Author Topic: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE  (Read 181737 times)

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
Re: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #450 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 04:54:21 »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited!

me2... I hope I get a candycorn skull :)

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #451 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 05:08:07 »
So it's finished now, wonder how long until the winners are announced ...

Soon  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline Gwizz41

« Reply #452 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 07:09:02 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 January 2016, 10:50:55 by Gwizz41 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #453 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 07:17:51 »
So it's finished now, wonder how long until the winners are announced ...

Soon  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

seeing as it closed on a thursday (or there abouts) would make sense if the results came out (or planned to come out) today because really, who wants to work weekends? Especially when the F1 finally returns to the US to show the yanks what real motorsport is... hurr

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #454 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 07:18:57 »
lol srsly?

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #455 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 07:31:15 »
I believe you will find it says in the other thread that it won't be happening straight away as they need to go over stuff first or something along those lines to ensure people didn't cheat or anything.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #456 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 07:34:28 »
That's this kind of stuff that keeps this thread entertaining,
brilliant!

:-X due to having misread at EliteKeyboards I thought I'd entered a "drawing/artwork/painting" competition to be picked at random - not some lotto draw! - it was only when I was linked to this thread I realised  :-[

You are the one who drew that awesome version of Munch's The Scream with Skeletor with a Clack face and He-Man in the background? I would like a print of your version. Seriously.

Did you miss the lotto entry completely?

Edit: 1337th post. I'm leet now. ;D
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 November 2012, 07:36:13 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Gwizz41

« Reply #457 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 07:41:29 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 January 2016, 10:50:23 by Gwizz41 »

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #458 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 08:17:08 »
We're already aware of some people who are *begging* for disqualification, so I apologize for any delays that come of these weasels.

You should post the list of these people so they can be publicly shammed. The point of the lotto was to try and make things far right? So its only fair to call them out
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #459 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 08:17:42 »
I managed to enter still - just in time!

Here's a link - http://i.imgur.com/RYkHi.jpg
That is an awesome picture by the way! new background time
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #460 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 08:19:38 »
We're already aware of some people who are *begging* for disqualification, so I apologize for any delays that come of these weasels.

You should post the list of these people so they can be publicly shammed. The point of the lotto was to try and make things far right? So its only fair to call them out

Yeah becasue witch hunts are always good for communites.

Offline dirge

« Reply #461 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 08:24:33 »
Or the witches!
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #462 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 08:38:34 »
So...waiting game continues?

ETA on winner announcement?

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #463 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 08:47:10 »

Yeah, I'd love to see this happen to two people who both happened to live in some smaller town.

ONE ENTRY PER 100 SQUARE MILE GEOGRAPHIC AREA SORRY GUYS

I've been over a friend's house for a few days and we both registered from the same IP address so hopefully we're both disqualified because people aren't allowed to be friends or live near each other.

This is what happens when you tell people you're going to sieve for "cheaters," or whatever, but without disclosing your exact methodology.

In which case, people might be able to more effectively "cheat."

So clearly a system which is random, but not random, is the solution.

I'm not really very concerned with this particular sale but I'm perpetually aware of exactly how horribly awry a human's cognition can run when they're "just trying to do the right thing."

Offline Zokudu

« Reply #464 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 08:48:57 »
Hmm, think there might be an issue having entered on a college network? If someone else on campus entered? The idea of cheaters makes me nervous.  :(
Filco Majestouch 2 - Browns | Keycool 84 (POM) - Browns | CMStorm Quick Fire Rapid - Greens

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #465 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 08:54:20 »

Yeah, I'd love to see this happen to two people who both happened to live in some smaller town.

I've been over a friend's house for a few days and we both registered from the same IP address so hopefully we're both disqualified because people aren't allowed to be friends or live near each other.

This is what happens when you tell people you're going to sieve for "cheaters," or whatever, but without disclosing your exact methodology.

I'm not really very concerned with this particular sale but I'm perpetually aware of exactly how horribly awry a human's cognition can run when they're "just trying to do the right thing."

you understood I was joking at least. I wasn't serious about the list being posted, because I expect there to be more false positive/cheating than real cheating in the list due to exactly the reasons precarious said above.  That will be the real drama of the day, from all the people who weren't cheating but got excluded anyways as a false positive :(
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline precarious

« Reply #466 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 09:13:02 »

you understood I was joking at least. I wasn't serious about the list being posted, because I expect there to be more false positive/cheating than real cheating in the list due to exactly the reasons precarious said above.  That will be the real drama of the day, from all the people who weren't cheating but got excluded anyways as a false positive :(

haha yeah, i just like to throw in whenever that sentiment happens to pop up, i'm sure nothing bad will happen here; they're probably just spending the extra time to ensure that it doesn't happen.

as far as humiliating people for punishment, here's one i saw the other day:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/13/ohio-woman-who-drove-on-sidewalk-to-avoid-school-bus-holds-idiot-sign-under/
video: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/13/ohio-woman-who-drove-on-sidewalk-to-avoid-school-bus-holds-idiot-sign-under/

not going to say she "deserved" it but it may have been appropriate

Offline Octane

« Reply #467 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 10:12:55 »
I wouldn't worry too much. I'm fairly certain they will only disqualify the blatantly obvious cheaters, and I tend to believe that this community is comprised of honest folks. Good luck all (but better luck to me).  :p

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #468 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 10:26:00 »
brilliant!

:-X due to having misread at EliteKeyboards I thought I'd entered a "drawing/artwork/painting" competition to be picked at random - not some lotto draw! - it was only when I was linked to this thread I realised  :-[
I'm glad you misread, because that is an awesome drawing. Also, as jdcarpe asked, a print would be nice. I can probably do it myself (with your permission), but not sure if you don't just want to do it on your own?

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #469 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 19:11:25 »
mails about who won sent?

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Re: Re: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #470 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 19:12:45 »
mails about who won sent?

I didnt get one yet ;(
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #471 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 19:15:28 »
It still has the register links up.  Be patient young padwan

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #472 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 19:30:41 »
They have to weed down the lucky who won 4-8 caps and assign new winners :p  ;)
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline _spondy

« Reply #473 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 20:31:31 »
ETA on winner announcement?

Soon...

Especially when the F1 finally returns to the US to show the yanks what real motorsport is... hurr

Mmh can't wait, looking forward to Turn 1, gonna be a real mess :-X
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 November 2012, 20:33:57 by _spondy »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #474 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 20:41:20 »
I love Elzy

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #475 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 21:38:11 »
It still has the register links up.  Be patient young padwan

It still has them up, however they take you to a page that informs you it is over.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #476 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 21:48:26 »
I wonder if those who did not win one will get an email advising that.  Or just be left wondering ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #477 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 21:51:56 »
FAQs:

Q: What does EK do with my information if I don't win?
A: It will be used to analyze drawing trends. You will not be subscribed to any lists. You will only be contacted if you win.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #478 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 21:56:48 »
Ah, ok, missed that, thanks.  So no emails either means no email or no win.

Anyway to make it a frequently asked question someone has to keep asking it ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dirge

Re: Re: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #479 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 01:26:10 »

I hope they don't reveal their methods.  There's always going to be a valid situation to counter them.
If some get caught up with the cheats they should direct anger to the cheats not EK.
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #480 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 02:04:33 »
A certain amount of mystery surrounds every Clacks sale - it is part of the, er, mystery.  That didn't come out quite right, but you know what I mean.

Offline Octane

« Reply #481 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 08:37:33 »
And for those that are concerned that they won't be notified, I am sure that as soon as someone receives "that" email, they will post here so we all know the winners have been announced.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #482 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 08:46:28 »
The gnomes are reticulating splines....

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #483 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 08:53:13 »
...reticulating splines....

This?

If you don't know what game this is you were deprived as a child...
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 November 2012, 08:59:54 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #484 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 09:02:16 »
Mmm dem splines
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline Batmann

« Reply #485 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 09:03:16 »
brilliant!

Haha! I'm happy I'm not the only one
As a non native my first understanding of drawing was the pen and paper thing, what made me pull of my wacom and then I came here and understood..!
I hope you get what you ordered for, this would be well deserved ^^
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 November 2012, 09:26:32 by Batmann »

Offline precarious

« Reply #486 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 09:16:18 »

son, i'm an o.g.
been gone twenty
so don't front, please
'cause i died of dystentery
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 November 2012, 09:17:49 by precarious »

Offline dirge

« Reply #487 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 10:48:43 »
Remember seeing that mac version of sim city and it was such a leap.

Playing Tropico 4 at the moment, love sim games.

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #488 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 10:56:18 »
LOL simcity! Simcopter reporting heavy traffic!
Can't wait till February.

Offline nntnam

« Reply #489 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 12:05:47 »
Anyone received the email?
░▒▓ KMAC | FILCO MJ2 | HHKB | PHANTOM ▓▒░

Offline kaporkle

« Reply #490 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 12:16:01 »
I managed to enter still - just in time!

Here's a link - http://i.imgur.com/RYkHi.jpg

Awesome! My phone also has a new background.  :D

Offline tobr1an

« Reply #491 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 14:42:15 »
Yep, curious if anyone won yet??

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #492 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 14:45:56 »

son, i'm an o.g.
been gone twenty
so don't front, please
'cause i died of dystentery

The original, the true, Oregon trail?

Offline ChaoticKinesis

« Reply #493 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 18:32:03 »
This has been posted since registrations closed: Registration for this drawing is over; winners will be notified within 24 hours.

Wonder how long it's going to take.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #494 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 18:42:25 »
I had better get at least one winning email...
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #495 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 18:43:41 »
I wish you the power of luck!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #496 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 18:45:52 »
The Power of Greyskull!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #497 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 18:46:53 »
I wish you the power of luck!
*bad luck* :P

FTFY :))

But seriously, everyone can use a little bit of good luck when it comes to Clack sales...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #498 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 18:48:19 »
'Tis true. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Offline Octane

« Reply #499 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 18:49:05 »
Sheesh. From out of 64 entries, I better win at least one... jk  jk.  :p