Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4288672 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #2650 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 17:03:49 »
tv license fee enforcement in the UK.

Really? It's only 12 pounds a month and it's the only way the BBC gets funded. You don't have to buy it if you don't watch live/catchup terrestrial TV.
i know. what's bothering me is this:

If a colour TV licence is not purchased for an address, TV Licensing agents—known as "enquiry officers" or "enforcement officers"—make unannounced visits to the address. Visits are made even when the occupant has declared that no licence is necessary, or when a licence has been purchased for only black-and-white television.

I don't think I have ever heard of enforcement officers going to people's houses.

Would you have one or not? Because even if you have a colour TV, a lot of people still don't get a license.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline iri

« Reply #2651 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 17:08:34 »
no, i hate tv with passion.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2652 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 17:10:24 »
I have a full HDTV and can't get a signal at all and have no digital areal so i can't actually watch TV... so I don't have a licence

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #2653 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 17:24:09 »
Yah, we get people coming to our house asking to check but I just refuse to let them in as they have no rights to come in. They've threatened my other half before by saying "We'll get a bigger guy round next time" when she said no to letting them in.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2654 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 17:30:23 »
never had anyone come round, though me and my flat mate work pretty much all day every day inc weekends so... good luck anyone answering the door if they did lol

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #2655 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 22:15:22 »
The tree above my driveway where I park my car apparently is the new home to all the birds in the neighborhood. My car is white and it is about a thrid black from all the bird doo doo.

I went to a car wash and clean it up mostly, then the next day the same **** again! ;/

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2656 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 22:55:59 »
The tree above my driveway where I park my car apparently is the new home to all the birds in the neighborhood. My car is white and it is about a thrid black from all the bird doo doo.

I went to a car wash and clean it up mostly, then the next day the same **** again! ;/

Surely it would be different **** the second day, because you washed the first lot off?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #2657 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 00:41:10 »

Really? It's only 12 pounds a month and it's the only way the BBC gets funded. You don't have to buy it if you don't watch live/catchup terrestrial TV.

If a colour TV licence is not purchased for an address, TV Licensing agents—known as "enquiry officers" or "enforcement officers"—make unannounced visits to the address. Visits are made even when the occupant has declared that no licence is necessary, or when a licence has been purchased for only black-and-white television.

I don't think I have ever heard of enforcement officers going to people's houses.

Would you have one or not? Because even if you have a colour TV, a lot of people still don't get a license.

Wait... you need a licence for TV in the motherland?  wow.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #2658 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 00:43:48 »

Surely it would be different **** the second day, because you washed the first lot off?

LOL! Not literally but it was all over my car again. And don't call me Shirley.  :p

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #2659 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 02:34:13 »
Monday morning...
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2660 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 07:07:54 »

Wait... you need a licence for TV in the motherland?  wow.

It's the only way our state media gets any money.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2661 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 09:14:45 »
Chechen scapegoats.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2662 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 10:03:17 »
Chechen scapegoats.

It's obvious that this was going to happen. Quickest murder investigation and arrest of the century.

Watch them get executed as well.

Offline iri

« Reply #2663 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 10:44:21 »
are you talking about Nemtsov's murder?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2664 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 10:46:27 »

Murder pshhhhtt it was natural causes. He was naturally shot to death...

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2665 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 10:48:14 »

Yes, I assume you have some inside information?
I'm back.

Offline iri

« Reply #2666 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 10:56:54 »

sure, i know everything, but i won't tell!

it is a bit strange that you guys are concerned about murder of a meaningless russian politician.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2667 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 11:00:24 »

sure, i know everything, but i won't tell!

it is a bit strange that you guys are concerned about murder of a meaningless russian politician.

It's strange that people (in the outside world) care about the assassination of a guy leading an opposition party in a dictatorship, not long after this country invades another country?

Offline iri

« Reply #2668 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 11:03:30 »
oh, tell me more!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2669 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 11:18:22 »
I mean, I guess that's pretty much it lol

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2670 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 13:16:18 »

I mean, I guess that's pretty much it lol

Yeah, what he said. Yeah.
I'm back.

Offline iri

« Reply #2671 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 13:19:34 »
ah, if you say so.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2672 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 16:15:57 »
Going back to work Tuesday after a public holiday on Monday.

Feels like there are so many things left undone, even with an extra day to do them.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2673 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 17:55:36 »

Feels like there are so many things left undone, even with an extra day to do them.

No doubt you will be expected to do 5 days work in 4 days as well.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2674 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 19:38:46 »

No doubt you will be expected to do 5 days work in 4 days as well.

I usually do anyway!

Offline iri

« Reply #2675 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 19:59:26 »

is it because of march 8? please don't lynch me if i'm wrong, i'm just too lazy to look it up.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2676 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 20:00:53 »
Updated my iPhone and now for some reason it's outputting White noise just all the time... Wtf

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2677 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 20:04:17 »
The guy who I bought the dolch from forgot to wipe the hdd, and I wanted to play with it, so it doesn't even have an hdd, and I didn't think to ask for a discount or partial refund, oh well, I'm sure if I want to play with it I can find a replacement drive

Offline yomammary

« Reply #2678 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 20:45:20 »
Daughter went to the hospital today, she has fever and we're waiting for the results. Hopefuly it's nothing too bad, but it's still bothering me.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2679 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 21:29:32 »

P.Willis, gone. Justin Smith, gone. Frank Gore, (hopefully not) gone.

sad day in the niners organization.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2680 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 21:34:33 »
Daughter went to the hospital today, she has fever and we're waiting for the results. Hopefuly it's nothing too bad, but it's still bothering me.

Wow, hope it's nothing serious!
I'm back.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2681 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:25:18 »

is it because of march 8? please don't lynch me if i'm wrong, i'm just too lazy to look it up.

09-March is Labour Day in Victoria.

And something else in some other states.  And nothing in some other states.

Best wishes for nothing serious and a speedy recovery!

Kids tend to get all sorts of things when they are young, and often get over them as quickly.  Hopefully something simple!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2682 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:42:27 »
Lots of things today.

All the 9ers are leaving or retiring.
Depression has been a ****ing ***** lately.
Haven't had a drink in 2 years and I wonder why I bother some times.
My keyboards always take too ****ing long to get built.

**** it all.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2683 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:47:11 »
Lots of things today.

**** it all.

At least they are doing better than the Raiders. At least you will get a high draft pick next year!
My gf had a severe case of depression a couple of years ago. It does get better. I know it's like saying "get better" to a sick person, but there is always someone to help :thumb:
I've seen loads of people on Facebook saying: "oh, I'm 7 weeks sober, so happy to finally drink again! It's going to be wild!" and I wonder why they even bothered in the first place. Two years is a ****ing awesome achievement. I gave up smoking 5 months ago, and I do keep thinking of going back, but I haven't cracked yet. Two years is seriously amazing.
Which boards are you getting built? It's going to take me another 6 months to save for a GON, and probably another 6 to get it built! Good things come to those who wait :P

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2684 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:59:03 »
Lots of things today.

**** it all.

hang in there brother

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2685 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 00:06:40 »
Cheers guys, I'll bounce back eventually. 49ers front office is not making things any easier though!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #2686 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 21:38:15 »
Lots of things today.

**** it all.

Show Image

hang in there brother

People called it when they said that the team would be in shambles once Harbough left. The players really respected that guy.

I say we trade Kaep for Carr and start over lol.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2687 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 22:29:56 »
Gore is now a Colt :(:(:(

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2688 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 00:29:29 »
riperoni

At least the falcons picked up some solid defensive players, nothing flashy though.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2689 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 00:38:41 »
I think my keyboard has ping.
WHAT IS THIS.
WEGURUUUU

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2690 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 00:41:49 »

And Patrick Willis is officially retired. ****. He was my favourite player by far, not going to be the same without him.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2691 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 00:45:49 »

And Patrick Willis is officially retired. ****. He was my favourite player by far, not going to be the same without him.

lets be honest, the niners aren't going to give gore a ring anytime soon. he's 10 years in the league, his time is coming up. dude is a beast and he deserves a ring.

i just want him to comeback and retire wearing scarlet and gold.

and yeah, the willis thing really ****ing sucks. it's going to be a tough year this year, but **** it, we'll overcome it man.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2692 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 00:52:58 »

lets be honest, the niners aren't going to give gore a ring anytime soon. he's 10 years in the league, his time is coming up. dude is a beast and he deserves a ring.

i just want him to comeback and retire wearing scarlet and gold.

and yeah, the willis thing really ****ing sucks. it's going to be a tough year this year, but **** it, we'll overcome it man.

Yeah I'm going to miss Gore but I respect the decision to hit up Indy, probably his best chance to get a ring before his career is up.

At least Willis seems happy about his decision and got to retire a 9er.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2693 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 00:56:36 »
and he decides to come back, for whatever reason, niners still own his contract for 2 years.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2694 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 00:59:50 »
and he decides to come back, for whatever reason, niners still own his contract for 2 years.

I like that. I like that a lot.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2695 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 01:08:18 »

I like that. I like that a lot.

Shame you didn't mess up, I just saved this pic about a minute ago for a friend.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2696 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 01:24:17 »
GTA V multiplayer Heist Missions were supposed to be playable today. So where are they Rockstar? WHERE?!?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2697 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 01:25:30 »
GTA V multiplayer Heist Missions were supposed to be playable today. So where are they Rockstar? WHERE?!?

Coming with the PC version.  ;)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2698 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 01:31:09 »

Coming with the PC version.  ;)
soooo never
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline yomammary

« Reply #2699 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 07:52:21 »

Wow, hope it's nothing serious!
I think it's a bad flu.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800