Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4288253 times)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #8450 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 11:35:47 »
Highly opinionated commentary with no research done.
Want a hug bro, I'll let you have the first for free
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8451 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:33:58 »
At my workplace, once or twice a year, we have these offsite "Mandatory Funtivites", everyone is supposed to go. This time it is at a Dave and Busters about 30 minutes away from the office, which for me is an additional 30 minutes away from my house - I already have an hour long one way commute. I struggle in places with a lot of noise, I can find it extremely stressful. I like concerts and all that, but then it is doing something I want to do, with someone I want to do it with, and usually I am going by myself anyway. Here I'm supposed to socialize and deal with all the din of humanity and...whatever, it is just not fun for me.

So I said to my boss that I'm not going. It just isn't worth it. 5 hours of non-stop ruckus in a place I don't want to be just to satisfy some corporate need to make us all "have fun" is NOT fun. He is not happy with me. I don't care. There is just only so much I can take and this was just asking too much today. Now I'm sitting in the quite office because everyone is gone. The only sound is my keyboard as I'm typing, and I am sure I made the right choice, consequences be damned! I'd rather work until 5pm by myself than be someplace I don't want to be, pretending I want to be there.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #8452 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:36:24 »
At my workplace, once or twice a year, we have these offsite "Mandatory Funtivites", everyone is supposed to go. This time it is at a Dave and Busters about 30 minutes away from the office, which for me is an additional 30 minutes away from my house - I already have an hour long one way commute. I struggle in places with a lot of noise, I can find it extremely stressful. I like concerts and all that, but then it is doing something I want to do, with someone I want to do it with, and usually I am going by myself anyway. Here I'm supposed to socialize and deal with all the din of humanity and...whatever, it is just not fun for me.

So I said to my boss that I'm not going. It just isn't worth it. 5 hours of non-stop ruckus in a place I don't want to be just to satisfy some corporate need to make us all "have fun" is NOT fun. He is not happy with me. I don't care. There is just only so much I can take and this was just asking too much today. Now I'm sitting in the quite office because everyone is gone. The only sound is my keyboard as I'm typing, and I am sure I made the right choice, consequences be damned! I'd rather work until 5pm by myself than be someplace I don't want to be, pretending I want to be there.

Sounds like the right choice to me.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #8453 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:45:24 »
That guy with the really handsome avatar. He's just too ****ing handsome.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #8454 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:48:05 »
That guy with the really handsome avatar. He's just too ****ing handsome.

yeah ideus change your avatar back to house already

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • You make my words I'm gonna get my grade 10
« Reply #8455 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:00:30 »
I ran out of my Reese's Pumpkins  :(
The patch must be empty because the local Target has none left (W_-)

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #8456 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:14:19 »
pretty sure it's been said before, but people who post in GB threads saying "waiting for my notice about shipping" and "has this been shipped yet".

makes it a lot harder to find relevant information for the rest of us mortals who are waiting, but not cool enough to let everyone know that they are waiting for their notice.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8457 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:16:27 »

pretty sure it's been said before, but people who post in GB threads saying "waiting for my notice about shipping" and "has this been shipped yet".

makes it a lot harder to find relevant information for the rest of us mortals who are waiting, but not cool enough to let everyone know that they are waiting for their notice.
Normally the GB owner will post update in the OP, first post, so it doesn't matter how many people whines about shipping notification. I think this is a good practice and seemed to be pretty unique to GH, well, not that I go to that many forums.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8458 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:32:04 »
Took new migraine meds today, felt my blood pressure drop, and I started to pass out. Heart started racing, then stopped for I'm guessing 8-10 seconds.

Yeah, I'm calling my doc in the morning.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8459 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:39:09 »
Why is it that UK has just that it's clock but not US?

Offline Bomble

« Reply #8460 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:40:58 »
Took new migraine meds today, felt my blood pressure drop, and I started to pass out. Heart started racing, then stopped for I'm guessing 8-10 seconds.

Jesus, hope you can get sorted out whatever is wrong VERY soon.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8461 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:42:58 »

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

But seriously, ours go back on November 1st.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8462 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:43:19 »

That sounds very serious! Here's hoping for the best for you.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8463 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:47:16 »

Wow! That's pretty messed up. Migraines are the worst. I'd rather have my nuts stomped then ever experience one of those again. I hope you can get it worked out very soon.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8464 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:48:43 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:08:16 by alienman82 »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8465 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:51:06 »

That sounds very serious! Here's hoping for the best for you.

Jesus, hope you can get sorted out whatever is wrong VERY soon.

Wow! That's pretty messed up. Migraines are the worst. I'd rather have my nuts stomped then ever experience one of those again. I hope you can get it worked out very soon.

Thx guys.  He said to watch out for it because it can cause serious heart issues in about 1% of patients.  Welcome to the 1%?  Lol. 
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8466 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:52:15 »

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

My sister in UK. She told me yesterday that her clock adjusted. I assumed everyone in Northern Hemisphere would do the same. Then I notice US have not. Why do I care? Well, sales! All these time zones are confusing me come sales time, LOL!

Offline E3E

« Reply #8467 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:59:49 »

****, HPS, hope you're okay, man!

I can be a bit of a hypochondriac sometimes, though it's toned down lately, but whenever I'd tell my mom that I'm wary of some medications because of some terrible side effects, she'd just tell me that it's only some people that experience those.

I'm like, "yeah, but those 'some' could be you or me."

:-X

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8468 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:35:49 »

Oh my god!  I'm glad you're okay, but wow...!  :eek:  I hope everything is alright, I need my wingman!  xD

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8469 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 04:18:58 »

My sister in UK. She told me yesterday that her clock adjusted. I assumed everyone in Northern Hemisphere would do the same. Then I notice US have not. Why do I care? Well, sales! All these time zones are confusing me come sales time, LOL!

We invented time, we can do with it as we please  :cool:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8470 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 04:51:26 »
Ongoing Apple saga

Is it an old mac? Just use FreeBSD, all your problems will be over.

FreeBSD went downhill when they switched to LLVM.  Has it improved since?

Highly opinionated commentary with no research done.

Have a hug, Bro :)

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jd29

« Reply #8471 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 05:16:58 »
Got a C on my test. Will now proceed to drop the classes that threaten my scholarship, giving me a grand total of 2 credit hours this quarter. After reading more about symptoms of Accutane, I'm convinced it's messed me up mentally a little bit. I've never had this much trouble retaining/focusing on material. Hopefully that goes away as soon as I get off the drug like a month from now, or I'll be pretty well ****ed

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #8472 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 14:21:14 »
I left my thumb drive with my current priority project on it at home today.  Now what am I supposed to use to motivate me to work on other projects by way of avoiding the main one?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8473 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 14:25:49 »
It bothers me no one got my MGS2 post. I literally copy and pasted it into a thread, only changing the grammar to better fit.

Shame on you all.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #8474 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 14:48:17 »
you know when you are sleep deprived and you get that one eye that keeps twitching? yeah, it's annoying af right now...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8475 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:39:58 »
you know when you are sleep deprived and you get that one eye that keeps twitching? yeah, it's annoying af right now...

I've had that all week.  I think it's mainly stress for me though.  6 hours a night should be plenty.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #8476 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:49:29 »

I started using this stuff. It's amazing. Take it an hour before bed. I used to suffer from sleeplessness a lot.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JCO3ALG

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #8477 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:55:28 »
There's this one girl from my hometown that made a website about how great she thinks she is. She's not even that impressive, but it's the single most narcissistic thing I have ever seen in my whole life. Here's a link in case you want to check it out yourself:
http://www.tori13.com/
It's just really bothering me how someone can be this self absorbed.

Offline jpvs

• What we type in life echoes in eternity
« Reply #8478 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:15:04 »
what bother me is that massdrop doesn't ship to mexico anymore They were one of the few options i have for mkbs related stuff.

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • You make my words I'm gonna get my grade 10
« Reply #8479 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:21:30 »
There's this one girl from my hometown that made a website about how great she thinks she is. She's not even that impressive, but it's the single most narcissistic thing I have ever seen in my whole life. Here's a link in case you want to check it out yourself:

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #8480 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:27:45 »
Pretty much exactly

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #8481 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:31:01 »

I'll just pass this along to some friends

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8482 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:34:09 »
Isn't that billnye's sister?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8483 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:40:45 »

I started using this stuff. It's amazing. Take it an hour before bed. I used to suffer from sleeplessness a lot.

I always hear good things about Melatonin as a sleep aid.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #8484 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:44:48 »

I always hear good things about Melatonin as a sleep aid.

melatonin knocks me out about 20m after i've taken it. i actually knocked out last night while folding clothes on my bed with the lights still on. stuff's strong

only downside is it gave me trippy nightmares a couple times, but that was when i was super stressed
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #8485 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:49:08 »

How does this affect you in any way?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #8486 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 18:31:40 »
Honestly the URL is what bothers me the most.
Also if she has any sort of analytics, she's about to see a weird influx of traffic from some website she's never heard of.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 October 2015, 18:34:41 by trenzafeeds »
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #8487 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 18:33:56 »
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #8488 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 18:51:11 »
Client is a rude pain in the ass and we're stuck with them on this project through to February

Can't wait to fly home on Friday

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8489 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 18:53:38 »
Client is a rude pain in the ass and we're stuck with them on this project through to February

You learn to deal.  I work with mentally ill people, so I have to deal with that several times a week.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #8490 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 18:55:35 »

You learn to deal.  I work with mentally ill people, so I have to deal with that several times a week.

Yeah I know.... these guys though are beyond bad - all they do is just act really shi##ty and have a habit of talking behind everyone's backs

no one is upfront about anything

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #8491 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:06:12 »

By being on the internet, she gives people from my area, as well as my school, a bad name.
Also, her "achievements" aren't really that impressive.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:08:44 by mr.squishy »

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #8492 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:15:07 »

By being on the internet, she gives people from my area, as well as my school, a bad name.

Having a personal website isn't narcissistic.
EVEN ONE THAT HEAVILY PROMOTES YOURSELF.
Get over yourself and grow up.

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #8493 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 20:50:49 »

Having a personal website isn't narcissistic.
EVEN ONE THAT HEAVILY PROMOTES YOURSELF.
Get over yourself and grow up.
I'm pretty sure in a literal sense it falls under narcissism but whatever.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #8494 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 20:53:29 »
My group project. This annoying kid in the group wants me to keep all the points he gave me in the PowerPoint because he is scared he won't remember them. There aren't even alot. Like seriously rehearse it once and you got it

« Reply #8495 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 20:56:48 »
My group project. This annoying kid in the group wants me to keep all the points he gave me in the PowerPoint because he is scared he won't remember them. There aren't even alot. Like seriously rehearse it once and you got it
i feel you.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #8496 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 20:59:10 »
i feel you.
Ugh and I still have another 2 projects with this group left

« Reply #8497 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 21:01:17 »
i feel you.
dude i hate getting teamed up with ****ty partners, i'm too awkward to pick people fast enough so im forced by teachers to hang with the slow kids or the basic *****es.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8498 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 21:05:39 »
You know those things that suck? Yeah, that's bothering me.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #8499 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 21:05:56 »
i feel you.
dude i hate getting teamed up with ****ty partners, i'm too awkward to pick people fast enough so im forced by teachers to hang with the slow kids or the basic *****es.
You just reminded me that I'm always having to pair up with this neckbeard kid in my lit class because he sits right next to me. Doesn't help that he doesn't read the required text for discussion and just spends all his class time on irc