Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4288086 times)

Offline Bomble

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #8800 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 03:56:28 »
It probably shouldn't but all of these people who suddenly just are really interested in GH and make 50 posts in the last couple of days are really starting to bother me. I'm talking about the ones that manufacture interest and like to believe they look like they're making conversation and interesting posts. I've nearly made so many passive aggressive posts today, ugh.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8801 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:00:00 »
It probably shouldn't but all of these people who suddenly just are really interested in GH and make 50 posts in the last couple of days are really starting to bother me. I'm talking about the ones that manufacture interest and like to believe they look like they're making conversation and interesting posts. I've nearly made so many passive aggressive posts today, ugh.

It is a known issue. The mods are on it, but if you see someone clearly spamming posts to get their post counts up, just report them :)

I am bothered by all the nice areas people live in. Looking at my Secret Santa's neighbourhood on Google Maps getting so jelly. Yeah I might be taking the estalking to the next level, but hey, I'm just curious.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline E3E

« Reply #8802 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:01:03 »

Haha. The guys who post and yet look like they're just looking right past the topic or person they're responding to? Feigned enthusiasm but no real engagement. Robutts. Robots.

I am bothered by all the nice areas people live in. Looking at my Secret Santa's neighbourhood on Google Maps getting so jelly. Yeah I might be taking the estalking to the next level, but hey, I'm just curious.

Yeah, I sold something to someone on her--no, I repaired their Viper for free, and remember seeing the street they lived on on Google Maps when I was shipping the package back. Mega huge houses.

Again, a reminder of me needing to get the heck out of this hobby for a while so that I don't drive myself into the ground. There are tons of people on here with pockets deeper than the Mariana Trench. Mine are as deep as a puddle after it rains. :P
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:05:45 by E3E »

Offline Bomble

« Reply #8803 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:07:07 »

It is a known issue. The mods are on it, but if you see someone clearly spamming posts to get their post counts up, just report them :)

I had considered it but I didn't want to report anyone where it wasn't 100% obvious what they were doing, I'll keep that in mind now though - cheers!

Haha. The guys who post and yet look like they're just looking right past the topic or person they're responding to? Feigned enthusiasm but no real engagement. Robutts. Robots.

Exactly, pisses me right off. Earlier today one of them was asking in the HHKB love thread whether an HHKB is a good keyboard/worth trying out. I had typed out a pretty mean response and slowly cut it down to a fairy friendly post in the end, I think I was too nice to him  :-[

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8805 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 06:19:38 »

future...  :(
^^ like that guy?

Offline Bomble

« Reply #8806 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 06:42:28 »

future...  :(
^^ like that guy?

Seems like it, I believed in him at first :( what a shame

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8807 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 07:11:38 »
The fact the 3DS is region locked, been trying to hunt down a copy of Project Mirai DX for my 3DS which would be PAL but no-where has it only one random place in germany which will work in english as all PAL regions have English French and German by default, but still sucks because it will cost £40 instead of the £25-£30 it is on amazon and its been discontinued as far as I can tell, even thought it only came out a month ago :I

I'm weird and like physical copys of games even now in the digital age, I can buy the game on the Nintendo eshop but I NEED the actual thing if only for looks.

TLDR; I'm going to buy it if amazon does not restock in the next week as they only have 7 copys left for sale now .-.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8808 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:13:35 »
The fact the 3DS is region locked, been trying to hunt down a copy of Project Mirai DX for my 3DS which would be PAL but no-where has it only one random place in germany which will work in english as all PAL regions have English French and German by default, but still sucks because it will cost £40 instead of the £25-£30 it is on amazon and its been discontinued as far as I can tell, even thought it only came out a month ago :I

I'm weird and like physical copys of games even now in the digital age, I can buy the game on the Nintendo eshop but I NEED the actual thing if only for looks.

TLDR; I'm going to buy it if amazon does not restock in the next week as they only have 7 copys left for sale now .-.

#Nintendo

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8809 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:16:21 »

I'm a physical copy collector, too. I can't stand digital copies, unless they're digital only. Even if a physical copy copy exists in another region, I'd rather get that than a digital copy in my region.
Which sucks for 3DS copies. I haven't touched mine since Majora's Mask came out; can't you bypass the region lock with a Gateway or something?

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #8810 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:16:41 »
That Hoff is avoiding the NFL thread.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8811 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:22:15 »

Hey, I posted my frowny face in that thread.  What more do you want from me?!  :'(

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #8812 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:24:50 »

Hey, I posted my frowny face in that thread.  What more do you want from me?!  :'(

Banter! Denial! Recriminations! Anger! We'll Get You Next Times!

Conspiracy Theories! Oh wait, that's right the Pack aren't in the AFC East...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8813 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:27:45 »

Sorry, I'm not sure how to properly react in this scenario; this is a new experience for me.

>:D

* HoffmanMyster bantered  :cool:

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8814 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:32:42 »
I need to get in the NFL fan, but as a Texans fan it is probably best I stay out. What's bothering me is stupid fans calling in asking local sports radio stations what they think about the Texans winning the division. Are these people all stupid? Has anyone watched how bad they are this season? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.  >:D

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8815 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:45:40 »

I'm a physical copy collector, too. I can't stand digital copies, unless they're digital only. Even if a physical copy copy exists in another region, I'd rather get that than a digital copy in my region.
Which sucks for 3DS copies. I haven't touched mine since Majora's Mask came out; can't you bypass the region lock with a Gateway or something?
No I can't unfortunately I might next time just buy a US 3DS system and import everything as the game I'm after project Mirai DX has a poop ton of US copy's but is none existent for PAL systems :/

@Baldgye I Know that's why I bought a PS Vita no region lock on those :D just the most gut churning expensive memory cards ever.....
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #8816 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:02:17 »
I'm bothered by the fact that my Orion V2 is here but my stabs from GON aren't. Feels something like blue balls

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8817 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:06:02 »
Monthly meeting at work was, again, just a *****fest with the laziest employees *****ing the loudest about being overworked and other BS.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8818 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:08:21 »

Sorry, I'm not sure how to properly react in this scenario; this is a new experience for me.

>:D

* HoffmanMyster bantered  :cool:

Bro don't let your balls deflate.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8819 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:18:45 »
Monthly meeting at work was, again, just a *****fest with the laziest employees *****ing the loudest about being overworked and other BS.

To be fair, the laziest employee is the most likely to be overworked.  :))

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #8820 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:25:20 »

To be fair, the laziest employee is the most likely to be overworked.  :))

Nothing more fitting than someone loafing around all day complaining about how much work they have to do!

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8821 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:27:58 »
Nothing more fitting than someone loafing around all day complaining about how much work they have to do!
Sounds like you have met a few of my co-workers. It really is an art form.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8822 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:51:17 »

When else would you like them to complain about such things?  While performing the task in question?  What, do you think they are master multi-taskers?

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8823 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:57:17 »

When else would you like them to complain about such things?  While performing the task in question?  What, do you think they are master multi-taskers?

Here in the land of Corporate Hell, they teach us that anyone who multi-tasks is a bad worker. Instead of doing one thing right, you do two things poorly. Thus is the law of Six Sigma. This only enables the slackers with an excuse as to why they can't get things accomplished. Can't be on Facebook AND doing work at the same time! Let alone complaining about all the work you have to do while actually doing some of it. Think of all the half assed complaining that would be happening! We need better complainers!

You're right, I should know better. :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8824 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:07:22 »

Here in the land of Corporate Hell, they teach us that anyone who multi-tasks is a bad worker. Instead of doing one thing right, you do two things poorly. Thus is the law of Six Sigma. This only enables the slackers with an excuse as to why they can't get things accomplished. Can't be on Facebook AND doing work at the same time! Let alone complaining about all the work you have to do while actually doing some of it. Think of all the half assed complaining that would be happening! We need better complainers!

Whoa, I've never heard Six Sigma associated with something this ridiculous.  I've only had positive experiences.  Mind sharing the industry?  I wonder how that methodology is applied to various industries (I'm in manufacturing).

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8825 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:22:18 »

Whoa, I've never heard Six Sigma associated with something this ridiculous.  I've only had positive experiences.  Mind sharing the industry?  I wonder how that methodology is applied to various industries (I'm in manufacturing).

I work for a Data Security company, which is owned by a Software company (or that is what they like to say, really it is a hardware company). The parent company forces these mandatory classes on all of us. One of them was a workplace productivity course, which was based on Six Sigma. The first thing they talked about was not multi tasking. Meanwhile, I have my laptop open so I can answer some emails. Oops!

#corporatelyfe

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8826 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:26:53 »

I work for a Data Security company, which is owned by a Software company (or that is what they like to say, really it is a hardware company). The parent company forces these mandatory classes on all of us. One of them was a workplace productivity course, which was based on Six Sigma. The first thing they talked about was not multi tasking. Meanwhile, I have my laptop open so I can answer some emails. Oops!

#corporatelyfe

Whaaaaaaaaat, that's so weird.  We use Six Sigma for data analysis and improvements and stuff, which makes a lot of sense (is unit A in spec? yes or no), versus a more abstract KPI or whatever you're using.  :confused:  Huh.  Sounds more like they're using it to control your behavior than actually make improvements...

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8827 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:30:32 »

I seem to have two issues with things that I like. Either everything I touches is way way way too expensive and I have to hunt for a better price. Or the thing I'm interested in is tangentially related to what's being offered. This time it's this zine that's releasing with these sneakers. I just want to buy the zine but noooooo, I can't :(.

Last time it was, the shoe box to a pair of sneakers. They turn into a box to hold your magazines. Ughhhh
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:32:51 by CPTBadAss »

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8828 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:33:29 »
...  Sounds more like they're using it to control your behavior than actually make improvements...

Indeed.

Offline iri

« Reply #8829 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 14:05:16 »
> big corporation

> actually make improvements
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline jpvs

• What we type in life echoes in eternity
« Reply #8830 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:11:22 »
the last kb i bought it was delivery on october 31 but i can't use it till 2 or 3 weeks!

it was delivered to a family address  so i  will wait  until they bring the package to me.  </3

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8831 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:16:10 »

This^^^^^

A part of me wishes they'd all just hit their required post count and stop threadcrapping. The thing I find frustrating is when they ask a semi-legitimate question, so you actually spend some time and effort to give them a decent answer, when all they're really doing is trying to seem legit so they can get enough posts to buy a Bro cap. I would blame Brocaps for the influx, but I think his requirements are legit and the end results of this all may not be so bad.

Actually what I really hope is they learn how awesome GH really is, how shallow their reasons for joining are and become better people and contributors to the keyboard enthusiast community... I'm sure at least a couple will. This community is awesome.

<EDIT - hmmm.. I actually feel better about this now, just had to get that off my chest... great thread concept>
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Cooler than your average kid ;)
« Reply #8832 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:23:59 »

This^^^^^

A part of me wishes they'd all just hit their required post count and stop threadcrapping. The thing I find frustrating is when they ask a semi-legitimate question, so you actually spend some time and effort to give them a decent answer, when all they're really doing is trying to seem legit so they can get enough posts to buy a Bro cap. I would blame Brocaps for the influx, but I think his requirements are legit and the end results of this all may not be so bad.

Actually what I really hope is they learn how awesome GH really is, how shallow their reasons for joining are and become better people and contributors to the keyboard enthusiast community... I'm sure at least a couple will. This community is awesome.

<EDIT - hmmm.. I actually feel better about this now, just had to get that off my chest... great thread concept>
I joined this forum to search for brocaps, ended up loving the community and being a pretty active poster. People can change, but yeah. The reasons for so many people posting and joining today are pretty selfish and annoying.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8833 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:25:12 »
My current project at work, although Detroit weather is surprisingly nice this week..

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8834 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:26:36 »
Went to the doctor and found out I was 5'9". I thought I was 5'10" Dx but hopefully I'll grow more :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8835 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:29:12 »
Went to the doctor and found out I was 5'9". I thought I was 5'10" Dx but hopefully I'll grow more :)
Not eating enough vegetables! ;)

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8836 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:30:45 »
Do burritos count? Just came back from chipotle >:)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8837 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:31:29 »

I shrunk. I was 5'10" in early high school, went to 5'9" toward the end. A couple of years ago I was measured again for the first time since, and now I'm 5'8".  :confused:

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8838 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:32:31 »

I shrunk. I was 5'10" in early high school, went to 5'9" toward the end. A couple of years ago I was measured again for the first time since, and now I'm 5'8".  :confused:
*not helping*
But on a serious note, don't people only shrink when they get older? Like elderly. Or are you telling me you're 70 years old already?

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #8839 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:32:43 »
My current project at work, although Detroit weather is surprisingly nice this week..

Yessir, were supposed to be pretty warm this week here!
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8840 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:33:00 »
Do burritos count? Just came back from chipotle >:)
Depends on what kind. :D

On topic I've got a lot of real life stuff going on that's stressing me out.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #8841 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:37:21 »

Whoa, whoa whoa. Wrong sub-forum sir! This is strictly off topic.  :rolleyes:

In other news, I've always felt is has helped to concentrate on the variables irl that you can actually control and just try to manage collateral damage from the rest. Not foolproof though, because my wife always yells at me when I'm not as stressed about something as she is  :))

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8842 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:47:57 »

We're on the same boat, mine is work related though
To the point I'm becoming a lurker here now, don't feel the hype to post :(
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8843 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:49:42 »

everytime you post i'll reply with a virtual high five

get posting!
but hope everything ends up well at work :)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #8844 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:55:51 »
F2L algs are too damn hard :(
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8845 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 16:02:20 »

Show Image

get posting!

<3
*highfive*

****, fingerprints on screen now...
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8846 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 16:03:12 »

Show Image

get posting!

<3
*highfive*

****, fingerprints on screen now...
it was all a ruse, I run a screen cleaning company >:)

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8847 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 16:06:03 »

Speed cubing is rough.  I used a pretty slow method and capped out at 40-45 secs.  My old roommate was in the sub-20 range like 7 years ago, I wonder if he still does it.

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #8848 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 17:53:32 »
I wouldn't do F2L algs. Intuitive is far more advantageous in the long run.
Everyone hits barriers sooner or later, I've been stuck trying to get consistent sub 10 averages for the better part of the last few months.
One down though!  :))

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8849 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 18:44:02 »
The people above me moved out over the weekend, so maintenance has been renovating the apartment above me all day. The banging and going up and down the stairs is fine they are just doing their jobs.

It's the thousand decibel Mexican circus music they are blaring on their ghetto blaster so loud it sounds like it's being played in my apartment for going on 5 hours now that is pissing me off. Every ****ing song sounds exactly the same, is anyone else familiar with this style of poison music?