Author Topic: Dating advice  (Read 23185 times)

Offline RiGS

Dating advice
« on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 17:53:50 »
Hey guys & gals!

I need an advice.

I'm about to date a lady. She is very important to me. I used to date with her five years ago, but that time my life was kinda complicated, and our relationship ended up with a huge cliffhanger.
Since then 5 years have passed, and I still couldn't forget that day. I think I'm still in love with her.

She is in a relationship with a dude for four years, but she is unhappy, so now I'm cool with dating her.

Today is her birthday. Btw she is 24.
I don't want to buy her, but I absolutely want to express my feelings for her in special way. I don't want to be cheesy.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:35:56 by RiGS »
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: Dating advice
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 17:56:27 »
Jewelry if you want to get in her pants.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 17:56:34 »
Are you much of a writer? You could try sending her a handwritten letter some other day besides her birthday. As for a present right now, it shouldn't be anything too flashy because it would be too soon. ;)

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 17:58:19 »
24 origami paper hearts
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 17:58:50 »
dude if she's cheating on her current SO with you, what the **** do you think she's gonna do when she gets unhappy with YOU? tell her to make her mind up before you get too emotionally invested man.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 17:59:28 »
dude if she's cheating on her current SO with you, what the **** do you think she's gonna do when she gets unhappy with YOU? tell her to make her mind up before you get too emotionally invested man.

This^ 2+2=4

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:00:23 »
Oh wait what? She is still taken right now? Oh no man, don't do that.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:00:37 »
600 emails expressing your true feels
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:02:29 »
A couple roses and dinner and a movie.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:03:46 »
Flowers never go out of style, especially if you can recall her favorite kind from five years ago.

Plus a spa gift certificate.  Or a sky-diving trip.  Gift an experience, not stuff.   Stuff gets lost, thrown away, discarded.  Experiences last a lifetime.

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:05:04 »

Not really experienced with this kind of stuff, but what sth said seems to make a lot of sense. GL RiGS!
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:06:10 »
nobody is worth risking your emotional well-being over like that. it sucks but sometimes you just have to say NEXT and focus on better, newer things.

i do hope there is more to this and that you guys can be happy but don't let her dictate your own happiness.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline dante

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:09:16 »
I think I missed the part where you said she would cheat on him?  Just because a couple may be facing hard times doesn't mean they will cheat.  Well ... maybe your generation does (oh no he didn't!)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:09:59 »
I think I missed the part where you said she would cheat on him?  Just because a couple may be facing hard times doesn't mean they will cheat.  Well ... maybe your generation does (oh no he didn't!)

they're already 'dating' -- danger zone.

Offline dante

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:11:25 »
never mind. my reading comprehension has reached new lows.  fail fail fail.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:19:10 »

We haven't actually met since that day. But we talk daily via email and sometimes on phone for a couple of months.
Initially she refused to meet with me, because she was afraid, that she still had strong feelings for me, and didn't want to mess her relationship.
However I believe she arrived to a turning and finally she wants to meet me and explore what if...
I don't want to rush this thing.
As I said today is her birthday and I just can't leave it unnoticed.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:21:02 »
Are you much of a writer? You could try sending her a handwritten letter some other day besides her birthday. As for a present right now, it shouldn't be anything too flashy because it would be too soon. ;)

That day I also gave her a handwritten letter. She kept it since that day and protects it in her special box. LOL she even showed it to his bf.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:21:13 »

We haven't actually met since that day. But we talk daily via email and sometimes on phone for a couple of months.
Initially she refused to meet with me, because she was afraid, that she still had strong feelings for me, and didn't want to mess her relationship.
However I believe she arrived to a turning and finally she wants to meet me and explore what if...
I don't want to rush this thing.
As I said today is her birthday and I just can't leave it unnoticed.

Tell her happy birthday and take her off your mental pedestal. it's not really appropriate or respectful for you to be giving her any kind of remotely romantic gift. You dont have to rush anything but dont let her flip flop on you or be indecisive.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:23:05 »
I don't want to do romantic gifts. I just want something appropriate for this kind of situation.

Life not always that black and white.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:02:24 by RiGS »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:40:55 »
What you need to do is send her 600 emails.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:44:02 »
Why 600? Sending a mail bomb doesn't make sense to me.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:44:47 »
Why 600?

Because 599 isn't enough
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline RiGS

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:56:32 »
nobody is worth risking your emotional well-being over like that. it sucks but sometimes you just have to say NEXT and focus on better, newer things.

i do hope there is more to this and that you guys can be happy but don't let her dictate your own happiness.

Well, it's too late. We already tried that several times over the years, but that just hasn't worked out. She is not just a girl. I believe she is THE girl.
It seems we always find a way back to each other.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:02:43 »

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:04:41 »

Well, it's too late. We already tried that several times over the years, but that just hasn't worked out. She is not just a girl. I believe she is THE girl.

there is no such thing, dude. i dont know the exact details of your situation but you sound like you're pining hard, and that's a waste of your valuable time.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:07:27 »
600 emails expressing your true feels

This is solid advice.
I love Elzy

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:09:55 »
Send her a nice birthday wish, and let her control the tempo.

Just because it's her birthday changes nothing, and just because she is unhappy doesn't mean you should step in as the night in shining armor. Doing anything that jeopardizes her current relationship can seriously blow up in your face should they decide to stick it out even a little longer.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline RiGS

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:10:51 »
(Attachment Link)
That's funny ****, but I did.
Now she in a messed up relationship and she keeps trying to escape from it, but it's kinda hard, since the dude lives with her family and she doesn't have the courage to handle the situation.
Somehow she always reaches out to me. It is really frustrating.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:12:24 »
I was actually kind of sad to see no tp4 post in this thread so far. :(

It sounds like bad business in my book, though. Either way, have yourself some fun!
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline RiGS

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:17:53 »

there is no such thing, dude. i dont know the exact details of your situation but you sound like you're pining hard, and that's a waste of your valuable time.

You are probably right, but trust me there is.
See I don't think of it like that. I enjoy my life without her as well, but it feels that we are somehow connected and I really want to explore this a bit more.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:18:19 »
Now she in a messed up relationship and she keeps trying to escape from it, but it's kinda hard, since the dude lives with her family and she doesn't have the courage to handle the situation.
There is three reasons she is reaching out to you every time...

Either you are now in friend-zone, she still holds a torch for you, or you're her fallback.
If she breaks up and wants to try again, beware, if it doesn't work between you both, run, because you will never be the one she really wants. She will constantly go running back to you when her main interest falls apart and leaving you the first chance she gets, knowing you will still be there waiting for her every time.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:19:24 »
I was actually kind of sad to see no tp4 post in this thread so far. :(
This. He must be under the weather.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:20:58 »
If she breaks up and wants to try again, beware, if it doesn't work between you both, run, because you will never be the one she really wants. She will constantly go running back to you when her main interest falls apart and leaving you the first chance she gets, knowing you will still be there waiting for her every time.

boom. even if you think she is 'the one'* it's not worth you getting wrecked over her inability to commit or be anything but selfish in that context. you have to take care of your OWN emotional wellbeing before you can take care of others, and if you base that on a relationship status and it backfires you're being unfair to everybody. sounds like she might be being unfair to you, herself and her current SO, but again I dont know or want to know the particulars.

also TJ's got it, see below

* NEO
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:22:58 by sth »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:22:11 »
I'm surprised no one suggested you do something nice like cook her a nice spaghetti dinner.

You know how to make spaghetti, right?

You're her security blanket, not a love interest.  You're comfortable and nice to use to boost her emotions when they're low, don't take that to mean she cares about you when she doesn't want something from you.

/personal experience

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:22:15 »
oops double

Offline RiGS

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:25:52 »
I'm surprised no one suggested you do something nice like cook her a nice spaghetti dinner.

You're her security blanket, not a love interest.  You're comfortable and nice to use to boost her emotions when they're low, don't take that to mean she cares about you when she doesn't want something from you.

/personal experience
There's certainly some truth to that. It still kinda sucks. :)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:27:59 »

/personal experience
She is still in a relationship, so cooking a nice dinner could go severely wrong.

Also, she may or may not be his blanket, but it's very possible. It depends on who it goes next time they get in   relationship since it seems they only dated once(?), or if she has already stuck him in friend zone. If he is a blanket though, he needs to cut and run. If they have dated more than once, yeah, definite blanket.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline RiGS

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:30:25 »

Either you are now in friend-zone, she still holds a torch for you, or you're her fallback.

I think each of it applies. But why me? And why did she keep my handwritten letter?
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:32:12 by RiGS »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:31:42 »

/personal experience
She is still in a relationship, so cooking a nice dinner could go severely wrong.

Also, she may or may not be his blanket, but it's very possible. It depends on who it goes next time they get in   relationship since it seems they only dated once(?), or if she has already stuck him in friend zone. If he is a blanket though, he needs to cut and run. If they have dated more than once, yeah, definite blanket.

That wasn't meant to be the serious part of my comment.

Considering she goes to him when "things are bad", yeah, security blanket.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:33:15 »

I think each of it applies. But why me? And why did she keep my handwritten letter?

Just because your words (literally in this case) make her feel better, it doesn't equate to her having genuine feelings.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:35:06 »
She not only gets to me when she is bored. It is kinda random. He keeps digging into my stuff.

However one thing I am certain about is that she has genuine feelings for me. She even admitted it. And she is very careful with her words. When she says something she really means it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:40:45 by RiGS »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:41:37 »
She not only gets to me when she is bored. It is kinda random. He keeps digging into my stuff.

However one thing I am certain about is that she has genuine feelings for me. She even admitted it. And she is very careful with her words. When she says something she really means it.

yeah unless she's lying and/or semi-unintentionally manipulating you. be careful :\

Offline RiGS

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:58:30 »
I think a friendly meeting won't hurt anyone.
If she is for real, I will sense it from her body language.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 19:59:44 »
I think a friendly meeting won't hurt anyone.
If she is for real, I will sense it from her body language.

All I'm saying is I've thought literally this same exact thing and got burned so bad I needed a skin graft.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 20:03:15 »
I appreciate your concern, but it sounds like you are projecting.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 20:06:02 »
I appreciate your concern, but it sounds like you are projecting.

You deserve any heartbreak you incur after ****ING EVERYBODY who has responded has told you to move on.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 20:09:54 »
Don't be mean.

Look just lay it down.  Say it clearly.  You want her back and she should get rid of the loser.  If she says no, then you've saved yourself a helluva lot of time and effort.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 20:10:03 »
Thanks. I will take it as a word of warning.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 20:15:38 »