Author Topic: Topre switch w/ MX Compatible Stem.....  (Read 116850 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: Topre switch w/ MX Compatible Stem.....
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:27:36 »
From /r/mechanicalkeyboards, A Cm Rep posted the latest sample of the novatouch..I love the new font, and are those silenced stems?
Show Image

Show Image

If these were to come in silenced UNIFORM 45g or 55g, I'm in (preferably 55g).

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #501 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:31:51 »
From /r/mechanicalkeyboards, A Cm Rep posted the latest sample of the novatouch..I love the new font, and are those silenced stems?
Show Image

Show Image

55g=instant buy

Sadly they are only starting with 45g the last time I checked.. (although they said they are open to different weights and layouts)

Offline avtar

« Reply #502 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:34:37 »

They've been saying that they'll only offer 45g to start with though :(

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #503 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:34:38 »
Show Image

Show Image

55g=instant buy

Sadly they are only starting with 45g the last time I checked.. (although they said they are open to different weights and layouts)

Yeah, agree with you. Bring on the uniform 55g silenced!!!! Either way, I'll probably sit back for a few weeks/months to see what people think about it, before I buy one myself. Want to see that there are no issue, like certain profile keycaps not fitting properly, etc.

They've been saying that they'll only offer 45g to start with though :(

:( :( :( Might have to give it a shot anyway because I have yet to try silenced Topre. Depending on price, this might be the first. Le sigh.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #504 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:34:55 »
If these are 'silenced' then it means they are willing to try something besides just the stock 45g option so hopefully they sell well and we can get 55g.

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #505 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:35:06 »
Fingers crossed for a silenced uniform 55g 60%...

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #506 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:37:56 »
Fingers crossed for a silenced uniform 55g 60%...

^^^ now i just need to get my greasy hands on a GH60 and ill be oh so happy.

sell out and eat ass

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #507 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:39:42 »
I don't think they need to rush into 60%. If they can get 55g out there to begin with I think most people will be super happy.

Lets just hope all the people who are saying they are going to buy this will do so.  :)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #508 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:57:48 »
Show Image

Show Image

Very cool.  Wonder why ole Carter hasn't posted any updates here?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #509 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:59:28 »
Looking good.

This could be one of only two more keyboards I would get.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #510 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 21:02:18 »
Show Image

Show Image

Very cool.  Wonder why ole Carter hasn't posted any updates here?

Seems like they get more updates at DT as well :(

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #511 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 21:17:27 »
Looking good.

No it won't Rowdy, you'll start the CM Keyboard appreciation society much like what the HHKB owners have done.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #512 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 21:56:45 »
Show Image

Show Image

Interesting. Is this the first time a keyboard uses a micro usb port? :eek:
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #513 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 22:22:18 »
Looking good.

No it won't Rowdy, you'll start the CM Keyboard appreciation society much like what the HHKB owners have done.

Due to funding cuts, I can't really afford one more keyboard.  But I would like a Novatouch and an SSK.

Already got HHKB :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #514 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 22:23:05 »
Show Image

Show Image

Interesting. Is this the first time a keyboard uses a micro usb port? :eek:

Nope, Matias Mini Quiet Pro has been using it since 2012 and I bet there are probably keyboards that use it long before that. CM Quick Fire Rapid-I (which will be released soon) also uses it.

Edit: Logitech K800 (backlit membrane keyboard) uses it for charging and I think that's prior to 2012.

The Micro-USB is far more resistant than the mini-USB connector, thus it won't break easily.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #515 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 22:26:36 »
I have terrible luck with micro-USB on cell phones. They get loose easily. Looks like there are integrated media keys too. That's really a nice feature I prefer to have on boards. I do want uniform 55g Topre though.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #516 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 22:31:10 »
I would have to agree with jameslr on this one.  I have had many more issues with micro usb than mini for cell phone chargers.  Plus to me they just don't feel as secure when you plug and unplug them.  While the plugs may have a longer life span in terms of how many times they can be plugged and unplugged, to me they just don't feel near as physically strong.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #517 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 22:34:17 »
The plug was quite firm when I tested it on the CM Quick Fire Rapid-I (it should be using the same), I can guarantee it's not loose.

But now, if we're going to talk about loose, you guys should take a look at the new "CM Storm Trigger Z":

I know anything is better than the Mini-USB used before, but that full-sized USB Type A is loose as hell.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #518 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 22:40:52 »
I would have to agree with jameslr on this one.  I have had many more issues with micro usb than mini for cell phone chargers.  Plus to me they just don't feel as secure when you plug and unplug them.  While the plugs may have a longer life span in terms of how many times they can be plugged and unplugged, to me they just don't feel near as physically strong.

Agree.  I have had terrible bad luck with micro USB.  Wish they would have just stuck with mini.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #519 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 02:49:27 »

Agree.  I have had terrible bad luck with micro USB.  Wish they would have just stuck with mini.

Agreed with all the micro usb comments. Sure, the lifespan is double of mini usb, but the surface area and shape of the connector is less than mini usb, thus giving it that flimsy feel. I'm not sure about others, but for me, Micro USB feels like it could snap in half if bent. Whereas mini feels a bit more rigid in my hands. It could just be my mind playing tricks though  :p
-----

Shame that that Trigger - Z has a loose USB A port. Even though the lifespan of it is the least, it's definitely the most sturdy feeling USB connector.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #520 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 11:20:36 »
The plug was quite firm when I tested it on the CM Quick Fire Rapid-I (it should be using the same), I can guarantee it's not loose.

But now, if we're going to talk about loose, you guys should take a look at the new "CM Storm Trigger Z":

Show Image

I know anything is better than the Mini-USB used before, but that full-sized USB Type A is loose as hell.

Not to mention that it really doesn't adhere to the intent of the standard (even though it might adhere to the letter). Type-B plugs are meant to be used for upstream ports on client devices, whereas Type-A plugs are meant for downstream ports on the host machine.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #521 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 11:21:43 »

Show Image

The XT uses a full size A plug as well :(

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #522 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 11:42:21 »
so..............trying to read through everything and be clear

do we know if the initial board when it comes out will be 45 gram or 55 gram?

caps look like ABS again :mad:, but the mx is good

does anyone have any clue about the price yet and the release date is end of march?
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #523 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 11:44:55 »
I honestly want them to put next to no money into the caps so that they're as cheap to produce as possible, keeping the total cost of the keyboard down. I don't understand why people would be excited about this if they weren't planning on switching the caps out :P

Offline avtar

« Reply #524 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 11:48:25 »

does anyone have any clue about the price yet and the release date is end of march?

It'll be 45g http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cooler_Master_Novatouch I would wager that it'll carry a price tag similar to that of the Leopold FC660C.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #525 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 11:49:06 »
I honestly want them to put next to no money into the caps so that they're as cheap to produce as possible, keeping the total cost of the keyboard down. I don't understand why people would be excited about this if they weren't planning on switching the caps out :P

Because all the non-geekhackers who they need to buy this board so it is profitable. You know since this is the new best gaming board every.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #526 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 13:32:47 »
I still think it would be cool the be able to get keyboards from the manufacturer with no caps at a slight discount.  I would assume that this would at least have a bit of interest as I am sure a lot of people here have more sets of caps than keyboards to put them on.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #527 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 13:34:11 »
I still think it would be cool the be able to get keyboards from the manufacturer with no caps at a slight discount.  I would assume that this would at least have a bit of interest as I am sure a lot of people here have more sets of caps than keyboards to put them on.

And for people who have no care for ****ty stock caps

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #528 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 13:57:49 »

It'll be 45g http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cooler_Master_Novatouch I would wager that it'll carry a price tag similar to that of the Leopold FC660C.

How much g is the Leopold FC660?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #529 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:02:30 »

Offline avtar

« Reply #530 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:04:43 »

And for people who just want those stems :D

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #531 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:07:38 »

Thats has been our theory all along. We want to supply you with a solid foundation and let you choose keycap style. Everyone has a different preference.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #532 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:08:36 »

Thank you!

So how do 45g compare to 55g in practice? Like MX Brown to MX Clear?

I know you can't compare Topre to MX, but is it at least somehow comparable?

Offline avtar

« Reply #533 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:18:39 »
So how do 45g compare to 55g in practice? Like MX Brown to MX Clear?

I know you can't compare Topre to MX, but is it at least somehow comparable?

I can't comment on the MX comparison but a Realforce 55g feels firm, springs back faster when lifting a finger, and just plain awesome. Topre boards with 45g weighting, whether the FC660C or HHKB, don't have enough tactile feedback in comparison. It feels hollow and like there's something missing.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:22:02 by avtar »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #534 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:49:04 »
Thanks for the explanation! Sounds like I'd prefer a 55g version :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #535 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:05:09 »
Thats has been our theory all along. We want to supply you with a solid foundation and let you choose keycap style. Everyone has a different preference.

Understatement of the year ;)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #536 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:59:10 »

I'm going to have a field day switching those stems out  ;D
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #537 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 17:04:04 »

I'm going to have a field day switching those stems out  ;D

I'd prefer to spend a day in a field instead of switching stems in case I broke something.

I'd probably prefer to try Matt3o's ones first, to avoid destroying a harmless CM keyboard.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #538 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 17:27:01 »

That's awesome!

No matter how much I say I hate topre, I love GMK.

I was EXTREMELY conflicted on buying one of these

maybe not as much...
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #539 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 21:42:21 »
Anyway guys, sorry for not being around as much. Been quite busy around here....

Rajiv will be headed to South By South West this week so I will try and be as active as possible to answer questions....

Also this thread has gotten a little long.... time for a new one?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #540 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 21:58:37 »
Anyway guys, sorry for not being around as much. Been quite busy around here....

Rajiv will be headed to South By South West this week so I will try and be as active as possible to answer questions....

Yay!

Is it silenced torpe and is it 45g or 55g?Uniform or variable?

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #541 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 22:04:31 »

Yay!

The purple stem is related to CM (Our now exclusive switch color) but also has characteristics of the silenced topre version.

Currently we are launching with 45g uniform with planning in the 55g category based on initial market feedback (Purchase power)

We have also changed our font for this model as this particular segment is geared towards our enthusiasts segment (U guys).... tell us what you think!

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #542 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 22:06:53 »

Yay!

The purple stem is related to CM (Our now exclusive switch color) but also has characteristics of the silenced topre version.

Currently we are launching with 45g uniform with planning in the 55g category based on initial market feedback (Purchase power)

We have also changed our font for this model as this particular segment is geared towards our enthusiasts segment (U guys).... tell us what you think!
You guys rock is what I think.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #543 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 22:07:18 »

Yay!

Sweet :thumb: Going to hold out for 55g :p

Oh and another question: Will the novatouch be compatible with universal TKL cases?

Offline avtar

« Reply #544 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 22:11:53 »

Oh and another question: Will the novatouch be compatible with universal TKL cases?

Yeah I'm going to wait for the 55g version as well. It sounds like there will be plenty of people buying the initial 45g one.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #545 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 22:12:46 »

Yay!

But if nobody buys the 45g they won't make the 55g :P

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #546 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 22:19:15 »
I'd buy a 45g right away if CM would be willing to sell 55g rubber sheets later on, so we can just add them if we want :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #547 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 22:22:33 »

Any comments on the micro- vs. mini-USB connector?  That seems to upset a lot of people.

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #548 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 00:05:26 »
I prefer Micro USB ;D
WASD Kb and new Matias Kb i think using micro like some gadgets,Mini USB easily separate
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 March 2014, 01:01:19 by yasuo »
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline morpheus

« Reply #549 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 00:10:26 »
The Micro/Mini USB thing aside, Methinks this Novatouch has EPICNESS written all over it.