Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4287904 times)

Offline iri

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #8650 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:43:36 »
One thing I found funny when I went to Iceland, because they have such few cars, they have so few personalised plates.
You mean so many personalized plates?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8651 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:45:39 »
One thing I found funny when I went to Iceland, because they have such few cars, they have so few personalised plates.
You mean so many personalized plates?

Well I guess in proportion to the amount of cars there, they have a lot, but in the UK you wouldn't see such plates because they are already taken by people who then hide them away or something. They probably only have like, 200,000 cars in their whole country.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline iri

« Reply #8652 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:47:15 »
Well, to be fair, they have like 300,000 people in their whole country...
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #8653 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:50:23 »
Ouch, such a long wait for vanity. I'd be 35 in 2025.  :-X

I know, same.
My life was so great when I was 25 :'(

-Ray Bradbury

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8654 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 16:00:33 »
Ouch, such a long wait for vanity. I'd be 35 in 2025.  :-X

I know, same.
My life was so great when I was 25 :'(

I was married, got my master's, and was expecting my first child. Haven't done much since.

Well, I do get to spend time with my kid.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8655 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 16:49:44 »
Was about to walk out the door at work and the boss tells me to stick around to help make some changes to some things......was gonna take the kids trick or treating.  :-\ :-X

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8656 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 16:51:04 »

Was about to walk out the door at work and the boss tells me to stick around to help make some changes to some things......was gonna take the kids trick or treating.  :-\ :-X

Well I guess it's good to be needed.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #8657 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 16:53:53 »

You guys trick or treat a day early?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #8658 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 17:07:32 »
People that cannot show up on time.  Rather, people that know they are up against a timeline, yet piddle**** around until the last possible minute, thus pushing everyone else's plans to the last minute and making them late.

Self centered pieces of **** is what they are.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8659 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 17:08:21 »

You guys trick or treat a day early?

Towns by me usually do "sanctioned trick or treating" friday night regardless of what day halloween is.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8660 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 17:27:15 »
Just found out that my dad's friend who I always looked up to died today.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8661 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 17:31:33 »
People that cannot show up on time.  Rather, people that know they are up against a timeline, yet piddle**** around until the last possible minute, thus pushing everyone else's plans to the last minute and making them late.

This, this right here drives me up the wall also. Especially when you have seen their preparation modus operandi in action. The fact that you know they checked the time 30 minutes age and said to themselves "it is all good I still have 25 minutes until I have to leave". 25 minutes later they check the time and go "**** I forgot to shower and put clothes on".

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8662 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 17:51:16 »

This, this right here drives me up the wall also. Especially when you have seen their preparation modus operandi in action. The fact that you know they checked the time 30 minutes age and said to themselves "it is all good I still have 25 minutes until I have to leave". 25 minutes later they check the time and go "**** I forgot to shower and put clothes on".

The worst people are those who you actually work around them being late. Like, you plan to meet somewhere at a time, but then you say: "There's no point getting there until an hour later because X person won't be there until later anyway."

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8663 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 18:01:54 »
More

The worst people are those who you actually work around them being late. Like, you plan to meet somewhere at a time, but then you say: "There's no point getting there until an hour later because X person won't be there until later anyway."

Those are the people I always say to be there 30-60 minutes before they're supposed to be there.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8664 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 19:37:28 »
This guy who has managed to post 70 completely inane comments today alone to get his post count up to join in on a bro sale.

Every single keycaps thread from three months ago has been revived with a ****ing pointless comment.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8665 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 19:39:19 »
This guy who has managed to post 70 completely inane comments today alone to get his post count up to join in on a bro sale.

Every single keycaps thread from three months ago has been revived with a ****ing pointless comment.

It's killing me, he's still currently doing it.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8666 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 19:40:32 »

i'm sure he's already made the **** list  :))

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8667 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 19:41:07 »

80 posts in... an hour.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8668 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 19:47:08 »
Mods plz

Edit: <3
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 October 2015, 19:51:39 by katushkin »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8669 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 19:51:45 »
Mods plz

Maybe Bro should just congratulate them on the ban from sales.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8670 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:04:02 »
Mods plz

Maybe Bro should just congratulate them on the ban from sales.
+10 Glad we all know what it was for anyway
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #8671 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:11:45 »
Had to sit through a bunch of presentations in class today while having a migraine. I don't know why I showed up.

Also my sister is making me buy her a microwave because one time I cooked something too large in it and I guess I covered some part of it resulting in it throwing sparks. That was 6 months ago and there wasn't a problem since until this morning but they are pinning it on me. Not too bothered about its as I know I'd make them pay for something that they broke.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #8672 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:15:20 »
Maybe this is an elaborate Halloween prank by Bro. He found a way to unleash an army of noobs upon us by requiring them to have a certain post count. It's perfect because they don't know the post count rules so not even Off Topic is safe.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline dutC4

« Reply #8673 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:16:14 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 15:09:16 by dutC4 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8674 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:16:56 »

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #8675 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:18:53 »
But it's not just that guy. I normally have about 4 unread pages to look through. Lately I have like 8+ because of all the noob necro-spamming.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8676 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:19:35 »
But it's not just that guy. I normally have about 4 unread pages to look through. Lately I have like 8+ because of all the noob necro-spamming.

He necroed all of them.

Offline dutC4

« Reply #8677 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:21:14 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 15:09:09 by dutC4 »

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #8678 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:25:37 »

He necroed all of them.
That's actually impressive.

My boards:
More

Offline E3E

« Reply #8679 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:32:01 »
Lol, wow. He got so close but got smacked down at 95 posts. Not that it would have mattered anyway, since I don't think Bro would have let him be eligible anyway. I have to admit, I've been guilty of spamming a little on PC forums so I could download modded bios versions and such, but the post count was much lower and I always tried to have something of substance to say, and I sure as hell didn't necro threads.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8680 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:39:40 »
Quantifying and qualifying credibility is pretty nebulous.

Time since registration and number of posts are both pretty arbitrary.

Even ebay is easy to game - buy a bunch of cheap trinkets from China and gain "real" credibility of dozens of positive feedback points in a matter of hours for under $100.

But what else is there? Geekhack had a feedback-type rating system before r00tw0rm, as I remember, but it never came back.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #8681 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:43:51 »
Just before arriving into Bangkok airport this morning after 12 hours of travel, a flight attendant spills a whole cup of orange juice all over me (the pulpy variety as well). My only set of clothes during my 10 hour stopover here before my 9 hour flight to Sydney. Thanks.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8682 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:57:00 »

Just before arriving into Bangkok airport this morning after 12 hours of travel, a flight attendant spills a whole cup of orange juice all over me (the pulpy variety as well). My only set of clothes during my 10 hour stopover here before my 9 hour flight to Sydney. Thanks.

I usually fly direct to Oz from Dallas, where were you coming from?

On the plus side, BKK is a super nice airport.
I'm back.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #8683 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 21:10:11 »

I usually fly direct to Oz from Dallas, where were you coming from?

On the plus side, BKK is a super nice airport.

Came in from Milan via Abu Dhabi (both are about 6 hour flights)

Yeah BKK is nice - I checked myself into the airport Novotel for just the day and it's way nicer than any other Novotel i've ever stayed at

Offline E3E

« Reply #8684 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 21:13:33 »
Quantifying and qualifying credibility is pretty nebulous.

Time since registration and number of posts are both pretty arbitrary.

Even ebay is easy to game - buy a bunch of cheap trinkets from China and gain "real" credibility of dozens of positive feedback points in a matter of hours for under $100.

But what else is there? Geekhack had a feedback-type rating system before r00tw0rm, as I remember, but it never came back.

You are very right with all of this.

As someone who only buys what they need from eBay and doesn't go crazy on things, I only have a 250~ feedback rating and my account goes back to 2002.

I've seen people that were only registered for a year, weren't sellers, and had a feedback rating in the thousands. What's worse is that many sellers leave feedback before the items are even shipped. I had to cancel some orders and had positive feedback left for me already which made me feel kind of bad, but I wasn't the one who told them to leave positive feedback. :P

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8685 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 21:46:19 »
I was driving my daughter home this evening and I was stopped at a corner, about to turn on to the main road. This tiny, adorable white with black and brown spotted dog ran out on to the main road. A car was coming and ran him over. He was wailing that dog "I'm hurt" cry. My daughter saw the whole thing. The poor lady that hit him couldn't have avoided it. She got out of her car horrified.

My kid was crying. I told her someone would help the dog (I don't think anyone could really help though).  I didn't know what to do, and someone else stopped to help the lady that hit the dog so I left. I didn't want to make my 4 year old see any more than necessary. But damn, it is haunting me. I feel so bad. I wish I could have beeped or yelled, or done something in time to save the dog.  :'( I've got a soft spot and a half for animals. This is going to stick with me for a while.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #8686 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 22:24:13 »
I'm at a loss....

Doritos Cheesy Gordita Crunch? Or Volcano Quesarito??  :confused: :confused: :confused:

Why not both?

Some people have enough self-control not to eat BOTH bags of Doritos.

And some people aren't ****ing awful.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8687 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 22:34:44 »
I was driving my daughter home this evening and I was stopped at a corner, about to turn on to the main road. This tiny, adorable white with black and brown spotted dog ran out on to the main road. A car was coming and ran him over. He was wailing that dog "I'm hurt" cry. My daughter saw the whole thing. The poor lady that hit him couldn't have avoided it. She got out of her car horrified.

My kid was crying. I told her someone would help the dog (I don't think anyone could really help though).  I didn't know what to do, and someone else stopped to help the lady that hit the dog so I left. I didn't want to make my 4 year old see any more than necessary. But damn, it is haunting me. I feel so bad. I wish I could have beeped or yelled, or done something in time to save the dog.  :'( I've got a soft spot and a half for animals. This is going to stick with me for a while.

Oh man I hate that too.  I'm so sorry.  I love dogs so much, and it seems like they are the ones that get run over the most.  :-(  And armadillos.  At least in Florida.  Which I'm not too sad about.  Did you know they carry leprosy?
I'm back.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #8688 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 22:54:12 »
I'm at a loss....

Doritos Cheesy Gordita Crunch? Or Volcano Quesarito??  ??? ??? ???

Why not both?

And some people have enough sense to take a joke. ::)

Apparently

So we've established I can neither take a joke nor do I have any self-control. Any thing else?

k

reported
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8689 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 23:00:57 »
I'm at a loss....

Doritos Cheesy Gordita Crunch? Or Volcano Quesarito??  :confused: :confused: :confused:

Why not both?

And some people aren't ****ing awful.

mhm

Offline E3E

« Reply #8690 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 05:06:51 »
I get mildly annoyed because I have a **** camera and I feel like no one cares to see potatoes. :P It's all about that primo photography, but I don't have the budget for a nice camera when I'm spending money on keyboards, haha.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8691 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 07:08:01 »
Everyone...no need to get all fire sauce up in here. Let's all go to taco bell and get lots o' gorditas and quesaritos  ^-^

Or...maybe lets get some Totinos?

Offline jd29

« Reply #8692 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 07:12:06 »
jerue you're seriously pissing me off. Watch it.

Offline E3E

« Reply #8693 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 07:14:47 »
Everyone...no need to get all fire sauce up in here. Let's all go to taco bell and get lots o' gorditas and quesaritos  ^-^

:))

Don't worry, you aren't pizza me off, jerue.

PUNK MOSH

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8694 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 07:39:19 »

I get mildly annoyed because I have a **** camera and I feel like no one cares to see potatoes. :P It's all about that primo photography, but I don't have the budget for a nice camera when I'm spending money on keyboards, haha.

I like potatoes. Just yesterday I had them at Five Guys!
I'm back.

Offline E3E

« Reply #8695 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 07:49:38 »

It's official. Everything in this thread is making me hungry now. :-\

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8696 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 07:50:19 »

It's official. Everything in this thread is making me hungry now. :-\

Lol
I'm back.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8697 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 08:28:58 »

PUNK MOSH

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8698 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 15:24:28 »

PUNK MOSH

Show Image

Feminine pizza bag!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8699 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 16:20:35 »
I'm bothered that I have so many people I want to gift caps to and not enough caps. :-(
I'm back.