Author Topic: [IC] GMK sets interest check and planning  (Read 260715 times)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
Re: [IC] GMK full sets interest check and planning
« Reply #700 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 19:44:06 »
I suggest we do a full set in black with transparent legends. It is new, unique, desirable and reaches a huge audience. No one can deny that it looks good on just about any keyboard. Black is just great to gather a lot of people, and we really need that. It offends no one, and is usable by all!

Wait, GMK can do transparent legends?? I never thought about this, but that wold be pretty cool. I would love a full set of this.

have you participated in the first GB?
if not, have you ever considered that peeps deserve 2nd GB shot for a full set before anything else?

Broadmonkey does have a point. So on the contrary, have you considered people that didn't want the white on purple? If these people don't want it in the 1st round, most likely won't want it in the 2nd round either. So by offering a set to complete the first round, we most likely won't even have as much in the 2nd round because I guarantee that not all those people from 1st round will get the rest of the white on purple in 2nd round just to complete the set.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #701 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 20:10:57 »
White on black sets are a cinch to find on ebay and elsewhere from $10 used to $100ish NOS stuff.
In German or US-ANSI layout, it is relatively easy, yes, but not in other layouts.
I know that several people in the Nordic (EU) countries would be very interested in the keys that are special for SE/FI, NO or DK, because Cherry G80 keyboards in those layouts are hard to find.

Myself, after nearly three years of collecting, I have only one Cherry MX keyboard with Swedish legends and that is a rare keyboard with a special colour scheme and layout (shipped with the Commodore PC-5) that I don't want to split up into parts.

Would be cool if you could make EU kits for dolch and black on dark grey
Personally, I would be very interested in adapter kits and a EU/Nordic kit for Dolch. No, make that two of each.

I think that using GMK for a full set of black on dark grey in ABS would be a waste of resources. I find it better to get full sets with black legends on dark keys in PBT and use GMK firstly for those types of keys that can only be made by GMK.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 April 2013, 20:17:05 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #702 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 20:34:23 »
I suggest we do a full set in black with transparent legends. It is new, unique, desirable and reaches a huge audience. No one can deny that it looks good on just about any keyboard. Black is just great to gather a lot of people, and we really need that. It offends no one, and is usable by all!

Wait, GMK can do transparent legends?? I never thought about this, but that wold be pretty cool. I would love a full set of this.

if not, have you ever considered that peeps deserve 2nd GB shot for a full set before anything else?

Broadmonkey does have a point. So on the contrary, have you considered people that didn't want the white on purple? If these people don't want it in the 1st round, most likely won't want it in the 2nd round either. So by offering a set to complete the first round, we most likely won't even have as much in the 2nd round because I guarantee that not all those people from 1st round will get the rest of the white on purple in 2nd round just to complete the set.
dude this 1st GB is the one that set steady feed with GM.... Why the selfishness men, so you can go and have your full set the way you want it? Ever considered that it will be voting going on and maeby, just maeby your wish wont come true?

Don't be selfish men, people of the 1st GB should have chance for 2nd one no matter if we reach MOQ or not.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #703 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 20:37:34 »
dude this 1st GB is the one that set steady feed with GM.... Why the selfishness men, so you can go and have your full set the way you want it? Ever considered that it will be voting going on and maeby, just maeby your wish wont come true?

Don't be selfish men, people of the 1st GB should have chance for 2nd one no matter if we reach MOQ or not.

How can you call him selfish? He purchased white on purple mods to help out, despite not being interested in them. I think logic dictates in his statements rather than selfishness or any other emotion.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
[IC] GMK full sets interest check and planning
« Reply #704 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 20:39:31 »
I am laughing. Hah

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #705 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 20:45:33 »

How can you call him selfish? He purchased white on purple mods to help out, despite not being interested in them. I think logic dictates in his statements rather than selfishness or any other emotion.
We made the MOQ on the purple, I ordered 1 of each even though I wasn't interested due to not being a full set, but that should not discourage us from giving a shot for full set... 

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #706 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 20:47:05 »
We made the MOQ on the purple, I ordered 1 of each even though I wasn't interested due to not being a full set, but that should not discourage us from giving a shot for full set...

And that's fine. I also ordered one of each set and quickly sold it to someone as soon as the GB closed, but I don't understand why people are being called "selfish" for having a different opinion.

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #707 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 21:11:02 »

[...]

Take a look at the C key.

I think it would be a really interesting set no matter the colour we choose. People would be able to use them in illuminated keyboards and on normal keyboards and still would look great.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #708 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 21:20:35 »

And that's fine. I also ordered one of each set and quickly sold it to someone as soon as the GB closed, but I don't understand why people are being called "selfish" for having a different opinion.
that's fine, but lets see what the majority thinks and not just few individuals. If majority thinks we should move on, then it is what it is... But something tells me that GB for the rest modifiers might happen, maeby we just do the rest of the modifiers + the ( Enter; 0) numpad keys in black with white legend and few of the alphanumerics to match the rest of the different layout sets, then we all can gather the rest of the alphanumerics from ebay g81 7000 boards that are plenty of them NIB for really descent price.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 April 2013, 21:22:14 by bazemk1979 »

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #709 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 21:47:17 »
that's fine, but lets see what the majority thinks and not just few individuals. If majority thinks we should move on, then it is what it is... But something tells me that GB for the rest modifiers might happen, maeby we just do the rest of the modifiers + the ( Enter; 0) numpad keys in black with white legend and few of the alphanumerics to match the rest of the different layout sets, then we all can gather the rest of the alphanumerics from ebay g81 7000 boards that are plenty of them NIB for really descent price.

I agree with everything you've said, but want to add that there is nothing wrong with people voicing their opinions in this thread in the meantime;it does not make them selfish :)

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #710 on: Sun, 28 April 2013, 01:48:21 »

I most certainly participated in the first round. Actually I think I belong to the half of the buyers that truly love the Purple color, but I also only bought CMYK to help out(although It has grown on me). Even though I bought a purple set, I am not sure I will buy the "part 2" since I don't think I will use it. why? because the first set will end up on my GH60, something I think will be the case for many buyers.

You also have to acknowledge that a huge part of buyers in the GB expressed that they only participated in order to buy full sets later, we are talking a lot of people who has this feeling not jut a few, and tbh, they should have the opportunity to do so before purple part 2 happens, otherwise we are just shafting them.

I know I am being very direct at the moment, but I just hated to see that we struggled so much in the first round, we really need a GB that is extremely popular, that way we will catch more peoples interest for the later group buys and maybe less popular options (I think, I am no business man)

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #711 on: Sun, 28 April 2013, 01:55:08 »

Show Image

Take a look at the C key.

I think it would be a really interesting set no matter the colour we choose. People would be able to use them in illuminated keyboards and on normal keyboards and still would look great.

I also considered to "run my marketing campaign" for the beige with clear legend as it also looks fantastic.

EDIT: made a real quick mock up with blue leds
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 April 2013, 02:00:31 by Broadmonkey »

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #712 on: Sun, 28 April 2013, 07:19:18 »
summer is coming !

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
Re: GMK full sets interest check and planning
« Reply #713 on: Sun, 28 April 2013, 07:26:06 »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #714 on: Sun, 28 April 2013, 09:15:42 »
There are a lot of possibilities of things that can be made. IC time is all about discussing various options, and coming to some consensus to make something that will do well and not be pushing 10tons up Mount Everest again. For now, it's time to come up with ideas and then all the best ideas will be gathered to be voted. Voting is very important, and we need to avoid situation of last time where we had only those with the strongest opinion voting, then lot of people not voting and crying about it after the IC was done and the buy stage already start. If you don't like choices tell us and make suggestions. It is what IC time is for.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #715 on: Sun, 28 April 2013, 09:39:28 »
There are a lot of possibilities of things that can be made. IC time is all about discussing various options, and coming to some consensus to make something that will do well and not be pushing 10tons up Mount Everest again. For now, it's time to come up with ideas and then all the best ideas will be gathered to be voted. Voting is very important, and we need to avoid situation of last time where we had only those with the strongest opinion voting, then lot of people not voting and crying about it after the IC was done and the buy stage already start. If you don't like choices tell us and make suggestions. It is what IC time is for.
people voting is what made the 1st GB happen. I was very sceptic before I entered the GB because I didn't saw an actual full set retro style with the purple modifiers, but only fragments of the purple modifiers that will only do good if you have 60% board and then the CMYK and Esc pack was there with no connection to the purple except for the purple Esc key.

For the people that enjoy mini keyboards such as the GH60,poker,pure awesome for you guys, you guys just got yourself board that's complete with the purple modifiers, you only need the G81 7000 from ebay that can be had for $45 shipped.

I think I'm going to steer away from the GMK GB and participate in the PBT 2 tone with ruskie legends.

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #716 on: Sun, 28 April 2013, 15:49:48 »
White on black sets are a cinch to find on ebay and elsewhere from $10 used to $100ish NOS stuff.
In German or US-ANSI layout, it is relatively easy, yes, but not in other layouts.

White on black in German is a pain in the ass to find! Nowadays, I don't know if it was easier half a year ago.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #717 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 04:16:39 »
summer is coming !

Blue on Charcoal is very nice.  But I'll like any other colour such as Orange, Green, Yellow or Red on Dark Charcoal.  It just looks so sublime.

You can do a lot with Charcoal these days  8) .
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 April 2013, 04:19:14 by Elrick »

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #718 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 04:38:39 »
people voting is what made the 1st GB happen.

I beg the differ. People voting is was made the first GB almost not happen. If there wasn't a small group who hyped up the purple set, we would have got a more mass marked friendly color (like blue, Green or red) and the GB would have fared a lot better.

Blue on Charcoal is very nice.  But I'll like any other colour such as Orange, Green, Yellow or Red on Dark Charcoal.  It just looks so sublime.

You can do a lot with Charcoal these days  8) .

And that is why I did the set with clear legends, you can have whatever color legend you so desire as long as you have a backlit keyboard (and can change the LEDs). Want to have a more stealthy looking keyboard? just turn the LEDs off.
I know the set looks like it is Charcoal but it really isn't. It's black.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #719 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 05:06:00 »

Hey, I lub u 2  :-*

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #720 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 05:29:33 »
I'm really struggling to understand the 'logic' of some of the people in this thread. The whole point of the purple and coloured esc key packs was to offer something new, something diffrent and something that GMK could fit into there busy schedule, this concept and idea seems to have been lost on (ironically selfish) people who come to this thread to simply beat the same drum about how much they want dolch or any other fairly standard and large keyset, willingly ignorent as to the reasons for the current GB being the way it is.

Ivan (and dan) have worked really ****ing hard to make the current GB happen, they have set up relations with a company that dsnt perticually want or need our custom and Ivan has managed to put together a currently successful GB, with the legends alread done.
Calling anyone who paticipated in the GB for being selfish is literally the stupidest ****ing **** I've ever read. 

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #721 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 05:33:52 »
You'll have to excuses the multi posts, I'm at work and on my phone.

We have with GMK an opportunity to get some proper real new cherry caps in colours and styles never seen before, yet people constantly cry out for the same sets you can already buy from eBay or people on here... Hell even SP have dolch sets.
The lack of imagination and understanding here is staggering and I think all it comes down to is laziness.

I didn't want this to be a rant, but the whole point of this, as I saw it was to build a relationship with GMK and to prove that we are a meaningful customer base, and people simply seem to come here with little intention of actually supporting anything that isn't exactaly what they want, at some insane price they have decree they are willing to pay.

I have a full sized keyboard, those purple legends don't fill all the mods I have, it's going to look dumb on my board, yet I still ordered them... Why? TO SUPPORT MORE GMK GBs IN THE FUTURE.

Ok I'm don't ranting now, just reading the last few pages has riled me up some lol
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 April 2013, 06:06:39 by baldgye »

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #722 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 06:19:07 »
BUT I WANT DOLCH... kidding, but I really would love MIAMI or hell just about any different set. If you guys really want dolch, start a GB. I'm will to bet you will get more then enough to have SP do it. Hell I would take a set or two even. Bald makes are really good point about not having GMK repop something that has already been done. Now I'm just repeating him, so basically I'm with Bald on this one.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #723 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 06:22:11 »
wouldnt the best thing be to have 3 different packs in the next gb?
Dolch set (since everyone wants one)
something other set(community made set)
and a smallpack , example ESC, white on red GH, wNv and maybe some different caps locks.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #724 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 06:48:38 »
I kind of stopped paying attention to this thread, people are still voting for dolch? Sherryton already has those coming out. I really like the clear legend idea, but I'd rather see clear on charcoal than clear on white.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #725 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 06:49:54 »
I really like phetto's idea. Only thing I'll add is that the community set should be Miami or Handerbeit :D

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #726 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 07:43:04 »
and a smallpack , example ESC, white on red GH, wNv and maybe some different caps locks.

Why? We could bearly manage three this time round.

We really need to know exactly what GMK can provide. Like I said simply crying about how much you want dolch is pointless if, like before, there is no possibility of them being able to produce them for us, and given that we barely managed to make there requirements first time, I can't see them willing to make a space for us to make a full ****ing set, can you?

So instead, I'm going to go with Ivan (as this is all on him anyway) and make good on finishing the purple set for those of us who aren't short sighted and single minded, so allowing us to fill those out makes sense, as we have already shown willing, then work on sets to match that.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #727 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 07:58:58 »
Of course they will be willing to do a full set, why shouldn't they, they are not a bank who decides whether or not to approve how much you can loan.
The problem with continuing with purple modifiers is that there is not enough interest and there is zero possibility for new buyers to participate in the new GB, they can, but then they stand without the first part. There is also those who has bought in on the first GB just to see a full sets GB later on. The interest for full sets is also much higher than partial sets, unless they fill out a specific purpose like a Moogle kit.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 April 2013, 08:02:53 by Broadmonkey »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #728 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 08:07:06 »

Why? We could bearly manage three this time round.

We really need to know exactly what GMK can provide. Like I said simply crying about how much you want dolch is pointless if, like before, there is no possibility of them being able to produce them for us, and given that we barely managed to make there requirements first time, I can't see them willing to make a space for us to make a full ****ing set, can you?

So instead, I'm going to go with Ivan (as this is all on him anyway) and make good on finishing the purple set for those of us who aren't short sighted and single minded, so allowing us to fill those out makes sense, as we have already shown willing, then work on sets to match that.
you know dude cussing wont get you anywhere, specially on a forum that censors those words. I was the one who though that moving to another different set is selfish before trying or ever again trying to get the purple set as a whole set. I have never seen any board out there with retro style with purple modifiers, so if we speak about something that has never been made, well then purple set fits that description.

It don't matter what one individual wants, I would love to see purple full set happens, but you can never know if we have enough numbers that want the same in order to reach MOQ.... Maeby we should vote, and if we don't have the 300 number on the votes then we move along to a different ideas and we vote again.

Another thing that Lysol mentioned, GMK can only produce depending on what color plastic they have right? I mean one thing is to vote, but we first have to check whats available.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #729 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 08:09:55 »
Of course they will be willing to do a full set, why shouldn't they, they are not a bank who decides whether or not to approve how much you can loan.
The problem with continuing with purple modifiers is that there is not enough interest and there is zero possibility for new buyers to participate in the new GB, they can, but then they stand without the first part. There is also those who has bought in on the first GB just to see a full sets GB later on. The interest for full sets is also much higher than partial sets, unless they fill out a specific purpose like a Moogle kit.
does makes me wonder why Lysol didn't went for a full set in first place....... $100 for something can not be used except if you have GH60, wont even fit the poker since there is no F5-F8 in purple.....

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #730 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 08:12:58 »
Voting won't get you far. More than a few people only bought the set to open up the possibility to get full set, and many didn't even like the color. Why should they vote for yet another round of purple keys they don't want?

EDIT: A poker doesn't have an F-row, it can use the first purple set without problems.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #731 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 08:38:16 »
No GMK can get any damn color. You think they had colors we had made for the modifiers buy sitting about, hell no, it was special order.
I see both sides to argument, and both side do make good points. But here in IC time it is all about coming up with concepts for colorways.
Purple nav/function/etc pack will be given a chance at least for sure. If it turn out there is not enough interest and it needs to be dropped so be it.
I know there is a lot of interest for certain classic sets, but really I would prefer to focus on new ideas before we go back to reproduction. Though we may have some smaller adaptation kits sooner for some of them to increase keyboard compatibility or change language for those that have the colorway already. I also really don't want to run too many options at each time since any competing choice will split focus and make it harder to reach the MOQ. GMK was very clear we won't get a break on not reaching the MOQ again so it is important that we choose wisely. Anything that can be successful will get run eventually, some may simply have to have a little patience for their favorite colorways to be offered.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #732 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 08:52:55 »
Just my $.02, but Dolch is pointless if sherry is really getting it.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #733 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 08:54:13 »
I don't mind modifier sets (more ISO, please!), but my preference would be for full sets.  And by full I mean 104/5 key, plus ISO/Tsangan/whatever options.  And a set of blanks to fill out those macro keys or specials on some boards.

I may not need a full set off the bat, and only want a set for a 83/87 key layout, but I don't want to be looking for matching numpad and mods down the road when I decide to switch the custom key set to a new full-size board.

Color options are cool, but I'd really like to see more vintage cap profiles offered in group buys.  DSA, SA, KT, SS (okay, that last one is kind of strange...), something other than bone-stock DCS.  If I'm going to get a custom set like Miami or CCnG, I don't really want to mix and match sets, I want boards with complete matching themes.  I know it's probably my OCD talking, but filling in a 1.5 modifier spot with a 1.25 key just grates on my nerves!

Just wanted to add my two cents to the discussion.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #734 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 08:59:45 »
This. A vendor will focus on things that have the highest chance to sell. Can't you see the sets that are coming from him? Dolch is almost inevitable. Wasting the time to traverse through this whole process only to see him post that set would be devastating.

We should really understand what is happening here with us and him, and take advantage of the situation. Let him do what he's doing, and let us focus on new and exciting horizons. Let us work on moogles and tsangans, and things that he most likely won't do.

I know some would argue that buying from him is probably a bad idea, but let's be honest, people are going to do it, and we would lose a MOQ if he dropped that set. People want instant gratification, and no matter what people say here, it would happen.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #735 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:04:22 »
Purple nav/function/etc pack will be given a chance at least for sure. If it turn out there is not enough interest and it needs to be dropped so be it.
I know there is a lot of interest for certain classic sets, but really I would prefer to focus on new ideas before we go back to reproduction. Though we may have some smaller adaptation kits sooner for some of them to increase keyboard compatibility or change language for those that have the colorway already. I also really don't want to run too many options at each time since any competing choice will split focus and make it harder to reach the MOQ. GMK was very clear we won't get a break on not reaching the MOQ again so it is important that we choose wisely. Anything that can be successful will get run eventually, some may simply have to have a little patience for their favorite colorways to be offered.

This is great news. Totally on the same page here.

For those screaming for a Dolch repro set, go check on eBay, okay? That's what I did. You can usually get a PAC keyboard for $100 plus shipping. Not much difference in that and the GB price for a full set. I just don't think there is any way we can meet a 400 MOQ for Dolch, when most people that want a Dolch set already have it.

I would even go for a "Miami" set, as long as the legends are white. That is, white on teal and white on pink. I just don't like the contrasting legends in pink on teal and teal on pink.

I actually like the idea of a light grey set. Would look great with the purple mods, no?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
[IC] GMK full sets interest check and planning
« Reply #736 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:11:01 »

Sherry is getting it. He said skidata, now it's up. He said dolch, I'm sure it'll be up soon.

Also I agree with what JD said. It's fairly easy to find a dolch set on eBay for a decent price. Only thing from GMK I could see being quite beneficial is a dolch moogle kit, but hitting MOQ for that would be damn hard.
But I don't agree with his Miami tastes:p

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #737 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:23:56 »
I think we all know what the right thing to do is

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #738 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:29:37 »
I would be in for compatibility sets for classics, like beige, black and dolch. For full sets I suggest to explore neutral colors that may match existing sets, allowing GB to reach MOQ easily, letting calls for exotic color combos for later.

As some does, I do not see a major constraint to call for traditional color combos, why we should continue harvesting keyboards if we can get new full sets for the same money? Is like the car market, we always can buy an used car, but we have also the option to buy new ones, which makes the market healthy, meaning that prices for used set should tend to be more affordable.

Finally, I think sherry potential or current offer should not biased GB decisions as it is always up to each GH member where to source caps, so that factor is already considered by each person here.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:39:53 by ideus »

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #739 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:41:16 »
Show Image

Anything with charcoal base is fine with me.
For the legend colour, anything but orange.

Offline BimboBB

« Reply #740 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:43:06 »
You can do everything, but stay away from pink gayish miami colors!!! Pls dont do a mistake twice.   :rolleyes:

my suggestions:

- black on beige modifier/moogle kit
- white on chocolate full set  ;)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #741 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:47:35 »
Well.. yes and no it is pointless to do Dolch, SkiData. Pointless in a way that too many people would not wait for groupbuy and go with vendor making reaching MOQ more difficult possibly. On other hand in groupbuy it will be like 30-50% cheaper than vendor while I am running not for profit, and we can offer more languages and stuff they are not willing to make a risk on. Furthermore it discourages the idea of accepting anyone having a monopoly on some items and gives a choice. originative have yet to prove reliability again after the recent events. Some may already know my displeasure at their conduct so you can take my disrecommendation however you will.
I would say more than likely we will have a groupbuy for those colorways eventually, but maybe just not really soon.

I do really want to try for Miami at some point, maybe on buy 3 but it might come out different than the original. I have a few remix ideas and we will have voting. As much as I want it to happen I am highly skeptical due to the MOQ involved. I will be running one remix in the dyesubs buy starting soon too as an audition of sort.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #742 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:52:35 »
If it's 30-50% cheaper then I would DEFINITELY be up for a Dolch and classic two tone set.

Also, as you know Lysol, I'm very interested in windowed lock keys. I know that those are available in many places for the two tone and there would be little point doing a GB.. but what about windowed Dolch/Skidata keys?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #743 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:58:57 »
Windowed keys, I probably would say run on black first as they are among the very hardest to find and so many people already have black sets. We will see. I know many people want everything done now but we have to see how much interest there is in certain options and do them one at a time. May consider adding windowed version to their respective pack default in the future if there is enough interest.
I know a lot of people prefer them for whatever reason, but I still like clear first shot better for lock keys as it allows doubleshot over pad printing legend and serves same purpose of allowing lock led to be seen. Even though GMK pad printing is very good, some color do not look so good as pad print and they are still far less durable and an added expense.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #744 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 10:02:55 »
We should do them in Purple! That is impossible to find, and it would be great with the sets those of us already have on the way, and fit with the arrows, mods, etc.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #745 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 10:13:11 »
Yeah, I do understand that they might not be something that everyone's interested in. However, I'd be willing to bet that if they were easily available (in a GB for example) quite a lot of people with Phantoms would use them.

If we're planning on doing 'full sets' I think it would be really cool if they truely were full sets. Full 104 keys, 1.5 mods, 7x space bar and windowed lock keys. Gives people all the options they could possibly hope for and should offer some exclusive caps. Of course it all adds costs but if we're saving 30-50% to start with then what's the problem?
github

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #746 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 10:21:41 »
Could be possible to include some special extras in the purple nav/funtion/etc, but then I think we will be done with that colorway for a long time at the least.

I don't intend to ever offer as a 'full set', only the chance to build one from the various component packs that will be offered. Trying to avoid forcing purchase of a full set if one is only interested in a modifier pack or only alpha set or whatever. I do intend to keep offering as much compatibility keys and language options as is possible and may tweak things here and there as we go based on needs and wants of those wishing to participate in the groupbuys.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #747 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 10:29:55 »
Could be possible to include some special extras in the purple nav/funtion/etc, but then I think we will be done with that colorway for a long time at the least.
I think that is what we should do, and we should move away from it. There is so much more to do than sit on the same thing forever.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #748 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 10:35:35 »
the chance to build one from the various component packs that will be offered
That is perfect.
github

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #749 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 10:49:10 »
SoWaRe would be my suggestion for a set. Although there's a high chance someone would try to steal the cookies again.