Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4288368 times)

Offline dante

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #8950 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:43:33 »
Am I gramps yet?

Can't stand teenagers / early twenty somethings on their cellphone when they should be doing their job...

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #8951 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:47:15 »
That people use young age as an insult when people twice my age still act like ****ing children.
There was a machinist where I work who was telling me I didn't know anything about tolerance and hole sizes because I'm "only 19" and he's been doing it for 25 years.

After he set us back about 2 weeks on some parts after making the same mistake he always did. I went to talk to him again, he said the usual "only 19" and the conversation got a bit louder. In the end he was proved wrong by a 19 year old in front of the entire bay.
I know this wasn't the point of your story but now I want to know what the issue was and how it set you back two weeks.
He was pre drilling m6 holes with a 1/4in bit. Told me they were the same size and any difference was negligible. It was bad enough that lock washers had enough force to strip the threads.

The reason it set us back was the precision required by the assembly and its components meant that tapping them as 1/4-20 wasn't an option.

That doesn't surprise me that the lock washer ripped out the threads.  Assuming perfect sized holes with the dimensions you gave, he was only allowing .0075" worth of thread on each side.  I that's about a third of the thread engagement from spex for 75% thread.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8952 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:49:01 »
That people use young age as an insult when people twice my age still act like ****ing children.
There was a machinist where I work who was telling me I didn't know anything about tolerance and hole sizes because I'm "only 19" and he's been doing it for 25 years.

After he set us back about 2 weeks on some parts after making the same mistake he always did. I went to talk to him again, he said the usual "only 19" and the conversation got a bit louder. In the end he was proved wrong by a 19 year old in front of the entire bay.
I know this wasn't the point of your story but now I want to know what the issue was and how it set you back two weeks.
He was pre drilling m6 holes with a 1/4in bit. Told me they were the same size and any difference was negligible. It was bad enough that lock washers had enough force to strip the threads.

The reason it set us back was the precision required by the assembly and its components meant that tapping them as 1/4-20 wasn't an option.

That doesn't surprise me that the lock washer ripped out the threads.  Assuming perfect sized holes with the dimensions you gave, he was only allowing .0075" worth of thread on each side.  I that's about a third of the thread engagement from spex for 75% thread.
You could barely see the threads, it looked like scratches.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #8953 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:28:50 »

You could barely see the threads, it looked like scratches.

Yeah, that's about all you see for .0075" thread depth.  But apparently that's a negligible difference.  Hell I get worried about 50% thread depth in steel.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #8954 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:41:47 »

Confession time. I used a .201 drill for both M-6 and 1/4-20 holes for years and years, in aluminum, without issue. It freed up a spot in the tool carousel and I figured .005" couldn't make that much of a difference. AFAIK some of the other guys in the shop still do the same thing. You just have to make sure you're using a good, sharp drill and center drilling first.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8955 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:44:46 »

Confession time. I used a .201 drill for both M-6 and 1/4-20 holes for years and years, in aluminum, without issue. It freed up a spot in the tool carousel and I figured .005" couldn't make that much of a difference. AFAIK some of the other guys in the shop still do the same thing. You just have to make sure you're using a good, sharp drill and center drilling first.

But that'll work because .201 is smaller than the id of both m6 and 1/4-20, probably wasn't great for the tap though.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8956 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:49:32 »
Sup
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8957 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 00:18:05 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:03:06 by alienman82 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #8961 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 00:21:54 »
Am I gramps yet?

Can't stand teenagers / early twenty somethings on their cellphone when they should be doing their job...

Lol, I'm early twenty something and I agree with you! It's rude as hell, if I'm going to go out of my way to be at a store etc then I'm looking for customer service and professionalism.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8962 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 00:36:11 »
Am I gramps yet?

Lol, I'm early twenty something and I agree with you! It's rude as hell, if I'm going to go out of my way to be at a store etc then I'm looking for customer service and professionalism.
Are you talking about retail people? If so, all I can is that it's boring as heck. I worked retail one year for ten hours a week, and those hours seemed longer than my 45-hour/week office job.
If they see a customer in their periphery then immediately the phone goes down, though.
I have that same code as when I'm standing in line and I'm the second next person. As soon as it's my turn to go up, the phone goes away.

But if that's not what you're talking about then disregard everything I said.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8963 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 00:36:22 »
Thank goodness! Balance has been restored. I'm unbothered now.

I get to spend the night in the hospital. I'm fine, scheduled surgery for the wife.
I hope your wife is okay. Sleeping in hospitals is never fun. I'll send good vibes.

I get to spend the night in the hospital. I'm fine, scheduled surgery for the wife.

I hope the procedure is successful :)

Oh man just saw this. Hope it goes well. Praying for your wife bro.

Oh man just saw this. Hope it goes well. Praying for your wife bro.

Oh I missed this too. Hope everything goes well Spamray

Thanks for the well wishes, all seems well so far and I was actually replaced by the mother-in-law so I get to sleep at home tonight.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #8964 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 00:39:43 »
Am I gramps yet?

Are you talking about retail people? If so, all I can is that it's boring as heck. I worked retail one year for ten hours a week, and those hours seemed longer than my 45-hour/week office job.
If they see a customer in their periphery then immediately the phone goes down, though.
I have that same code as when I'm standing in line and I'm the second next person. As soon as it's my turn to go up, the phone goes away.

But if that's not what you're talking about then disregard everything I said.

In that situation as well, I worked in retail as well but I would make sure that if I was checking my phone it was out of sight of customer's. It just seems unattentive, but yes retail is boring af.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8965 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 01:00:44 »
It bothers me that your not allowed to go off topic in the off topic section of the forum, and that random pages, not just posts will be removed and then threads closed without warning. I understand mods can do as they please but it seems pretty silly.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #8966 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 01:29:31 »
My thread I have posted for a trusted member of a different keyboard community is still not approved after four days.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8967 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 01:32:03 »
It bothers me that your not allowed to go off topic in the off topic section of the forum, and that random pages, not just posts will be removed and then threads closed without warning. I understand mods can do as they please but it seems pretty silly.

I got a bunch of off topic posts deleted in the off topic section. I also had a great day at my new job and won some BroCaps :)

wat, you developing dementia m8?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8968 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 04:49:19 »
German post, it best be as efficient as the people as I want my game now, fyi to anyone wondering I managed to get the game I was after :p one of my lovely german fellows helped me but he said it might take 2-8 weeks to arrive .-. no NO I want it now NOW

*Fire starts to act like verruca salt **Fire starts to sing I want it NOW DAAADDDDDY I WAAAANT IT NOW

Also yeah what happened to post in this thread the ones I made a day ago about this game where deleted too, looks like whoever did it just nuked the entire page instead of reading it... as mine had nothing to do with the tiff that was going on
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8969 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 05:59:33 »

Who said you can't go off topic?

Also yeah what happened to post in this thread the ones I made a day ago about this game where deleted too, looks like whoever did it just nuked the entire page instead of reading it... as mine had nothing to do with the tiff that was going on

Just realized that happened.  :eek:  Restoring those un-offending posts now.  But all of your posts were about the tiff, so they will stay where they are.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8970 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 06:13:31 »
Okay.

Reply #8896 - Reply #8917 have been restored.

Now can we please hear some updates on inanis' boss and absyrd's hatred of trees?

I understand this point. But even if that is the case, she wasn't doing anything to antagonize him right further (that I saw anyway). Why keep it going? It just seems like two wrongs don't make a right. Wouldn't everyone benefit from just dropping this whole thing so we can go back to our normal *****ing about life in this thread?

What happened with your boss?
I haven't talked to him yet.  :-X I'm still not sure what I'm going to say. I don't think I was wrong that he was being ****ish, But I do realize it was not good to just walk out, so I've to to apologize for that. He has been in meetings all day, so I'm not actively avoiding him. I'm not seeking him out either.

**** off trees

Man thats like the third time I've seen you post that..

WHY WONT YOU LOVE ME

Offline neverused

« Reply #8971 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 06:18:46 »
**** off trees

WHY WONT YOU LOVE ME
Laughed out loud when I read that and scared the **** out of my newborn because I was feeding him at the time.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8972 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 06:44:00 »
Okay.

Reply #8896 - Reply #8917 have been restored.

Now can we please hear some updates on inanis' boss and absyrd's hatred of trees?

I understand this point. But even if that is the case, she wasn't doing anything to antagonize him right further (that I saw anyway). Why keep it going? It just seems like two wrongs don't make a right. Wouldn't everyone benefit from just dropping this whole thing so we can go back to our normal *****ing about life in this thread?

What happened with your boss?
I haven't talked to him yet.  :-X I'm still not sure what I'm going to say. I don't think I was wrong that he was being ****ish, But I do realize it was not good to just walk out, so I've to to apologize for that. He has been in meetings all day, so I'm not actively avoiding him. I'm not seeking him out either.

**** off trees

WHY WONT YOU LOVE ME

Thank you! I got nuked for *****ing properly. :(

So my dad and I raked and blew all the leaves out to the street two days ago. These ****ing tree hormones are freaking out with it being real cold over the weekend and now 70 during the day. You can't even see the grass in my back yard two days after it was completely clean. Worst part is this kind of ash tree just ****ing taunting me as it hasn't even started to drop its ****.

I basically haul buckets of leaves to the street from October 15th to December 15th. My poor back.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8973 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 06:49:39 »

Just realized that happened.  :eek:  Restoring those un-offending posts now.  But all of your posts were about the tiff, so they will stay where they are.
Although I'm happy you have restored some, I'm fairly certain some of mine didn't as I had one post saying thank you to one person for offering to help, and in the same post thanking Azhdar for offering to help, even the post they made I'm again fairly certain didn't reference the issues they where just asking me they could help, unless the original post I made they referenced had it in, again just check please <3
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2015, 06:53:41 by Fire Brand »
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8974 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 06:56:38 »

Thread goes off topic, some people have a little argument and the thread is locked and a few pages are removed... and this is like the second or third time this has happened?

There wasn't even some alt trolling anyone this time either...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8975 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 06:59:02 »
Thank you! I got nuked for *****ing properly. :(

Appropriate content for the thread, at least!  ;)

So my dad and I raked and blew all the leaves out to the street two days ago. These ****ing tree hormones are freaking out with it being real cold over the weekend and now 70 during the day. You can't even see the grass in my back yard two days after it was completely clean. Worst part is this kind of ash tree just ****ing taunting me as it hasn't even started to drop its ****.

I basically haul buckets of leaves to the street from October 15th to December 15th. My poor back.

Y u no tarp method?  O.o

Although I'm happy you have restored some, I'm fairly certain you missed mine as I had one post saying thank you to one person for offering to help, and in the same post thanking Azhdar for offering to help, even the post they made I'm again fairly certain didn't reference the issues they where just asking me they could help, unless the original post I made they referenced had it in, again just check please <3

To be perfectly honest (which is always the case, for the record :P ), that was a subjective call on my part.  The content of your actual post was totally okay, but it stemmed from and quoted a post that was not.  :-/

If you'd prefer, I can edit those quotes out (moreso because of broken links than content) and restore them?

And for anyone wondering what was quoted, it wasn't anything terrible or offensive, it just doesn't make any sense and isn't necessary without the context of what happened.

Thread goes off topic, some people have a little argument and the thread is locked and a few pages are removed... and this is like the second or third time this has happened?

There wasn't even some alt trolling anyone this time either...

I'm not sure what you wanted to happen though?  When a thread devolves into two pages of people attacking each other, you prefer to keep that going?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8976 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:01:40 »
I'd prefer some mod come in and go; "ok chaps chill the **** out" and then if that doesn't work mute the people causing the issues for an hour or two... not sure why everyone should be affected by the actions of a few.

This thread is the closest GH has to an off-topic general chat thread, without it off-topic is just a collection of strange questions, sports threads and t4p lol

It's not really a dig at you, just a general complaint. You go out of your way to be as open and transparent as possible, as well as being pretty much the only visible mod both on here and Reddit. Then **** like this happens and its like r'okay lol... there isn't even any real need for that kind of reaction when only a few people are responsible for stating pointless **** that has no ending...
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:13:24 by baldgye »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8977 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:04:23 »

Although I'm happy you have restored some, I'm fairly certain you missed mine as I had one post saying thank you to one person for offering to help, and in the same post thanking Azhdar for offering to help, even the post they made I'm again fairly certain didn't reference the issues they where just asking me they could help, unless the original post I made they referenced had it in, again just check please <3

To be perfectly honest (which is always the case, for the record :P ), that was a subjective call on my part.  The content of your actual post was totally okay, but it stemmed from and quoted a post that was not.  :-/

If you'd prefer, I can edit those quotes out (moreso because of broken links than content) and restore them?

And for anyone wondering what was quoted, it wasn't anything terrible or offensive, it just doesn't make any sense and isn't necessary without the context of what happened.
No you don't have to I just wanted to make sure you where actually reading them to be honest, as I thought I didn't say much and was mostly just thanking people for offering, gotta make you work for that rainbow star yah know.

:-*
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8978 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:15:23 »

Y u no tarp method?  O.o

We tarp and trash bucket. And now it rained the last two days even though it wasn't supposed to, and I gotta get this **** out to the street before they come with the leafsucker machine. At least the borough does it for "free"; I could be stuck bagging the ****.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8979 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:19:11 »
I'd prefer some mod come in and go; "ok chaps chill the **** out" and then if that doesn't work mute the people causing the issues for an hour or two... not sure why everyone should be affected by the actions of a few.

This thread is the closest GH has to an off-topic general chat thread, without it off-topic is just a collection of strange questions, sports threads and t4p lol

The thread probably didn't need to be locked.  I did make a post more or less telling people to chill out, after which further action was taken.

I think you're right about what should have happened though.

No you don't have to I just wanted to make sure you where actually reading them to be honest, as I thought I didn't say much and was mostly just thanking people for offering, gotta make you work for that rainbow star yah know.

Fire Brand no trust me.  :( 

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8980 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:26:37 »

The thread probably didn't need to be locked.  I did make a post more or less telling people to chill out, after which further action was taken.

I think you're right about what should have happened though.

Fire Brand no trust me.  :(
I wouldn't trust you with a pair of safety scissors :p Those things are dangerous :X

Only joking but when you have the literal best star you can get I have to make sure you EARN that I mean really earn it :p <3

*Fire looks at his title

Remember your borrowing that rainbow from me its on lease :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8981 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:50:09 »
Someone's dreams just got crushed.  :(

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8982 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:57:27 »
Am I the only one still curious about what happened with inanis' (or is it inanis's?) boss?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8983 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:00:33 »
Am I the only one still curious about what happened with inanis' (or is it inanis's?) boss?

No!  I'm itching for an update.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8984 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:03:32 »
Someone's dreams just got crushed.  :(

If only you knew

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8985 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:13:43 »
Person offers to swap a "dead" macbook air in exchange for my aluminum poker 2. We agree to swap.

I fix the Macbook Air, post on Facebook sale group (this is where I probably f****ed up)

Person sees that I fixed it on Facebook and wants a trade back as it was a friend's Mac he was supposed to fix anyway and will return Mac to the owner.

I reluctantly agree but call him out on this. Person does honor their word and gives computer back to original owner

Original owner posts Macbook on same group for the exact same price I asked for.  :mad:

This was supposed to be money for my 456 GT :(

At least I can eventually pay this back, it's just annoying.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8986 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:14:19 »

She's so nice, I'm worried one of these days she's just going to decide she's had enough and...
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8987 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:15:29 »
Person offers to swap a "dead" macbook air in exchange for my aluminum poker 2. We agree to swap.

I fix the Macbook Air, post on Facebook sale group (this is where I probably f****ed up)

Person sees that I fixed it on Facebook and wants a trade back as it was a friend's Mac he was supposed to fix anyway and will return Mac to the owner.

I reluctantly agree but call him out on this. Person does honor their word and gives computer back to original owner

Original owner posts Macbook on same group for the exact same price I asked for.  :mad:

Clearly this is a Facebook problem and you should have sold the macbook here. ; )

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8988 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:15:42 »

Sorry dude 🏻
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8989 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:15:51 »

In the most child like playground esk way I would of said to them straight faced no backsies, you got diddled there man :/
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #8990 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:20:50 »

f u man my blog is tite
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8991 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:22:11 »

f u man my blog is tite

Only when I post in it. Lettuce be cereal.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8992 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:33:57 »
Still not moving this week.

SOLICITORS

IN THE ASS
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8993 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:49:55 »

I still haven't talked to him! Now I'm sure he is avoiding me because he usually comes to "check" on things like 20 times a day and I haven't been able to catch him for even a second to have a conversation.  To make matters worse (well, worse for me probably), there was one time he was talking to someone directly behind me - the only time he has been visible and within ear shot, and didn't even acknowledge my presence until I inserted myself into the conversation, which I only did because it directly involved me. It was super weird, like they are talking about me, and wondering if I know/did something, and I'm right here, but neither of them were asking me the question.

So, in my normal *****y fashion, I got up, told them the answer and then walked away in a huff. I'm still at a loss how to deal with this. He clearly doesn't want to talk to me, and I'm sure he is making it so that I can't talk to him. A similar thing happened once before with him and I wrote him an email after it got to be too much for me to bear, he didn't seem to like that approach either ("too passive aggressive"). Maybe he is just more comfortable with the wait-it-out-and-it-will-go-away method?
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8994 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:51:44 »
I still haven't talked to him! Now I'm sure he is avoiding me because he usually comes to "check" on things like 20 times a day and I haven't been able to catch him for even a second to have a conversation.  To make matters worse (well, worse for me probably), there was one time he was talking to someone directly behind me - the only time he has been visible and within ear shot, and didn't even acknowledge my presence until I inserted myself into the conversation, which I only did because it directly involved me. It was super weird, like they are talking about me, and wondering if I know/did something, and I'm right here, but neither of them were asking me the question.

So, in my normal *****y fashion, I got up, told them the answer and then walked away in a huff. I'm still at a loss how to deal with this. He clearly doesn't want to talk to me, and I'm sure he is making it so that I can't talk to him. A similar thing happened once before with him and I wrote him an email after it got to be too much for me to bear, he didn't seem to like that approach either ("too passive aggressive"). Maybe he is just more comfortable with the wait-it-out-and-it-will-go-away method?

Corner him in his office and ask him these exact words, "What the **** is your problem you lil *****".

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8995 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:53:34 »
Thanks all, I learned my lesson, sell **** privately here or on the bay.

Clearly this is a Facebook problem and you should have sold the macbook here. ; )

I did try this lol, even tried a straight swap or swap + cash for it but that didn't work either

She's so nice, I'm worried one of these days she's just going to decide she's had enough and...

She is, I must know how the boss's escapade to Dave and Buster's went! :P

edit: I missed the update lol. Sorry to hear your boss is being such a bad manager inanis. Strike when least expected :P and the gossiping? wow.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:55:22 by jerue »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8996 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 09:00:24 »
A similar thing happened once before with him and I wrote him an email after it got to be too much for me to bear, he didn't seem to like that approach either ("too passive aggressive").

HOW IS AVOIDING CONTACT WITH YOUR EMPLOYEE NOT PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE??

Sorry for yelling, but seriously what the ****.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8997 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 09:05:07 »
Corner him in his office and ask him these exact words, "What the **** is your problem you lil *****".
He is short, so that'd really set him off. :)) On more than one occasion I have thought I should just quit because I have a hard time dealing with this. The thing is that when he is not like this, everything is wonderful. But that man harbors a grudge like no ones business. Things could go on like this for a month, or more.

edit: I missed the update lol. Sorry to hear your boss is being such a bad manager inanis. Strike when least expected :P and the gossiping? wow.
That is another incident where he got pissed off at me and stormed off. Then he never spoke of it again, even though I did try to explain myself.  Actually, now that I come to think of it, that is probably what started all of this in the first place. He has probably been mad at me since then and I only now picked up on it.

Damn, I'm slow. Good thing I have you guys.

A similar thing happened once before with him and I wrote him an email after it got to be too much for me to bear, he didn't seem to like that approach either ("too passive aggressive").

HOW IS AVOIDING CONTACT WITH YOUR EMPLOYEE NOT PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE??

Sorry for yelling, but seriously what the ****.

For real! And in the actual email contents I was super pointed. The tone of the actual content wasn't passive aggressive! This is what I mean...no matter what I do, I feel like I can't win. But only when he is in *****y mode.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8998 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 09:08:00 »

That is another incident where he got pissed off at me and stormed off. Then he never spoke of it again, even though I did try to explain myself.  Actually, now that I come to think of it, that is probably what started all of this in the first place. He has probably been mad at me since then and I only now picked up on it.

Damn, I'm slow. Good thing I have you guys.

I either missed the D&B incident or just forgot.  Refresh my memory?  :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8999 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 09:15:18 »
I had a tex mex bacon thick burger from Hardee's around midnight, I can't stop thinking how good having another one sounds but I won't be anywhere near a Hardee's anytime soon.