Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8670410 times)

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #1600 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 11:41:20 »
I need a plastic injection

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1601 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 12:02:09 »
Is ther anyone willing to sell clack at retail price to me?
I swear I will make it as my whole life collection or I will just sell it at the price I buy  :(

There will hopefully be some sales in the reasonably near future  :thumb:

Offline spuriousgeorge

« Reply #1602 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 12:17:21 »
I'm new to mechanical keyboards and new to clacks.

My question is, with clacks, is it that they're noticeably better to type on? Or just that they're fun to collect like sports cards or comic books?

Offline kektr0city

« Reply #1603 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 12:24:11 »

My question is, with clacks, is it that they're noticeably better to type on? Or just that they're fun to collect like sports cards or comic books?

turn back now, save yourself!  can you not see the 50+ pages of misery in front of your eyes!

Offline spuriousgeorge

« Reply #1604 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 12:29:33 »
Thanks,  kektr0city. I'm sure those are sage words. I just see them advertised in the classifieds all the time, and I don't know, a hundred dollars for one key? Who has that kind of money?

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #1605 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 12:29:53 »

normally you don't really type on them. It's more fun to collect and to have a nice color accent on your board and something individual. Most people only use them as esc key or in f-row somewhere. There are also gamer kits with wasd and arrows, but that's more an exception.

Offline spuriousgeorge

« Reply #1606 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 12:43:04 »
Ah, okay.

So for most people we're talking a handful of clacks per board and not a whole board's worth.

Do they even make clacks for the bigger keys (a clack spacebar, for instance, would be pretty crazy)?

Offline kektr0city

« Reply #1607 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 13:46:57 »
Thanks,  kektr0city. I'm sure those are sage words. I just see them advertised in the classifieds all the time, and I don't know, a hundred dollars for one key? Who has that kind of money?

Hehe only jokin with ya man.  Everything Snoopy said is pretty much spot on.

Ah, okay.

So for most people we're talking a handful of clacks per board and not a whole board's worth.

Do they even make clacks for the bigger keys (a clack spacebar, for instance, would be pretty crazy)?

Really only a select few people have multiple clacks / a handful of clacks.  They're pretty rare as far as custom keycaps go.  A CC produced spacebar or mod set would be amazing, but I'm not sure if CC has ever thought about making that a reality.

Offline spuriousgeorge

« Reply #1608 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 14:39:46 »
Yeah, it's staggering to think about how expensive a clack mod set or spacebar would be, but I'm sure people would be all over them.

I do think clacks are a fun idea.

Do they only make them for cherry switches?

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #1609 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 14:42:47 »
Yeah, it's staggering to think about how expensive a clack mod set or spacebar would be, but I'm sure people would be all over them.

I do think clacks are a fun idea.

Do they only make them for cherry switches?

check this thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39794.0

enjoy the read :)

Offline spuriousgeorge

« Reply #1610 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 15:17:11 »
Thanks for the link, snoopy! After looking over that thread I feel like I'm not even close to hardcore enough for geekhack.  :D :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1611 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 21:48:21 »
Ah, okay.

I had a dream once that someone sent me  a Candycorn space bar.

It was really, really nice.

A shame it was a dream.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1612 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 21:50:21 »

you can get them for $20  :))

Offline spuriousgeorge

« Reply #1613 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 23:09:09 »
Yeah, you're right, I guess it's just rare ones that are super steep in price.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1614 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 00:39:27 »

Where?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1615 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 00:50:40 »

Ya if you insanely lucky!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1616 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 00:56:18 »

I'd like one for $20 please.

Actually I'd like 5 for $20 (each) please :)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1617 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:14:52 »
Ah, okay.

A shame it was a dream.

I remember that dream, it made me happy. :-)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1618 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:21:19 »
Ah, okay.

A shame it was a dream.

I remember that dream, it made me happy. :-)

It made me quite worried - I was seriously panicking about how to package the space bar properly so the next person to receive it would get an undamaged item.  Most of my dreams are not as intense as that!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1619 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:44:35 »

Haha you and the rest of GH. I'm actually getting super close to breaking my "no clacks above retail price" rule just because it seems like it will never happen otherwise. Hate that the profits are going to someone other than CC but that's the way the cookie crumbles I suppose.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1620 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:48:57 »

Haha you and the rest of GH. I'm actually getting super close to breaking my "no clacks above retail price" rule just because it seems like it will never happen otherwise. Hate that the profits are going to someone other than CC but that's the way the cookie crumbles I suppose.

I'm in the same boat man, been so tempted to buy my first CC lately but I think I will wait for another sale or two see if my luck improves.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1621 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:54:04 »

I need all dem candiesssssssssssssss...

Seriously though, I love Candy Corn Clacks..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1622 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:54:14 »

I've managed to get 2 at retail, 1 for free, and 1 for about $70 (shipped, IIRC).

1 Toast, 1 Skull, 1 Oktoberfest and 1 Ogre (not in the same order).

I consider myself quite lucky, but I would like a few more Skulls :)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1623 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 02:06:58 »
That is pretty lucky but you have been here a while Rowdy so I would expect you to have few  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1624 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 02:23:59 »
That is pretty lucky but you have been here a while Rowdy so I would expect you to have few  :D

Not that long!  I'm still a noob compared to many elders around here.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1625 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:47:03 »

That may be so but you are definitely one of GHs more active members! About to hit that 10k mark congrats  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1626 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:54:16 »

That may be so but you are definitely one of GHs more active members! About to hit that 10k mark congrats  :thumb:

I wouldn't be so sure ...

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1627 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:57:27 »

I wouldn't be so sure ...

Noob=/ time spent here when you post on every topic!

Also, I shall withhold my grats on such a topic.

Offline wrwhoami

« Reply #1628 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 04:54:29 »
I like the clack therapy sessions too :))

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangnamember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1629 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 11:34:59 »
Anyone ever notice the little entry tab next to the rocketship on the fxesc website? Today I spent an hour clicking around to see if their were any Easter eggs...
sell ass and eat out

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1630 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 11:45:05 »
Anyone ever notice the little entry tab next to the rocketship on the fxesc website? Today I spent an hour clicking around to see if their were any Easter eggs...

Never noticed that. Very cool. I just looked at the Source code. Sorry man, all thats on the website is background color and the main image. :/

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangnamember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1631 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 11:46:24 »

Never noticed that. Very cool. I just looked at the Source code. Sorry man, all thats on the website is background color and the main image. :/

Rats! I knew there had to be an easier way...
I am not a smart man
sell ass and eat out

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1632 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 11:47:13 »

Rats! I new their had to be an easier way...
I am not a smart man

Its all good man, you had fun Im sure! :) Id love to find an Easter Egg hehe

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1633 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 08:34:46 »
Had to sell off 3/5 of my small collection in the last couple days :(. A sad time...

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1634 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 12:38:32 »
Had to sell off 3/5 of my small collection in the last couple days :(. A sad time...

I hear ya bro.. I had to sell most of mine too. :(

No one will tell me who has the candy corn fn even though there is a photo of it. I think I will go cry now.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1635 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 12:52:53 »

No one will tell me who has the candy corn fn even though there is a photo of it. I think I will go cry now.
What is your full collection comprised of?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1636 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 12:57:56 »

What is your full collection comprised of?

Bro bots now :0 woops shouldn't of said that in here.

Offline Comment

« Reply #1637 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 13:49:34 »
Show Image

Show Image

Wait... dustin likes halloween and candy corn? I'm sooo surprised  :p
Check out my WTB/WTS/WTTF Thread!

HHKB Pro 2                 Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1638 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 14:01:20 »
Show Image

Show Image

Wait... dustin likes halloween and candy corn? I'm sooo surprised  :p

;D You know me so well!   :cool:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1639 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 21:42:23 »

This place needs more Clack sales!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1640 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 21:45:09 »
Something special marked as delivered today…

… but wasn't

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1641 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 01:43:36 »
Show Image

This place needs more Clack sales!

^^Definitely this. I need at least a chance at a clack  :'(

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1642 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 04:28:46 »
I might be persuaded to let my remaining clacks go.

I'm done with the clack game for 'personal' reasons.

All the best to clickclack as he has a true gift and these are masterpieces.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangnamember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1643 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 05:36:59 »

I feel bad for Rays inbox right now
sell ass and eat out

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1644 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 05:37:36 »

Do you have a F2 blue or red MX you don't want?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1645 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 06:45:22 »
How about we not spam ray until he actually decides?

jkjk gimme ur clackz ray

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1646 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 06:52:55 »

I feel bad for Rays inbox right now

Haha nobody ever wants what I got, I got no PM's.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #1647 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 14:14:52 »

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1648 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 14:49:58 »
Where sale crickcrack paddywhack much need therapy can't grammar

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1649 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 22:27:07 »

You could always let one go to me. As my birthday is on the 9th <3