place would be nice

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #236 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 13:19:22 »
I would love to see that too.

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #237 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 13:23:45 »
that would ruin the mysteriousness :P

You're right. The mystery is part of the fun, too.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #238 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 13:35:08 »
I'd really like more than anything for there to be some thread showing all the CC's that have been made.
I really love looking at his work and random pics are the only real way to even see what he has done for most people so having them in one place would be nice

Here?
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #239 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 13:45:15 »

Here?

while that has a-lot of pics :P i mean more like a list as there are alot of people with the same caps in there :P

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #240 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 15:13:57 »

And yet no where near first. You were the "first" however to miss out on "C".  lol and =(
I was able to get you a "B", in it's place though. =)

good thing I made this thread which caused you to create the countdown timer so I could screw myself out of one of those then.  you're welcome, whoever else got one!

5) It appears that the countdown clock sped up the sale by a huge factor! It seemed to be much more universally reliable and accurate than some previous means. It also seemed to have helped those who might have missed out because they were previously unable to figure out the time zones.

You're welcome.

p.s. this is me begging and pleading for you to hook a glaze-eyed froth-mouthed keycap hungering beast up

edit: i don't think quick > luck when you're going by a countdown timer linked to the official time and you're aware of every interstitial element dictating whether or not something happened at a particular time and you invoke a few hundred millisecond delay upon the paranoid precept that you might somehow arrive EARLY despite the timer based upon some discrepancy somewhere or another

so luck > thinking about things thoroughly and understanding that at some point without a more precise measuring device than the human mind there is absolutely no degree of skill or distinction to be drawn.

also: http://typingzone.com/?page=contest_en #3 see: typeracer.com, etc so quick isn't an issue for me.  I am one of the fastest typists alive, I know too much about information systems, and this thing happens so quickly that it is simply just random, and only.

not complaining, just saying since i prefer accurate conclusions

edit 2: thinking about how i live on the east coast and he lives on the west coast and the delicate interplay between all the disparate systems perhaps haphazardly connected and all the factors which come into play in a less-than-one-second-world, oh my mind

edit 3: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36055.0 now there's a thread with someone wanting to trade something i wanted for something i could have easily had were it not for this here thread
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 September 2012, 15:51:31 by precarious »

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #241 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 15:18:00 »
Clickclack just updated the 4grabs thread, sums the situation up nicely.

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #242 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 15:18:22 »
Clickclack just updated the 4grabs thread, sums the situation up nicely.
just summed it up more nicely ;-)_~~

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
clack sale today
« Reply #243 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 15:25:41 »
do not be so sure I just found the 3. I will post pictures as soon as they arrive  :-D :-D
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline fruktstund

• !
« Reply #244 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 15:26:31 »
Did any Gmail user got an email from CC?

Yes, I did.

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2
I also got in. Must mean Gmail in Sweden is on steroids.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #245 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 15:36:53 »
do not be so sure I just found the 3. I will post pictures as soon as they arrive  :-D :-D

Lucky b****rd :D:D

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
clack sale today
« Reply #246 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 15:39:53 »

Lucky b****rd :D:D
Unlucky b a s t a r d :- D
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #247 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 15:56:23 »
Again, congrats to those who got them!  I shouldn't have waited that second to click send, and that seems to be the lesson here (+ a bit of luck).

It seems the email servers and the countdown website are all on atomic time, as I just noticed this: {Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 18:00:02 -0400}  Unfortunately that doesn't tell me when it hit cc's inbox though, and that's where the luck comes in to play!

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #248 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 15:57:29 »
Exactly! Congrats to those that got in!

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #249 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 16:14:06 »
got A + B  ;D

I'm so f*ckin happy!!
But wonder how fast I had to be to get also C (my favourite)