Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8644087 times)

Offline calvinhousecat

Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #15900 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 13:05:17 »
I have received a reply from Clack on my Paypal dispute. I'll avoid sharing the personal details he included in the reply (that is up to him to share with the community), but acknowledged my change of address request, and said he would be hiring someone to ship all of the remaining orders for him (his health remains extremely poor). His goal is to have all previous orders fulfilled by early July.

I am going to see if I can pass along a message on his behalf (he has limited access to the internet/GH currently), but regardless I'll be withdrawing my dispute tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the update.

Clack if you're lurking right now, I wish you a speedy recovery

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #15901 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 13:09:00 »
I have received a reply from Clack on my Paypal dispute. I'll avoid sharing the personal details he included in the reply (that is up to him to share with the community), but acknowledged my change of address request, and said he would be hiring someone to ship all of the remaining orders for him (his health remains extremely poor). His goal is to have all previous orders fulfilled by early July.

I am going to see if I can pass along a message on his behalf (he has limited access to the internet/GH currently), but regardless I'll be withdrawing my dispute tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the update.

Clack if you're lurking right now, I wish you a speedy recovery

+1

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #15902 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 13:12:44 »

Thanks for passing this on btctopre! I figured it was his health that was holding him back.

Clack, I wish you the best. I hope your health situation improves and you can get back to your normal life quickly and easily.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #15903 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 13:15:11 »

Damn, that sucks. Not the time frame, but the health issues.  It's nice to have an update, though it's sad to have a negative one about his health.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and a nice long break to recover.  Caps and all that other jazz comes second to health.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #15904 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 13:16:58 »

Damn, that sucks. Not the time frame, but the health issues.  It's nice to have an update, though it's sad to have a negative one about his health.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and a nice long break to recover.  Caps and all that other jazz comes second to health.

+1  Great to hear he's alive, but these health issues are concerning.  :(  Hang in there, Clackman, we're rooting for you.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #15905 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 13:24:18 »
Keeping the clackman in my thoughts! I'm so sad to hear his health is in decline :(
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #15906 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 13:47:02 »
Very sorry to hear that. I hope you get better soon clack.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #15907 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 13:50:32 »

Did he mention anything regarding other address changes? If not does that mean we should all take this route to ensure delivery?

Clack if you're lurking, I hope you get better, and stay healthy.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #15908 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 13:53:25 »
Get well soon Clackman. Let us know if there's anything we can do.

I do understand how chronic health problems can affect your life and it's frustrating when it causes you to be less productive than you'd like.

GH: what can we do to help him or cheer him up?

---posted while in bed with a migraine
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline btctopre

« Reply #15909 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 13:57:09 »
Did he mention anything regarding other address changes? If not does that mean we should all take this route to ensure delivery?
I went ahead and posted another reply on the dispute asking for clarification on this.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #15910 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 13:58:09 »
I went ahead and posted another reply on the dispute asking for clarification on this.
Thanks a lot. I know there were a few people who had mentioned this, not just me. So any info would be extremely helpful.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #15911 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 13:59:16 »
Damn that sucks about Clack's health. Hope you get well soon.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #15912 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 14:04:07 »
Get well soon Clackman. Let us know if there's anything we can do.

I do understand how chronic health problems can affect your life and it's frustrating when it causes you to be less productive than you'd like.

GH: what can we do to help him or cheer him up?

---posted while in bed with a migraine

Local candies, e cards, stuff to read/watch if he is capable of those things.

I would enjoy those things. I mean all I would want is something to keep my mind off the pain/problem.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #15913 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 14:16:09 »
Some of us spent OBSCENE amounts of time trying to get spots in Clackvent CC

I wish I had stopped when it was only "obscene"   :))

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #15914 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 14:17:38 »
Well at least he's around.

Get well soon CC.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #15915 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 14:45:52 »
Hooray signs of life, albeit feint ones.  If he's in bad health there's one thing he can definitely enjoy at any angle with very little effort and that is music.  Does anyone know what he likes? 

As when it was suggested during the clackvent I'm up for chipping in if someone ConUS is willing to buy/send something on.

Get well CC, the caps can wait :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #15916 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:37:58 »
get well CC!

looks like the keys are already made huh? Just the packing that needed to be done. I'd think making keys are the hardest part. Imagine if the helper packed a Tri for us. Ha ha.. One can only hope :P :P

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #15917 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 19:08:24 »
get well CC!

looks like the keys are already made huh? Just the packing that needed to be done. I'd think making keys are the hardest part. Imagine if the helper packed a Tri for us. Ha ha.. One can only hope :P :P

I'd lose my **** if he did that!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #15918 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 19:51:31 »
Anyone got more Clackvent tickets they're looking to offload now?  :))
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #15919 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 20:23:00 »
Glad to hear he's not been kidnapped or anything nefarious, all the best CC.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15920 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 05:39:56 »

+1

And I sincerely hope it is not the stress of the Radnelac that caused this!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nukec

• that rug really tied the room together
« Reply #15921 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 11:29:47 »
So are you saying I am getting my first clack in life soon?

Also get well clack!
HHKB Pro2, Poker2 Blue, KBPV60 Brown, DuckyShine3 Brown

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #15922 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 14:27:32 »

Yup, should be here within a month :)

This is based on Belfong's being fully declared on the customs form which means they will be delayed longer for no apparent reason in customs, then they will have to spend a night in the sorting office before we can pay the ransom for their release...  Hopefully Clack's new assistant is friendly and undervalues them!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #15923 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 14:34:32 »
Awesome. I was just gonna tell you all that Brian hadn't heard from him.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #15924 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 15:36:39 »

This is based on Belfong's being fully declared on the customs form which means they will be delayed longer for no apparent reason in customs, then they will have to spend a night in the sorting office before we can pay the ransom for their release...  Hopefully Clack's new assistant is friendly and undervalues them!
I should get a job in the customs office in the coming weeks  :rolleyes:

And confiscate these "Narcotics" :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #15925 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 18:04:32 »

mine wasn't stuck in custom. The package went to Australia for a few days before they realize it is meant for Malaysia :D

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #15926 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 18:34:44 »

mine wasn't stuck in custom. The package went to Australia for a few days before they realize it is meant for Malaysia :D

Be happy you live in Malaysia - here anything over £15 (about $22) we have to pay import tax on, and whenever that happens it takes ages for someone to print a sticker that says how much.  $50 / 1.5 * 0.1 then add on the fixed handling fee - done.  If this were my day job I'd have a spreadsheet set up and it would literally take five seconds!  Fair enough they have thousands to do, but there's been no bad weather, volcanoes or crazy post times (like Christmas) for ages so there shouldn't be a backlog...

I should get a job in the customs office in the coming weeks  :rolleyes:

And confiscate these "Narcotics" :p
:'(

I guess you'd be doing us a favour though, if we were put off Clacks it could save us hundreds if not thousands and deter us from spending months staying up really late just hoping for a chance of getting one!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tbc

« Reply #15927 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 19:18:22 »
derrrr

can someone tell the clackman to confirm address changes please?  i'm one of those that will be serious bjorked if the address change doesn't go through.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #15928 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 21:02:30 »
Just got myself all caught up with this thread.

Get well Clackman! **** caps and focus on real life stuff first.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #15929 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 05:15:00 »
Get better soon Clack, we're all wishing you the best!

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline IonutZ

• Stay awhile and listen
    • SC
« Reply #15930 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 20:48:24 »
Get well soon man!

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #15931 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 11:34:37 »
That's terrible news about CC's health :( I thought it had to be that. Hope you get well soon!

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
« Reply #15932 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 11:48:31 »
Get better clickclack!

GH is here for you!
Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #15933 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 16:13:21 »
FYI, today I received a response to my change of address request I sent to Clack's email.  Looks like things might be picking up steam here soon.  :)

Wishing you the best, Clackman!

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #15934 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 16:29:02 »
FYI, today I received a response to my change of address request I sent to Clack's email.  Looks like things might be picking up steam here soon.  :)

I had also gotten word back from him.  Hope he is getting better!

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #15935 on: Fri, 26 June 2015, 01:23:55 »
Clack forever with us.
Take care and share a love.

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #15936 on: Fri, 26 June 2015, 01:57:29 »

Weeeeeeee - the wait will over soon enough!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #15937 on: Fri, 26 June 2015, 02:46:43 »
I have absolutely no experience with clack or his caps but on reputation and his contributions to this community alone its really sad to hear he is sick. I really wish him a speedy recovery thanks for all you have done and get better soon CC!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline R1N3

« Reply #15938 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 14:16:38 »
I need therapy fam

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #15939 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 14:17:44 »
I need therapy fam

+1 I neeeeeeeed some clacks!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #15940 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 14:30:00 »
yay
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #15941 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 14:31:20 »
So anybody get any clackvent caps while the forum was down?

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #15942 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 14:33:01 »
So anybody get any clackvent caps while the forum was down?
Not yet! Still staying optimistic  :D
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #15943 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 15:13:35 »
Still waiting for mine...
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #15944 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 15:14:43 »
waiting...

yay
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #15945 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 15:18:14 »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #15946 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 15:19:05 »
He did say end of July, heres to hoping for end of July!

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #15947 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 10:51:24 »

:thumb:
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #15948 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 07:58:07 »

:thumb:

I thought I'd read "early" but didn't think to question when someone said "late" - there will be plenty of pics from all you ConUS people at least a week in advance of mine arriving so plenty of time for the anticipation to build.

Hopefully the e-mail replies are a good sign and he's feeling better :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline nukec

• that rug really tied the room together
« Reply #15949 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 18:07:23 »
So like you know.. 4 months now. Anything new? Paid quite a lot money for this  ;D
HHKB Pro2, Poker2 Blue, KBPV60 Brown, DuckyShine3 Brown