Author Topic: GEEKHACK PROTO TSHIRTS(ALL SHIPPED)  (Read 28181 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: GEEKHACK PROTO TSHIRTS
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 06:42:15 »
Thanks for hooking this up so fast BunnyLake! I'm really excited for the shirts. :D

it would have been about a week faster but i tried to hook to many people up, but they are currently being made and i will get them turned around as quick as i can
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
Re: GEEKHACK PROTO TSHIRTS(update in my last posts)
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 07:39:53 »
These will look great Bunny, nice job!
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 08:38:14 »
in case anyone is interested

this is where the shirts are being made

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 08:39:28 »
Classic silk screen.. I could've made them for you :p
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 08:40:49 »

these guys are excellent, they actually work with a lot of the major bands and several really well known clothing companies

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 08:43:26 »

these guys are excellent, they actually work with a lot of the major bands and several really well known clothing companies
I wasn't knocking them or their method. Silk screen is arguably the best method of making tshirts, however it's very DIY-able and I've been able to make some great shirts myself in the past.

Are they a local firm, or somewhere else in the country?
github

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 08:47:17 »

I wasn't knocking them or their method. Silk screen is arguably the best method of making tshirts, however it's very DIY-able and I've been able to make some great shirts myself in the past.

ah i wasnt getting at you silk screening is great which is why i went this way, and they arent local to me now but they have been in the past and i have used them for several projects and there service is second to none, to the point that i am considering doing a monthly geekhack shirt much in the same way that techkeys does there geekhack key, with a different design every month and doing a limited run each time to make a bit of money for geekhack

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 08:54:58 »

ah i wasnt getting at you silk screening is great which is why i went this way, and they arent local to me now but they have been in the past and i have used them for several projects and there service is second to none, to the point that i am considering doing a monthly geekhack shirt much in the same way that techkeys does there geekhack key, with a different design every month and doing a limited run each time to make a bit of money for geekhack

bunny getting crazy up in here :P

maybe every quarter....I don't need 'that' many t-shirts..haha

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 08:57:13 »

bunny getting crazy up in here :P

sir, this entire community is built on the principle that ones need for something in no way shape or form represents there buying habits

welcome to wallethack

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 08:57:43 »
A monthly GH shirt would be pretty cool. How about a deskthority shirt? I think their logo would look excellent.

sir, this entire community is built on the principle that ones need for something in no way shape or form represents there buying habits

welcome to wallethack
Just about summed it all up :p
github

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 08:58:48 »

bunny getting crazy up in here :p

welcome to wallethack

bunny one more post and you will be at 900!

and yes believe me I'm considering making a spreadsheet of my 'hobby' expenditures

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:00:25 »

bunny getting crazy up in here :p

welcome to wallethack

bunny one more post and you will be at 900!

and yes believe me I'm considering making a spreadsheet of my 'hobby' expenditures

DONT DO IT

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:04:07 »

Why? You'll just make yourself sad :P

A monthly GH shirt would be pretty cool. How about a deskthority shirt? I think their logo would look excellent.

welcome to wallethack

I think RougeR tried to get a DT shirt made but there was no interest on DT. And Bunny, that quote is SO RIGHT. Funniest post I've read today hehe. And don't worry Bunny, I'd buy a lot of shirts. You guys should see my t-shirt collection...So much band merch ^__^

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:12:41 »

welcome to wallethack

I think RougeR tried to get a DT shirt made but there was no interest on DT. And Bunny, that quote is SO RIGHT. Funniest post I've read today hehe. And don't worry Bunny, I'd buy a lot of shirts. You guys should see my t-shirt collection...So much band merch ^__^

yeah, its basically happening, i think i am gonna do small runs, 25 shirts a month, new design every month, profits go to geekhack, what i will do is post the design each month before i have them made, if people wanna preorder them in there size that will be fine, if there are any left out of 25 after preorders i will get assorted sizes and sell whats left with all profits going to GH

fun times

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:20:08 »

welcome to wallethack

yeah, its basically happening, i think i am gonna do small runs, 25 shirts a month, new design every month, profits go to geekhack, what i will do is post the design each month before i have them made, if people wanna preorder them in there size that will be fine, if there are any left out of 25 after preorders i will get assorted sizes and sell whats left with all profits going to GH

fun times

so basically your starting bunny's geekhack shirt of the month club :eek:

is it a lot extra to make a kids sized shirt?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:21:45 »

welcome to wallethack

fun times

so basically your starting bunny's geekhack shirt of the month club :eek:

is it a lot extra to make a kids sized shirt?

it would be no extra as long as the design that is small enough to fit on a childs shirt, and yes, although im not sure that will be the name

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:42:20 »

Show Image

Holy smokes that brings me back. Notice the red thing in the foreground, like a plate. After you hit the shirt with one color, you rotate it under that heating plate. Is this your place, Bunny? How did you get an interior shot like this? And the buckets of ink -- do you guys mix by hand? Looks like you do!  :D
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:44:24 »

Show Image

Holy smokes that brings me back. Notice the red thing in the foreground, like a plate. After you hit the shirt with one color, you rotate it under that heating plate. Is this your place, Bunny? How did you get an interior shot like this? And the buckets of ink -- do you guys mix by hand? Looks like you do!  :D

its not mine unfortunately i just know the person whos it is, its a real nice set up they have

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:49:40 »

Show Image

its not mine unfortunately i just know the person whos it is, its a real nice set up they have

T-shirt printing just wasn't a money maker for my company, so we gave it up. The margins were just too slim. Now everyone collects them, though, so what do I know? But it's awesome to see someone doing silk-screening like that; it's a bit of a science and a bit of an art to get it just right. Since you're doing a nice simple 'Geekhack' in orange on a black shirt, you might want to ask them to print up some variations (orange onto white, black onto an orange base, etc.) -- that way you get the most out of the one screen.

Well, the idea is just getting off the ground -- ask them if they can hold onto the screen!
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:56:03 »

Show Image

T-shirt printing just wasn't a money maker for my company, so we gave it up. The margins were just too slim. Now everyone collects them, though, so what do I know? But it's awesome to see someone doing silk-screening like that; it's a bit of a science and a bit of an art to get it just right. Since you're doing a nice simple 'Geekhack' in orange on a black shirt, you might want to ask them to print up some variations (orange onto white, black onto an orange base, etc.) -- that way you get the most out of the one screen.

Well, the idea is just getting off the ground -- ask them if they can hold onto the screen!

yeah the screen is being kept, as i say above, there will be monthly shirts its looking like form now on so some cool variations ahead

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:22:31 »

BOOM

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:23:40 »
Again, sweet tats.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:24:09 »
Again, sweet tats.

all the good ones are covered up unfortunately

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:25:16 »
Does your wife have the key to your heart? :D
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #124 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:26:28 »

NO, she has a massive lifesize portrait of elvis

Offline deazncy

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:31:32 »

NO, she has a massive lifesize portrait of elvis

LOL.

You're one awesome dude.
“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one” -Bruce Lee

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:31:36 »
If she did I was going to tell her to give me it back. It's a song, but it didn't work, unfortunately.

Good on her though! Elvis is awesome and sings my favourite song of all time - Burning Love. :D
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:41:11 »
Damn. I'm so jealous of the sleeves BunnyLake

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:48:51 »
damn i didn't expect these to look that good, now i want one.  :(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:49:43 »

im not sure if i should take that as a compliment or an insult

orders for the june shirt will start soon

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:52:34 »

im not sure if i should take that as a compliment or an insult

orders for the june shirt will start soon

take that as a compliment, sorry, its more of me saying i was skeptical because I have seen some crappy quality t-shirts get made in the past (not related to geekhack), but it appears you nailed it sir.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:54:31 »
Crappy screen printing is all too familiar to me. :( These look like superb quality. :D

Offline Doinkemon

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 15:00:55 »
What sizes are these in?  :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 15:03:21 »

xs - 5xl

Offline Doinkemon

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 15:36:00 »

xs - 5xl

Can I have a XS and a M please?

Also, about the babygrow, would you be able to get hold of one soon or not? I'm debating on buying a small (too) and altering it or wait for a babygrow :D

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 16:07:07 »
Nice T-shirts! Looking forward to getting mine.
🍉

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 16:27:07 »
I need one in size 2T or 3T (toddler) for my son. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 18:11:25 »
I need one in size 2T or 3T (toddler) for my son. :D

that wont be a problem man

Offline Muffet

• Man of many paths
Re: GEEKHACK PROTO TSHIRTS(ARRIVED)
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 19:16:27 »
I kind of forgot about this thread after ordering one. Checking in now and everything is looking great! Thanks for making this happen I can't wait to see the other designs happen!

Painted QFR    Cherry ML for Work

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 20:03:28 »
Show Image

BOOM

There seems to be a distinct lack of bunnies or bodies of water on those arms, my good man...

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 20:06:46 »
Lookin' good... I was going to ask for a refund because I'm pretty broke right now but damn that's hot.
I love Elzy

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 21:15:08 »
Looks sick! Can't wait to get mine. When are you shipping them out?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #142 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 04:59:19 »
they will ship on tuesday or wednesday, monday is a bank holiday and i need to get appropriate shipping supplies and small gifts

Offline Rendom

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 05:16:48 »
the back is blank?
QFR - MX Blue

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #144 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 05:18:01 »
the back is blank?

of this one, on the next shirt im doing in about 2 weeks it says "it's a keyboard thing..." on the bottom of the back
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 May 2013, 05:22:30 by BunnyLake »

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 05:36:38 »
I need one  :-*

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 05:59:21 »
Please send to my Superr XXXXXXXXXL size  or highest Bigger Size !!!

i want Big size   :eek: :eek:
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #147 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 06:04:39 »
Please send to my Superr XXXXXXXXXL size  or highest Bigger Size !!!

i want Big size   :eek: :eek:

You could put that over your duvet and sleep under it at night...

:o

Geekhack bedding ?!!?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #148 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 08:47:32 »
if anyone actually wants a shirt and didnt get in on the order pm me ASAP

as in today at the latest

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
Re: GEEKHACK PROTO TSHIRTS
« Reply #149 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 10:34:11 »
I vote for the keycaps option. Can we get "keyboard enthusiasts" under the logo?
The same here.
+1
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB