Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8669147 times)

Offline padath

Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #1100 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 10:48:03 »
While I don't know CC at all, I'm sure he is open to suggestions. Whether or not he takes/uses them is obviously up to him to decide. I figured I'd take a stab at addressing some of the drama.

IMO the drama and the thrill of the hunt makes Clacks even more desirable. If they were easier to obtain then they might not be as desirable.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 November 2013, 10:50:09 by padath »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1101 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 10:51:26 »
While I don't know CC at all, I'm sure he is open to suggestions. Whether or not he takes/uses them is obviously up to him to decide. I figured I'd take a stab at addressing some of the drama.

IMO the drama and the thrill of the hunt makes Clacks even more desirable. If they were easier to obtain then they might not be as desirable.

Yeah I'd agree, I've been here for quite a few EK sales and 4grabs but still haven't had any luck. Just means it will be that much sweeter when I finally get one!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline kgrad5

« Reply #1102 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 11:15:13 »

Yeah I'd agree, I've been here for quite a few EK sales and 4grabs but still haven't had any luck. Just means it will be that much sweeter when I finally get one!

That's definitely fair, and the ironic thing about it is the drama is really what is driving prices up. The people who complain the loudest about not getting clacks and the prices on the secondary market are the ones responsible for actually driving those prices.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1103 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 11:16:33 »
Here's how I imagine CC picking people.

Show Image

lol

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1104 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 11:17:01 »
Green Vader Green Vader Green Vader

(Is this how I summon clacks?)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1105 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 11:41:27 »
Here is how a NORMAL person would have replied to Pacifist.

Can Someone plz give me ClickClack factories email address ? plz.

You won't get a clack by begging to the maker

Oh that's fine, just want to make sure I have everything I need for the 4grabs!

See how easy that was? No insults required.
I stand by what i said ^_^  I'll say what i want and if people don't like it then don't read it.

Aaaaand you're on my ignore list!
Hello ^_^
Show Image

Please keep the profanity to a minimum.

You're just digging yourself a deeper hole if we're being honest.

Cut out the toxic behavior, we can all still get along.
No, that ship has long sailed off ^_^

Then prehaps you should leave this fourm. You are not making a very good first impression at the moment
I'm not here to make freinds. I'm here to find sales and that it. Nothing more.
You are literally everything that is wrong with the GH community.

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #1106 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 11:42:40 »

That's definitely fair, and the ironic thing about it is the drama is really what is driving prices up. The people who complain the loudest about not getting clacks and the prices on the secondary market are the ones responsible for actually driving those prices.

your logic is deeply flawed my friend.
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1107 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 11:53:28 »
Here is how a NORMAL person would have replied to Pacifist.

Can Someone plz give me ClickClack factories email address ? plz.

You won't get a clack by begging to the maker

Oh that's fine, just want to make sure I have everything I need for the 4grabs!

See how easy that was? No insults required.
I stand by what i said ^_^  I'll say what i want and if people don't like it then don't read it.

Aaaaand you're on my ignore list!
Hello ^_^
Show Image

Please keep the profanity to a minimum.

You're just digging yourself a deeper hole if we're being honest.

Cut out the toxic behavior, we can all still get along.
No, that ship has long sailed off ^_^

Then prehaps you should leave this fourm. You are not making a very good first impression at the moment
I'm not here to make freinds. I'm here to find sales and that it. Nothing more.

GTFO

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1108 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 11:54:06 »
Here's how I imagine CC picking people.

Show Image

Lol :)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1109 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 12:04:18 »

Offline kgrad5

« Reply #1110 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 12:37:15 »

How so?

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1111 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 13:15:05 »

+1

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #1112 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 15:56:42 »

How so?

People complaining about the prices isnt driving the prices up.  The people setting the prices, and the people paying the insane prices are what are driving the prices up.
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #1113 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 16:11:29 »

How so?

People complaining about the prices isnt driving the prices up.  The people setting the prices, and the people paying the insane prices are what are driving the prices up.
yes this ^ i can't even believe people are willing to pay 3 digit prices for 1 plastic key. Its CRAZZY.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 November 2013, 16:15:31 by acidtrip69 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1114 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:06:39 »

How so?

yes this ^ i can't even believe people are willing to pay 3 digit prices for 1 plastic key. Its CRAZZY.

Have you ever collected anything?

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #1115 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:09:31 »

Totes. I once went to a gallery where they were trying to sell pieces of paper for thousands of dollars... and here's the kicker, it was for paper that somebody had already drawn on. They called it art or something..

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1116 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:12:51 »

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #1117 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:23:56 »
How sad

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1118 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:27:14 »

Totes. I once went to a gallery where they were trying to sell pieces of paper for thousands of dollars... and here's the kicker, it was for paper that somebody had already drawn on. They called it art or something..

Art? I can just 3D print my own art, scoff  :))

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #1119 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:29:40 »

I get the art thing. I would love to own a beautiful painting or anything like that, but theses keycaps i wouldn't say go to that high regards as "art"

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1120 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:35:20 »

I get the art thing. I would love to own a beautiful painting or anything like that, but theses keycaps i wouldn't say go to that high regards as "art"
Thanks for your opinion.  Nobody really cares.

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #1121 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:37:08 »

Thanks for your Opinion, i also don't care about your opinion ^_^

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1122 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:39:01 »

I didn't state my opinion, I was speaking for the community.

Offline Fuzzy Dunlop

« Reply #1123 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:39:19 »
According to the GMTG website, they sold a BGS 10 Beta Lotus for $50,000. Geez, I can remember when Moxes were selling for $170.

Aside from the Black Lotus being a piece of paper with no intrinsic value, it isn't very practical for it's intended function, since it's banned from most tournament play.

Topre ReɅlforce 86UB   |   Razer DeathAdder Black Edition

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1124 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:39:41 »
If you don't want it as art, but rather as a keycap, why don't you just buy some thick PBT caps?

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #1125 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:42:38 »
If you don't want it as art, but rather as a keycap, why don't you just buy some thick PBT caps?
I do have some pbt's i have 2 sets so far. i would like to have more pbt keys ^_^

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #1126 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:45:51 »

I didn't state my opinion, I was speaking for the community.
Lolz you don't speak for the "community" you were speaking for yourself. Also cuz I'm part of the "community also and you don't speak for me. -_-

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1127 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:46:08 »
I do have some pbt's i have 2 sets so far. i would like to have more pbt keys ^_^

Okay then, since your own personal opinion is that you think clacks aren't art and aren't worth 3 digits, why don't you spend your money on some more regular keycaps, not novelty works of art?

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1128 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:47:11 »
Let's keep things polite please! :)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1129 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:47:33 »
ACIDTRIP AND MKULTRA DROP IT NOW PLZ

Or I will remove your posts ^_^

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1130 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:48:29 »
Yes my lord.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1131 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:50:51 »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1132 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:56:51 »

If you dont find them as art then get out of this damn topic, youre ruining the fun for CC's real fans.

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #1133 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 17:59:16 »

If you dont find them as art then get out of this damn topic, youre ruining the fun for CC's real fans.
No i will not leave. i like how they look. I wouldn't say they are "art"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1134 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 18:00:10 »
More

In this thread I learned that hashbaz played the wrong race in WarCraft 2. Please try again:

Anyways, carry on

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1135 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 18:00:33 »

So him spending his time on all of the materials and hand crafting them into artworks isnt art? Real nice of ya man.. Show the man some appreciation.

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #1136 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 18:04:05 »

So him spending his time on all of the materials and hand crafting them into artworks isnt art? Real nice of ya man.. Show the man some appreciation.
I'm not saying anything bad about the guy. I'm not saying anything bad about his hard work. I just don't hold the keys as high regard as to "real art" Why do you and other people say things that i haven't said and act like i said it ?why ?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1137 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 18:10:01 »
Art

noun
noun: art; plural noun: arts; plural noun: the arts

The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture.

It is therefore art.

This discussion comes around alot, and I used to be on your side, saying paintings are art, keycaps are not. But then it hit me... they are! :-*
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1138 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 18:12:31 »
How are CC's not art?
Art is:
the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

CC is expressing and applying his creative skill and imagination in a visual form as a sculpted key cap, and judging by the amount of pictures in the post a picture of your cc thread, its appreciated a lot for its beauty. Most people put them on keys that they don't frequently use, thus making it less practical and more artistic

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1139 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 18:12:51 »
Art

noun

The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture.

It is therefore art.

This discussion comes around alot, and I used to be on your side, saying paintings are art, keycaps are not. But then it hit me... they are! :-*

FFFF I got ninja'd

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1140 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 18:18:42 »
How are CC's not art?
Art is:
the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

CC is expressing and applying his creative skill and imagination in a visual form as a sculpted key cap, and judging by the amount of pictures in the post a picture of your cc thread, its appreciated a lot for its beauty. Most people put them on keys that they don't frequently use, thus making it less practical and more artistic
Art

noun

It is therefore art.

Exactly :)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1141 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:14:36 »
ar·ti·san
ˈärtizən/Submit
noun
noun: artisan; plural noun: artisans
a worker in a skilled trade, esp. one that involves making things by hand.
synonyms:   craftsman, craftswoman, craftsperson; More

Artisans often make art :-/

Casting and figure making is a skilled trade.  Laymen are not inherently craftsmen without learning about a medium.

CC used a skill to express in a medium which makes him the artist and his expressions art.  I could be wrong but I have a feeling I'm not.

In Philadelphia I met a tagger who spent time making stickers meant for different parts of the city.  Wherever he was he was sketching and coloring and making these stickers when he wasn't dreaming about them.  He could have painted his designs, but he chose a medium by which he could produce a ton of these stickers.  In his words "They carry more power if my little brothers and sisters can tag their turf with the help of a pro."

What did I learn? Some of the smaller things we take for granted are artistic in their very nature.  Some craftsmen just take it farther than others subsequently redefining the medium.

enough said...
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #1142 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:15:13 »
ar·ti·san
ˈärtizən/Submit
noun

Casting and figure making is a skilled trade.  Laymen are not inherently craftsmen without learning about a medium.

CC used a skill to express in a medium which makes him the artist and his expressions art.  I could be wrong but I have a feeling I'm not.

In Philadelphia I met a tagger who spent time making stickers meant for different parts of the city.  Wherever he was he was sketching and coloring and making these stickers when he wasn't dreaming about them.  He could have painted his designs, but he chose a medium by which he could produce a ton of these stickers.  In his words "They carry more power if my little brothers and sisters can tag their turf with the help of a pro."

What did I learn? Some of the smaller things we take for granted are artistic in their very nature.  Some craftsmen just take it farther than others subsequently redefining the medium.

enough said...

Binge caps are a piece of art as well :)

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1143 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:18:36 »
ar·ti·san
ˈärtizən/Submit
noun

enough said...

Very good post man, very nice! :) You are an artist too!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1144 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:18:42 »

Considering I still don't have one I can't comment.  Maybe Binge will grace me with one one day.

I'm super excited to see all these other cap making artisans springing up though.  It's been a wasteland.  As much as I love Clack, maybe these new caps will finally start to mellow out the insanity in the market.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1145 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:19:33 »

Considering I still don't have one I can't comment.  Maybe Binge will grace me with one one day.

Ditto, the ones I like Ive never seen in the store. The all colored ones, light green, bright yellow. etc

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1146 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:20:14 »
Ditto, the ones I like Ive never seen in the store. The all colored ones, light green, bright yellow. etc

They prefer the term all African-American.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1147 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:25:40 »
Lasers Depleted!!! :0

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #1148 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:26:04 »
Depleted.

Congrats to those that won :)

Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1149 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:27:17 »
wtf there was a 4grabs? I just got home....