Author Topic: [IC] GMK sets interest check and planning  (Read 260723 times)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Re: [IC] GMK full sets interest check and planning
« Reply #800 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 13:46:54 »
I like the idea of the green on black, like old terminal. It's fresh, has some color but is also fairly reserved and classy. I too am a fan of grey on white and have suggested it before, doing something like the colorway from Alcatel. Some of the other ideas are also nice looking and interesting but I am not sure of how wide appeal. Picking colorways that will appeal to broad taste is challenging but will be extremely important.
Clear legends on something will most certainly be done at some point as desire for nice backlight keycaps is very obvious.

<-- Joins the fanclub of grey on white.
I definitively want to see that one some day.

Also, do anyone know how well GMK keys with transparent legends work with backlighting?
The SP keys don't work all that well.
The way they are made causes the light to be uneven and the legends rather hard to read.
They are still cool though.
I'm not sure we have seen any samples, but based on their windows, I'm sure they look great.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #801 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 14:06:44 »
Grey on white doubleshots sound like a waste. If you want a low contrast color combination like that you can as well get lasered caps.

Green on black is nice, but toxic was nicer and not long ago is still going on.

Folks, this is GMK, they have the original Cherry molds! Please let's make some use of this fact first instead of doing the same things over again that we could have done before with SP, both cheaper and without unreachable MOQs.

« Last Edit: Tue, 30 April 2013, 14:17:54 by Halvar »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #802 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 14:13:40 »
I agree with Halvar. I think especially due to the high MOQ of GMK our first set should be a classic colour scheme that everyone knows and loves like black on beige, skidata, dolch etc. There's always time for experimentation at another time, but right now reaching the MOQ is the most important thing and to do so we've gotta go with a classic.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #803 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 14:18:16 »
Grey on white doubleshots sound like a waste. If you want a low contrast color combination like that you can as well get lasered caps.

Green on black is nice, but toxic was nicer and not long ago.

Folks, this is GMK, they have the original Cherry molds! Please let's make some use of this fact first instead of doing the same things over again that we could have done before with SP, both cheaper and without unreachable MOQs.

http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/photo/6048594

http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/photo/6302729

Yes.  Original, beautiful, Cherry molds.

Not really anything crazy or outlandish.  Simple, clean, beautiful, and it will compliment CMYK

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #804 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 14:58:06 »
So, I had done a few more mockups awhile back, might as well post them here to keep the ideas flowing:

Red on yellow mods (w/ a mix of Dolch & white on black for the base):
20413-0

Not really sure what to say about this one, other than it's colorful as f***:
20415-1

Some new ones I whipped up at the request of CPT and Glissant:

TA Green with reversed mods:
20417-2

TA Green on light gray:
20419-3

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #805 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 15:04:20 »
Those are all too specialized.  The only one we could get close to MOQ is the teal.

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #806 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 15:14:16 »
Those are all too specialized.  The only one we could get close to MOQ is the teal.

I agree completely on the first two (although I'd rather post the crazy mockups instead of having them sit on my HD for all eternity).  As for TA green, it would be a sweet set, but I'm not sure what else you could mix it with and still have it look good, which might cut the appeal a bit.

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #807 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 15:14:38 »
I agree with Halvar. I think especially due to the high MOQ of GMK our first set should be a classic colour scheme that everyone knows and loves like black on beige, skidata, dolch etc. There's always time for experimentation at another time, but right now reaching the MOQ is the most important thing and to do so we've gotta go with a classic.

i think this is what should be done.  build up a relationship with GMK like the way it is with SP.  get our foot in the door and MAYBE they might let us slide a litte on the MOQ.  Thats the only way any of these color sets have a chance of getting made.
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #808 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 09:37:44 »
if there is a classic set being done, it should be different, give it teal legends or something... being two tone with teal legends would be pretty boss

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #809 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 09:59:24 »
I do really like the TA green on light grey colorway. I like it as a monochome keybase, but perhaps have some white on bright green/dark green accent keys as alternate modifier option kind of like the original.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #810 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 10:00:47 »
TA with the reversed mods and that Laker colored board...I'd tap those  :p

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #811 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 12:31:56 »
I know most of you will find this boring, but I want a solid white set with light grey lettering similar to Apple's keyboards.  If I ever do another group buy, it'd likely be a (very small) group buy to do this.  GMK would be awesome, if the MOQ wasn't a thing.
I'm in this.

Offline realex

« Reply #812 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:09:06 »
anything but a lakers colored set!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #813 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:18:03 »

Not bad...

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #814 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:18:38 »
Dianoda, I skimmed hard and didn't realize you put those up because I suggested it. Thank you so much, I appreciate the effort :D

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #815 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:19:21 »
I think the Triumph Adler idea is the way to go.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #816 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:21:33 »
I do really like the TA green on light grey colorway. I like it as a monochome keybase, but perhaps have some white on bright green/dark green accent keys as alternate modifier option kind of like the original.

I remember seeing a light gray on bright green backspace key from the original set, but did the original have light gray/white on dark green keys?  I don't think I've ever seen any photos of those keys...

Anywho, kinda like this?

20588-0

Would look nicer on a 1.5x/1x/1.5x/7x TKL layout, but yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a set like this happening.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #817 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:23:37 »
green legends on beige caps looks pretty nasty IMO

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #818 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:25:17 »
I also agree TA is a strong contender. It is not really boring, but it is not pushing the boundaries of taste either. While it is sort of repro it only exist on typewriters which have non standard layout by todays standards and even the few of us that already do have it can certainly use some patch kit. Since most people will want it as a full set I think I will hold it for buy 3 voting.
For now lets focus on alpha set only colorway. I think it would be nice to finish out a 'full set' in conjunction with the purple. This will keep options and size of packs down while we continue to get used to the GMK way of doing things. I know some disagree with this move but I think we need a little more time to plan and get things together before going bigger.

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #819 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:28:40 »
Dianoda, I skimmed hard and didn't realize you put those up because I suggested it. Thank you so much, I appreciate the effort :D

No problem, it's actually pretty easy for me to create mockups because I have this huge 104 key ANSI cherry legend photoshop template built out already.  To make a new colorway all I really have to do is reassign color values to 4 photo filters (mods/base keys, mods/base legends).  The hardest part is color matching, but when I already know what values to use, it's a piece of cake.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #820 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:35:41 »
Purple legends on either white or light grey alphas, then. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #822 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:49:28 »
Alpha sets don't really need to have anything purple, and is probably better that it does not. Just something that 'goes' with purple. Making it go with other existing sets in some fashion too would probably be the best move.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #823 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 14:24:32 »
I'd go with the black on white tbh.  More contrast.  Then in the future, black on gray mods.

I wouldn't use those alphas with the purple mods just because I hate it when my legends don't match.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #824 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 14:29:42 »
White on light grey. Would go with purple.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #825 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 14:34:21 »
Purple legends on either white or light grey alphas, then. :D

I'm with Mr. Spock. More purple! None of this complimenting stuff. That's what that Imsto Blue Cherry set is for.

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #826 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 14:52:39 »
If we are going to do a purple on white set or similar, it would probably make more sense for such a set to included in the next cherry replica imsto thick PBT GB.  GMK sets would be best for designs where the keycap color is not white.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
[IC] GMK full sets interest check and planning
« Reply #827 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 14:55:59 »
If we are going to do a purple on white set or similar, it would probably make more sense for such a set to included in the next cherry replica imsto thick PBT GB.  GMK sets would be best for designs where the keycap color is not white.

Mixed PBT dyesub alphas with ABS double shot modifiers?! Oh the horror!

That's why I suggested light grey. :)

in memoriam

Offline Halvar

« Reply #828 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 15:06:05 »
Show Image

Not bad...

Not bad at all.

Also, pretty similar to modern Cherry "hellgrau" (light gray) lasered.

Ivan has to be the one to decide on this, but at the moment I don't get the maths behind going on with the purple track only. We hardly hit 400 with the purple 1 set, so how are purple 2 and purple matching alpha keys (I) and (II) supposed to get even near 400 (or 300?) each? Nobody except those buyers that already have purple 1 can be interested in these, and some of those (like me) will use purple 1 with Cherry white-on-black or maybe hellgrau or other sets they already have.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2013, 15:16:18 by Halvar »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #829 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 15:18:56 »
Alpha sets don't really need to have anything purple, and is probably better that it does not. Just something that 'goes' with purple. Making it go with other existing sets in some fashion too would probably be the best move.
I see you guys beating on a dead horse.... I'm saying this cause previously I expressed desire of finishing the rest with the purple modifiers + some black keys alpha numeric + space bar in order to have full 104 set with purple and black on white legends.

Since lots of peeps said there is not enough interest for the purple I thought ok then if we have to move on with different color combos, then it is what it is.

From my perspective and thinking logical if it were in order for a full set to happen as in purple I will have to buy the whole set and have double the purple modifiers since we had bought them in this 1st GB.

Honestly if I'm going to pay all over again for the same modifiers, I'm sorry, then 2nd GB has to speak in my favor if we still are going with purple modifiers full set, we know we cant do only partial modifiers cause we want more new comers to join in, and those new comers didn't participated in the 1st GB.

From my perspective, if the 2nd GB has decided to go with any type of modifiers that's purple, no matter what the color of the legend is, I could care less of the legend color because either way I WILL BE BUYING PURPLE all over again!.... You can toss it and turn it either way with the color of the legend, but purple modifiers are purple......

So if we are going again brand new set with purple modifiers the only way I jump on it is if I can save some DINERO! and actually GET 2 sets out of it!!!

Here is how:

We have 2nd GB 104 with all extra modifiers and extra alpha keys for ISO layouts and some other layouts:

1) Modifiers Purple with white legends, (Dolch) alphanumerics gray with white legends - see?
2) Black caps with white legends numerpad (+,0) , some alphas to match ISO and some different layouts & languages, ISO enter, ISO left shift, moogle kit
3) All of the above paired with this BNIB that can be had for an offer of $35 http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHERRY-G81-7000HUAUS-usb-2-usb-ports-compact-kboard-/230592242239?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item35b05e623f

This sort of combo will cost more than any traditional 104 set that we will have with GMK, but look on the bright side, there are people like me who wouldn't mind to have black and purple set, I know I'm not the only one, also this type of GB combo will give you Dolch set too separate from the purple and black.

Go crazy with it if you want later on, mix and match, but you have 2 complete sets to mix and match at will.

I can see my self paying all over again for purple modifiers, but only this way.... I have no problem buying the purples again in full 104 set, but when I buy that MY7000 board I know I will pull out Dolch set too!!!!

Sorry guys but I vote with my wallet, and those MY7000 boards on the ebay link I posted, are begging to be used properly.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2013, 15:45:37 by bazemk1979 »
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #830 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 16:43:09 »
No one likes the idea above? We can pull 2 retro style sets for less the cost...... (Dolch + Purple and black, all white legends)
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2013, 17:16:09 by bazemk1979 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #831 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 18:34:37 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #832 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:24:43 »
Just something that 'goes' with purple. Making it go with other existing sets in some fashion too would probably be the best move.

Exactly.  Because some of us will have Purple coming out of our a---- hence it would be great to prudently make some Alpha's that will help accentuate the Purple adorable's.

Although designing some Grey Cherry Caps with Purple Letter's & Number's would easily go with the Modifier's in a heartbeat  ;) .

Just LOVE Purple as a Colour for Cherry Key-caps, have never bought any until now.

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #833 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:30:46 »
I have Question

GMK is available to make DyeSub ?

i wish that GMK DyeSub keyCap
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #834 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:50:29 »
I have Question

GMK is available to make DyeSub ?

i wish that GMK DyeSub keyCap

GMK does not make DyeSub keycaps but BSP Europe does same type as original Cherry
Keyboardless

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #835 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 23:08:49 »
What about a Graphite GMK set? I feel like that might be a good choice.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #836 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 23:09:18 »
GMK does not make DyeSub keycaps but BSP Europe does same type as original Cherry

GMK does do PBT double shot though, right?

What about a Graphite GMK set? I feel like that might be a good choice.

Ahahaha! I think we're going to have to wait until the summer for this to happen (Interpreting a post from Ivan in another thread), but you already know I agree with you :)

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #837 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 23:13:59 »
Ahahaha! I think we're going to have to wait until the summer for this to happen (Interpreting a post from Ivan in another thread), but you already know I agree with you :)

Yes...
Come on people! Get on the graphite train! Let's do a full-on graphite set!

Offline dadgh

« Reply #838 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 00:00:15 »
anything that resembles Dolch please :), not interested in paying $100 for some used keycap set on ebay

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #839 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 01:28:22 »

Nope, they only do ABS. SP is the only one, AFAIK, that has started to offer double shots using PBT.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: [IC] GMK full sets interest check and planning
« Reply #840 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 01:32:52 »

Nope, they only do ABS. SP is the only one, AFAIK, that has started to offer double shots using PBT.

Well I know Vortex is releasing PBT double shots soon (Who's doing theirs? BSP, KBC, ???), but I swear TJ or someone said GMK can do PBT in addition to ABS.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 May 2013, 01:35:50 by Jocelyn »

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #841 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 03:44:16 »
BSP is only doing Dye-sub (maybe lazered and pad, but that is not relevant). I am pretty sure GMK only does ABS in double shot. Remember they use the original cherry tools which is used for ABS. PBT DS is a pretty new thing (at least in regard to what we can buy)

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #842 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 06:18:04 »
I still like this colour set the best.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #843 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 08:19:23 »
I still like this colour set the best.

Show Image

Show Image

Needs moar purple.

in memoriam

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #844 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 10:08:22 »
GMK only work with ABS key right now, doubleshot and pad printing. They mentioned they are looking into making PBT keys but gave no timeframe on when it would be available IF they make it available.
BSP does PBT dyesub, they are the makers of famous Desko and etc.
Best I can tell I think Tai-Hao is the maker for the Vortex doubleshot stuff.

I think there is still some confusion to what is trying to be accomplished with the second buy. First and foremost is to do a preliminary run on the system I want to use for alpha packs to see how it will work out. So there will be a base pack with all the common letters, numrow number and numpad numbers. Then there will be language pack to finish it. Each language pack will have multiple language layout arranged based on most similarity to avoid having ton of extra keys and keep prices down. At the same time it makes it so each language does not have it's own high MOQ. Remember it works both ways with everyone helping to reach the MOQ, so I don't want to hear a lot of incessant *****ing about paying for useless keys.
Something more neutral with a broad appeal like white on grey will probably work best here, but I am still keeping open to other suggestion and will offer voting.
Second, to offer chance on finishing out what is traditionally included in 2tone style colorway with the white on purple for those with 70% or larger keyboard. This means the cursor, 6pack, numpad math keys, function row keys. May also include some extra unique keys as a test run like clear first shot lock keys, windowed, and maybe more. If there is not enough interest to make 300, so be it and it will be cancelled. There is no reason to complain about offering the chance to those that want to have this. If you are not interested you have no obligation to buy it.

We will continue discuss colorway ideas for buy3 and at that time will offer all components to build a full set in a unified colorway at the same time. For those that wish to build a full set they will be able, for those that want only a component to mix match with existing keys they will be able. Modular system adds some more complexity, but I feel the trade off on flexibility over offering only 104/5 set is far superior.

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #845 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 12:50:10 »
For white on purple F-row did you have the full row in mind? Sure hope so.

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #846 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 12:54:13 »
I predict your second GMK GB (if you hold on to your "style") won't happen.
Why? Simple. MOQ won't be reached.
Why? Well, many (including myself) just went with the 1st GMK GB to buy a full set in the future. I admit, I don't need any of the keycaps of the 1st round, nor do I really like them. So, I ask myself: In how many GBs do I have to drag myself (unwillingly) to finally be able to get a full set? 2? 3? I don't have the money for that.
The other thing is, every following GMK GB will be based on the 1st (purp mods). How many people actually want to build on them? The 39 (IIRC) who voted for purp? Well, good for them, what about the rest of us?
What concerns me the most is that every following packs won't really match well with each other, so in the end we get a colour ****fest... or some would say Handarbeit...

Either, I didn't entirely understand your plans, Ivan, and then I may have made invalid points above or they (GBs) simply won't happen.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #847 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 12:55:21 »
Sure, might as well have the whole row.

Once again, purple is not going to be in every buy. It will be finished with. I will offer the chance to finish it out for those that may want to do so. If they don't make the MOQ happen that is the end of it.

My main focus for buy2 will be on doing an alpha set to work out the language pack system. I want to do these things in smaller steps so when we go big, it will be all organized system and smooth working.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 May 2013, 13:09:11 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #848 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 13:10:42 »
I predict your second GMK GB (if you hold on to your "style") won't happen.
Why? Simple. MOQ won't be reached.
Why? Well, many (including myself) just went with the 1st GMK GB to buy a full set in the future. I admit, I don't need any of the keycaps of the 1st round, nor do I really like them. So, I ask myself: In how many GBs do I have to drag myself (unwillingly) to finally be able to get a full set? 2? 3? I don't have the money for that.
The other thing is, every following GMK GB will be based on the 1st (purp mods). How many people actually want to build on them? The 39 (IIRC) who voted for purp? Well, good for them, what about the rest of us?
What concerns me the most is that every following packs won't really match well with each other, so in the end we get a colour ****fest... or some would say Handarbeit...

Either, I didn't entirely understand your plans, Ivan, and then I may have made invalid points above or they (GBs) simply won't happen.

I already posted how we can make it work both ways in the 2nd GB, we can pull out having full purple/black 104 set and Dolch too by buying MY7000 with DS from ebay for $35 new one. Whatever happens it happens, if we have lots of people that want to move on and leave behind the purple mods so be it.

But for 2nd GB we need shopped mockups on colors and let people vote on them, and let the best color combo win. Then we will see if MOQ will be met at the end, whats worst that can happen? we always have dyesub thick PBT with all those exotic legends.

My purple set wont go to waste, don't mind using it on this set up even if its not unified, pop in the purple or green Esc key and I have me myself semi unified board, maeby having the rest in purple might be way too much purple because I don't have the tenkeypad, I can see how full set of purple/black would work on a full 104 board, but not sure about TKL board, may be too much..... TKL mioght look good with the F5-F8 and arrow keys in purple.

« Last Edit: Thu, 02 May 2013, 13:15:11 by bazemk1979 »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #849 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 13:18:12 »
Sure, might as well have the whole row.

Once again, purple is not going to be in every buy. It will be finished with. I will offer the chance to finish it out for those that may want to do so. If they don't make the MOQ happen that is the end of it.

My main focus for buy2 will be on doing an alpha set to work out the language pack system. I want to do these things in smaller steps so when we go big, it will be all organized system and smooth working.
watch it now Lysol, don't make the same mistake twice....... another partial set looks like a bad move, lets don't play games anymore....
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 May 2013, 13:46:03 by bazemk1979 »