Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4288387 times)

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #8750 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 22:28:11 »
Turning 30 in just over a week.  Still have no clue what I'm going to do.  It's made worse that most of my friends are still in Seattle and most of the people I've met down here are fake as ****, offensively ultra-conservative,  and/or hyper-religious.
I suppose you don't mean you don't know what to do during your birthday but more of don't know what to do now that you are turning 30. I used to be very bothered that I am turning 30 and realised I have spent 30 years of my life doing nothing of consequence. After some soul searching, I have to tell you that religion helps. It does, in a way  :))  And then you turn 40 and the same question will come up again. Life's a *****!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8751 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 22:39:21 »
Turning 30 in just over a week.  Still have no clue what I'm going to do.  It's made worse that most of my friends are still in Seattle and most of the people I've met down here are fake as ****, offensively ultra-conservative,  and/or hyper-religious.
I suppose you don't mean you don't know what to do during your birthday but more of don't know what to do now that you are turning 30. I used to be very bothered that I am turning 30 and realised I have spent 30 years of my life doing nothing of consequence. After some soul searching, I have to tell you that religion helps. It does, in a way  :))  And then you turn 40 and the same question will come up again. Life's a *****!

No, it really is a case of I actually have no clue what to do.  I still don't have much in the way of friends down here and I desperately need a real break from work since it's driving me insane.  I'm still trying to figure out how to meet good people down here, something easier said than done.  So I'm sitting here realizing I need some sort of break and want to do something for the 30 milestone, but also realize the only people I really want to share it with are thousands of miles away from me.

I've never really been bothered by aging, what I'm doing with my life, and so on.  I've found that if I'm happy with who I am and live in the moment, there's nothing more I can ask.  As for religion, well, I would never want to take it away from someone who needed it to be fulfilled with their life, but it's not for me.  Spirituality, living in the moment, centering yourself, those are all things I can appreciate, but religion isn't my cup of tea.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #8752 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 22:45:01 »

No, it really is a case of I actually have no clue what to do.  I still don't have much in the way of friends down here and I desperately need a real break from work since it's driving me insane.  I'm still trying to figure out how to meet good people down here, something easier said than done.  So I'm sitting here realizing I need some sort of break and want to do something for the 30 milestone, but also realize the only people I really want to share it with are thousands of miles away from me.

I've never really been bothered by aging, what I'm doing with my life, and so on.  I've found that if I'm happy with who I am and live in the moment, there's nothing more I can ask.  As for religion, well, I would never want to take it away from someone who needed it to be fulfilled with their life, but it's not for me.  Spirituality, living in the moment, centering yourself, those are all things I can appreciate, but religion isn't my cup of tea.

You should take some time off if you can - doesn't sound like you're in a good situation at all  :(

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8753 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 22:48:59 »
Well, I did take the week off.  Maybe I'll just go shooting and get a massage.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8754 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 22:51:10 »

So are you paying for a massage or looking for volunteers?

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8755 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 22:53:37 »
Ah, Hoffman is your friend, if you like his beard. Or you could ask Bro Caps out for tea, exchanging ideas .. or stalk Clackman. You are in CA and so many of these great guys are within driving distance and you have no one to go out with?

If I have a week off, I would game all my backlog to completion. That's what I'd do.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8756 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 22:54:07 »

THIS IS GONNA GET INTERESTING! Don't mind me here.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #8757 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 22:56:52 »

Do it at the same time for extra relax points  :)

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8758 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 22:58:41 »

Grosssssssssssssssss

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #8759 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 23:10:56 »

Grosssssssssssssssss

Oh I actuallly meant firing guns while being massaged.

Not his love gun  :))

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #8760 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 23:15:45 »
Girl who set up a date and went ghost just came back. Don't know what to do. Tbh don't remember much about her

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8761 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 00:08:38 »

Are you offering?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #8762 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 00:41:51 »
Customs...  :'(  Finally got my PBT topre spacebars and customs charges me 100% duties, they marked it as "textiles" (which carries some of our highest duties). Gotta be the most expensive spacebars ever! At least they look and work well  :thumb:

Offline jd29

« Reply #8763 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 00:56:34 »
I'm not sure if I should quit art. I'm reading posts by people on Deviantart and such who've practiced ten hours a day for years and still suck. I can't afford that kind of time. Figuring 10,000 hours of hard, focused study to git gud, I'll have to put in six hours every day for the next five years. And in a few years I'll probably be working ten hour workdays. And I also want to get married and have kids. The math is against me.

I don't want to spend all my free time in college doing this only to later find out that I'm not going to make it. I wish I had started studying back in grade school, when I did have a ton of time to spare...

As of now, it looks like my best shot is to be an engineer for a few years, live really frugally, and then take the money I save to go live in the mountains or something while I practice. But then what will interviewers think when I return to the workforce? Will they be cool with that massive gap in my history?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8764 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 01:03:42 »
I'm not sure if I should quit art. I'm reading posts by people on Deviantart and such who've practiced ten hours a day for years and still suck. I can't afford that kind of time. Figuring 10,000 hours of hard, focused study to git gud, I'll have to put in six hours every day for the next five years. And in a few years I'll probably be working ten hour workdays. And I also want to get married and have kids. The math is against me.

I don't want to spend all my free time in college doing this only to later find out that I'm not going to make it. I wish I had started studying back in grade school, when I did have a ton of time to spare...

As of now, it looks like my best shot is to be an engineer for a few years, live really frugally, and then take the money I save to go live in the mountains or something while I practice. But then what will interviewers think when I return to the workforce? Will they be cool with that massive gap in my history?

Cant you become an engineer and do art stuff in your spare time, for the love and enjoyment of art? Isn't becoming an engineer a passion in itself?

Offline jd29

« Reply #8765 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 01:35:14 »
Cant you become an engineer and do art stuff in your spare time, for the love and enjoyment of art? Isn't becoming an engineer a passion in itself?

I don't know. I think I'm just ranting because I'm very afraid I'll always be mediocre. I do enjoy drawing, but for this the destination is more important than the journey. If I'm never good, my effort will have been wasted. I'm even more afraid that, by the time I'm good, the passion will be gone. 10,000 hours is a lot of time to give to something and still have love for it. There are so many competent artists online that put up just a dozen or so pieces before disappearing. Why weren't they more prolific? Did they put in the time just for the sake of getting there only to realize that they stopped caring long ago?

I'll keep practicing, when I can.

Offline E3E

« Reply #8766 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 03:03:29 »

I don't know. I think I'm just ranting because I'm very afraid I'll always be mediocre. I do enjoy drawing, but for this the destination is more important than the journey. If I'm never good, my effort will have been wasted. I'm even more afraid that, by the time I'm good, the passion will be gone. 10,000 hours is a lot of time to give to something and still have love for it. There are so many competent artists online that put up just a dozen or so pieces before disappearing. Why weren't they more prolific? Did they put in the time just for the sake of getting there only to realize that they stopped caring long ago?

I'll keep practicing, when I can.

Dedication, discipline, and commitment are one of the most difficult aspects of doing anything yourself, whether it be starting and running your own business, sticking with a passion, teaching yourself a subject otherwise taught through a class (one of the hardest things to do, at least for me). A lot of people just aren't driven enough to stay persistent.

Thinking too far ahead is never good. Considering the hours you feel like you need to put in, imagining that such a long time frame will suck the passion out of you, and wondering why others stop so quickly... All of that sort of speculation is meaningless and only serves to manifest doubt, cutting yourself short before you even had a chance.

I know, it's tough. I find myself trapped in those mindsets too at times.

In the end, you just have to do it for yourself! I think a lot of the reason people stop uploading publicly is because they aren't getting attention and are becoming demotivated, perhaps feeling like they aren't improving. Ignore that aspect and just keep going, doing your best to learn new things, stick to what you are doing, and you will improve naturally. People tend to notice someone who's really driven and passionate too!

It's a super healthy mindset to be in, being invigorated and passionate, especially if it's coming from you alone out of creativity. So don't think about losing it! Just think about kindling it. :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 November 2015, 03:09:15 by E3E »

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8767 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 08:16:39 »

Customs...  :'(  Finally got my PBT topre spacebars and customs charges me 100% duties, they marked it as "textiles" (which carries some of our highest duties). Gotta be the most expensive spacebars ever! At least they look and work well  :thumb:
That sucks. At least it’s not a $200 clack that gets 100% duty. Ha ha ha.

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #8768 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 11:25:47 »
I've seemed to have lost/misplaced my trans-blue brobot v2 a couple weeks now. I has a sad.  :( :( :( :(

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8769 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 11:51:11 »
This guy who has managed to post 70 completely inane comments today alone to get his post count up to join in on a bro sale.

Every single keycaps thread from three months ago has been revived with a ****ing pointless comment.

What a monumental waste of my morning.  Wellp, at least he's down to 9 posts now.  :cool:

I don't know how into blind man-dates you are, but my best friend just moved to Orange for school if you want someone to hang out with.  I'm sure he'd be okay with meeting someone new.  I should warn you though, he's not much of a beer or coffee drinker.  :-X

Offline ice31000

• Just a block of ice on a journey of clacking.
« Reply #8770 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 12:09:20 »
Acne. Never have I had such a self-confidence hit than from acne. I get frustrated every time I look in the mirror.
iceyy

Offline iri

« Reply #8771 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 15:42:42 »

Something filled with liquid, a bottle or a can. I don't know what that was exactly as the car was moving very fast, so the object flew by in a blink of an eye and probably fell into a river -- we were crossing a bridge. They missed a little and the liquid spilled in front of us.

I think it's a common thing here as it tends to happen with us every three months.

Russia or England?
UK.

Also people yelling at pedestrians and cyclists is quite annoying. A woman I know nearly fell off her bike while cycling along the street when a bypassing driver suddenly screamed at her.

There is a lot of hatred for cyclists on roads, rightly or wrongly. Unfortunately it's always the people doing nothing wrong who get all the ****.
In Russia everybody hates everybody, but I've never seen drivers who scream loudly at bypassing pedestrians in attempt to scare them. Here it seems to be the national pastime.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8772 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 15:54:26 »
Worked right through lunch and now it's too late to eat and my head hurts.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8773 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 15:56:38 »
I have done this more times than I care to admit, and I always suffer for it. Take some aspirin, get some food and relax in the quite for a while. Hopefully the headache goes away soon. And make sure to drink plenty of water! It is the key to making those "I didn't eat anything" headaches go away.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8774 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 15:56:50 »

I work as an athletic director/summer camp director at a recreation facility, and I do this almost daily during the summer. Nothing like getting home and thinking to yourself that you haven't eaten all day.

What's bothering me is seeing the new posts page full of one liners from one user. I know Hoffman already deleted one round of them today, looks like another one is going now.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:07:36 by whmeltonjr »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8775 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:33:06 »

I know that feeling.  It's 2:30 and I'm just now getting the chance to eat lunch.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #8776 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:44:31 »

I know that feeling.  It's 2:30 and I'm just now getting the chance to eat lunch.

I've found that you've got to set boundaries with yourself at work for this stuff because if you are willing to skip lunch, work late or whatever people will start expecting it of you and exploit the crap out of you

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8777 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:45:24 »
Housing prices. Looking for a new place because I'm paying through the nose for a studio apartment right now, and I can't find anything remotely in the area for under $1200.
For a studio apartment, not even 1 bedroom. What the hell.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8778 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:48:32 »

I've found that you've got to set boundaries with yourself at work for this stuff because if you are willing to skip lunch, work late or whatever people will start expecting it of you and exploit the crap out of you

It's the exception for me.  Don't know about for Ray.  It's on the DL and only when I'm in the field since government jobs tend to be more strict about that kind of thing.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #8779 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 19:51:54 »
The amount of thread getting necroed since the Monster Mash Sale announcement.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8780 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 19:55:25 »

It's the exception for me.  Don't know about for Ray.  It's on the DL and only when I'm in the field since government jobs tend to be more strict about that kind of thing.
Oh yeah I'm one of those who eats at the same time everyday so its definitely not normal for me.

And I know I'm the last person the complain but all these spammers are awful, can we have a 20 posts per hour limit and then a time out?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8781 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 19:55:44 »

What, you don't like people making pointless comments and spamming?

Offline raymogi

« Reply #8782 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 19:57:19 »

What, you don't like people making pointless comments and spamming?

It gets old fast, nub :(

"welcome bro"

"look good bro"

"i wish i can get into the sale but i only have 10 post now"
Please feed my addiction.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8783 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 19:58:57 »
HoffmanMyster may not feel this way, but it was entertaining for me to see one of those guys get all of his posts deleted and him be muted. He clearly didn't get the message though. Going around doing it again. It's really not that hard to actually post something meaningful.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8784 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:40:38 »
HoffmanMyster may not feel this way, but it was entertaining for me to see one of those guys get all of his posts deleted and him be muted. He clearly didn't get the message though. Going around doing it again. It's really not that hard to actually post something meaningful.

It's certainly not at the top of my list of desired activities after an 11 hour work day.  :rolleyes:

But I can understand how it's entertaining.  :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8785 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:43:13 »
What bugs me is people who say they are going to buy something then don't. This is how you get on my don't deal with again list.  >:D

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8786 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:44:44 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:06:22 by alienman82 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8787 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:47:14 »
What bugs me is people who say they are going to buy something then don't. This is how you get on my don't deal with again list.  >:D

I know!  Someone made arrangements to meet me in person to save on shipping then called it off after I adjusted my schedule for them the day of.  Really made me mad
I can understand interest checks, but yeah, full-fledged deals? The worst. I've had a few Craigslist no-shows where I had to rearrange my whole day.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8788 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:47:27 »

I know!  Someone made arrangements to meet me in person to save on shipping then called it off after I adjusted my schedule for them the day of.  Really made me mad

Yeah my wife used to try to buy/sell locally through some of these mommy facebook groups and people would pull that crap all the time, finally I told her it wasn't worth her time to even mess with them.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8789 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:57:44 »

I hope I'm not on your don't deal list by not taking the freebie you offered up.  :( I just didn't want to take something that someone else could potentially use.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8790 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:58:55 »

I hope I'm not on your don't deal list by not taking the freebie you offered up.  :( I just didn't want to take something that someone else could potentially use.

Oh no that was totally unrelated. :D

Offline RenegadeParadox

« Reply #8791 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 22:27:30 »
The mail man who refuses to use my doorbell or knock on my door, deciding instead its easier to just slip a note in my mail box to pick up my artisans at the local office. This is literally the 3rd time I have been home and been checking my door and he didn't ring the bell. It's like he is trying to ninja me out of my packages at this point.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #8792 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 22:29:27 »
Newegg Returns.

Bought an In-Win 909 Case from them (Some crazty ****.) for $450 (Sarah's case she wanted to get even though i told her it was a bad idea :()

Ended up being too big and heavy (as i thought) and now we're gonna return it.

Newegg takes 15%!!! GADDAAAMN!!! That's like $70 right there.

The box was opened and then the case was taken out and then put back in.

$70 bucks to open the box pretty much.

I hate my life -___-

At least i got them to waive the return shipping cost?  :'(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8793 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 22:37:30 »
Newegg Returns.

Bought an In-Win 909 Case from them (Some crazty ****.) for $450 (Sarah's case she wanted to get even though i told her it was a bad idea :()

Ended up being too big and heavy (as i thought) and now we're gonna return it.

Newegg takes 15%!!! GADDAAAMN!!! That's like $70 right there.

The box was opened and then the case was taken out and then put back in.

$70 bucks to open the box pretty much.

I hate my life -___-

At least i got them to waive the return shipping cost?  :'(

Sorry to say it, but people have become a bit too accustomed to just not paying for things.  Could you imagine running your own store and having people buy things only to return them later, expecting you to accept the risk/cost associated with that?  Granted, this is a huge corporation that can absorb the cost, but that shouldn't really change the principle of the idea.  If they didn't charge you, they would have to add that cost to the base price of all their products, and then we'd all be paying for a few people's indecisiveness / poor decisions.  :-/  I know that's not really what you want to hear right now, so sorry.  :-[

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8794 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 22:41:31 »
Sorry to say it, but people have become a bit too accustomed to just not paying for things.  Could you imagine running your own store and having people buy things only to return them later, expecting you to accept the risk/cost associated with that?  Granted, this is a huge corporation that can absorb the cost, but that shouldn't really change the principle of the idea.  If they didn't charge you, they would have to add that cost to the base price of all their products, and then we'd all be paying for a few people's indecisiveness / poor decisions.  :-/  I know that's not really what you want to hear right now, so sorry.  :-[

It actually makes me feel better.
I always forget these kinds of things.

Of course, I'm a bit bias since my experience with Newegg has only gone down hill over the years.
I would understand paying for the shipping, but i feel like in the situation of me simply having it opened, I shouldnt have to pay a restock (or at least if it was lower i'd be fine).

But of course, i'll just do it anyway and it's worth it in the end to end up with a more reasonable case :)

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8795 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 23:11:36 »
So my college never told me I'm missing 4 credits and technically haven't graduated even though I graduated a year and a half ago. Worst part is the 4 credits are for pure electives since I've completed all the requirements for generals/major/minor. Gonna talk to them tomorrow - hopefully I don't have to take a course(s) for the remaining credits because not having a diploma is going to make applying for law school pretty hard.

Then again doing an online language course could be cool since I've been wanting to work on learning a new one. Also if this causes issues in applying to law school I mean I guess that gives me more time to hopefully get a 99th percentile score.

Offline dutC4

« Reply #8796 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 23:12:45 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 15:06:30 by dutC4 »

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8797 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 23:21:09 »
You're spot on with that. People get really used to dealing with the few companies that can afford to hand you all your money back with a smile and then, unless it's a sealed return, throw away your item or try to sell it discounted. I'm sure people running small businesses get really frustrated because everyone expects it now. Not to mention that even though the item is free shipping, it's not free for newegg, that money is going out of what they make off the case. The restocking fee helps recuperate some of the cost of shipping a bulky forty pound chunk of metal. Also, holy crap! That's a lot of money for a case.

Yea. A business like Newegg i dont care about really. Smaller local places I'm completely understanding of.
Again, my item is in perfect condition and all it has is the box was opened. I'd gladly pay for shipping if the restock was a lot smaller of a percentage.

And yes. I told Sarah that it was an unnecessary amount for a case, but it was what she wanted and we had already planned it for some time now so it wasnt just a random purchase. I'd never spend that much on a case, or even a single component haha.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8798 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 02:55:07 »
I have a Bro dibs ticket.  I really want a Hallowed Grumpkin - just that one.  The other caps are great and I'd happily add away if it were a raffle and I could have the joy of "winning" them (I'd go for three) but should I gamble and not use dibs and risk missing out on the Grumpkin or "waste" my dibs on a single cap when it's good for a cart-full?  Or should I become that guy I've always looked down on who buys lots with the intention of trading away on arrival?

It's a completely different feeling to the normal "I want that cap but probably won't get it" and I really don't like it :(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline E3E

« Reply #8799 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 03:34:58 »
I have a Bro dibs ticket.  I really want a Hallowed Grumpkin - just that one.  The other caps are great and I'd happily add away if it were a raffle and I could have the joy of "winning" them (I'd go for three) but should I gamble and not use dibs and risk missing out on the Grumpkin or "waste" my dibs on a single cap when it's good for a cart-full?  Or should I become that guy I've always looked down on who buys lots with the intention of trading away on arrival?

It's a completely different feeling to the normal "I want that cap but probably won't get it" and I really don't like it :(

As someone who isn't a big artisan guy but who has observed the market a little, I'd say get a whole batch of caps so that you have ammo for trading later. TBH, trading seems like a really fun aspect when it comes to artisans, bringing that damn '90s pokemon card vibe even closer to home, lol. Playing the market with the intent to sell is kind of lame.