Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 39349 times)

Prelim and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline natAT

Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #451 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 10:00:57 »
Big Trouble in little China. In which Kurt Russell (tongue firmly in cheek) plays a sidekick who believes he's the main hero.

Example: A scene where the heros ingest a "magic potion" of cryptically unclear composition and effect, before taking an elevator up to the final battle of the movie  ;D

Offline phinix

« Reply #452 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 19:42:00 »
Chernobyl

We are s0oooo  screwed..

Yep. I remember the day when it happened. I was 6, in nursery, my dad picked me up and took me straight to doctor, where had to drink iodine.
All were told that it is necessary, so we do not get cancer...
7500|1080Ti|2x 1TB SSD|Z270 ITX|16GB RAM|SFX 600W|Philips 40" 4K BDM4065UC
Realforce 55g Novatouched modded standard bottom row| GMMK TKL ISO Tealios v2|Logitech MX518 Legend|X52 PRO
SA: Carbon, Penumbra, Filco, Space Cadet, Amber Screen Cherry: OG white-beige, GMK Space Cadet XDA: Canvas, New Arrial

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::
star citizen :::  CMDR Phinix 325A LTI

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #453 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 19:46:59 »
Chernobyl

We are s0oooo  screwed..

Yep. I remember the day when it happened. I was 6, in nursery, my dad picked me up and took me straight to doctor, where had to drink iodine.

U r @ Scotland ?

Offline iri

« Reply #454 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 17:43:34 »
I know someone who grew up in the contamination zone. My best friend's wife.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #455 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 03:02:28 »
Chernobyl

We are s0oooo  screwed..

U r @ Scotland ?

I'm from Poland. But yeah, live in Scotland now.
Realforce 55g Novatouched modded standard bottom row| GMMK TKL ISO Tealios v2|Logitech MX518 Legend|X52 PRO
SA: Carbon, Penumbra, Filco, Space Cadet, Amber Screen Cherry: OG white-beige, GMK Space Cadet XDA: Canvas, New Arrial

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

« Reply #457 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 04:54:50 »
I'm from Poland. But yeah, live in Scotland now.

Ur thoughts on the Soviet Union ?

Haha, we would need to open new Thread for that:)
I really do not care about politics and the past. It is always hard to comment on something like that.
I was a kid during the time when Poland was in Communism, I didn't see anything wrong when was a kid, there were good and bad things I guess.
However, when you look at Charnobyl situation and how Russian government dealt with it, it is hard not to agree it was a disaster.

Have you heard about Kursk? There was also a movie about this accident. You would think that country would do everything for their citizens, but it's a whole different subject.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 July 2019, 04:56:56 by phinix »