Author Topic: So why do people like winkeyless?  (Read 30959 times)

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
So why do people like winkeyless?
« on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 09:19:29 »
I'm using a winkeyless keyboard for the first time and I'm constantly annoyed by the absence of the windows key, both in windows and in linux. In windows 7 the windows key is great because you can press it and then just type in the search box and launch anything using your keyboard alone. Also you can launch things pinned to the start bar with win+# and have shortcuts to some basic things like win+R and win+P. In linux you can do the same win+# and you can basically remap it to do anything you want.

Without the windows button I have to keep using *gasp* my mouse! Are these winkeyless keyboards just for gamers who don't want to accidentally hit the windows key when they're playing? Even people not using windows must appreciate the usefulness of having another modifier key available.
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: So why do people like winkeyless?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 09:20:58 »
Because that's what the Koreans like. If you wanna be 1337, you have to seek the Korean custom keyboards. Hence all the winkeyless love.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 09:23:35 »
Because winkey is useless....ctrl + esc key is the win key on winkeyless boards. 
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 09:26:01 »
It's just korean mainstream, made popular by Cherry. Same with RGB modifiers, it gives that vintage-style look from older keyboards.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 09:28:36 »
Also it means that original Cherry modifiers can be used instead of a Moogle Kit.

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 09:30:09 »
Because winkey is useless....ctrl + esc key is the win key on winkeyless boards. 

But you can't replace win+#, for example, with ctrl+esc+#, so it doesn't properly replace it. :(

I find it very hard to call it useless. There's at least a dozen shortcuts available to you using the windows key that you have to click around through a bunch of menus to get at otherwise. Also, you can always change it to do more. Having this empty space between Ctrl and Alt is just wasteful (on an SSK, though I know some don't have the empty space because of bigger mods + different bottom row arrangement).

Oh well, I guess it's just a form over function thing.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 November 2012, 09:36:22 by oneproduct »
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 09:32:37 »
It has more to do with being able to use Cherry 1.5 modifiers. I personally like those layouts (such as The Cheat, Phantom 150, etc.) that use a 1.5-1-1.5 layout, where there exists a winkey, but it's only a 1-unit key.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 09:37:59 »
But you could always just use Cherry 1.25 mods, no? Or is it too hard to get double shot ones in center stem format?

Offline dirge

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 09:45:50 »
1.25 mods are harder to get hold off.
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 10:16:39 »
I like the vintage look of 1.5 mods, especially when they are RGB'd.  Makes my keyboard stand out a little more.  The moogle-less Cherry set aspect is another plus, as is the lack of Windows branding.  I remap Caps Lock to Win when I need it.  Ironically I almost never use it on Windows (though I should learn the shortcuts), but it's a core part of a lot of tiling window managers under X.

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 10:49:08 »
I think it was traditionally people would foul the windows key when trying to mash control or alt as part of games.

To me, the obvious answer was some sort of low-profile key for Windows, but nobody ever did this that I know of.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 11:26:11 »
This isn't some "new" thing that people are just now discovering. Keyboards were winkeyless up until the mid/late 90's. Most vintage boards didn't have a Windows key or a context-menu (apps) key. Before the current Mechanical Keyboard "Renaissance" the majority of old mechanical keyboards were 101-key, so a lot of people got who love mech boards got into the 101 key layout.

Personally, I can't live without my windows and context keys (yes, I use the context menu key judiciously).

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Re: So why do people like winkeyless?
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 12:24:35 »
It has more to do with being able to use Cherry 1.5 modifiers. I personally like those layouts (such as The Cheat, Phantom 150, etc.) that use a 1.5-1-1.5 layout, where there exists a winkey, but it's only a 1-unit key.
Quite agree. Its how I'm building my Phantom.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 12:25:25 »
I dunno why you guys think 101 is the "old school" layout.
The Sun Type 4 has (going left to right, spacebar row) Caps, Alt, Meta, Space, Meta, Compose, AltGraph.
The IBM RS/6000 InfoWindow uses a 3270/5250 (F1-24, rule key, left deadkey, etcetera.)

Reason I don't like the Windows key is because it's just a bad design for fast typers who frequently use Ctrl or Alt modifiers. If you accidentally hit the Windows key midflight, yeah, bad things can and do happen. My preference is pretty much exactly as SteelSeries did on the 6GV2 and Thermaltake on the Meka G1; Fn/Layer Mod with no Windows key map on the left. Especially mapped to media controls or programmable layer. But that's just my preference.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 12:59:19 »
Most of us don't have experience with old keyboards that have more than Ctrl and Alt.  Thus a lack of third or fourth mods is just as old-school as keyboards with Meta and friends.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 20:49:11 »

THANK YOU! I'm a recent convert from OSX to Win7 and I was wondering about that. The Model M moved off my desk partially for that.

But I would still miss Win+Tab ...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 20:51:59 »
What about Win-R?

Win-E?

Win-M?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pitashen

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 20:53:19 »
winkeyless is visually more pleasant IMO.
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 20:59:31 »
Allows for a wider spacebar too.

I grew up with winkeyless (WKL?) keyboards, and now that I have become used to winkey keyboards seeing a WKL looks odd with the gap between Alt and Ctrl on each side.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 21:35:57 »
winkeyless is visually more pleasant IMO.

I also agree that it looks nicer somehow.  But I grew up with keyboards with window keys so I'm kind of used to it now, I don't particular mind it.

Though it is quicker to hit window key and type up the program you're looking for  :)

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 21:59:12 »
i absolutely love the look of winkeyless boards with the 7x space bar

i also absolutely could never use one because of the space bar positioning and the fact that i use the everliving piss out of the windows key and context menu key (high five to my other bro(s) in this thread)

win + d also if no one else mentioned that one ;0

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 22:05:22 »
I remap windows to left control and control to capslock so I'm good on that... I never use menu key. But I don't own a winkeyless :P I have them both disabled anyway though
I love Elzy

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 23:01:19 »
Grew up with winkeyless, and the boards I've used over the years that had them I just find get in my way.  WKL FTW!  YMMV.
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline quadibloc2

• John Savard's Home Page
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 10:17:28 »
Well, I'm used to the original Model M. Having some old ones, I'd have to spend more money getting one with Windows keys from Unicomp.

More importantly, I'm not used to having to avoid the Windows keys when pressing Control or Alt, because I've been using computers before Windows 95 was a gleam in Bill Gates' eye. Hey, I've used computers since before Microsoft BASIC was a gleam in Bill Gates' eye.

But then, I hardly even use the Alt keys, let alone the Windows keys. If I need to do something other than type, I use the mouse.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 10:34:09 »
I just like the look of it and I almost ever use the key anyways
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 10:52:55 »
Clumsy people like winkeyless!!!11 :P
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline ShakeR

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http://mechanicalkeyboards.com
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 12:02:07 »
With Windows 8 relying heavily on the Win Key, I would imagine this key will almost be required on PC compatible boards going forward.
MechanicalKeyboards.com - What do you type on?

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 12:18:59 »
Required, no. A PITA without, yes.

Offline firebt

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 12:21:32 »
Personally, I like having the winkey, but on my Ducky I can flip a switch that turns off the Windows key for gaming, locating on the back of the board (discrete).  If you play HoN or Dota 2, you will probably use the Alt key for item use, for sure in HoN because that's how its default configured.  In this case, having a Winkey is detrimental because imagine ganking someone, returning back to base and trying to use your Tangos (Runes) and you click Winkey.  You have a couple of seconds before you get back and in that case you might have been killed by a hero chasing you or worse a creep wave that you weren't there to see.

Any games with Alt you need to either be able to disable Winkey or remove it completely.  I don't opt for removing it because I like to be able to control my whole computer using my keyboard, but it does have its perks to be able to disable.

Offline eon

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 13:02:02 »
Although I find the look better without a win key, I like to have the key to make custom shortcuts. Also using gnome here, the win key is heavely used, so I don't think I could live without it...
Poker MX Red - Photos

Offline Clicky

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 13:17:10 »
I just happen to like early Model M's...which don't have a winkey.  I remapped the winkey to caps lock though.  Since I never use the caps lock key it works perfectly.

Offline firebt

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 13:24:36 »
I just happen to like early Model M's...which don't have a winkey.  I remapped the winkey to caps lock though.  Since I never use the caps lock key it works perfectly.

That's actually really smart.  Yeah, if you want, you can use AutoHotKey or the program that came with your keyboard to produce new short cuts or macros or anything you wish.  I think the winkeyless does look cool too. 

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 16:39:36 »
I never got the winkeyless deal either apart from "all the expensive Korean boards don't have one, so you should think it's cool". I use the winkey a fair bit, it's very useful to have and I can see no gain in not having it, doesn't look all that good without it either. For those who tend to accidentally hit it; get a board with a lock, like the QFR or something, or just stop hitting it. I've never had a problem with accidentally hitting the winkey that I can remember in any game.
Or you could remove they keycaps so it looks like you're a really dedicated progamer and be super cool..

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 16:40:16 »

That's actually really smart.  Yeah, if you want, you can use AutoHotKey or the program that came with your keyboard to produce new short cuts or macros or anything you wish.  I think the winkeyless does look cool too. 

Holy crap, that -is- brilliant. (Sadly, I do use Caps Lock because of our SQL case conventions.)
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline firebt

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 16:44:23 »
I never got the winkeyless deal either apart from "all the expensive Korean boards don't have one, so you should think it's cool". I use the winkey a fair bit, it's very useful to have and I can see no gain in not having it, doesn't look all that good without it either. For those who tend to accidentally hit it; get a board with a lock, like the QFR or something, or just stop hitting it. I've never had a problem with accidentally hitting the winkey that I can remember in any game.
Or you could remove they keycaps so it looks like you're a really dedicated progamer and be super cool..

Lol don't get me wrong, I would choose a Winkeyed board anyday over a winkeyless, but I'm just saying Winkeyless doesn't look terrible or anything.  Mine can be disabled using a switch so I don't care either way but yeah. 

If you remove the Windows keycaps that would just look like you lost your keycap lol.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 16:58:56 »

Lol don't get me wrong, I would choose a Winkeyed board anyday over a winkeyless, but I'm just saying Winkeyless doesn't look terrible or anything.  Mine can be disabled using a switch so I don't care either way but yeah. 

If you remove the Windows keycaps that would just look like you lost your keycap lol.
Oh, it doesn't look terrible, but it's not cool enough to make me drop the winkey.
And yeah, removing the caps doesn't look good, but I've seen a few people do that, and it is definitely an option because it works, it just looks a bit ghetto.

Offline tiarnachutch

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 17:18:35 »
On my vintage keyboards, I just remap right alt to winkey. It is a huge help for those keystrokes.
Home: IBM Model M (1991)
Work: WASD with Cherry MX Blues, Microsoft Ergonomic 4000, Goldtouch v1

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 18:54:38 »
Which is why I came up with this

still have a win key, but not on the left where it annoys me as a gamer, and I get to use 1.5 mods from oldschool Cherry sets. Total win.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 19:06:35 »
..... genius. make pcb now pls
I love Elzy

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 19:09:18 »
komar already took care of it, it's the GH60 :)

Oooooooooh post 3333!
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 November 2012, 19:11:59 by lysol »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 19:24:03 »
oh :( I don't like mini layouts I need my function keys for gaming

And milestone thread!
I love Elzy

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 12:24:09 »
The Korean boards are winkeyless (and off-center-capslock'd) in order to utilize Cherry sets as-is.  It's not just some random thing that fanboy geekhackers are aping.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 12:58:10 »
Well it used to be that everyone wanted Moogle kits like about a year ago, and now that everyone has these Korean boards everyone wants tsangan kits.
I love Elzy

Offline HybridCore

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 13:23:59 »
I like the look because it just looks different. It's definitely nice to have the key at times so it's really fuctionality versus appearance. I need the key as I use it often and most of the keyboards I can afford have the key (no keyless. After all, the KMAC costs a lot).
Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blues

Offline Hyde

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 15:23:28 »
Well it used to be that everyone wanted Moogle kits like about a year ago, and now that everyone has these Korean boards everyone wants tsangan kits.

I've been hearing about moogle kit a lot but never figure out what it is.  This is my guess:

Moogle = 1.25 mod?
Tsangan = 1.5 mod?

Is this right?  Also why is it call Moogle and Tsangan?

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 15:26:52 »
It's called that becuase that member made it happen first and it's really fun to use slang so no one outside the forum knows what the hell you're talking about.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 15:52:46 »
Yeah Moogle is so that people could use Cherry sets on their Filcos (so you'd need 1.25x mods, etc), and tsangan is so that you can use SP and other sets with vintage/Korean boards, (so you'd need 1.5x mods, etc).

Using inside slang ftw.
I love Elzy

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
So why do people like winkeyless?
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 16:48:33 »
caps lock <-> left ctrl swap
right alt = win
right ctrl = fn

best layout for myself, still have windows key in a winkeyless format in a regular winkey format I hit the windows key accidentally a lot so I much prefer it on the right side only
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 November 2012, 16:50:07 by tsangan »
Keyboardless

Offline firebt

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 17:46:51 »
It's called that becuase that member made it happen first and it's really fun to use slang so no one outside the forum knows what the hell you're talking about.

hahah one of the perks of being active on forums ;)

Offline Hyde

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 21:57:17 »
hahah one of the perks of being active on forums ;)

lol I guess I'm active but haven't been around for that long yet.  I started lurking during the "filco ping" and "omg filco linear-r limited edition" era, but joined after r00tw0rm or fall of ripster era lol.

That and I used to only read keyboard and mice forum, but ever since I start reading the group buy forum my wallet start to hate me.