Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4288338 times)

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #8900 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:04:48 »
**** off trees

Man thats like the third time I've seen you post that..

WHY WONT YOU LOVE ME
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8901 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:05:04 »
I need $12k or so to take down trees in my yard so I don't have to spend 2 months a year raking the ****. And by ****, I mean figuratively and literally... dog ****, cat ****, squirrel ****. **** off trees (the plants and the GH account for naming himself that), neighbors who let their cats and dogs run rampant, and the borough for not allowing me to fire a pellet gun or 22 in a residential area so I can haz squirrel meat for dinner.

Just get a chainsaw and get wasted one night, I thought you lived in 'murica bro?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8902 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:05:49 »
**** off trees

WHY WONT YOU LOVE ME

Lmao legit made me giggle

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #8903 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:08:01 »
**** off trees

WHY WONT YOU LOVE ME

He lives in Philly and is a Giants fan, that just means he's double angry.

absyrd's current mood:  >:D

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8904 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:08:29 »
I need $12k or so to take down trees in my yard so I don't have to spend 2 months a year raking the ****. And by ****, I mean figuratively and literally... dog ****, cat ****, squirrel ****. **** off trees (the plants and the GH account for naming himself that), neighbors who let their cats and dogs run rampant, and the borough for not allowing me to fire a pellet gun or 22 in a residential area so I can haz squirrel meat for dinner.

Just get a chainsaw and get wasted one night, I thought you lived in 'murica bro?

I already took down 3 last year with an axe and almost dropped one on my neighbor's shed. The $12k worth are giant ones RIGHT over my house. I'm a DIYer; believe me I'd love to take them down myself, but I'd def kill the wyfe and pup (and material objects like house and hhkb).
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8905 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:09:39 »
Trees, right?!? I had to pay $1200 to clear the trees and overgrowht out of my neighbors yard. He hadn't mowed his lawn in like 30 years and it was a forest back there. That made it so all manner of gross ass insects where invading my yard. He wasn't going to cut them down, or mow his damn lawn, so I paid someone to come and do it for him. I know, you are going to think that is bananas, but my yard had earwigs all over it and no sunshine. I couldn't use my pool because of the leaves and the shade. That $1200 bought me summertime happiness, and it was worth it!

Now once a year my husband goes over there and and cuts down all the growth to the height of the fence so we don't have to do it again.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8906 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:09:47 »
**** off trees

WHY WONT YOU LOVE ME

He lives in Philly and is a Giants fan, that just means he's double angry.

absyrd's current mood:  >:D

Hahahaha. jbond knows what is up!

**** off trees

WHY WONT YOU LOVE ME

I really do like you. You a good GHer, if that means anything. I just hate your name right now.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8907 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:10:07 »
I need $12k or so to take down trees in my yard so I don't have to spend 2 months a year raking the ****. And by ****, I mean figuratively and literally... dog ****, cat ****, squirrel ****. **** off trees (the plants and the GH account for naming himself that), neighbors who let their cats and don't gs run rampant, and the borough for not allowing me to fire a pellet gun or 22 in a residential area so I can haz squirrel meat for dinner.

I already took down 3 last year with an axe and almost dropped one on my neighbor's shed. The $12k worth are giant ones RIGHT over my house. I'm a DIYer; believe me I'd love to take them down myself, but I'd def kill the wyfe and pup (and material objects like house and hhkb).

Ahh that's lame... Maybe you should start ****ting on there lawns? Y'know, send a message?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8908 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:12:59 »
Trees, right?!? I had to pay $1200 to clear the trees and overgrowht out of my neighbors yard. He hadn't mowed his lawn in like 30 years and it was a forest back there. That made it so all manner of gross ass insects where invading my yard. He wasn't going to cut them down, or mow his damn lawn, so I paid someone to come and do it for him. I know, you are going to think that is bananas, but my yard had earwigs all over it and no sunshine. I couldn't use my pool because of the leaves and the shade. That $1200 bought me summertime happiness, and it was worth it!

Now once a year my husband goes over there and and cuts down all the growth to the height of the fence so we don't have to do it again.

SEE PEOPLE! inanis knows how to complain properly in here. You relate and continue the whining so we all can be miserable ****s together.

Since we bought the house, both neighbors had ivy growing across the ground 20-30 feet onto my property. My dad and I have to nuke the **** every year. The second we get close to his fence, that ****for is threatening me not to touch his ivy on his stone wall he claims is his even though he built a fence on the OTHER side of it.

So... I need like 50 acres surrounded by preserved land. I can kill tons of trees to get revenge (and firewood).

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8909 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:16:25 »

SEE PEOPLE! inanis knows how to complain properly in here. You relate and continue the whining so we all can be miserable ****s together.

Since we bought the house, both neighbors had ivy growing across the ground 20-30 feet onto my property. My dad and I have to nuke the **** every year. The second we get close to his fence, that ****for is threatening me not to touch his ivy on his stone wall he claims is his even though he built a fence on the OTHER side of it.

So... I need like 50 acres surrounded by preserved land. I can kill tons of trees to get revenge (and firewood).

I know how to complain too!

I don't even have a yard with trees to complain about having to pay to cut down.  Take that!  :(

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8910 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:19:09 »
I did the whole townhouse thing when I first got a job. No maintenance, but talk about forced interactions with neighbors. At that time I was extra against talking to people. Then wyfe had to go and make besties with the girl next door. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh. But yeah... no maintenance... I'll go back to that when I'm 60ish. Although my pops is 63 and is over here every day outraking my ass on these leaves.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8911 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:19:53 »

It is not the first time I've been told I excel at being a miserable ****. We all have our skill sets. I fully embrace mine.  :)

Also, +1 for the use of "****for". I say this all the time, but I've never seen it in writing. I'm not sure I've ever even heard someone outside of my house say it. I feel so validated! <3

Every couple of days, while your neighbor is away, you should just inch by inch take a little more of the ivy away and watch him lose his mind while your all "I dunno, looks fine to me".

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #8912 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:35:36 »
I don't like this thread.  I think it's actually making us drift apart from who we are.

I can't say anything.  I want to say everything.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8913 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:37:10 »
I don't like this thread.  I think it's actually making us drift apart from who we are.

I can't say anything.  I want to say everything.

This is the best thread on GH.

Say everything. That is the point. ***** all you want.

If you are all sunshine and flowers and puppies, head to the "happy" thread.

Keyboard talk blah blah blah is the grey area.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8914 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:38:57 »

Just get a tractor absyrd.  Shouldn't be too hard to just pull it out, right?

More

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #8915 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 12:22:00 »
Just got banned

Not sure how much it bothers me though

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #8916 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 12:23:41 »
Just got banned

Lol that's literally the point of kbcirclejerk though.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #8917 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 12:32:11 »
Just got banned

Lol that's literally the point of kbcirclejerk though.

Yeah. At first I thought that he was overreacting by banning me, him it was actually pretty funny and appropriate. The guy does have a sophisticated sense of humor in some ways.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 November 2015, 12:34:05 by bcredbottle »

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #8918 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 18:50:01 »
What's bothering me is all these gif posts

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8919 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 18:50:41 »
GAME ON

« Last Edit: Thu, 05 November 2015, 18:51:57 by jwaz »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8920 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 18:51:57 »
I get to spend the night in the hospital. I'm fine, scheduled surgery for the wife.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #8921 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 18:52:26 »
So...timeout forever.  Gotcha. :))

GAME ON

Why you gotta make me look bad, Hoff. :(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8922 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 18:55:48 »
So...timeout forever.  Gotcha. :))

GAME ON

Why you gotta make me look bad, Hoff. :(

Had to give you something to post in here, didn't I?  <3

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8923 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 18:57:58 »
Dogs humping Hoff.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8924 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:13:22 »
Thank goodness! Balance has been restored. I'm unbothered now.

I get to spend the night in the hospital. I'm fine, scheduled surgery for the wife.
I hope your wife is okay. Sleeping in hospitals is never fun. I'll send good vibes.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #8925 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:20:35 »
I'm bothered by the fact that posting about how I am glad this thread has returned would violate the principle of it's existence. 

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #8926 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:21:03 »
Headhaches for days.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8927 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:22:34 »
I'm bothered by the fact that posting about how I am glad this thread has returned would violate the principle of it's existence.

I help you.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #8928 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:25:37 »

I help you.

Here you go boss

Being bothered again makes me happy.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8929 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:29:06 »

Headhaches for days.

Migraines?  Or normal headaches?
I'm back.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8930 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:29:13 »
Hooray! I can complain again. I'm tired as all get out, my legs hurt, and my allergies are driving me crazy.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #8931 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:30:05 »
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #8932 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:39:58 »
My daughter got me sick. :'(

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
I'm back.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8934 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:54:46 »

I hope the procedure is successful :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8935 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:56:51 »

Oh man just saw this. Hope it goes well. Praying for your wife bro.
I'm back.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8936 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:59:58 »
Getting sick from kids is awful. I hadn't thrown up in something like 25 years, I had a kid and I've been violently ill like 5 times in the 3 years they've been in school (once on Christmas Eve). And the worst part is you still have to take care of them! I mean, I love them and they are adorable and everything, but they are little germ factories.

I hope you feel better soon.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8937 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:03:51 »

Oh man just saw this. Hope it goes well. Praying for your wife bro.

Oh I missed this too. Hope everything goes well Spamray

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #8938 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:06:48 »

Getting sick from kids is awful. I hadn't thrown up in something like 25 years, I had a kid and I've been violently ill like 5 times in the 3 years they've been in school (once on Christmas Eve). And the worst part is you still have to take care of them! I mean, I love them and they are adorable and everything, but they are little germ factories.

I hope you feel better soon.

Yeah, I've never had the best of immune systems either so it's a double-whammy. She gets no sleep because she's got a bad cough, consequently I get no sleep and the crap lingers. -_-

And don't even get me started on the super-breeder that is day care!

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #8939 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:13:18 »
The sheer amount of hatred and bigotry in this world.

Yeah, I've never had the best of immune systems either so it's a double-whammy. She gets no sleep because she's got a bad cough, consequently I get no sleep and the crap lingers. -_-

And don't even get me started on the super-breeder that is day care!

The stuff from daycare is nothing compared to what goes around on a modern US aircraft carrier.  There are approx 5,000 people crammed into 4.5 acres to work, eat, sleep, and general just live for 6 months straight.  Not to mention the ships company that lives on the boat when it is docked between excursions.  And then throw germs from foreign countries on top of that when they stop into port for 5-6 days.  I never actually caught it, but I would bring it home to the wife every time I was on the boat for more than 7 or 8 days straight.  Being in a helicopter squadron, we did a lot of 5 and 6 day detachments so pilots could maintain carrier quals.  That bug would lay my wife up in bed for 3 days straight.  Not even the monthly visitor could keep her in bed for more than 12 hours straight. 
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Cooler than your average kid ;)
« Reply #8940 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:30:05 »
That people use young age as an insult when people twice my age still act like ****ing children.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8941 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:27:25 »
That people use young age as an insult when people twice my age still act like ****ing children.

If you're referring to the posts I made about the recent events in this thread, I was referring to actual kids (like 5 years old).

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Cooler than your average kid ;)
« Reply #8942 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:38:55 »

If you're referring to the posts I made about the recent events in this thread, I was referring to actual kids (like 5 years old).
no haha, i meant just in general. I would never make an indirect post about you hoff <3

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8943 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:42:34 »
There was a machinist where I work who was telling me I didn't know anything about tolerance and hole sizes because I'm "only 19" and he's been doing it for 25 years.

After he set us back about 2 weeks on some parts after making the same mistake he always did. I went to talk to him again, he said the usual "only 19" and the conversation got a bit louder. In the end he was proved wrong by a 19 year old in front of the entire bay.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #8944 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:48:44 »
There was a machinist where I work who was telling me I didn't know anything about tolerance and hole sizes because I'm "only 19" and he's been doing it for 25 years.

After he set us back about 2 weeks on some parts after making the same mistake he always did. I went to talk to him again, he said the usual "only 19" and the conversation got a bit louder. In the end he was proved wrong by a 19 year old in front of the entire bay.
I know this wasn't the point of your story but now I want to know what the issue was and how it set you back two weeks.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #8945 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:11:02 »
I'm sad because I can't use my MX gasmask on my Alps keyboard  :'(

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8946 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:12:58 »
I'm sad because I can't use my MX gasmask on my Alps keyboard  :'(

Sure you can.  Pay shipping and I can send you a 3D printed adapter.  I may also have an injection molded one I can spare.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8947 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:13:21 »

I know this wasn't the point of your story but now I want to know what the issue was and how it set you back two weeks.
He was pre drilling m6 holes with a 1/4in bit. Told me they were the same size and any difference was negligible. It was bad enough that lock washers had enough force to strip the threads.

The reason it set us back was the precision required by the assembly and its components meant that tapping them as 1/4-20 wasn't an option.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8948 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:17:31 »

no haha, i meant just in general. I would never make an indirect post about you hoff <3

Good.  Just making it perfectly clear.  ;)

:-*

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #8949 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:43:04 »
Desoldering. Just completely removed a pad from the KC60 pcb trying to get off these goddamn Gateron Browns