Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3556572 times)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #12400 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 13:30:49 »
https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=pfu_keyboards,hhkbpro2&pid=pdkb400w

will these ever come back in stock?

There is no reason I can think of why they shouldn't.

Sometimes Brian will put an ETA on arrival of new stock a bit after they have sold out, so keep an eye out. Or you can email sales@elitekeyboards.com and they'll usually get back to you pretty quick.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #12401 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 22:31:07 »

Do you think putting a dampener between the white part of the slider and the bottom of the switch on blues might soften the click while keeping the tactile feedback?

Half asleep so sorry if there is something simple I'm missing here.

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #12402 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 01:03:14 »
Show Image

Do you think putting a dampener between the white part of the slider and the bottom of the switch on blues might soften the click while keeping the tactile feedback?

I don't think there's enough room to get anything that will stick permanently.  Doing a trampoline mod will reduce the sound (in other news: I just found out I hate the feel of trampoline blues!).  I've also heard that using the favored krytox lube blend on blues will silence them a bit.

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #12403 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 01:03:58 »
What happens if i put a red 3mm led on my keyboard that normaly have white led?
AFAIK red led have lower tension from white led, so i'll burn the led? or something worse?

Depends... what's the code on the resistor (or even better, what's the resistance?)

Offline BakaPhoenix

« Reply #12404 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 04:49:41 »
AFAIK red led have lower tension from white led, so i'll burn the led? or something worse?

Depends... what's the code on the resistor (or even better, what's the resistance?)

I have no idea o3o i can't find any code on it
Is a quickfire rapid I, making a photo of it will help?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12405 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 08:24:01 »

Yes it should help. If they're through hole, they'll have bands of colors which tells what the resistance is. Dunno how to read it if its SMD but I'm sure there's a similar code.

And honestly, I've never checked resistance on any of the boards I've swapped LEDs on. I just remove or shove new LEDs in and go. Never had any issues. Nothing wrong with being cautious though.

Show Image

I agree with spopepro. I don't think there's enough space between the two parts.

https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=pfu_keyboards,hhkbpro2&pid=pdkb400w

will these ever come back in stock?

Sure, like absyrd said you might want to ask Brian at EliteKeyboards what's going on but there's no reason why they wouldn't.

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #12406 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 09:47:50 »
So I finally got my hands on the first Alps board that I actually like (Matias Tactile Pro with simplified grey Alps).

Now, I've heard the hype about blue Alps but have so far been unimpressed with Alps overall. Now I really want to give them a try. Would anyone be able to tell me of any specific boards I should try to find, or ideas of where I can look?

Thanks.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12407 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 09:56:38 »
So I finally got my hands on the first Alps board that I actually like (Matias Tactile Pro with simplified grey Alps).

Now, I've heard the hype about blue Alps but have so far been unimpressed with Alps overall. Now I really want to give them a try. Would anyone be able to tell me of any specific boards I should try to find, or ideas of where I can look?

Thanks.

The DT wiki has a listing: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Alps_SKCM_Blue#Keyboards

FYI : Matias Click switches are clones of Simplified gray alps. Not actual Simplified gray alps.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2015, 10:04:25 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #12408 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 10:01:17 »
Mine is the early model of the Tactile Pro keyboard, which appears to actually have grey Alps in it.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Matias_Tactile_Pro
Typing speed:
More

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #12409 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 10:08:13 »

Yes it should help. If they're through hole, they'll have bands of colors which tells what the resistance is. Dunno how to read it if its SMD but I'm sure there's a similar code.

And honestly, I've never checked resistance on any of the boards I've swapped LEDs on. I just remove or shove new LEDs in and go. Never had any issues. Nothing wrong with being cautious though.

Some SMD resistors are labeled with a number code, like 472, which means 4-7-[two zeroes], or 4700Ω, which would be 4.7kΩ. It's actually easier to read than the color bands. But the really tiny SMD parts nowadays don't have labeling. They come on reels which are designed for use by robotic pick-and-place machinery. The best way I've found to get the rating is with an ohmmeter.

That said, CPT is probably right that you can just pop an LED in and see if it works. It probably will, and if it doesn't the LED will burn out, no harm done.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12410 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 10:11:30 »
Mine is the early model of the Tactile Pro keyboard, which appears to actually have grey Alps in it.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Matias_Tactile_Pro

I'm pretty sure that article isn't updated. Fairly sure Matias have never used SKBL Alps switches and have always used Matias switches. Easiest way to check is to pop of the caps.

If your switches look like this, you're correct and you have Alps SKBL "simplified" Alps switches.

If your switches look like this, you've got Matias switches. The clear housing is a tell-tale sign that it's Matias.

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #12411 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 10:17:39 »
Yeah, they are Alps. I've checked.

More
Typing speed:
More

My collection:
More

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12412 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 10:20:00 »

More
Show Image

Mind = Blown. If those are stock and haven't been replaced, I'm obviously mistaken. Thanks for teaching me something new today.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2015, 10:32:01 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #12413 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 10:29:11 »

More
Show Image

Did you buy from Matias or second-hand? It's possible that down the line someone replaced them, though I suppose Matias could have been producing boards before Forward discontinued the switches.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12414 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 10:31:23 »

More
Show Image

Did you buy from Matias or second-hand? It's possible that down the line someone replaced them, though I suppose Matias could have been producing boards before Forward discontinued the switches.

I think it's this. They must have been making boards when they could still get stock from Forward. I should PM Matias or jacobolus...

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #12415 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 21:38:26 »
The DT wiki link you posted earlier for SKBM Grey mentions that they come in earlier Matias Tactile Pro keyboards. I think this was before they developed their own switch.

Do you know how different the Matias clicky switches are from these? How about blue Alps? I hear blue Alps are the premium unicorn-level-rarity Alps switch and I want to get my hands on them at some point.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2015, 21:52:27 by Ludovician »
Typing speed:
More

My collection:
More

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #12416 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 22:19:06 »
The DT wiki link you posted earlier for SKBM Grey mentions that they come in earlier Matias Tactile Pro keyboards. I think this was before they developed their own switch.

Do you know how different the Matias clicky switches are from these? How about blue Alps? I hear blue Alps are the premium unicorn-level-rarity Alps switch and I want to get my hands on them at some point.

Blue SKCM aren't as rare as some people make them seem. A few boards are on Ebay right now with them. They feel nice, but not worth the price tag in my opinion.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12417 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 07:21:25 »

I like the Matias clicky switches. They feel exactly like Grey Alps and are my second favorite clicky Alps switch (both gray and Matias Clicky). Blue Alps are my favorite but if you don't want to pay the price, I would just stick with what you have. They're not that rare and they're not unicorn. People just don't explore all the different types of Alps, read that Blues are the best, and then are willing to pay the markups on them. This chart is essentially my least favorite to most favorite switches (top to bottom).

Blue SKCM aren't as rare as some people make them seem. A few boards are on Ebay right now with them. They feel nice, but not worth the price tag in my opinion.

I really like them. Blue Alps are my favorite and that's why they're in my Kingsaver. Everyone will have an opinion on pricing and I've stated mine above. I think it's worth it if you can find them for relatively cheap.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #12418 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 08:13:04 »
Yeah totally depends on the price you find them for. The boards over $50 aren't worth it in my opinion. I sold mine because of the price I was able to get for it and the fact that keycaps are so hard to find.

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #12419 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 08:42:17 »

I like the Matias clicky switches. They feel exactly like Grey Alps and are my second favorite clicky Alps switch (both gray and Matias Clicky). Blue Alps are my favorite but if you don't want to pay the price, I would just stick with what you have. They're not that rare and they're not unicorn. People just don't explore all the different types of Alps, read that Blues are the best, and then are willing to pay the markups on them. This chart is essentially my least favorite to most favorite switches (top to bottom).

I really like them. Blue Alps are my favorite and that's why they're in my Kingsaver. Everyone will have an opinion on pricing and I've stated mine above. I think it's worth it if you can find them for relatively cheap.

Yeah, I heard about your Kingsaver, and it sounds like a magnificent board. I actually ordered an Infinity keyboard earlier this afternoon, and I want to try to find a donor board for blue Alps in the meantime. If I can't find one, however, I'm harvesting green Alps from my ADDS 1010 board instead.
Typing speed:
More

My collection:
More

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline Rose

« Reply #12420 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 18:16:22 »
Any idea why my PC freezes on this BIOS screen when it boots up with my new keyboard connected?

As soon as I disconnect the keyboard, Windows loads immediately. While it's frozen, key presses do not register. A am using the TMK firmware. Is this a question for the TMK thread?  Thanks.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #12421 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 18:20:25 »
Any idea why my PC freezes on this BIOS screen when it boots up with my new keyboard connected?

As soon as I disconnect the keyboard, Windows loads immediately. While it's frozen, key presses do not register. A am using the TMK firmware. Is this a question for the TMK thread?  Thanks.

On Gigabyte mobos that's about the time it runs "Init USB", probably waiting for a handshake response or isn't understanding your keyboard's response.

I would update the bios and post in the firmware thread.

Edit: you also want to disable bios logo so you can see what it's saying. There also might be some sort of switch in the bios to support legacy usb devices.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 May 2015, 18:22:14 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Rose

« Reply #12422 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 19:17:58 »
Fixed! I went into the BIOS and poked around. The legacy USB option was already enabled but I disabled the logo and enabled something called 'ultra fast boot'. Now I don't see any BIOS screen at all when booting.  Thank you!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #12423 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 19:41:22 »

Fixed! I went into the BIOS and poked around. The legacy USB option was already enabled but I disabled the logo and enabled something called 'ultra fast boot'. Now I don't see any BIOS screen at all when booting.  Thank you!

Cool
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #12424 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 20:45:19 »

I have had this happen 1 or 2 times with some of my boards.  I'll have to try this if it happens again.  Thanks.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12425 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 20:51:15 »
I love happy endings and easy fixes.

Offline llovro

« Reply #12426 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 09:21:57 »
I haven't checked on geekhack for a while and, I'm wondering for how much do vintage black switches go for nowadays

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12427 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 09:25:03 »
I haven't checked on geekhack for a while and, I'm wondering for how much do vintage black switches go for nowadays

You should ask that here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=31779.0

But typically they have sold for ~$0.25-0.35/switch

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12428 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 09:35:30 »

See the OP. This isn't the price check thread so please ask there. I'm strict about this because I don't want people using this as a way to get around the classified rules.

Offline llovro

« Reply #12429 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 09:39:57 »

See the OP. This isn't the price check thread so please ask there. I'm strict about this because I don't want people using this as a way to get around the classified rules.
I'm sorry. I'll ask in the price check thread again.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 May 2015, 09:48:05 by llovro »

Offline greath

« Reply #12430 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 09:54:11 »
Gonna be taking apart about 240 Cherry clears soon I harvested off some old Cherry boards (I need to remove the diodes). Saw a bit of corrosion in 1 of the ones I've already taken apart (out of ~12). I was considering cleaning them while they are apart. Anyone have suggestions on the process? Do I remove the metal contacts? Just dish soap and water and shake it around a lot?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #12431 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 09:57:45 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 09:25:52 by esoomenona »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12432 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 10:04:29 »
Gonna be taking apart about 240 Cherry clears soon I harvested off some old Cherry boards (I need to remove the diodes). Saw a bit of corrosion in 1 of the ones I've already taken apart (out of ~12). I was considering cleaning them while they are apart. Anyone have suggestions on the process? Do I remove the metal contacts? Just dish soap and water and shake it around a lot?

You can't remove the metal contact, and trying to do so may damage the switches beyond repair. Perhaps try a bit of high percentage alcohol and a qtip to clean any that appear to have any corrosion?

That's what I use. High percentage isopropyl alcohol or Noxon Metal Polish. You could also try an ultrasonic cleaner. Or simply just tossing the corroded switches if you can't get them to work.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #12433 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 10:09:37 »
You can't remove the metal contact, and trying to do so may damage the switches beyond repair. Perhaps try a bit of high percentage alcohol and a qtip to clean any that appear to have any corrosion?

Not quite true, the contacts do come out. I know Exitfire swapped Cherry internals into Gateron housings for his Simply 60 build. Apparently they do come out pretty easily. It might be more difficult though for switches harvested from old boards because of solder remaining on the pins, and it probably wouldn't make them much easier to clean.

If there are some switches that won't come clean and it causes trouble, you could always buy a few of another switch type and swap out the entire bottom housing, including contacts.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline greath

« Reply #12434 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 10:33:38 »
Alright, 91% iso it is.

And since I don't have an ultrasonic cleaner, I think I'll try it with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1DtY2VwSyY&t=1m21s

LOL  :))

Offline llovro

« Reply #12435 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 13:08:05 »
Also does anyone have any open source cad files for a tkl case?

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #12436 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 14:16:13 »
Alright, 91% iso it is.

And since I don't have an ultrasonic cleaner, I think I'll try it with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1DtY2VwSyY&t=1m21s

I might actually do this.... Anyways, what is recommended solution for cleaning switches, isopropyl / water mix?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12437 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 14:17:20 »
Alright, 91% iso it is.

I might actually do this.... Anyways, what is recommended solution for cleaning switches, isopropyl / water mix?

I just use 91% isopropyl and no water.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47744.msg1019782#msg1019782

Think it's litster's case.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #12438 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 14:21:19 »
Alright, 91% iso it is.

awesome, I have >400 switches I want to clean so this is perfect

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #12439 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 14:21:39 »
Alright, 91% iso it is.

Yeah. 70% is too watery. 90% is available at any drug store, target, etc.

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12440 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 14:24:09 »
Yeah. 70% is too watery. 90% is available at any drug store, target, etc.

Yup, you can check your local grocery store in the First Aid section. That's where I get mine. Target, drug stores, Walmart, etc are also places to get some.

Isopropyl is cheap and can clean a lot of things. I also use it to clean video game cartridges.

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #12441 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 15:01:59 »
What IYO is the best 60% circuit board, the infinity one on massdrop, gh60, others?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12442 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 15:04:28 »
What IYO is the best 60% circuit board, the infinity one on massdrop, gh60, others?

I really liked the Ducky PCBs I've worked on so I think the Ducky Mini should have a really nice one. The GH60 Rev B I have is ok. Beastmask's stuff seem really nice but I'm a little sketchy on how to grab them. And I've heard the GON ones are nice. I've never seen an infinity PCB so I'm not sure.

I'm coming from a perspective of modding and PCB thickness. I don't know what you're looking for when you say "the best".

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #12443 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 15:25:42 »

I really liked the Ducky PCBs I've worked on so I think the Ducky Mini should have a really nice one. The GH60 Rev B I have is ok. Beastmask's stuff seem really nice but I'm a little sketchy on how to grab them. And I've heard the GON ones are nice. I've never seen an infinity PCB so I'm not sure.

I'm coming from a perspective of modding and PCB thickness. I don't know what you're looking for when you say "the best".
What do you mean Beastmask's PCBs are hard to grab? winkeyless is Monstermask/Beastmask

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #12444 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 15:27:35 »

You're always so fast dude!
Here's another question, is it possible to change one's gh username?   :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12445 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 15:52:12 »

PM the mods.

What do you mean Beastmask's PCBs are hard to grab? winkeyless is Monstermask/Beastmask

I don't really keep up with the Korean game at all. I leave that to all you kids. Thanks for letting me know.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #12446 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 16:00:45 »

PM the mods.

I don't really keep up with the Korean game at all. I leave that to all you kids. Thanks for letting me know.
NP, if you need any help with his PCBs, I know about most of them and the differences

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12447 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 16:05:25 »

PM the mods.

NP, if you need any help with his PCBs, I know about most of them and the differences
You should make a thread :)

Offline llovro

« Reply #12448 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 16:08:52 »
Alright, 91% iso it is.

Thanks, but I was thinking about a cnc milled one. How much do you think it would cost for someone to make me a 3d model of a case?

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #12449 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 18:37:09 »
Alright, 91% iso it is.

Thanks, but I was thinking about a cnc milled one. How much do you think it would cost for someone to make me a 3d model of a case?

Download and learn FreeCAD. It's simple once you learn it. And there are tons of docs and videos out there.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps